Chances

All You Need is a Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the last three years Jaekyung had been insisting on me that I should visit Seoul and how much effort and alibis I had to tell her that I can't, I finally decided to visit my homeland. If it weren't because my parents insisted me to go back, I would never pack my things up.

I searched for Jaekyung among the crowd and I easily caught a glimpse of her brown hair. She squeaked when she saw me and rushed towards me. I almost knocked down because of her sudden hug. "Gosh! I miss you, don't you know that?" She said.

"Of course, I do." I grinned at her. "Wow, you've turned into a goddess in just a matter of three years!"

She laughed but then her laugh faded when she eyed me. "Wait, where's your bag?"

"Huh?" I cocked my head. "Oh, I've brought this sling bag. You know? Travel light?"

Jaekyung pressed her lips together. "You mean you'll be staying here for days only." She sounded upset so I hugged her.

"Jaekyung-ah..." I tickled her on the waist. "But I'll make sure this would be the best visit. I'm yours for the rest of the days. Forgive me now, please? I love you so much...""

Jaekyung nibbled her lower lip. I know she's about to give in. "Fine!" She rolled her eyes. I giggled and that made her smiled. "You should be thankful I'm the nicest best friend you have."

I beamed. "Thank you!" I kissed her on the cheek. "I love you, best friend."

"Aw, I love you more!" She squeaked.

We went first to her apartment because she wanted me to stay in her apartment, not in a hotel. After that, we drove to the mall and shopped to death. We ate ice cream like we were still kids. After strolling in the mall, we decided to go to Han River to take time to appreciate the nature. It was stupid, of course. We've been living here in Seoul almost have of our lives and yet we've just decided to appreciate the beauty of it.

"So, how have you been doing in L.A?" Jaekyung asked me all of a sudden after a moment of silence. We were sitting at the hood of her car facing the bridge. Any moment by now, the sun would set and we both waited for the colorful waters to sprout.

"Hmm, fine. I'm doing fine. I've meet new friends." I responded.

"You've dated someone?"

I looked at her, and a smile started to form on my lips. "No. I haven't met someone incredible."

Jaekyung chuckled. "Don't tell me you still—"

"I haven't moved on with Sungjae." I admitted.

"R-Really?" She looked at me with her eyes wide as ever.

"Yeah." I smiled at her. "But I'm fine, really."

A honk behind us made us flinched. When I looked back, I saw Jaekyung's boyfriend that I made a face at her. So much for having a bestfriend-moments-only policy.

"Okay, I'll talk to him." She said. "I'll shove him out. Promise." She eased out and went to her boyfriend's car. I left alone heaving a deep sigh. I suddenly felt the cold wind blowing and thought I should have wore thicker clothes. It was a certain memory had come back. I remembered that night Sungjae had let me borrowed his jacket. And it was the same night I saw him kissed Jihyun under the starry sky.

A lump formed in my throat. I know I shouldn't think about him but I just I can't.

I looked back at Jaekyung and saw she was still talking to her boyfriend. I sighed and decided to take a walk. The sky were now a combination of red and pink like the sun would set in a matter of minutes.

It's been three years since the last time I was here, and still it feels

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter