Cold

The Only Exception

 

“Ladies and Gentleman! Here is, our star, Oh Sehun and the pitcher is Kim Jongin! With two hot handsome and cute MC, Baekhyun and D.O! While the viewer is… Park Chanyeol—“

“Hurry up!” Chanyeol snarled.

Oh Sehun.

Kim Jongin.

Park Chanyeol.

Byun Baekhyun.

Do Kyungsoo.

Are the troublemakers of Chungsik Academy, one of the best Academy in Gangnam. The five handsome boys like members of Idol group are one of the students in this Academy.

“Are you sure It’s Suho’s class?” Chanyeol asked with his crossed arms. He glanced on the side of the class far in front of him.

A smirk appeared on Sehun’s face. His handsome face, “I’m pretty sure.”

“But what if we hurt others?” Baekhyun added, slightly worried. Kai laughed in a mocking tone and crossed his arms, “Please,” He snorted, makes his friends turned to him, “Do we care?”

The five of them looked at each other and together, they smirked and answered, “Of course not.”

Sehun smirked more. He liked to do things like this. Distrupt and make a fuss, It was like a hobby for him. “Are you ready, Kai?” He shouted to Kai who was standing on the opposite of him. Kai raised his hand, giving a sign that he was very really ready.

“Here we go, Kim Junmyeon.” Sehun whispered and get ready as he hit his bat to the ground.

“One, two, three—“

BUK!

The ball was floated after Sehun threw the ball toward the class of their president of student council. And never underestimate the skills of Oh Sehun, of course, the ball firmly landed into Kim Junmyeon’s classroom, the President of Student Council.

“YES!” They cheered and hi-fived together.

“YAH!” They startled, when Mr. Lee Samjae, the PE teacher ran towards them with two securities of school.

Panicking but laughing, they began to run to god-knows-where. Five of them ran out of the field while the two guards chasing them.

Mr. Lee stopped running with irregular breathing, he was exhausted. “Hell yeah with this old body.” He whispered, irritated. He turned to the class which is now the window has a hole caused by a ball thrown by Kai. He gasped and shook his head, “Those troublemakers.”

He immediately ran into the school, wanted to checking if he was okay, That President of Student Council was hated by Sehun and his friends.

“P-President, Are you okay?” Kang Songjae, One of the member of the student council asked with a quivering voice, worried and surprised to see what happened just now.

Something that instantly stopped their learning activities in the classroom, foremost class in Chungsik Academy.

Suho was silent and stared to a ball that perfectly landed on the teacher’s table. Today, there was no teacher in his class. That’s why, as the smartest student in Chungsik Academy and as a class president of the class, he took over to teach his classmates.

“President, Are you okay?”

“Who did this!”

“How is this… the window is completely broke and our president’s cheek…”

Suho raised his hand to rub his right cheek and felt there was blood there. His cheek scratched due to shards of glass which stucked in the ball.

“JUNMYEON!”

Suho turned to the door and saw Mr. Lee came with Mrs. Jung and Mr. Park, the principal and vice principal of school. They looked so panicked and worried. “Junmyeon, Are you okay? Who did this?” Mrs. Jung asked as she walked towards him.

Suho held out his hand to Songjae in silence. Songjae startled and immediately searching for his handkerchief and then put it on Suho’s hand.

He walked out of the classroom, followed by Mrs. Jung, Mr. Park and Mr. Lee. “Songjae, We have a meeting.” Suho said and quickened. Songjae turned to the teachers uneasily, he looked so worried but remained to follow Suho.

Suho suddenly stopped walking and turned to the teachers, “I’m fine, This is very common.”

Mrs. Jung looked at Suho nervously and timidly, “But, You would not say it to your mother, right? Or your father?” Suho smirked secretly, he knew that was she worried about. But to her, Suho smiled gently, “Of course not, Mrs. Jung. But I think she will find it soon. Don’t you remember? There’s a meeting of shareholders today. Either my mother or Oh Sehun’s mother will come,”

Mrs. Jung’s face fell. She didn’t forget it about gaped at Suho in disbelief. How could this guy always make her silent? Suho smiled again and bowed, “Excuse me.” He lifted his chin up and left with Songjae followed him behind. *Who said money can’t buy anything?* Suho thought and shook his head.

