Chapter 2

~ Parkour Love ~

 

I wake up as the plane lands. My head is kind of hurting and my neck is sore. I quietly yawn and stretch.

I leave the plane and spot a black limo parked near. It has my dad’s company logo on it, so I figure it must’ve been waiting for me. I make my way to it and I am greeted by our butler, “Welcome home young master. It’s good to have you back.” I politely nod and thank him. He takes my stuff and opens the door for me. I get in and he closes the door behind me, my parents are seated on the opposite side and my mom is smiling brightly. “Welcome home son. How was your trip?” she speaks. Only then I realize how much I actually missed her, she’s always been a good mom, very caring and loving, despite the fact she’s been hurt by my dad multiple times. She is a strong woman. “Thank you mom, my flight was good. I’m happy to be home.” I say and look at dad. He smiles slightly, I can sense a little bit of guilt in it. “How was America?” he asks, I shrug my shoulder slightly. “It was okay.” he nods and then there is silence.

We arrive home and the doors open. I step out and wait for my mom and dad. We enter our house or shall I say mansion together. The maids are bowing at us as we walk in. It’s around 6pm now and it’s dinner time. We get seated at the big table we usually used it only for bigger events. We start eating our food and my dad offers me a glass of fine red wine. I accept the offer, I didn’t want to be rude and I know how much sharing a bottle of wine means to my father. We toast to my comeback and continue our dinner, we chat a little bit and they are mostly asking me questions like, “How was school?” “Did you meet anyone?” “Did you study well?”. And my answers are always suiting, although sometimes not hundred percent true. And at the end of the day my parents seem satisfied with my work. I’m a fast learner which means school was never a problem to me, getting good grades wasn’t difficult either. The evening is getting to its end and I politely excuse myself from the table. I am really tired and jetlagged. I need to get some rest. I’m moving in my new dorm tomorrow, since I am attending a different college.

~

“Minsoo, are you ready?” my dad asks me and I nod and take my phone. We leave our house and get in the limo. The ride is pretty quiet, some questions here and there but for the most parts, my dad is on his iPad, probably doing something for his work and I am just staring outside the window. The scenery is nice, but I’m kind of missing the beach already. I know that in reality I didn’t hate LA, I just hated the reason I had to be there. Think back, I really liked the city, the nice weather, the beach, nice open parks. It was nice. My family lives a little bit out of center, and I like it. I prefer the peace anyways. But now I am moving into a dorm, and I’m probably getting a roommate. I just hope we will get along well. I will be attending this college and majoring in business. After I get my degree I am going to work with or rather I say for my father. This path was made for me a long time ago, and I accepted it. I want to make my parents proud, so I am going to obey their wish.

The limo stops in front of a big building and the doors open. My dad steps out and I follow him close behind. We make our way to the principal’s office, where my dad shakes hands with the principal. They seem to know each other. He tells us to sit down and speaks a couple of words with my father. I just sit there, politely listening to the conversation and nodding my head from time to time. Finally it’s time for my dad to leave, the principal thanks us for visiting him and wishes me a good school year. I thank him and then we leave. “Well I’ll be going now son. You go check in your dorm and settle in. We will talk tomorrow. Have a nice day.” I nod and bow. “Thank you dad, for coming with me today. Have a good day at work.” He nods and walks away. I walk to the front desk of our dorm and ask for my room number. The lady tells me the number and also that my stuff are already in the room. Of course the butlers took care of it. I thank her and then make my way to my room. Luckily I don’t have to share my room with anyone. It’s nice and big, there is a built-in closet and a king size bed. I know the other rooms probably don’t look like this, but that’s the benefit of being a part of filthy family.

Like my dad said I am settled in and I decide to go take a look around the campus. Although there is not much to see, couple of cafes, lecture halls, library, dorms and a park. The park seems nice, there are some weird abstract structures on the sides. And that makes it a perfect spot to move. I’m getting pretty excited about my college life. It maybe isn’t going to be that bad after all.    

~

Days pass by and I am doing well. I have couple of classes in the morning and some in the afternoon. After my last class I usually go for a run in the park, since it’s dark and no one is really there to judge me. Now that I’m back I often think about him, I really hope I will meet him one day again.

It’s 5.30 pm and my last lecture just ended. It’s dark outside already, and kind of chilly too. I make my way to my room and change my clothes. I take my iPod and walk to out. Usually I would start running right away but there are still some students coming home, so I don’t want to make a scene. You ask why am I avoiding people to see me? Well it’s because parkour is not really welcomed on the campus. People see it as vandalism. But it’s not. I don’t want to damage anything, I don’t want to damage property, I don’t want to damage nature, I just want to experience it.   

