Part I

The Puppetmaster

 

My name is Kim Kyungna, I'm eighteen this year and I'm living with my twin brother Kim Jonghyun (anyhow, I'm older). Anyway, I shall warn you first; don't ever challenge supernatural because you will never get out of their palms unless they choose to let go.

 

 

 

"Kyungna!"

              "Hmm?"

              "Have you heard of puppetmaster?"

              "What?" I looked up and saw Hyerim punching some words into her laptop.

              "Puppetmaster?" She looked up from her screen and gave me a questioning look.

              "Well...those who control puppet?" I raised one of my brows as I answered her question.

              She gave me a defeated look, "watch out for the beautiful boy with doe eyes. Do not speak to him, do not look. Turn around and run away before he gets you. Once under his spell, the puppetmaster never let go."

              "Umm hmm..." I nodded my head as I look back into my book. What the , I'm not interested in supernatural stuff and she knows about it. Why is she telling me about this anyway?

              So, meet Park Hyerim, my best friend. She's into supernatural thingy since forever and her elective class was of course, supernatural class while mine was mathematics class. 

              "For God sake, just once okay Kyungna! Listen to me!"

              "I'm not interested and you know it!" I hissed. Crap, this is what you got if you befriend with a friend who's into supernatural and you're not.

              "Fine whatever, the only way to deal with you this kind of people is for you to actually see one yourself."

              "Yeah right, I'll beg to see one, really," I rolled my eyes as I threw the book into my bag before hovering over my shoulder. "I'm out of here."

 

 

I quicken my pace as I noticed that the sky was getting ridiculously dark. It's only early evening now and it shouldn't be this dark...yet. Suddenly a sudden cold wind blew against my body and I hugged tighter onto my thin cardigan which obviously doesn’t really help in keeping me warm. Weird, it's actually summer right now so why is the wind so ing cold?

              And the next thing that happened, scare the hell out of me. I turned the corner and usually, the light from the lamp post would light up the path to where my apartment building was. But now, the path was dark with none of the lamp post working and the only source of light was the full moon. I'd never notice how dark and creepy this path was because I always walk with lights on. I took the first step and the next and the next until I'm walking in the middle of the path; everything seemed normal at the moment despite that it's awfully quiet. Usually, the path will be full of the sound of crickets.

              Just today, everything seemed out of place but I don't know what's weird. It's just...weird.

              "Hey..."

              I stopped abruptly in my tracks. I swear I heard something. I did, did I? I'm sure I did. Did I?...

              I took a deep breath and looked around; it's so dark that seriously I can't make anything out. "I must be tired..." I mumbled to myself as I pick up my pace again. I've been staying up these nights for the bloody projects and I'm having semester exam the next month too. Ugh.

              "Hey. Stop there,"

              I stopped again. I'm SURE I heard something. But as I turned around, I saw nothing again. What the ? ...crap. I need to get the hell out of here.

              And just like that, I started jogging which eventually became running until I felt something pulled me back which I fell on my on the cold hard ground. My God, did I just say that something pulled me back?

              "I said to stop, didn't I?"

              It's the voice again, but why can't I see anything?! My face scrunched up in pain as I felt a burning pain on my elbow. Crap, I just hurt myself. How nice.

              "Who are you?" I asked loudly since I don't know where is that...person? It’s a living thing right? Yeah right Kim Kyungna, don't scare yourself, you don't believe in supernatural do you?

              "Me? I'm....me."

              And I heard a laughter which instantly warms my heart up. Okay so one thing I'm sure of was that, whoever it was, it's a ‘he’.

              I took a deep breath and stood up on my foot. Tch, if you're not telling me or what, I'm off.

              Taking only three steps from where I fell, I got pulled back again. What the was that thing that kept on pulling me anyway? And before I knew it, my back was hit against something and after that; I felt arms crept around my waist so that I'm locked in his arms.

              "I said stop, why are you ignoring me?"

              As I tilted my head to the side so that I could catch a glimpse of who's behind me, I came face to face with a beautiful boy. A victory and mischievous smirk was plastered on his lips and his eyes remind me of a deer. Doe eyes, except that his eyes were blue in color. Other than that, his hair also caught my attention. The blond seemed to shine brighter under the full moon night. 

              "Watch out for the beautiful boy with doe eyes. Do not speak to him, do not look. Turn around and run away before he gets you. Once under his spell, the puppetmaster never let go."

              No, no way. He's definitely a human.

              "Who are you?" I asked quietly, forgetting that I'm still in his arms.

              What am I doing? Got hugged in the middle of the street by someone I don't even know. Why am I so calm still? Pfft.

              "I'm me," he giggled and hugged me tighter. "Yah!" I tried to peel off his arms before I realized that his arms were ing so strong it won't even budge when I tried to push it away.

              "Aww come on, you're not going to get away from me even if you're out from my arms," he whispered against my ear. "You're mine..." And with that, he vanished and I fell on my again. Tch. How nice, I hurt both of my elbows now.

 

 

"Yah, where have you gone to?" Jonghyun asked from behind the counter because our door was just beside the kitchen and was divided by one counter.

              "I didn't go to anywhere."

              "But you're late; normally you will reach— OMO what happened to your elbows?" He dropped whatever was on his hands before coming over and takes my arms to examine the wounds.

              Without me answering, he pulled me to the kitchen and took out the first aid kit in one of the cabinet. "How old are you seriously, hurting yourself at this age, aren't you ashamed?"

              "Yah, I'm older than you. Respect me please," I winced at the burning pain when he poured the alcohol on my wounds.

