Day 6

Love in 30 Days

Day 6

------

Him

 

The sound of clattering pots and pans welcomed me as I made my way towards the kitchen. I thought about making Dara another breakfast, but it seems like someone had beaten me to it. And as I made it to my location there I found her frustrated. 

As she felt my presence, she looked up and a cute frown on her face welcomed me. 

"Good Morning," I happily uttered.

"Morning," she looked at me first then at her mess. The pout on her pink lips remained which I found so adorable on her.

"What's wrong?" I walked slowly towards her. And once I got closer, I noticed how her cheeks were tainted with a faint powder of flour.

"I...ummmm..." Dara stuttered before biting those precious lips of hers that I have felt and tasted before. "I tried making us breakfast, but..." She looked at me sadly. "It didn't go so well."

I smiled realizing what she had said. The word us sounded so good like it was meant for us to be said. And just having her think about me, made a huge impact in my morning. 

"What were you trying to make?" I asked as I made my way next to her.

"Ummm pancakes," she pushed the bowl away from me embarrassed with how it turned out. "And eggs..."

"Good combination," I said smiling.

"Yea, it would be IF I know how to  cook it," Dara had let out a faint sigh.

"You don't know how to cook?" I asked which was dumb of me to ask. I mean she wouldn't be sad like this huh?

"No," she shook her head. "We had cooks to do that. Now I wish I can cook."

Wish? I knew it was the best time to fulfill her wish, and maybe it'll give me a few handsome points. That's right, I'll use this opportunity.

"You can," I moved to gather new ingredients. "All you need is someone teach you."

"But halmoni is gone for the week," Dara whispered.

"Then what is my purpose here?" I teased which made her blush. "Come on! Let's get started."

"Wait... but..." I didn't let her speak more as I continue to gather fresh ingredients.

She watched every move I made from measuring the flour to breaking the eggs. Dara would give this facial expression which I find amusing whenever she find it so cool of me like when it comes to breaking the eggs and stuff. Even her faint amuse sound made me happy.

"Come here," I called and she just looked at me puzzled at first. "I'll teach you how to make a perfect batter for pancakes."

"Oh," she murmured. She slowly walked towards me and gently I pushed the bowl towards her. She grabbed the wooden spoon and started to mix it. I smiled how cautious she was and how sometimes she would look at me feeling a wee bit conscious. "Is this right?" I heard her whisper.

I looked at how she mixed, and smiled.

"Here," I went behind Dara which made her jump a bit. "Sorry," I whispered. "It's like this," I held her hand with the spoon and guided her on how to mix it. Her once stiff body loosened as we continue to mix the batter. "Now let's take these eggs," I didn't dare break our connection as I used my other hand to grab the other bowl.

And just like the pancake batter, we did the same for the now scrambled egg.

"Ummm is it good now?" I heard her ask and I realized what she meant by it.

I let out a faint laugh and had let go of her and at that moment  I felt cold and lonely.

"Yes," I heard myself whisper. "Oh that's right!"

Feeling shy all of sudden, I scrambled towards the cabinet and looked for pan where to cook the pancakes. And her soft giggle brought me back after scrambling for nothing.

"Umm Jiyong," I turned and looked at her. "I have the pan here." I bit my lips before smiling widely seeing her wave the pan in front of me. And closing the cabinet stupidly I pretended I got everything under control. "Then we shall start cooking!"

-

I looked at her while my fork was halfway filled with pancake piece. The look on her face was so cute as she wait for me to eat it. And teasing her, I slowly placed the pancake piece in my mouth and started chewing with my so called poker face when really I wanted to smile at her.

I took a moment savoring the pancake we made which I told her, it was her creation. She had added the rest of the ingredients she wanted and I just let her be.

"How is it?" Dara bit her lips as she continue to watch me chew on the pancake. I grimaced at first and then frowned which she returned the same. "Is it that bad?"

I continued my act doing the same actions I was doing earlier. And seeing her worried, I had let out a grin on my face which shocked her at first.

"It's very good!" I complimented her.

"No way!" she chuckled. "You're lying!"

"No, I'm not!" I smiled widely. "I'm telling the truth it's good! Have a taste!"

