Unrequited Love (Daejae)

BAP Oneshots and Drabbles

Daehyun intently stared at the door before he saw who he had been looking for. Youngjae briskly walked out of the locker room and quickly found his seat on the gym floor waiting for class to start. Daehyun looked at Youngjae, whom of which he had a major crush on for about the past one and a half years for reasons unknown to even Daehyun, from the other side of the gym and Daehyun though he saw tears forming out of the corner of his eyes. 

Daehyun wanted to brush it off, to say it was nothing, but when a tear rolled down the side of Youngjae’s cheek, he felt his breath catch and his heart quicken in pace. What happened to Youngjae, who did this to him? Youngjae wiped the tear away and tried to calm himself before more tears could shed and he’s be caught crying. Daehyun wanted nothing more than to go and ask what was wrong and comfort Youngjae, but he knew there were too many things preventing him from doing so.
 
First, Youngjae more than likely had no idea Daehyun knew about him considering the fact that Daehyun was practically the most popular guy in the whole school and Youngjae was that kid who was in all the after school nerd programs and always had the highest grade in class, so it would probably freak Youngjae out. Second, Daehyun was pretty damn sure Youngjae was straight as a ruler. 
Youngjae brought his knees up to his chest and covered his face with his hands. He was trembling slightly and although Daehyun couldn’t hear it, he was sure that Youngjae was suppressing sobbing. Daehyun felt like crying and screaming at the sight. He couldn’t bear seeing someone whose he’s been obsessed with for the past one and a half years being in this much pain. 
 
That's it, he didn't care any longer. He was going to find out what was wrong. He looked around to make sure no teachers had been looking. When he saw that the coast was clear he stood up and was about to walk over to the crying kid and fix everything, to make it all better. He began walking, he was so close, just a few more steps and would have been there. Just a few more steps, and everything would have been alright.  Everything would not be alright now though, his world came crashing down. Someone else came to Youngjae's side before he could.
 
It happened too fast, if he had had just a little more time, that would be him holding Youngjae right now. That would be him wiping away the tears. That would be him whispering sweet nothings to calm Youngjae down. That could've been him. That should have been him. The worst part was, was that all Daehyun could do was watch. If he interveined he knew he would probably only further hurt Youngjae. He secluded back to his own original spot, watching, holding back his own tears now, wishing someone could be there for him now. 
 
Little did he know though, someone else was in the same position he was in, feeling this way about Daehyun. Being stuck in an unrequited love but too scared to interveine. 
 
 
~~~~~~~
Was going to be all Daejae and cute. But I don't know what happened. This kind of just happened. Use you imagination on who the other two are.