              "Yeah, older than me by 110 seconds, how great Kyungna."

              "It's noona!"

              "Yeah whatever," and he finished off by pasting plaster on both the wounds.

              Well, although he's irritating and naggy and is a pain in the . He's actually a very good brother.

 

 

After a hot shower, I sat in front of my desk before pulling out lecture notes and notebook from my bag. Pfft seriously, there's so many things to do.

              "You're mine..."

              Alright Kyungna, stop thinking about that.

              "You're mine..."

              Ugh Kim Kyungna!! I threw the pen on the desk and threw my head back. Who's that guy anyway? The image of him kept on flashing in my mind and it seemed like I can't think of anything other than his face. His to-die-for V-shaped face, plump lips that stretched into a y smirk, sparkling blue mysterious eyes and the shining blond hair...

              I sighed and pushed up the glasses that are slipping down my nose. Who is he...?

              "Yah Kyungna!" I jumped up at the sound of the door being opened so forcefully that it slammed against the wall. "I'm going out,"

              "What?! It's half past ten already!"

              Jonghyun grunted and rolled his eyes, "okay fine, but be back by twelve."

              "What?!" Jonghyun narrowed his eyes on me. "The dance floor wasn't even open until twelve!"

              "Ugh! Fine whatever! Go and never come back you ing idiot," I hissed and picked up my pen again. "Just don't knock up any girls."

              "The ?! I don't knock up girls!"

              "Oh yeah? What if you do?"

              "I won't!"

              "You never know~"

              "Kyungna...I—“

              "Just go Jonghyun, just go," I sighed once before I heard the door of my room being slammed close again. I yanked away my glasses and dump it on the table.

              "Pfft, annoying jerk. Go and flirt all you want on the dance floor and I hope you get by some gay or something seriously," I mumbled to myself.

              "Did I just hear you cursing your own brother?"

              I snapped my head back upon hearing the voice and surprisingly, I saw the same beautiful boy sitting on the edge of my bed with his legs crossed elegantly.

              What the is he...how did he even get in here?

              "Who the you are seriously?" I stood up from my seat and glare at him. He smirked, which for some reason sent butterflies fluttering in my tummy.

              "Me? I'm Lee Taemin," he smiled this time, extending his hand out to me and I thought that he wanted me to walk over. But the thing was, I literally flew towards him and landed in his embrace.

              Instantly, I'm scared. For the second time in my life, fear took over my body entirely. The first time was when my parents were gone and I'm left all alone with Jonghyun in this world. And now I'm scare because this person here is definitely not a human.

              "Don't tremble, I won't harm you," he whispered in my ear as he hugged me tighter. I don't know why but I felt relief at his words and actually safe in his arms.

              "What...what are you?" I finally gathered all my courage to ask him this. Where in the world did I get the courage anyway? What if he got angry and started chopping me up or something...pfft, Kim Kyungna, calm the hell down.

              "What am I? Hmm..." He had a thinking expression on as he tapped his chin with his index finger. I realized I'm actually sitting on his lap with one of his arm around my waist and another one around my shoulder, locking me firmly in his locks.

              "So what do you think I am?" He asked, facing me with a wide grin on his face. The way his eyes sparkled when they met mine, the way I felt weak when his arms were around me.

              "I don't know," I said quietly. "But you're definitely not human."

              At that, he smiled. He ruffled my hair messily and then tucks the loose strands of hair behind my ear before leaning in, "watch out for the beautiful boy with doe eyes. Do not speak to him, do not look. Turn around and run away before he gets you. Once under his spell, the puppetmaster never let go."

              I swear my heart almost stop beating when he said that.

              "You looked around when I first talked. You're supposed to turn and run away when I first got you. And now, I'll never let go."

              He smirked again and forcefully turned me around, making me to face him fully.

              "Puppetmaster..." I mumbled under my breath, still stunned from what I'd heard. Great, what had I got myself into right now?

              "And you're my puppet now," he smiled innocently where in actual fact; it's an evil victory smirk. And the next thing I know, he grabbed the back of my head and made me crush my lips onto his.

              It wasn't supposed to feel good. Especially when I don't even know him, and he's not even a human to begin with. It wasn't supposed to feel great and awesome. It certainly wasn't supposed to feel this way. I shivered a little when a wave of pleasure goes through my body; this creature here is a good kisser.

              He the bottom of my lips and instantly I know what he wants but I'm not going to give in. I've to push him away and ask him to off because he's a stranger. But why do I feel like continuing?

              Knowing that I don't allow his tongue to enter, he bit my lips so hard that I groaned in pain and he took the chance to slip his tongue in. I swear I can feel his smirk on my lips as he explored every inch of my mouth with the tip of his warm tongue. Both of his arms were tightly wrapped around my waist making sure that I won't run away.

              , this feels so wrong but...so good.

              He my lips once more before breaking the kiss. With his blue eyes staring into mine, I felt myself weak as each second pass by. "I see you're enjoying it..." He leaned in and murmured against my ear before nibbling on my earlobe.

              "But...that's all for tonight, my lady," he whispered again but this time in a rather low and husky voice.

              I thought it's the end already until I felt him grabbing the back of my neck as he started trailing kisses down from my ear to my neck. When he reached a certain sensitive spot, a soft moan escaped from my throat and I feel like killing myself for letting that happen. "So it's here..." He mumbled against my skin as he began on it until I felt numb in that spot.

              And somehow, I don't know if I'm thinking too much or...I actually felt something slipping into my neck at that moment.