12

Anathematized

~12~

 

“That’s him,” L pointed at a man who was on his way to a cafe. “He’s the person in this picture.”

“You’re right,” Dongwoo nodded, taking a closer look at the picture that was given to them along with the black letter last night. “Hey, it’s really weird. He’s Korean for sure and everyone in this city looks like Koreans to me. Are we in Korea? I don’t even recognize this city.”

“I’m not sure,” L shook his head. “I think we’re in a different world. We could also be dreaming all of this. There are too many mysteries to be solved.”

“If this is a dream, then it sure is a long nightmare,” Dongwoo sighed. “I don’t like what we’re doing right now. I feel bad that this guy is going to be kidnapped by us.”

“We’re not going to kill him so I think it’s not that bad,” L managed a smile. “We have no other choice, right?”

“Yeah, I guess,” Dongwoo lowered his gaze and could only pray that misfortune wouldn’t crash upon them.

“I think it’s okay for us to enter the café now,” Sungjong said as he stared out the window. “He’s alone and there aren’t many people in the street or in the cafe. We’ll wait for him to exit the café and only then we can proceed to the next stage. ”

“Both of us will go in there,” Sunggyu told him as he opened the door of the hummer which they’d found parked outside the warehouse that morning. Someone had prepared the vehicle for them but they had no idea who did it. Everyone assumed that it was Zelo but they doubted that the boy could drive.

“We’ll wait here,” Hoya nodded.

Sunggyu and Sungjong got out of the hummer and gave the other three a gritty nod. They had decided that morning that five of them would follow the target while another two would wait at the warehouse. The plan that Sungjong had come up with sounded flawless enough to assure them everything would progress smoothly. All they had to do was bring the guy named Daehyun to the warehouse and demand for firearms from his father, the owner of Jung Company—a company that manufactured firearms for military purpose. They had no idea why they had to demand for firearms. All they knew was that they had to keep their fingers crossed while carrying out the mission.

Sunggyu took a few deep breaths and pushed the door open. With heavy steps, he entered the café and spotted the target immediately. Daehyun, the victim was sitting alone at the corner, sipping a cup of coffee as he played with his phone. Sunggyu and Sungjong sat down at a table near the entrance and waited for him to leave. It didn’t take him a long time to finish his coffee. The moment he got up from his seat, Sunggyu and Sungjong exchanged glances, signaling to each other to follow him.

“This won’t be that hard, right?”