Chapter 1

~ Parkour Love ~

 

Name? Bang Minsoo. Age? 21. I currently live in Los Angeles, yes the city of angles. It seems like a good place to be, but I hate it. This concrete jungle has been driving me nuts for years but I discovered a new passion here. Some people call it freerunning some people call it parkour, I call it art of movement. It’s overcoming obstacles, it’s a mindset. It’s more than running around, jumping over walls or doing backflips off the cliff. It’s passion, spirit, motivation, inspiration. The moment my foot meets the ground, the world disappears.

So back to the start, you wonder how all this began? Well let me tell you.

It all started 2 years ago. I was a normal senior student at Seoul highschool. My dad owns a big company and my mom is an artist or rather I say painter. Her paintings are selling all over the world and the company my dad holds has come to almost every market around the world, Korea, China, Japan, Australia, Europe, America… so on and so on. Having a rich family is not always that great. Good reputation is very important and necessary - at least that’s what my parents think. So you can probably imagine what happened when they found out my little secret. And what was the secret you ask? Well I feel in love with a guy. Yes, a guy. I don’t really know how it happened, because as far as I knew I was straight, but there was something in his eyes, his hair, his full lips, his small body, his amazing smile that filled my stomach with butterflies. His name was Ahn Daniel and he was 2 years younger than me. It all started as friends, simple as that, and eventually our feelings started growing bigger. First I was afraid of them, it felt so right but wrong at the same time and I just couldn’t face the reality, because I knew what would happen. Exactly what did happen. When my parents found us kissing and hugging each other in our house they freaked out and immediately sent me abroad. Telling me I need to pull myself together, telling me to stop being a shame to our family. I didn’t even have the chance to say goodbye to him.

   ~                                                                                                  

And now here I am, two years later, still in LA. When I first got here I hated this place with all my heart. I hated every bit of it, the people, the buildings, the beach, the lights, everything! I spent most of the time in my apartment, away from reality, and to be honest the loneliness wasn’t even that bad, the memories was what was killing me inside. Till this day I can still clearly remember his smile, I can smell his lavender soap, I can feel his soft lips on mine. My family might think I changed, but I didn’t, I still love him. After a year or so I decided I need a change, I needed to get out of here and go around the town. I got lost a couple of times, since the only way I really knew was to my college and home, so this little adventure was really interesting. I came across these guys who were doing stunts on the beach, it looked really cool and I saw the look in their eyes. They were happy, excited and full of life. It kind of attracted me and after I came home I did a little research on it and as I learned more about it the more I wanted to try it. So I did, it started of horribly, I was bruised and hurt all the time. But when I got the basics down everything became much easier, I started to enjoy myself trying new stuff. And before I knew it I was running for miles, overcoming obstacles on the way – climbing the walls, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, backflipping every inch of the park. And the feeling is amazing, I feel in control, I feel free, I feel like I can get over anything.

How do I know? It’s what I’m experiencing right now.