"If you're lying I will..." Dara paused trying to think of something. "I will... ummm make you cook until halmoni comes back!"

"It'll be an honor for me!" I said which she shook her head on. "Go on and try it. I'm Kwon Jiyong and I say the truth, nothing but the truth! Mark my word on it Dara!"

"Okay," Dara slowly sliced a piece and looked at the pancake first. Then gracefully, she raised her fork high looking at it first until it hit her pink lips. Then she gradually opened taking in the piece of pancake in . Her eyes, connected through mine as she started to chew on it. 

Then slowly a smile crept on her lips and her chews became more noticeable. 

"It's good huh?" I asked and not able to speak she just nodded continuously. "See! You have it in you."

"What...hmmm...ever," she covered her full mouth as she laughed. "It was a team work!" 

"Oh come on!" I exclaimed. "You did most of it!"

"Whatever!" Dara continued to eat which made me happy knowing she's happy and eating. The mere sight like this is something I want to see every morning, noon, and night. Enjoying meals together like this and perhaps with kids in the future.

Call me crazy, for thinking like that, but I can't help it. With Dara, she makes me look forward to the life I want in the future. Its as if, I'm ready to settle down and be the man I really want to be. 

And that's to be,

Dara's husband.

"So," Dara softly spoke breaking my sudden train of thoughts. "Aside from being a good photographer, a good cook and traveling, what else do you like to do?"

"Hmmm..." I took my mug of coffee and sipped it as I think about my other hobbies and such. Dara looked at me excited and that made me feel happy. "Aside from my profession, I also like to draw. I sketch just about anything and somewhat paint. I'm not good at that though, but I still do it. Anything artsy I do."

"Oh," she nodded. "So what brought you here?"

"Hmm," I was once again put in a thought thinking about my real visit here. I wanted to say seek for what's missing in my life which I have found already, but I didn't want to scare her. Hell, I know I'd scare her off, if I said that.

No matter how confident I am with that thought, I know it's not something she'll believe in. After all, Dara had only met me and our acquaitances had only been about six days. "I wanted to find myself. Long story short, I wasn't the man I was back in the city."

"Is that so?" Dara asked and I just nodded.

"How about you?" this time I asked her. "What brought you here?"

"Hmm," I watched her as she think carefully. "I...I've always wanted to come to a place like this. I haven't traveled much hence this is the farthest I've gone. And I guess, I wanted to try to explore a place all by myself."

"Reasonable enough," I uttered. 

"Is it?" she giggled and that made me smile. The sound of her soft giggle sure makes my heart flutter ten times. "I guess it is."

"Oh it is," I smiled at her. "You see, in this world there are so many things to see and experience. And just about everyone wants to experience traveling and finding something new. Or I call rediscovering something on my own."

"I envy you," she uttered lowly.

"Why? You've probably traveled as much as I did," I murmured. And slowly her smile fell which made me worry. "I'm sorry."

"No," she shook her head and flashed a smile. "Don't be, it's not that I haven't traveled. I just..."

"Strict parents?" I guessed.

"Hmm, you can say that," Dara faintly smiled. "But that doesn't mean I didn't travel. I guess, the places I've been isn't something I find new. But I have traveled before."

"Good!" I decided to let the topic go. 

"So what shall we do today?" I asked hoping to get the sudden dry air out.

"Umm aren't you busy?" she asked me.

"No," I answered if not fast, but surely right away. "I was hoping we can go downtown again."

"For?" Dara curiously looked at me.

"There was this old man, I met halfway through the other way," I explained. "And he had this old style dark room where you can develop films. He asked me if I want to check it out and use it. Do you want to join me?"

"Really?" her face lit up. "Wow! I've always been fascinated with things like that. Sure!"

"Okay! Cool!" I tried not to get all hyped up. "Is the motorcycle okay with you again?"

"Anything!" Dara beamed me a huge smile this time. 

"Well, then I guess we can get ready!" I suggested making her nod again.

--

Her

 

I have never been in an actual dark room before. Sure, I've seen it on films and such, but now that I am able to step into one, I felt so excited. The coolness and darkness of the room with that distinct red lights sure made the dark room experience real. Of course it's real since I am here after all.

