05;

Take a Chance on Me [Hiatus]

 

 

"What do you think you're doing here? Please don't tell me you came here to get yourself wasted again."

The obviously irritated remark came from the tall girl standing behind the bar counter counter. Her eyes watched as a much shorter girl with light brown locks started making her way towards her, plopping herself on one of the stools. The said person sighed softly as she plopped her chin over her palm, before throwing the bartender a small smile. 

"Don't worry. I just came here to cool off." Taeyeon stated with a bored look on her face. "Can't stay at home while my family members are going mad." She recalled their whole household filled with chaos, her parents fighting again over money, and her older brother having with his girlfriend in his bedroom which was only right next to Taeyeon's. She thought that the bar was the only place where she can ever relax.

"That better be the reason." Sooyoung exclaimed with a slight scoff. "Because I won't give you a single drink anymore."

Taeyeon nodded with another ghostly smile, her eyes darting towards her lap. Sooyoung took note of the older girl's sudden silence and she didn't have to wonder why. Taeyeon would always come over wearing that lonely expression on her face. 

Sooyoung suddenly cleared . "Hey midget." Taeyeon snapped her head up with a glare upon hearing the given nickname to her. "Are you single?" But her face got surprised by the younger one's sudden question.

"Psh. Like it isn't obvious." Taeyeon remarked, rolling her eyes in the process. "Do you think anyone will be interested in someone like me? Heck no."

Sooyoung scratched her chin as her eyes wandered around the room, as though her mind was having deep thoughts. She wasn't sure whether she should continue with what she was about to say or not, but she's certain for one thing; she wanted to help Taeyeon to move on with her depression. No matter how this short girl annoys her for getting drunk numerous times, she was still someone whom she treated as a friend.

"Taeyeon-shi, I..well..I just wanted to tell you about this cousin that I have." Sooyoung began, her words coming out in an unstable way because she was still unsure of what she was doing. But Taeyeon didn't seem to care, she wasn't even paying attention at all because she was too busy playing with her phone. "She's going to move into this neighborhood and she's..single."

The last word had finally caught Taeyeon's attention.

"Excuse me?" The brown-haired girl leaned forward, so close that the tip of her nose was almost brushing against Sooyoung's. "Did you say something about being single?"

Sooyoung pushed the older girl away, a look of annoyance flashing across her face. "A little too close for comfort! ANYWAYS as I was saying, my cousin is moving here next week. She's a year younger than you and she's single. She's currently looking for a relationship."

Taeyeon's eyes sparkled with anticipation. "Really? What is she like?"

"She's tall, pretty, and very smart too. She actually used to be a commercial model, but she quitted and decided to focus on her studies. Like what I said, she's really smart." Sooyoung stated proudly. "I thought that maybe you'd be interested to meet her."

For a brief second, Taeyeon almost said an eager 'yes'. But then something hit her mind and instead she shook her head with a discouraged sigh. "I don't think so."

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow questioningly. "But why? I thought you're looking for a girlfriend?" She asked teasingly. 

"She's tall, pretty, and smart." Taeyeon rephrased Sooyoung's words earlier. "And what am I? A loser with a very boring personality. Your cousin won't like me." She said, a tired frown appearing on her face before slamming it against the counter. "No one ever will." She muttered.

Sooyoung frowned as well. She only wanted to make things better for this midget. And besides, she can't have Taeyeon barging in every night and end up getting wasted again. 

Taeyeon felt a hand rest on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Sooyoung looking at her with a gentle smile. "Cheer up Taeyeon-shi, don't say such things. My cousin is not the type to look at the outward appearance, the inward appearance is what matters to her."

The shorter girl seemed to have a sparkle of hope in her eyes as she pouted her lips and asked, "Really? Do you really suppose she'd like me?"

"Of course!" Sooyoung exclaimed with a huge smile. "You're obviously a great girl!"

"Nice try shikshin." Taeyeon said with a grin, noticing how forced the taller girl's smile was. "But anyways, when could I ever meet her?"

Sooyoung smiled cheekily as she took out her phone and began dialing a number. "Don't worry about that. I'll be the one to handle everything and set you two up."

---

"So, what is this about?"

