One

Bus

 

Taemin’s routine life everyday is pretty simple. He goes to school and he gets back home. On weekends he attends dance classes and he occasionally goes out for movies. The thing about Taemin is that he with routes. It doesn’t matter how matter times anyone shows him how to get home, he just can’t remember and ends up getting lost. Despite already being sixteen and attending school for so many years, he still doesn’t know the way back home. He’ll end up like Hansel and Gretel being left in the forest. In order to solve this issue, he rides a school bus everyday and his parents pay the driver to pick him up in case he has extra classes, detention, ect.

However, one day

“Taemin. Our bus broke down on the way here.” Key came walking to the bus stop. Key is one of the few people that rides his almost empty bus. The only sole reason is because Key says he’ll get all sweaty if he walks home like any normal person. Motorbikes messes up with his hair and his parents took away his driver’s licence because his car ended up in swimming pool after a party.

“Who told you that?”

“The driver obviously. He just called me.” Key said.

“How are we going to get home?” Taemin tried to hide the panic in his eyes. He could get a cab or something but he didn’t bring along that much cash. And home, well he doesn’t really know how far is his house from school but he’s sure its pretty far to walk.

 

 

“Kibummie.” the guy head over heels with Key called him. Taemin knows Key likes the slightly short yet chiselled boy too. He just wouldn’t admit to it. Key likes to play hard to get and the boy named Jonghyun liked chasing.

“What?” Key glared at the boy who was sitting on his motorcycle next to the bus stop.

“Need a ride?” he offered with a huge grin.

“What makes you think I’m going to ride that piece of junk with you?” Key scoffed.

“Because you like me so much your heart can’t take it. And there’s that thing with your bus breaking down.”

“How do you know my bus broke down?” Key eyed the boy.

“You talk too loud and you know how I love to listen to you.”

“I can’t leave Taemin here.” Knowing fully well the boy can’t get home without getting lost.

 

“Hey Minho.” Jonghyun called out Minho who was starting the engine of his bike next to Jonghyun.

“Yeah?” He started to on his helmet.

“Can you take Taemin home?” Taemin’s heart started to pump really fast. How could he not? Almost everyone in the school is crazy over Minho. Even the new substitute teacher almost got fired for cheating a test for Minho.Everyone dreamed of getting on the bike with Minho and letting him take you everywhere, anywhere. Its not like anyone has ever rode the beastly machine with him before. The only person who’s ever gotten a ride with Minho on the bike was no one. His motorcycle is off limits. Which is why Taemin is shocked why Jonghyun would even ask Minho. Didn’t he already know the answer. However

“Sure.” was what the hot brunette answered. Taemin shyly sat on the back of the bike while Key smirked at him. Knowing fully well that Taemin had a crush on the boy. Key knew Taemin had always liked quiet, reserved , tall hot guys. And Minho fitted the bill. The only person he talks to in school is Jonghyun. He rarely talks and when he does, everyone stares and listens because of the huskiness, deepness and authority the voice held.  

“Kibummie, you know you have to hold me tight or else you’ll fall off the bike.” Jonghyun teased Key when Key refused to hold on to him. Taemin thought Key would hit the boy or say something harsh but quite on the contrary

“I’ll only hold on to you because I don’t want to die.” And Key blushed when he hugged the boy from the back.

“Just admit it. You like me don’t you my Kibummie?”

Minho already started the bike and moved.

Taemin held his shoulder slightly, liking how the helmet Minho gave him somehow seemed to fit. Like Minho bought it specially for him which is impossible given that the only contact those two ever made was when Taemin tripped in the halls and Minho helped him up without saying a word. Like always.

But after about 7 minutes  and 34 seconds on the bike (Taemin counted because every second counts with Minho) , Minho stopped in front of a grocery store.

“I need to buy things.” Minho said and Taemin followed him into the grocery store.

 

Minho took a basket and started to walk in aisles and Taemin can’t believe he is on grocery shopping with the Choi Minho who always seemed so distant from everybody. The boy everyone watched from a far in awe and wished to touch. Like a rainbow.

“What are you buying?” Taemin asked. He couldn’t help it. He wanted to hear the boy’s voice which was a rarity to everyone except his bestfriend Jonghyun who did most of the talking.

“Things.” Minho answered. Taking a bottle of milk and flour and eggs.

“Are you going to cook for someone?” Taemin asked because Minho even had a list with him filled with ingredients to buy.

“Myself.”

“You live alone?”

“Yes.”

“Where are your parents? I mean why do you live alone?”

“My parents work overseas.” Minho answered . Paying attention to his list. He only needed to get syrup next.

“Are you making pancakes?”

“Yes.”

“You don’t talk much do you?”

“Yes.”

“But why don’t you talk? You have such a nice voic-“ And Taemin stopped talking when he saw Minho buying a purple apron.

“Purple? Really?” Taemin asked. He’s asking a lot today.

“I like purple.” Minho answered.

“But, its so not you.”

“What did you have in mind?” Minho asked. Staring into Taemin’s eyes. And Taemin forgot how to talk. Minho’s eyes were so brown. The globes were so breathtaking. Taemin could almost faint.

After paying, Minho went on with his mission to sent the golden boy back home.

Taemin felt they reached his house to soon. He wanted more time with Minho though he knew was being way too annoying for Minho. He just couldn’t stop talking when Minho was with him. He felt too happy that his lips couldn’t stop making sounds.

He passed back the helmet to Minho when he got down the bike.

He didn’t want to say goodbye just yet but he knew Minho had to go. He didn’t have any reason to stay with Taemin. Its not like they were friends or anything close. Minho just gave him a ride because Jonghyun asked him too.

“Bye.” Minho said to the boy before starting the engine again.

“Bye.” Taemin said, turning around and making a move to walk towards his house. Before realising something and turning back to face Minho at lightning speed.

“Minho.”

“Yes?” Minho turned to look at him.

“I never told you where I lived.”