13

Anathematized

~13~

 

“Yaa, what are you guys doing?” the target, Daehyun, was about to turn around when Sungjong pressed something on his back. Daehyun froze immediately, not even dare to look at the object that was poking his spine.

“You should remain silent and follow us,” Sungjong told him.

“This kid is good,” Sunggyu mumbled, shaking his head with disbelief as he looked at the object that Sungjong was holding on. It was just a thin, short pipe that he had taken from the warehouse.

“What do you want? Money?” Daehyun asked as they walked towards the hummer that was parked right in front of the café. No one else was on the street except for the three of them.

Luck was by their side, Sunggyu thought.

“Get in the car,” Sunggyu pushed him into the hummer when Dongwoo opened the door.

“Yaa, where are you taking me?” Daehyun tried running away but they’d grabbed him by the arm and forced him to step into the hummer.

“Silence, boy,” Sunggyu told him and he turned silent immediately, afraid that they would hurt him. Sunggyu took the cloth that L had given him and tied it around Daehyun’s eyes before he gagged him. Then he sighed and patted Daehyun on the shoulder. “Sorry.”

“That was fast,” Hoya furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Yeah, I’m surprised too,” Sunggyu nodded towards Dongwoo. “Let’s go.”

Dongwoo started the engine and drove back to the warehouse. On their way there, everyone was quiet. Daehyun kept turning his head from side to side, as if he could look out the windows. Something didn’t feel right. The mission was somehow dull when Hoya thought about it. Kidnapping Daehyun was a piece of cake.

Was there something else waiting for them at the warehouse?

Could it be that the warehouse was already surrounded by police by the time they got there?

Hoya felt the world spinning around him. His head hurt. The pain was sudden and it produced white spots to his vision. When he closed his eyes, he saw images he’d never seen before. The images flashed before him like a silent film but he couldn’t catch everything. Only one image remained in his head.  

A face. A smiling face.

A young woman.

Hoya opened his eyes and there was nothing but the warehouse. They’d arrived and there was no police.