He looked at his watch and his face changed, *She’ll be back….. My sister.*

 

---

 

“Welcome to South Korea’s Incheon International Airport.”

A girl with her knitted hat on her head, white colored scarf wrapped around her neck, is seen dragged her pink suitcase out of the airport.

She looked around and didn’t recognize anyone there. It made her assume again. That her father wasn’t really sent her back to Seoul.

Yerin took out her Galaxy Note 2 of her white bag and stared at the screen, there wasn’t a single text or missed calls. She sighed, regret for leaving her mother’s family in China. *What am I doing here? Why would I want to come back here? And I know that no one wants me here. Everyone hates me. Even him.* Yerin quickly shook her head, she was assumed again.

“Mrs. Kim Yerin?”

Yerin spun around when someone called her name in unsure voice. She frowned when she saw this guy, she had never seen him before when she was in that house. That guy looked down to a picture that he held and then his face brightened, “You’re really her! Finally… I’ve been waiting for 2 hours! My name is Park Seongho, I’m a new employee of President Kim’s company! He told me to pick you up, Agashi.” He introduced himself.

*Father?* Yerin relieved, Her father wasn’t joking on her. “Is this all your stuff, Agashi?” Seongho blinked at the pink suitcase. He head heard, that the only daughter of Mr. Kim will stay in Seoul from now, But why only these goods? Yerin quickly nodded and walked first, leaving Seongho who confused and wondered.

Of course.

She wasn’t sure that she could live a long time in Seoul. Because of that, she doesn’t bring too much stuff. She didn’t even know how to meet her father who had not met for many years. For Eleven years.

And for that, she didn’t dare to reply any mail that send by Suho.

She was scared.

“This way, Agashi.” Yerin snapped out of her thoughts when Seongho let her to a white car. Yerin stared to it, she always knew that her father was very clever in managing the company. Seongho opened the door for Yerin, with her cold expression, she stared to Seongho briefly and then get into the car.

Seongho scatched his head, *Is she mute? But I never heard that.* Shrugging, he ran into the driver seat. He checked rearview mirror to see Yerin, she was starring out of the window. “Agashi, You can sleep if you want. You must be tired of long hours on the plane.”

Yerin didn’t move a shred of her previous position or even answered his words. Seongho became uncomfortable and he didn’t want to know anymore. He will continue to drive without asking anymore questions to Yerin.

Yerin glanced at Seongho and then turned out of the window, again. Slowly, she closed her eyes. Lying if she didn’t admit that she missed this place, the place of her birth. *I missed this place. Yes, I missed Dad. And I missed him the most… My Oppa.*

 

----

 

“OH SEHUN!”

He was caught, by his own mother.

Sehun didn’t listen to her talk. They were in the counceling room and Sehun didn’t really care. His legs lied on the table and he only played with his phone.

Mrs. Oh growled, can’t stand her only one son’s attitude. She took a deep breath and sat down again, “Sehun, Why did you do that?” Mrs. Oh asked softly. “You’re hurting him, Kim Junmyeon.”

Sehun suddenly smiled and looked up to his mother, “Nice, Isn’t it?! Eventually I managed to get the ball hit him. During this time, my efforts have always failed.” He pouted and played again with his phone.

Mrs. Oh gaped in disbelief, “Oh Sehun! Who taught you this?! Do you want your father to come here?!”

Sehun waved his hand over to his mother, “Never mind, he would naver care.” Mrs. Oh rubbed her temple and shook her head, “You have to go back to our house, right now.”

“No way.” Sehun replied immediately, “I love staying at Kai’s house, Aunt gave me anything, Unlike someone.” He glanced at his mother but then focused on his phone again.

