Perfect In Between-Part 4

Perfect In Between

 It took you at least two minutes to realise what had just happened. Why the heck were you standing there on your own?

   You looked with your eyes fro the boys and you spotted Kwangyeon dancing with a girl, probably older than him. He seemed to be having fun, but- for some reason- you were feeling worried, so you had to interrupt. Closing up, you touched his shoulder and said, in a cute way: "Oppa!". He turned surprised and the girl- with an annoyed expression- left without saying a word.

    "Stacey! I was having fun over here! You never, ever, call me oppa! Why did you have to do it now?" he whined.

    "Sorry chingu, but Hanbyul just disappeared".

     "Mueos?"

   You felt uncomfortable to tell him in detail the conversation between you and Hanbyul, but you assured him that you didn't fight at all. When you informed the others, Youngjun tried to call him, but he wouldn't answer.

    "OK, if I'm not killing him tonight, he'll be very lucky! Where's he? I'm worried!" he almost shouted.

    "Let's search him in the club; he might be in the bathroom or at those couches on the other side" Kyumin suggested and headed to the bathroom with Youngjun, while you and Kwangyeon to the couches; but the rsult was actually nothing.

    You called him again, but no one answered.

   "What happened? I hope he's OK..." Kwangyeon said and hugged you, seeming about to cry.

    "We'll find him, Kwangyeonnie. He might be at home. Let's call the others that we're going home".

      Both of you were almost running in the brightly-lit streets; Kyumin and Youngjun would look around the neighbourhood with the car. The air was freezing cold and was making the tears on your face hair-raising. You stopped for a moment; you were feeling tired and your high-heels were hurting your feet.

   "C'mon Stace, I'll carry you" Kwangyeon said and knelt in front of you.

    "No way, Yeonnie. Move on".

     Walking seemed endless until you finally entered the building. You got rid of your shoes as soon as you rushed on the stairs. Your feet were swollen and were killing you. But when Kwangyeon unlocked the door of their appartment, disappointment  filled your heart; no one else was at home, neither seemed to have passed from there.

   "He's not here!" Kwangyeon cried desperately and capped his face with his palms.

    "C'mon dear, don't panic" you managed to say, before Kwangyeon disappeared in his room.

     "Where are you Hanbyul??"

     You sent a text message to the others that you didn't find him and opened the window at the kitchen. It was soothing for your anxiety to look at the city lights. You wished Hyoseok was with you; nothing would have happened because you'd be dancing only with him. But, no, was that the actual problem??

   A light breeze blew your hair backwards and brought a murmuring-like sound to your ears.

   Hey, wait a minute~ There was a place you hadn't looked: the terrace of the buildng.

  You got out, without warning Kwangyeon, and rushed to the terrace. Reaching there, you sighed in relief; you heard Hanbyul's voice singing and saw him sitting on a chair, without wearing his coat, being hit by the freezing breeze, with an empty soju bottle by his side. He was singing, obviously drunk, his favourite Bruno Mars, "Talking to The Moon":

     " Talking to the moon, try to get to you,

      in hopes you're on the other side,

      talking to me too, or am I a fool,

      who sits alone, talking to the moon"

      "Han...Hanbyul... What are you doing here? We died from anxiety!" you said, feeling your voice cracking.

      He turned with a surprised expression and tried to get up.

      "Stace... I was trying to..."

      You approached him and capped his forehead.

    " Good job Jace! You have a fever! C'mon, don't stay here any longer" you pulled his hand and tried to support him to walk.

     "Aniyo, don't be good to me! Please, don't be good to me..." he said and you realised- to your shock- that he was crying.

     "Hanbyul, what is wrong? We're friends, how can I not be good to you?"

      "Please, don't make me love you... Because I must not love you!" he cried and looked at you with his sad eyes.

       "What... what do you mean?"

       "I love you, Stace"

         He just made a weak step forward and kissed you. His lips were burning- probably because of the fever- and you could feel his salty tears. Your heart pounded like crazy but your instict worked again and you pushed him back, your turn to cry.

      "What the heck are you doing?? I'm with Hyoseok! Of course you must not love me!!"

      "I know, I know" he murmured desperately and clumsily walked back.

       You knew why you were acting crazily and why you had been panicking; you liked him, too, more than you should.

      You regretted talking so roughly.

      "Look, Hanbyul, I'm sorry. In any other situation, I'd love to be with you, but I can't do that to Hyoseok; I love him"

        Your phone rang; what an irony! It was him...

      "Anyeong babe... I'm fine, can I call you back later? No, I'm not crying... I'll call you"

      You looked at Hanbyul pitifully; he was still crying quite hard, even worse after Hyoseok's call. Kneeling next to him, you caressed his head.

     "Please Jace, don't cry... I can't stand it! What can I do to stop it?"

    He lifted his head and a shy smile appeared on his lips.

    "Kiss me again."

    "Aish, I told you I can't..." You stopped your phrase; C'mon Stace, it was just a kiss! Do that favour, to a suffering- thanks to you, actually- friend!

   "Aigoo, OK, I hope we're not paying for that later on..." you said and dragged him from his collar to stand up.

    He fell in your hug and rest his head on your shoulder, tieing his hands around your waist. You drew your breath and held his head in your hands, bringing him closer to your face.

   His lips, soft and burning, touched yours for one more time tonight. You felt something like electricity tickling whole of your body and you were sure that he was feeling your heart beating crazily against his chest.

   Your breath had become heavier when your lips separated and Hanbyul fell heavy again in your arms.

   "Jace, stop that now. Let's go downstairs... Jace!" you pleaded but he wouldn't move.

   "Ah, Hnabyul..." you murmured and hugged him tightly.

   You felt like crying again; he had been doing all these crazy things, so that you would stop being nice... So that he would stop liking you. But the trouble had already started and you both ended up trapped in a situation much more than awkward.

    The door was heard opening and the faces of  the three boys appeared.

    "Aaaaah, he's here! Thank God!" Youngjun shouted and lifted his hands to the sky.

    They all ran to hug him.

    "What happened?" Kyumin asked, noticing that Hanbyul was almost unconcious.

    "He got drunk..." you simply answered and tried to dry your eyes.

    "Let's get him to his bed, he seems sick."

     They all helped him downstairs, while you prepared his bed. When he finally rest there, you brought some compresses and covered his burning forehead with it. Once you did that, you got up to wear PJs. A weak murmuring was heard.

   "Stace... Stace.."

    Your eyes blurr, you kissed his cheek.

   "I'm here, dear... I'm right here."