Breathe in, hold, jump, land, breathe out. I slow down and take a deep breath. The sun is setting already. I sit on the edge of the rooftop. My heart is beating fast, my breathing is fast and little drops of sweat are sitting on my forehead. I look around, the view from up here is breathtaking. I see people walking, shopping, eating, laughing and I see couples holding hands. The memories come creeping in my mind and I hold my breath for a while. Is he happy? ... Did he found someone else? ... Does he miss me like I miss him? ... Did he forget me? … I shake my head and lean back on my hands. The instant image of his smiling face while his hands are wrapped around my waist is replaying in my head and I cannot get it out. The sun is set now and it’s time for me to go home and pack. I’m leaving this town in less than 12 hours, I feel happy and sad at the same time. Yeah let’s just say I have mixed feelings about it. It take one last look around and try to memorize everything. Then I swing my legs and jump off, I land on my feet and run. The wind is hitting my face and I speed up, I get shivers all over me from adrenaline running through my body. I finally reach the park and I jump over a ramp, some people are staring at me, some are pointing fingers, but I don’t care, in this moment I feel careless. Just a few more turns and I will be home, I take the opportunity and jump over a moving car. The car starts honking but I only smile, the rush of adrenaline is very addicting and you also can get high from it, and I’m not joking. I climb up the metal staircase and swing right through the window of my apartment. A deep growl-ish kind of laugh comes out of my throat as I jump on my bed. I am all sweaty and dirty but I don’t care since I’m leaving anyways. I calm down a bit and get off the bed, I open the door to the bathroom and turn on the lights. I pull the muscle shirt off and kick off my shoes. I look in the mirror, the amount of muscles I gained is ridiculous. I must say I am pretty good looking, any girl would go head over heels for me, too bad I’m not into them. I laugh at my stupid thoughts and turn on the shower. I pull my shorts and boxer down and step in the shower. The hot steamy water relaxes my muscles and I lean back on the cold wall. The time passes by and I almost fall asleep standing up. It happens every time, after I calm down my body falls into ecstasy of peace. I turn off the water and dry myself with a towel. I wrap it around my waist and pick up the clothes that are scattered all over the floor. I return to my room and put on a fresh pair of boxers, I throw the towel over the chair and grab my black leather bag. I start putting in my clothes from the wardrobe. I put on some music and nod my head in rhythm, it takes me around 2 hours to completely pack my stuff. My flight is at 6 in the morning and it is 10 pm now. I should probably get some rest since I have to wake up an hour before my flight. I double check everything and then crawl in my bed. I am very tired and I slowly fall in deep sleep.

My phone starts buzzing near my head I stretch my hand to reach it. I stop the alarm and type in my password, I have a text from my mom saying they will come pick me up at the airport. Honestly I’d rather see they wouldn’t, I still didn’t forgive them for what they did to me, but I will act like I did because I don’t want to cause any more drama. I kick of the covers and swing my legs over the bed, I have one hour until my flight and I know I have to hurry up because of the traffic. Oh yes, let me tell you, the traffic in this city is absolutely horrible, that’s why I prefer parkour, it gets me to places faster. I pull up my jeans lazily and put on a black tank top, if I would want to annoy the crap out of my dad I would probably wear my leather skinny pants, but we don’t want that, do we?! I’m so mean sometimes, I shake my head from my childish thoughts and go brush my teeth. After I brush my teeth well, I put on a chrome hearts necklace – my favorite by the way – and a simple black fitted cap. I put the phone in my pocket and grab my stuff. Finally I leave, I call a taxi and get it. It drives me to LAX and helps me with my luggage, I pay him and then walk in. I have 15 min. till my flight, youp I came just in time. I pick up my ticket and of course my dad had to book me a seat in 1.class.  I walk to the gates and get through without a problem, well of course I do it’s not like I’m wearing a gun on me or something. I pick up my carryon and proceed to the Starbucks that’s just around the corner. I order my usual and pay. I still have some time but I decide to board anyways. I show my ticket and then go on the plane. I go to the 1.class and take my seat, unlucky for me I am seated near a girl that keeps checking me out and trying to flirt with me. I take a sip of my coffee and close my eyes, I hear someone standing up. I peek with one eye and see the girl walking towards me, I quickly grab my phone from my pocket and pretend someone is calling me. “Hey baby… Yes, I’m on the plane right now… I miss you too…see you soon… love you…” I said that a bit louder so she could hear it and leave me alone, and guess what it did work. She sits back down and pouts a little. I roll my eyes and take another sip of my coffee, the plane finally takes off and I put on some music to distract me from the long flight.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong! 

I decided to expand this story in more chapters... i wasn't really happy with the ending and i think the story will develop better if i don't rush things. So yeah this is not a oneshot anymore i guess.. but it's going to be a shorter FF! 

Comment & Up Vote & Subscribe

~ Love, Nisha <3