chapter five

The Deepest Secret
Krystal’s slender fingers were frozen as well as the rest of her body. The endless rain began to pour from the
dark sky, and the thunder glaring angrily from above that’s make her frightened.

“I am here. Do not be scared.” A soothing, calming voice heard from behind, as a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist and the long fingers intertwined with hers in a protective manner. Soon, she felt cold no more. She feels safe.

“Kris, I should not be here to begin with. I should be home.” A faint of whispers uttered from her lips as Krystal rest her head against Kris’s chest. Krystal closed her eyes as a loud sound of thunder makes her heart jump in the most uncomfortable way.

“This is home.” He stated and kissed the top of her head when his nose nuzzled in her hair and taking the strawberry scents of her hair as much as he pleased.

“No, Kris…” Krystal shook her head and turned around; her eyes fixed on his sadly, “This is wrong. I should not let you to take me here. Whatever happened for me, even it is the worst, I should not… I should not be here. I am a married woman.” She looks down on the floor when the guilty wavering in her heart and the stinging pain stabbed on her chest.

“No more arguments, Soojung. You had told me for million times about that.” Kris lifts her chin up gently and planted a light, chaste kiss on her lips. “But I cannot stay still when he treats you like a piece of trash. I do not mean to say if I deserved you or I am treating you better than what he did to you. I just hate seeing you like what I earlier saw. I cannot stand it anymore.” Kris shook his head and tightens the hug on her waist as he slowly pressed her face on his chest. “You can go home later, but please, for now… Stay here. I won’t let you go if you still had sadness inside you. At least, I want you to show him if what’s he did to you won’t affect you.” He said ever so sincerely.

‘Why are you so nice to me? Do not do this, Kris. I might fall in love with you more.’ Krystal pathetically screams inside her heart, nevertheless no words came out from . She just gazed into his eyes longingly, with a hint of guiltiness and regret.

“You must be thirsty, Soojung.” Kris broke the wall of silence between them. With a light squeeze in her hands, Kris brought her closer and led her to sit on the couch, “I will make a hot tea for you. Wait here…” Kris smiles softly and left a peck on her forehead.

 

“Kris…” Krystal called out his name softly.

“Hmm?” Kris hummed, as his fingers busy playing with the soft locks of her hair and his other hand wrapped around her shoulders. In the whole night, they were cuddled in bed—no , just an innocence and comfort cuddle.

“What are we now if I was not agreeing to marry him? Does the future will changed?” She asks, makes Kris turned his gaze toward her.

“Why are you asking that?” Kris asks back. He slides his hands down and holds her hands gently.

“I do not know,” Krystal sighed deeply and she chewed her bottom lip anxiously. “I just want to know, what we are in the past, in the present… And in the future.”

Kris smiles sadly and wrapped his arms around her; easily he lifts her up and makes her lay on top of him. “If you never married him, I am sure you have become my wife now. We would spend time together as much as we want. I will hold your hands and hugs you where ever we go. I will steal a kiss or more from you.” Kris smiles by the imagination, and when he felt Krystal’s fingers drew a random circle in his chest, the smiles grew wider.

“… Every morning, I will woke up and sneak to the kitchen to found you cooking a breakfast for us. I will hug you from behind. And after I go back from work, I will see you waiting for me in the door.” Kris’s left hands caressed her cheek, as he leaned in for a sweet and loving kiss.

“And I know you will become the mom of my child.” Kris chuckled softly by the though and lay her back in the soft mattress, “… In the next few years, you will come to me and says, ‘Honey, look at here.’ I saw what you held in your hands. It’s says you are pregnant.” Kris sighed happily and his hands automatically rest on top of Krystal’s stomach, “Once more, I will become the happiest guy in the world. I will say hi to our baby like this,” Kris gave soft in Krystal’s stomach before replaced it with his lips. He kissed her stomach ever so lightly and softly.

Krystal, on the other hand, had her eyes wide opened in shock. Is it pure coincidence that Kris mentioned about her being pregnant?

Krystal looked down, and her eyes landed on Kris who was lays his head on her stomach with a smile plastered on his face as if he was imagining if everything he was said earlier was not an imagination at all.

“K-kris…” Krystal holds back her tears. Should she tell him about the truth?

“Yes, my love?” Without opened his eyes, Kris planted a soft kiss once more at Krystal’s stomach. Even though the clothes she was wearing become a barrier for the contact, as soon as his lips pressed against it, the butterflies inside her stomach dancing gracefully.

“…. N-nothing,” Krystal shakes her head and biting her lips. She cannot tell him now.

 

 

Meanwhile, in Kai's house, Kai was walking back and forth anxiously. As soon as he arrived at home, he cannot found his wife anywhere.

“Are you just saying she was not here since last night?!” Kai yelled at the maid angrily, his chest rose up and

down all  along the anger he had.

“Y-yes, Mr. Kim.” The maid hanged her head lowly with the fear build inside her. She is in the big trouble.