The Stranger

Misplaced in Time

 

 

Hongki stood there, terrified of the man in front of him. He looks familiar but he can’t remember where in hell he saw

this man. He raised his hands in surrender because the sword looks real and at the same time sharp.

“Forgive me, sir,” he swallowed. “But I don’t know what you are talking about.”

The man’s eyebrows knitted together. His dark eyes full of anger, his mouth twisted in scorn.

Wow, he looks like a madman.

The man put his sword down but didn’t sheath it back.

“Can you possibly state to me the name of this place and the reason you brought me here?”

Hongki’s eyes widened. He has no idea what this man is talking about, but he can see he’s crazy. Men like this are dangerous.

“I have no idea what you are saying,” Hongki said, a bit of irritation lacing his voice. He really has no idea as to who this man is and yet the crazy man asked him as to why he brought him here. Hongki would never even dare go near this man and he was even suggesting the idea that he brought him here. He’s totally crazy in Hongki’s opinion.

“You cannot not have any idea as to why you brought me here,” the man looked around. “What is this place?”

“Uh, Korea?” Hongki answered.

“You are fooling me!” the man yelled and draw his sword at Hongki again. “How dare you lie to me, commoner!”

“But I am not lying!” Hongki shouted at the guy angrily.

What’s with this man? Where does he think he is?

Hongki looked around him, hoping someone would see them but there is no one around, unfortunately. This street is deserted that’s why he chose to go this way. He wants to think things up and this crazy man appeared suddenly and pointed his sword at him.

The man seem to see the truth in Hongki’s eyes for he lowered his sword.

“Are you telling the truth?”

“Yes, of course! Why would I lie?”

***

Jong Hun is confused. Where is he? He looked around and found this place unfamiliar. He just woke up lying on the road feeling giddy. He decided to find his way back home when he saw a young man walking towards his direction. He wanted to approach this strangely dressed person to ask him where he is but he heard him speak, he recognized his voice. It was the voice who was calling him when he was writing the letter to his mother. There and then he knew that this man is a wizard. That explains his clothing and appearance. And this wizard brought him here.

So he pointed his sword at him and asked the wizard to return him to where he was supposed to be but the young man just looked at him as if he is losing his mind and said he has no idea who he is.

He lowered his sword and sat on the side of the road.

The man said that this place is Korea but it is not Korea. It can’t be. This place looks very different.

He looked at the man before him. He is still looking at him quizzically.

He’s very young, must be my age.

“How old are you?” he asked, causing Hongki to flinch.

“Twenty,” Hongki replied.

He is young. Maybe he doesn’t know how to control his power yet and accidentally brought him here.

“You, sir, are too young to be a wizard, don’t you think?” Jonghun asked politely, afraid the wizard would turn him into a frog.

Hongki’s eyes suddenly turned angry.

“I am not a wizard!”

Huh? Then what is this guy? Anyway, what day is it now? I have to be at my trial.

“May I ask what day is it?”

Hongki looked at Jonghun annoyingly and sullenly replied, “February 18, 2012.”

What?! What is happening here?

“Excuse me, but—“ he tapped his forehead.

What is happening? The date… it’s not possible, is it?

Jonghun looked up at Hongki.

“Kind sir, I’m afraid I travelled to the future.”

***

Hongki is now sure the man lost his mind. How can someone possibly travel to the future, and anyway, this is not future, is it? He looked down on the man sitting on the side of the road. He looks like someone who lost his way. Hongki kneeled in front of the man.

“Ya, mister, did you lost your way? I can assist you,” he volunteered.

“No… no. I am lost in… time,” the man put his head on both his hands. “I am from the Joseon Dynasty. I—I didn’t—I was…” the stranger sighed.

Ah. He really believes he’s from the past. I should go now.

“Mister,” the stranger called. “Please help me.”

Hongki scratched his head. He couldn’t refuse could he?

Aish. This is none of my business.

“Fine. I’ll help you.”

***

A/N

Aww. This chapter is not so good. Forgive me. My mind is in another planet right now. I just typed and typed.

 

Anyway, I'll do better on my next chapters! :))

 

Thanks for subscribing and leave comments, I'll appreciate it a lot :)

 

I'll update soon :)