My Graduation

I Do Not Like You!

Jaejoong's POV

 

I am so _______ happy! Today I feel soooooooo happy! I graduated as valedictorian and my classmates, school officials, umma and appa and other parents support me! Our graduation is inside a big cinema! God, I was so nervous! When we went up to the stage to get my award, I was trembling... I know later that time I will be addressing my valedictory address! This how it went on:

 

"To our Distinguished Guest speaker_________, our honorable and respected President Dr_________________, our beloved school administrator __________, our enthusiastic assistant school administrator _________________, our energetic and supportive Principal Mrs________________ ,our very understanding and hardworking teachers, supportive and proud parents and guardians, lovely and handsome guests,  to my fellow nervous and excited graduates, ladies and gentlemen, what a successful and momentous afternoon to each one of us.

Dear fellow graduates, thank you for this opportunity to talk in your behalf, These days have passed by much too quickly, it’s almost impossible to believe that we will be in High School the next time we step into a classroom. When we first came to this school, we were skeptical. All of us had been pulled out of our comfort zones and pushed into a completely new environment, with new rules, new teachers, and new peers.  But as the days went on, we adapted , we learned and we grew.  As what the Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu said, “a long journey starts with a small step”. It is the time for us to harvest the fruits of what we had planted during the time we spent in school. We sacrificed watching our favourite anime shows, koreanovelas, (to this part, I felt relieve because my classmates including my dear Yunho cheered) teledramas, we heavy hearts, we skipped playing our favourite video games for us to focus and study well during our mind blowing exam days. The failure to update our status in the facebook because we are so cramped in our projects and assignments. We experienced the exhaustion, the muscle aches and pains everytime there is a field demo competition/or programs because of the seemed endless practice because we really wanted to give a good fight to win. (Umma and Appa is smiling)

(I felt confident to this part) This afternoon is our commencement day.  Commencement what does it mean? It means a beginning or start.  This closes a chapter of our elementary/ intermediate life and begins another chapter of our high school or secondary life ahead of us. We are about to begin a new educational journey in high school and so we reflect on the journey we have had through elementary school. The change is inevitable, what is not inevitable is how we choose to handle it. When we will be confronted with decisions about which way to turn, we can reflect upon the lessons that we have learned, and the experiences that we have shared over these past years, and they will guide us in the right direction. Some of us will be transferring to another places, to another school, but I am so confident that the core values of an ICSian gradute which are Faith, integrity, service and hope would be forever be our inculcated in hearts and minds.

Fellow graduates, I ask you to listen to yourselves, to push as far as you can. I ask you all to go on a journey, try your best, even if you don’t get to be on top, it doesn’t matter. Unless you gave your all, you gave your best and let God do the rest. (Here, I saw Yunniebear wave his hand to me with a big smile plastered to his face, and I also bid)

As I end my speech, I request my fellow graduates to please rise, please stand….let us face towards the direction of our parents/ guardians….Let us give them a very big round of applause…… thank you very much for your undying love and support. We are so much aware of the financial issues that you hurdled just for us to be enrolled in this prestigious school, the physical and intellectual exhaustion you experienced and yet, you still took time to check up on us if there are assignments, projects…thank you for that and we really love you.

And last but not the least, again let us stand and face towards the direction of our teachers. Let us give them a round of applause as well….Sirs and maams , words cannot express what you have done for our class. We are so fortunate to have been taught by you. You were there for all of us, each and every day, passing on your wisdom and knowledge. You have treated all of us with such compassion and understanding and shown us clearly your dedication as a teacher. You have prepared us not only for high school but for the rest of our lives. Thank you very much and you will always be remembered and loved.

And now we go forward, with our solid educational foundation that this school has equipped us and with cherished memories from our friends and classmates, we will step boldly into the future. We are ready, and we will be successful.  Thank You and God bless us all. (Then they all cheered, most of the parents, the teachers and school officials and my fellow graduates)

 

As I went back to sit, he said his famous line to me... washata (hello for him). He smiled brightly which made my heart melt. And later, he said, no, he shouted washa! in a loud voice, Umma and Appa hearing this and our teacher scolding him XD hay Yunnie.. you are so cute when sulking!

 

And I had fun with my Umma and Appa eating and shopping my fave stuff toys, because I gave almost all my stuff toys to out nannies' babies. Now I had my children:

 

 

Seabil the seahorse

JJ the little bear

YunJae the medium bear

Washa the dog

and Jiji-ah the Hello Kitty stuff toy ^^

 

All is going on my way! Yunho, we will meet again in summer! I wish I can get your heart back!