"You like what you see?" I turned and found Jiyong setting his stuff down.

"Yes!" I smiled. "But wait, isn't your camera digital?"

"Yes and no," Jiyong answered which made me confuse. "But I also have this which was from my previous trip and this baby right here is your pictures too."

"Now why is my picture in films?" I asked. "I thought you used the digital one."

"You see Dara," he slowly walked to where I was which made me a bit nervous. It always happens when he would come close to me, like my heart would erratically beat on its own. "You were busy admiring the place, you didn't see me pull this camera out."

He showed me an old style camera which I found so unique and cute. And curiousity filled my head wondering how all this work. I have been interested in art, but I admit I'm not a very good artist myself.

"So how do all these work?" I asked eager to see the pictures he had capture. "Do you happen to have a dark room in your place?"

"Oh I do," he laughed. "It's necessary for most photographers, UNLESS you only focus on digital. Now come let me show, how it goes."

I eagerly followed him on the first process. Jiyong expertly took the film and somehow he was able to get rid of the spine of the film leaving the exact film in the stainless steel canister. He then moved to the huge sink where chemicals after chemicals were located. Jiyong continued the process leaving me in awe how expertly he do every move. [a/n: I took photography class back in high school and barely remember the process. Photographers who knows what I'm talking about I'm sorry lol. So excuse my lack of knowledge on this process hehehe]

"Now we'll wait," he uttered.

After a couple of hours, Jiyong and I went back to the dark room. He took the stainless steel canister taking out the chemicals putting another until he was just in the rinsing process with water. And once he was done, he ran a paper towel to it drying it. At that moment I can't help but feel amaze how well Jiyong do the process easily. 

"Look here," Jiyong pulled me near the red lights. "You see it?"

I looked exactly where Jiyong was pointing and can't help but smile seeing the outcome of the film. And this increased my admiration for Jiyong.

Jiyong had then cut them in certain lenght and pulled me to the next process. Along the way he would explain the things he was doing which I took interest in.

"This is it!" Jiyong grinned making me feel really excited. I watched him carefully process the film and such. Once the last process happened I got really happy seeing the photo paper starting to have colors.

"Oh my god Jiyong!" I can't help but utter quite loudly and surprise seeing the first developed film. It was me in the beach looking ahead probably at the shore's horizon or something. My hair, you can see it freely move at that moment as it float softly not too far from my face from the breeze. "It's..."

"It's beautiful," I heard him whisper next to me completing my sentence. I then looked to my side and saw him eyeing me with those gentle orbs. My excited heart started to beat frantically liking the way Jiyong was looking at me. "Capturing your beauty in photos is easy Dara, but capturing your heart..."

"Hmmm?" I was able to utter a sound.

"Capturing your heart is worth waiting for," Jiyong stepped forward and there our distance were cut short. I could feel his warm breath just near my lips which made me anticipate to whatever will happen next. "I like you Dara," his free hand was on my cheek caressing it tenderly. "And I will do just about everything for you to feel that."

"Jiyong," I called his name.

For all I know his soft lips were on top of mine. His other hand, slowly crept around my waist pulling me closer to his body. While his other hand that was on my cheek had held my chin steady as our kiss progresses.

Jiyong's lips moved slow and softly on mine savoring every space and corner of it. My once helpless hands had moved as I wrap my arms around his waist.

For all I know, we were both deep in our kiss forgetting the world around us. The fear I had before had slowly diminish focusing on what my heart wanted to feel.

The sudden cough brought me back to my senses making me pull myself off of Jiyong.

"I'm very sorry," we both turned and found ahjussi standing not too far from us.

"It's okay ahjussi," Jiyong nodded. I was glad the room was a bit dark after all my cheeks are for sure red as an apple.

"I was just going to check how it's going here," the old man kept talking. "I see everything is fine here."

"We're almost done and we'll be gone in no time," he explained.

"Don't be in hurry," ahjussi laughed. "Take your time. I barely use this place anyway I just thought of you the other day. So take your time Jiyong."

"Thanks ahjussi!" Jiyong smiled making me do the same.