“Although Kai is your cousin and his mother is my sister, You should not be casually!” Mrs. Oh snapped. But to her surprise, Sehun suddenly shouted and cursed when he lost in a game that he played, “Argh! Look, Mom! I’m dead!”

Mrs. Oh growled and seized the phone out of his hand, Sehun gasped and growled, “Mom!”

“Listen to me when I’m talking!” Mrs. Oh glared to her son, Sehun rolled his eyes and leaned to his chair, “I’m listening.”

Mrs. Oh sighed, “Until when are you going to stay in Kai’s house?” “As long as I want.” Sehun replied, shrugging. “I know this is off of our topic, but—I missed you, my son. Go back to our house.” Mrs. Oh gave him a pleaded look.

Sehun didn’t like it, when his mother always looked at him like that. “Although your father doesn’t care, but to be honest, he also wants you to comeback.” She added.

Sehun hissed, “Listen, Mom. It makes no difference if I lived in Kai’s house, We met every day and there is a very good news, I didn’t meet with Father. End of story.” Mrs. Oh shook her head in disbelief, She didn’t know how to persuade her son anymore. “Have you done? I want to play.” Sehun said, standing up from his chair.

Mrs. Oh frowned. She stood up from her chair also and took Sehun’s hand as she put his phone back on it. She looked up to Sehun and smiled, “I love you so much, my prince. You know it right?”

Sehun smiled back, “I know. I love you too, Mom.”

Mrs. Oh patted Sehun’s back and headed out of the door. She even had forgotten all her resentment against him. When they walked out of the door, Mrs. Oh and Sehun stopped when Suho passed with his mother, Mrs. Kim.

Mrs. Kim stopped and turned to Mrs. Oh. Without saying anything but bowed a little, Mrs. Kim and Suho left. “She must really hate me now.” She murmured. Sehun smirked, “I win~~” He sang and went first, leaving his mother dumbfounded. Shaking her head, she followed her son, “That kid.”

 

-----

 

“Agashi, We have arrived.”

Yerin opened her eyes and lifted her body up, gazing out of the car. There was a big house of her father in front of her. *I’m here… Mom, I went back to this place. A place full of memories for you and me… I should not come back.*

Seongho opened the door for her, Yerin immediately took her bag and stepped out of the car. She took a deep breath, smelling the air that she had left since long time.

Fragrance of flowers into her nose, she turned and towards the flower garden not far from her, *Still there, the park was still there.* Without she knowing it, she smiled just because of the garden, her favorite place in this house.

Seongho followed her gaze and beamed, “You like the park, don’t you? For several years, I’m taking care of that place!” He said proudly. Yerin turned to him and gave him a soft smile, “Thank you so much, Ahjussi. It’s my favorite place since I was young.”

Seongho blinked, *She isn’t mute. She talked to me, she smiled to me. But… She called me ahjussi? I’m just 25 years old.* He snapped out and nervously let Yerin into the house, “Come on, Agashi.”

Yerin slowly walked into the house, as expected… the maids greeted her warmly.

“Welcome home, Agashi!” They bowed at the same time. Yerin blinked, she doesn’t remember any of them. “You must be very tired, Let me take you to your room.” One of the maids said. Yerin glanced at her name tag and remembered her name, *Sunhee.*

Yerin didn’t say much, she just followed Sunhee to her room but stopped when she saw a large picture. Slowly, she walked toward it and rubbed it carefully. It was a family picture of her and her mother, her father, Suho and her stepmother. She rubbed her mother’s face, *Mom…* then she turned to the next picture beside it, it was a guy’s picture and she knew it, just from his smile, she knew it was Suho.

She paused and stunned to see how Suho looks now. Handsome, good-looking and wise, just like their father. Yerin stared to Suho’s picture in sadness, *How do I face him later? I’m scared, embarrassed. Isn’t he like before? Or changed?*

 


 

I didnt see any comment... *sobs* If there are a lot of reaction in this story, then I'll continue but if not, well... xD