Chapter three

The Deepest Secret

kris's  pov.

I am so glad when Chanyeol called me this morning. He invited me to his house for a dinner. It is not a bad idea because I rarely meet him either.  I came a bit late unexpectedly, thanks to the traffic jam. As soon as I arrived at his house, Chanyeol welcomed me with his infamous silly grin and a light punch in my arms, “Dude! Where have you been? You missed lots of important events! You do not even come to my engagement party,” He said after closing the door and his maid takes my coat.

“I am sorry, I do not mean to. I went to Canada to meet my parents. Something happened with my mom and it has been quite a horrible time for me.” I explained and look around the living room. In the phone earlier, Chanyeol told me if some friends of him and his fiancée, Sulli, might come tonight. Deep inside my heart, I pleaded to the God if Krystal would be there too. I want to meet her and I want to have her in my arms again.

She is the only girl I loved and adored in my life. With her brilliant vision of the world, she never scared to point out something. She looks strong outside, but in the inside, she is like a snowflake for me; I want to protect her. And hurt she is the least thing I want to do to her.

I am still remember the last time we met. I was insane to come at her house whereas her husband was there too. I do not think much that time, because my heart was aching for her, with my insanity, I longing to be with her even though she’s someone else’s wife now. I am going crazy, I know. And it is because of her, because of my love for her.

“Kris?” With a light tap on my shoulders, I turned my head and saw Chanyeol was staring at me with his large eyes, “What’s wrong?” He asks me with a questionable look.

“Nothing, I just remember something.” I shrugged my shoulders and followed him somewhere. Probably to the dining room where everyone was gathered.

A huge laughter filled in the dining room and all the food fill in the table when I and Chanyeol come. I met with some of my friends and Kai, the guy who stole her from me. I clenched my fist and my eyes burned in anger when I caught the glimpse of movement from his hand under the dining table. His hands were caressing Jiyeon’s thighs. I look at him in disgust when he continued chatting with Baekhyun as his hands disappeared inside her skirt, and that girl, instead of protested, she parted her legs for him and bit her lips.

I want to run at him and killed him in front of everyone. I want to show to Krystal if the guy like him never deserved someone like her, she deserved someone who much better than her husband. She deserved it. But I hold myself still. I do not want to ruin everything in one go.  I try to be patience for her sake.

I glared at him and made my way to the empty chair in front of him; even though he was clueless by my presence and my oblivious anger.

Some of them greeted me nicely when most of the rest ignored me as if I was nothing. I do not blame them anyway. Who am I joined their little group? I, Wu Yi Fan, only a poor guy who cannot even buy a house. I am just an engineer who earns some money in this foreign land, Korea and I should leave my family in Canada for paying my sisters’ school fees. When most of them in this room are coming from the rich family, I just nothing compared to them, and I do not even care about that.

My eyes bulged out and I cannot contain my feel anymore when I heard the small footsteps near the dining room. I lift my head and my eyes following her steps. She looks so stunning as always. Without any effort and with her simply clothes, she managed to looks like the most beautiful girl for me. Two months ago, the last time we met, I remembered she still had her long hair but now she seems cut it right below her shoulders. Nevertheless, she did not lose her charm. A smile on my face turn into a frown as I realized she looks skinnier, and her face looks pale. Was she even sick?

“Hai…” I greeted her softly, my eyes stares at hers with a hint of sadness, longing and love I had in my heart. God how I want to embraced her now. I want to show them if I love her, and I want to show her how much I missed her. But I cannot—not now.

“H-hai…” She stammered and looks back at me, she too stares at me with the same sadness, as if she was scared of something, she takes a glance to her husband sometimes. Please, cannot you look at me only?

Nothing much happened during dinner time. We just chatted about few stuffs and Chanyeol give us their wedding invitations.

I am so happy for him. Finally, he could marry his fiancée. They look so happy and Chanyeol without any shame show affection toward Sulli in front of the guests. I envy him for that.

“The dinner is nice, Sulli-shii.” I told Sulli with a thin smile on my face after the other guests already leave Chanyeol’s house.

“Thank you, Kris-shii.” She smiles shyly and placed down all the dirty dishes in the sink, before her eyes met mine, “But to be honest, you got a wrong person. You should thanking Krystal because she made most of the meals. I cannot cook that well as you can see,” She played with her fingers and look down on the ground as if she was a little kid who was being punished. “So I need a magic touch to my cook and Krystal being my savior tonight,” She giggled by herself and washed her hands afterwards.

“Oh, really? Maybe I should really meet her and say thanks personally,” I said to her, with the unknowing smile on my face.

“Yes, yes! You should!” Sulli laughed softly and take a glance at the small window beside the kitchen, “Kris, can I excuse myself now? I need to give these snacks to the boys.” A sighed escaped from her lips and her hands now hold the tray of food, “Looks like Chanyeol will ignored me.” Sulli says sadly as her eyes keep staring at Chanyeol who busy talking with the other guys in the living room.

“He won’t ignore you.” I ruffled her hair and smile reassuringly at her before made my way to the back door.

“Do not you want to join them, Kris?” Sulli asks me with a puzzled expression.

“Later, I guess. I want take a walk in the garden,” I replied at her and smiles before close the door behind and made my way to the garden.

My eyes were searching for the only girl, Krystal. With the anxious steps, I walked around the garden and finally I found her, sitting alone under the tree, her eyes gazing up to the sky.

I stepped closer to her and my eyes never leave hers. Hearing my footsteps, Krystal looked up and gasped when she saw me coming closer. “K-kris?” Her eyes widened in fear as she turned her head and stares in horror at Chanyeol’s house. I know what she was thinking and what’s makes her scared. Her husband.

“They won’t found us here.” I say in a matter of fact, sitting right in front of her and took her in my arms gently and drew her close to me, “I’ve missed you, Soojung.” I whispered in her ears and inhaled her scents that always intoxicated me. This moment seems perfect to me, with her in my arms under the moonlight.

“Kris… Please just go. Leave me alone,” She try to push me away and a tears rolled down in her cheeks. She avoided my eyes and chooses to look on the ground; her soft sobs now become audible in my ears.

“Soojung,” My heart sinking and all the worlds around me broke into pieces as I see her crying. “Why are you crying?” My hands reached her face, and my thumbs wiped the tears from her cheeks before I placed my fingers under her chin, makes her looking back at me with these sad eyes.

She did not say a word and only shakes her head. Her body was shaking and she cries uncontrollably before me. I cannot bear it anymore. I pulled her into a tight hug and rest my chin above her head. I let her cries in my chest.

“Why you are so cruel to me, Kris? Why cannot you just leave me alone?” She hits my chest weakly, “Why you make me like this?” Her sobbing muffled as her face pressed against my chest.

“I am sorry…” That’s all I managed to say. I cannot found the answer, because I cannot control my heart. I hate being selfish like this, and I hate being the reason for her tears. “I am sorry…” I repeated the words, tighten my hug as my hands her hair tenderly—and before I realized, my cheeks are wet with my own tears.


 

`author's note,

I managed to update, finally. Thanks for all the support and for you who want to see myungstal's moments, myungsoo will make an appearance later-- but not too soon. tell me more about your thought of this chapter by dropping some comments. it would be lovely