Once the old man was gone, the silence in the room had become obvious. I tried thinking of something to say, but nothing would come out.

"Are you okay?" I heard him ask and I can't help but just nod. "Shall we finish this and grab lunch?"

"Sure," I looked at him for a few second and took my attention back on the awaiting photos that needed to be developed.

But somehow in the back of my mind, the kiss continued to linger. The way I would pursed my lips together would remind me of the softness and feel of Jiyong's lips. Then his words continued to echo in my head making me feel the sudden warm feeling in my heart which I have never felt before.

-

Once we were done with the pictures, Jiyong and I decided to go to one of the restaurant that ahjussi had told us to try. The old man was indeed right since the place looked heavenly from the outside and the inside.

Jiyong and I both agreed on eating outside after all the weather was nice and all.

"So," Jiyong pulled the pictures he had developed out of his backpack and spread them on the side of the table. "What do you think of these?"

I roamed my eyes all over the laid pictures on the table and felt overwhelmed how pretty these black and white photos had become. And same goes for the colored pictures he had developed near by. The places he had traveled to looked marvelous making me feel as if I had been there too.

"They're beautiful Jiyong," I softly murmured. "I mean the way you captured these, makes me feel like I know what it really feels like to be there."

"Which one do you like the most?" he asked making me look carefully again. And there I found a colored photo this time, it was on the field of greens. I sure felt the height of it allowing me to know that it was in a valley or something. The greenery looked so refreshing and the sunlight was inviting.

"This one," I grabbed that particular picture and admired it.

"Nice choice!" Jiyong muttered happily. "It's actually just around here."

"Really?" I looked at him excitedly. "As in here?"

"Yes Dara," he laughed softly making me smile. "Before I arrived here I went hiking, and found this place."

"Wow!" I uttered looking at the photo once again. Somehow I felt calm and at peace whenever I look at this photo.

"It's nice there," he went on. "The breeze, birds and just the plain greens are wonderful. It's an amazing feeling when you just go there and take your time to take it all in. If you feel something just by looking at that picture, what more can it bring if you're there itself?"

"Right," I nodded eagerly. "How about you?"

"How about me? What do you mean?" he asked confused.

"Which photo do you like?" I asked. Then I watched him look at every photo. His fingers, would brush on each picture he had taken. My heart skipped as his index finger stopped on a picture of me.

Jiyong then slowly and gently grabbed it taking a good look at it at first. Then his bright smile crept making me smile as well.

"This one," Jiyong looked deeply into my eyes. He then turned the picture allowing me to see it. It was a picture of me, looking at him with a huge smile.

"Why?" I asked looking back into his eyes.

"Because..." Jiyong brushed the picture with his fingers again. "You looked happy, carefree and beautiful. I mean you are beautiful each and every day. But in this picture, your smile is so contagious. I can see it in your eyes how happy you are. And how free you are from the rest of the world."

"Jiyong," I whispered his name.

"You're beauty Dara," he went on making me anticipate whatever he was going to say next. "Is not just ordinary, it is one of a kind, something you won't find any where else. But I'm glad I found it myself."

What do I say after that? That is all I can think of. I tried ignoring the persistent beating of my heart hearing him talk like that. And I ignored that warm feeling I can feel through his eyes as if he has entered inside me.

Jiyong made me feel something I am scared of and that is feeling secured to be with him.

Like we are meant to be...

Which I am slowly wanting it to happen.

But deep down, the thought I try to bury deep continue to dig its way up reminding me that love is an impossible thing for me to have.

Something I can never have.

"I..." I didn't know what to exactly say after what he had said.

On time, the waitress came with our order and I didn't ever realized that I've kept my breath in for awhile as I let out a faint sigh. But the eyes that had melted me for a moment were still looking at me.

"Eat a lot okay?" Jiyong uttered softly making me nod.

-

Him

 

As much as I didn't want our day to end, I couldn't. I wanted to spend more time with her even though I know there will be another day to look forward to.

"Jiyong," she called making me look at her clueless.

"Hmmm?" I said with my mind still on that thought.

"Your phone," Dara bit her lips trying not to smile.

I suddenly snapped out from my earlier thoughts and quickly fished my phone out of my pocket.