Tiffany sat herself on a wooden bench. She was at their school's courtyard, her class just ended and she came here in order to meet someone. And that certain someone turns out to be the gorgeous blondie sitting right next to her on that bench. There was a large gap between them and it was obvious how awkward they still are after their previous fight a few days ago.

"Jess, if you're not going to say something then I better go." Tiffany was about to get up, feeling all impatient from waiting for the older girl's reason to meet with her. But just as she did, a hand gripped onto her wrist. 

"Wait." Came out Jessica's timid voice. "Don't leave yet."

Tiffany sat back down, folding her arms over her chest. Jessica on the other hand was having a lot of things in her mind. But she managed to speak out what was exactly in her mind at the moment. "First of all, I want to apologize. I'm sorry for the way I acted last time. It was childish and immature I know. I hope you'd forgive me."

The black haired girl slowly turned around, stealing a glimpse of the seriously apologetic look on the blonde's face. Soon enough Tiffany smiled, taking Jessica's hand in hers.

"I'm sorry too Jessi. I was childish and immature as well. We should've never fought in the first place." Tiffany stated.

Jessica chuckled softly. "Yea, it was stupid."

They looked at each other for a moment before pulling each other into one light hug. They were still bestfriends after all. 

"But wait, what is it that you wanted to talk about Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked once the both of them pulled away from their friendly embrace. Jessica lowered her head as her eyes drifted downwards to her lap. She fumbled with her hands and look on her face shows pure curiousity and a little anxiety.

"You and Taeyeon..Are you the two of you dating?" 

Tiffany blinked her eyes twice upon hearing such a question. 

I wish. "N-No. We're not. Why do you ask?" 

"Are you planning to tell her your feelings then?" 

"Why are you asking those things?"

"Because I will." Jessica's words had caught Tiffany off guard. Her brown chocolate eyes landed questioningly at the blonde's, the both of them sharing an intense eye contact. 

"What do you mean about that?" Tiffany didn't like where Jessica was going. 

Jessica mustered enough courage to bring out the words from . "I'm still going after her Tiffany. I like Taeyeon." Her face was dead serious and it gave Tiffany the feeling that their battle isn't going to be over yet. 

It was just about to begin.

"Well I do too." Tiffany blurted out with the exact same confidence. "I like her too. Maybe we're not together yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't take long for that to happen."

"Tiff, you know we can't like the same girl."

"Well what can I do? My heart chose her!"

"Well so did mine!"

"Just back off Jessi!" Tiffany said coldly, totally forgetting about their little reconciliation not too long ago. 

"No, you back off Tiffany!" 

Tiffany got up from the bench, her hands balling into fists. They glared at each other in a way as though they wanted to rip each others' faces off at the same time. But for a short moment, something flashed across Jessica's eyes. She recalled the two of them hugging and apologizing to each other just a few seconds ago, yet right now they're already right at each other's throats. 

Tiffany felt her eyes soften as Jessica's own softened at her.

"I'm sorry." Jessica muttered, looking away. "I-I didn't mean to say that."

Tiffany felt her heart twist. "M-Me too. I didn't know what came over me. It's just that when you said you're going after Taeyeon, anger sudden boiled up inside of me. I wasn't able to control my emotions."

"You really like her huh?" Jessica mused, looking everywhere except at Tiffany.

"You too." Tiffany responded with a little chuckle.

Jessica got up from the bench, standing right in front of the younger girl. She placed both of her hands on Tiffany's shoulders and gave the younger girl a gentle smile. "Let's settle this in a nice way." 

Tiffany lifted an eyebrow. "How?"

The blonde placed a finger at her chin as she paced back and forth in front of the younger girl while trying to think of a way. She then gasped once an idea popped into her brain. "How about a contest then?"

"What?" Tiffany went confused.

"A contest. We don't have to involve our friendship around here. All we have to do is to come up with our own ways to you know, seduce or make Taeyeon fall for either of us. There are no rules. All we have to do is to make her ours. Then.."

"Then..?" Tiffany asked, anticipation and eagerness rising in the tone of her voice.

"..Whoever she falls for wins." Jessica ended with a smirk.

Tiffany hesitated for a moment. But if she won't agree, then she'll come out looking like a coward. And besides, no matter how tight her friendship is with Jessica, she just can't let this blonde take Taeyeon away from her. No matter what it costs, Tiffany is willing to fight for the girl in her heart.

