Chapter 1

TS High

Youngjae stood in front of the school with his luggage. It is pretty obvious that he was nervous. He stared at the big, black gates. Youngjae’s eyes moved up to the sign above the gates that read: TS High.

He sighed as he started to walk towards the black gates which opened automatically. Youngjae thought it was creepy because no one was around but he remembered that the gates probably open automatically.

Youngjae continued to walk around while looking around at his surroundings. He sighed of relief when he saw students hanging out around the quad. Youngjae smiled a bit when he found the office and made his way towards it.

As Youngjae walked pass by the other students, they all stared at him and whispered about him. He ignored them because he was kind of used to this because he always transferred to different schools because his father is a businessman.

Youngjae opened the door and made is way towards the principal’s office. He knocked on the door softly.

“Come in.” The principal said.

Youngjae turned the knob and poked his head in. When he saw the principal, he bowed before shutting the door behind him. The principal looked up when he heard the door shut. He smiled at Youngjae.

“You must be Yoo Youngjae, right?” The principal asked.

“Um…yes, sir.” Youngjae replied.

“How can I help you?” The principal asked.

“I’m here for my schedule, dorm key, and everything else.” Youngjae replied.

“Ah. Sorry about that. Here you go.” The principal handed him a packet and two pairs of uniforms.

“Your dorm is on the West Side and your room number is 902. Your room mate is Byun Baekhyun.” The principal continued as he handed Youngjae a card.

“Thank you.” Youngjae bowed before heading towards the door.

“Wait.” The principal called him.

Youngjae stopped his tracks and turned around to face him.

“Yes?” He asked.

“There is a border line in front of a forest behind our school and don’t dare to cross it.” The principal replied in a warning tone.

“W-Why?” Youngjae stuttered because he was getting scared.

“Just promise me you won’t cross it.” The principal said.

“I-I promise.” Youngjae said.

“Good. You may leave now. If you’re lost on where your classes are then ask Baekhyun. Don’t worry. He won’t bite.” The principal said as he went back to his work.

Youngjae took it as a sign to leave. He bowed before opening the door and leave. After Youngjae shut the door, the principal looked up before sighing.

“If only they would get along.” He sighed again before going back to his work.

Youngjae exited the hallway and grabbed a map on his way out. Once he was outside, there were no students. Youngjae knew they had classes right now. He looked at the map and used it to make his way to where the West Side dorms were.

Youngjae arrived and realized his dorm is on the 20th floor. He sighed before making his way towards the elevator. Youngjae pressed the up-arrow button before waiting until he hears the ‘ding’.

Ding!

Youngjae walked into the elevator before pressing the 20 button and the doors shut. As the elevator lifted him up, Youngjae noticed the elevator is made of glass. He could see the whole school. The view was beautiful to him.

“Wow.” Youngjae mouthed as he stared in awestruck at the scene in front of him.

Ding!

Youngjae came back to reality and stepped out of the elevator. He walked down the hallway until he came across a door with the number 902 on it. Youngjae smiled before taking his card from his pocket and insert it into the lock.

He waited until the light turned green before opening the door. Youngjae poked his head in before entering the room completely and shut the door behind him. He presumed his roommate is in school because it was still 1:37 P.M.

Youngjae looked around the room. He was shocked at how luxurious it was decorated. There was a restroom, kitchen, living room, dining room, two bedrooms, and more. Youngjae opened one of the bedroom doors and saw it was empty.

He presumed it was his room. Youngjae left his luggage in there before opening the other bedroom door. He knew it was Baekhyun’s because there were posters on the walls and the bed was messy.

Youngjae smiled a bit as he look around Baekhyun’s room. He found it weird that there was nothing but eye-liner bottles on his desk. Youngjae saw a bookshelf filled with textbooks, compact discs, picture frames, and other stuffs.

He decided make Baekhyun’s bed for him and so he did. After he was done, he looked up and saw a guy wearing eye-liner standing near the door frame with a bag on one of his shoulders and was staring back at him.

Youngjae only froze at his spot. He thought this boy was a thief but he knew he wasn’t because the boy was wearing a school bag. Youngjae was snapped out of his thoughts when the boy spoke up.

“Who are you?” The boy asked, coldly, as if Youngjae were some criminal.

Youngjae was starting to get scared.

“Uh. Uh. Uh…I’m Yoo Youngjae. I just transferred here and I’m your roommate.” He stuttered.