Dara nodded as I asked for approval to answer it.

"I'll be in the kitchen," she mouthed making me nod.

"Hello," I answered.

"Jiyong, it's halmoni!" the old lady exclaimed.

"Oh halmoni," I watched Dara move around the kitchen placing the groceries we got earlier. "Is everything alright?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Halmoni laughed on the other line. "How's Dara?"

"She's alright. What about me halmoni?" I teased making her laugh some more.

"Aigoo," she sighed. "I know you'll be fine Jiyong. I'm more concerned for Dara."

"Why?" I suddenly got curious.

"Well she's a girl and I don't trust you," I knew halmoni was joking.

"Ey!" I laughed. "She's alright halmoni. But really what's the call for?"

"This young man!" she spat making me smile again. "I was just letting you both know I'll be gone for for another week, so the resthouse is all yours. I'm sorry I can't assist you both."

"It's alright halmoni don't worry about it," I smiled seeing Dara looking over the pictures again. Her eyes would glow whenever she sees something she'd like.

"Jiyong, please remind Dara what she and I have talked about," she went on and this made me curious.

"And that is?" I asked.

"Its a woman thing," Halmoni laughed making me shake my head. "So please Jiyong remind Dara for me."

"I will," I whispered. "Take care halmoni and we'll take good care of your resthouse."

"Thank you Jiyong for taking good care of Dara," she lastly said before hanging up.

After the call, I followed where Dara went. She looked up and curiousity filled her eyes.

"It was halmoni," I said and the crease on her forehead eased.

"Is everything okay?" Dara asked.

"Yea," I sat on the bar stool looking over the things she had bought back in the town. "She just said she'll be gone for another week. And something about the reminder to you."

"Oh," Dara seemed surprised with what I said. "Did she say more about the reminder?"

"She mentioned it as a girl thing," I looked at her and tried to read her eyes, but nothing would come out. "Which I won't bother asking about."

"Ahhh..." she lowly muttered.

"So what are these for?" I asked noticing strings, wooden clothes pin and tapes that she got from the craft store.

"I thought about decorating my room with the pictures you took," Dara shyly whispered which made me smile. "I... I thought it'll be nice decoration and all."

"Oh, it is," I can't help but smile. "Need help?"

"Umm..." Dara bit her lips again which would trigger that part of me of wanting to kiss her again. "I guess it won't hurt to have another hand."

"Oh it won't!" I happily uttered.

An hour passed and we both stood not too far from the wall we had decorated in Dara's room. Our eyes werer locked on the pictures I took which I can't help but feel proud of.

"It's beautiful," Dara murmured. "I mean how you captured it all it's beautiful."

"Thank you," I said turning my head to look at her. I found her staring at her newly decorated wall with that soft, glistening eyes of hers.

"But there's one thing missing," I quickly pulled a picture out of my bag. I walked slowly towards her wall with another clothes pin on my other hand. And gently I pinned it in the middle along with the rest of the pictures she had chosen.

"Ji," I heard her call my name.

"There," I walked backed and stood next to her. "Now it's complete. Perfect and beautiful as it is!"

"Thank you," Dara looked at me which I did the same.

"You're welcome," I smiled making her smile as well. At that moment I felt how happy she is right now.

It is definitely something I want to continue doing for Dara everday.

Because...

I, Kwon Jiyong had fallen in love with...

The girl next to me named...

Sandara Park.

---------------------

Author's Note:

Slow progress but we're getting there! 24 more chapters or days to go! hahaha Thank you all for your patience even if the progress is a bit slow. I'm currently trying to revive my soul in writing. I'm lacking the motivation right now that's why my updates are really slow. ^^ Work and past jury duty had taken toll of my energy. I tell you. -___-;; But I'm trying my best to revive it.

But anyway I hope you like this one! This chapter particularly focuses on developing feelings for her. How love can make Dara forget about her fear. You all know what her fear is right?

So what will happen for their tomorrow? Hmmm.. each day is something new and all that Jiyong wanted to do is make Dara happy.

Thank you for reading! See you all in the next day! ^_^/

Love,

SeungsKa! (^3^)