I finally reach the spot where no more people are around and I start running in slow tempo. The cold air hits my body and makes me shiver from excitement and also it’s a little cold. I feel my body falling into ecstasy that is now become more of a routine. Breath in, breath out. I slow down my breathing and with that my heart rate. I think of my next move and take it. It’s a mind process and my body moves in sync with it. I climb the wall and run further. I look up, the sky is clear and the stars are visible. I smile and adrenalin runs through my veins. I look down from the sky and in that moment I see someone sitting right in front of me. My reflex takes over my body and I jump of right before I would hit him. I try to land nicely but somehow I hit the ground in a weird angle and a horrible pain spreads from my ankle and up my whole leg. I fall into a judo roll and growl from pain. The person that was sitting on the wall quickly jumps off and kneels beside me. “Are you okay? Oh my god, I totally didn’t see you? Did you hurt yourself?” he speaks, but wait a minute I know that voice. It’s so familiar. I look at him and although it is dark outside I recognize him right away. “Wait, Minsoo is that you?” the guy asks. I nod my head, “Yes it’s me. Nice to see you Daniel,” I try to smile but fail, due the pain is killing me. “Omg! You idiot! What were you doing up there? You could’ve hurt yourself!” he yells at me with a upset voice. Youp, that is definitely my Niel. “Umm… actually I think I sprained my ankle.” I say and check it. “What? Does it hurt? What can I do?” he is freaking out. “I see you didn’t change much.” I say, more to myself than to him and for that I earn a playful slap on the arm. “Okay first of all calm down.” he closes his eyes and calms himself down. “Now can you help me get up?” he nods and carefully holds me under my arm. I stand up and lean onto him. He smells good, oh I really shouldn’t think of that right now. “Wow you’re heavy.” He exclaims. “It’s muscles okay.” I say and roll my eyes. He chuckles and covers his mouth. I slowly try to step on my other leg but I almost fall again. He quickly wraps his arm around my waist and put my other arm around his shoulder, supporting me completely now. “I don’t think you can walk by yourself. Let me take you home, what’s your dorm number?” he asks and looks up at me. Oh those eyes and those lips, I just want to kiss him so bad right now. “Amm… building A1, west hall, number 21.” He nods and then we slowly start walking.

It took us forever to get back to my dorm and we were both kind of exhausted. On the way here we chatted about life and I kind of told him about my little secret. He seemed really interested in it so I told him, I will tell him more when we reach our dorm. “So will you tell me more now?” he asks as he sits down on my bed beside me. I put an ice pack on my ankle and lean back on the wall. I slowly start explaining him, and his eyes are completely glued on me. “So how do you know what move to do next?” he asks. “Well you can plan out your route, you can plan out what move you’re going to do next but when you’re actually doing it you feel at peace with yourself. When you’re doing it, you feel at one with everything, you don’t feel like you’re you doing parkour, you’re just a part of what surrounds you.” He seems overwhelmed with my words. “But what about injuries and risks?” he asks further. “If you do it properly you’re not taking risks, you’re eliminating them.” I explain. “I see. But what about fear, aren’t you afraid when you try something new or dangerous?” I nod, “I am. Fear is your body telling you; hey there’s a risk so be aware of me, be aware of the risk, be aware of the consequences if you’re not doing something correctly. And that’s it your body is just a friendly reminder not to be reckless. Fear is good, it’s necessary. Every big move starts small. When you know that you’re ready, you feel it and you visualize from start to finish how this is going to happen. There’s always fear but when you get over it, the feeling is indescribable.” He nods his head and looks down and then looks back at me, this time directly in the eyes, “so why do you do it?” I smile and think for a second. Describing feelings can be hard sometimes. “It gives me a whole another feeling, I feel alive, I feel more real and I feel in touch with the moment.” My voice is now, low, silent and honest. He stares at me with so much respect and enthusiasm my heart starts beating faster and my body is full of butterflies. He is so beautiful. He thinks for a second and then pursed his lips, “It sounds really interesting, maybe I should try it.” My eyes light up, “then let me teach you.” I say really quietly almost whisper. He looks at me and smiles widely. I really missed that smile. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

So this is the 2nd chapter... yeah i changed the story alot! but i honestly like it better this way. 

I'm just not that good with oneshots. 

Comment & Up Vote & Subscribe. 

~ Love, Nisha <3