“What were you doing in my room?” The boy asked, crossing his arms.

“I saw your bed messy so I decided to clean it for you.” Youngjae replied as he pointed at the bed.

The boy’s eyes followed his finger before looking back at him. He started to advance towards Youngjae. Youngjae didn’t know what to do but stood there. He thought the boy was going to hurt him but he was proven wrong when the boy threw his arms around him.

“Omo! You’re so generous! Thank you very much but you didn’t have to do it, Youngjae!” The boy shouted before pulling away from Youngjae but his hands were on Youngjae’s shoulder.

“Sorry for not introducing myself earlier but I am Byun Baekhyun or Bacon.” Baekhyun giggled at his own nickname before clearing his throat.

“Anyway, are you hungry?” Baekhyun asked.

“Uh…well…kind of.” Youngjae admitted as he rubbed his nape.

“Aw~! So adorable! I would love to hug you but I’ll cook you some scrambled eggs first!” Baekhyun exclaimed before skipping out of the room.

He threw off his bag along the way. Youngjae just stood there, dumbfounded. When he realized he was still in Baekhyun’s room, he left and shut the door. Youngjae went to the kitchen and saw Baekhyun cooking.

After Baekhyun was done, he placed the eggs in one plate before setting it on the table. He skipped back to the kitchen and came back with two plates of rice. Baekhyun placed one in front of Youngjae and one in front of himself before sitting down.

“Thank you.” Youngjae smiled before eating.

“You’re welcome.” Baekhyun said with his mouth full.

After the two finished eating, Youngjae washed the dishes. Youngjae came back to the living room and saw Baekhyun sitting on the couch, watching TV. Baekhyun noticed his presence so he whipped his head towards Youngjae and smiled.

Youngjae returned the smile before sitting down on the couch with him. Baekhyun shut off the TV with a remote before facing him.

“Since we’re going to be roommates for a very long time, we might as well get to know each other. Don’t worry. You can tell me your secrets. They’re safe with me.” Baekhyun whispered the last sentence with a smile.

Youngjae already knew he can trust him. Baekhyun’s a friendly person.

“I’ll start. When I was in your room, I saw a bunch of bottles of eye-liners, are they yours?” Youngjae asked.

“Ah, yes. They’re mine. Sorry about that. I really love to wear eye-liner. I’ll never leave the room without putting those on.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Say, which school did you attend before transferring here?” Baekhyun asked.

“Oh. SM High.” Youngjae replied.

“Awesome! I used to attend that school too!” Baekhyun clapped.

“How long have you been here?” Youngjae asked.

“Since last year but the sad part is that I had no roommate so I was pretty much alone.” Baekhyun pouted after he replied.

“Anyway, welcome to TS High!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“Thanks, but are there any important rules that I should know about this school?” Youngjae smiled.

Baekhyun thought about it for a minute.

“Well, most the rules here are the same like other schools but there is one very important rule that you should know.” He replied.

“What is it?” Youngjae asked.

“I believe the principal already told you about this but you’re forbidden to cross the border in front of the forest.” Baekhyun replied.

“Ah, yes. He told me about it. Thinking about it again, why are we forbidden to cross that border?” Youngjae asked.

Baekhyun leaned in a bit.

“That place is very dangerous especially for mortals like us.” He whispered.

“Mortals? Wait a minute. Are you telling me that there are other creatures behind that border?” Youngjae asked, shocked.

Baekhyun pulled back with a nod.

“What?! How?! You mean those other creatures like monsters are real?!” Youngjae shouted.

Baekhyun hushed him as he looked around.

“Watch your volume. Every student doesn’t like to be disturbed.” He said.

“So, they’re real?” Youngjae asked, a bit calm.

“Yes, they are.” Baekhyun nodded.

“Is there anything else you want to know?” Baekhyun asked, changing the subject.

“Um…well…nothing else besides the immortals.” Youngjae replied.

“Right now, just forget it, okay? I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.” Baekhyun sighed.

“Does everyone in this school know about this?” Youngjae asked.

“Yes, they do. They know everything.” Baekhyun replied.

Before Youngjae could ask another question, Baekhyun cut him off.

“Let’s get packing because you have classes to attend tomorrow.” He said as he dragged Youngjae to his room and helped him unpack his stuff.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys like the beginning! Sorry for it being long. 5 pages long to be exact...anyways, bye~!!! ^^