Jessica thought this was a brilliant plan. Maybe this wouldn't put her and Tiffany's friendship at stake. All they had to do was to outsmart each other in grasping Taeyeon's heart. But Jessica is determined to win. Taeyeon is the first girl she ever had feelings for, and there is no way she's going to lose over her fellow American friend.

"Deal?" Jessica extended out her hand.

"Deal." Tiffany smirked as well as she grabbed the blonde's hand and gave it a firm shake.

---

"This calls for a celebration."

Taeyeon seemed to be the happiest girl in the world. Finally she found someone to have a blind date with, and it was going to be her first! She was thankful to Sooyoung to death, and she even owed the said shikshin a one week treat to every singe 'eat-all-you-can' restaurant around their neighborhood.

Taeyeon went home with a satisfied heart, opening her door to her room only to see her brother eating up his girlfriend right on her bed.

"HOLY SHI--YAH KIM JIWOONG! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!" She could only cover her eyes with her hands with pure disgust. "HAVING IN YOUR BEDROOM WITH ME TRYING TO BEAR HEARING YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S IS ALREADY A HEAVY TORTURE FOR ME! NOW YOU MADE IT WORSE! YOU BETTER NOT HAVE STAINED MY DOOKONGS OR ELSE I'LL ING CUT YOUR HEAD OFF!"

The tall, broad-shouldered guy who had the face identical to Taeyeon's, quickly got off the bed and dragged his hot and bothered girlfriend with him. He faced Taeyeon at the doorway and threw an 'apologetic' smirk.

"Sorry about that. Mom wanted to clean my room so there was no other place for me and my girlfriend to hang out. You don't mind right?" He asked, twinkling his puppy eyes at her.

Taeyeon took a deep breath and tried so hard not to punch the guy at the face. She just closed her eyes and sighed. "Leave. Just leave until I can manage to control myself from poking your eyeballs out."

Her brother did as he was told and started dragging his half- girlfriend into his room. Taeyeon rolled her eyes, her blood still boiling at the sight of her messy bed which looked like it just got passed by a tornado.

Taeyeon heaved out another sigh as she sat on her desk. Even though her brother stressed her to death, she still managed to smile a little after remembering that she has an upcoming date next week. She can't let anything get her depressed now.

I should stay positive.

She then grabbed her phone from her pocket and started sending a message to two of the most important people in her life.

[Fr: Taeyeon--To: Jessica and Tiffany: Hey. Just wanted to ask if you wanted to come with me to an outing at a beach resort within this week.]

Taeyeon nearly jumped when her phone suddenly vibrated twice, it didn't even take her a second to receive a reply.

[Jessica: I'd love to! ^^ but what for?]

[Tiffany: OMG that's great Taetae! Finally we can hang out together. But why?]

[Taeyeon: No apparent reason. So, are you game?]

[Jessica: MOST CERTAINLY. You know I'm game with anything, especially when it has got something to do with you. ;)]

[Tiffany: YES! We'll finally have our alone time!]

[Taeyeon: Good to know then. I'll see you two days from now. Get ready to pack your stuff. :))]

Taeyeon smiled in satisfaction as she threw her phone somewhere around the room. She placed her hands behind her head and relaxed on her seat. She always wanted to go somewhere with her two bestfriends, but she never had the time and the mood. But now that she's happy and she's got a reason to celebrate, Taeyeon took this chance.

 

But in the end, Tiffany and Jessica had simply no idea that Taeyeon invited the BOTH of them on this outing. 

 

 

---

A/N: Annyeong readers! I've updated just for you! :)) Although this chapter may be a bit boring for you, I hope the next one won't cause it's going to be about TAENYSIC'S TRIP TO THE BEACH. HEHE I have some plans on the upcoming events that will take over. Brace yourselves for JeTi's mischievousness and Taeyeon's obliviousness. ^^

KAMSAHANMIDA TO YOU GUYS! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT AND THE LOVE THAT I RECEIVE! I get all blushy and all whenever I read your comments which are giving me encouragements and praises. :))) <3 Thank you.

Oh and about Taeyeon's bro here. It's just random. LOL My mind is screwed up today 'cause I just finished doing some exercising with my dongsaeng. Oh yes I am trying to get fit and healthy. HAHA

Anyways, byebye for now. ;) Tune in for the next chappie!