Part II

The Puppetmaster

 

Remind me to kill that bastard Kim Jonghyun later. Really, I'm serious. He actually came home at three last night and why I know? Because I couldn't sleep at all last night and all the time I've been staring at the ceiling, tossing and turning around on my bed. I didn't get up to scold him because I'm tired and I'm sure he's tired too (heck, he went clubbing for five hours straight) so I decided to be a very nice sister and leave him alone FOR THE NIGHT.

              I sighed and poured a cup of hot lemon drink. I don't know if this actually help that bastard to clear his mind after clubbing but anyway he always drink it when I make it for him.

              "Ugh I thought I was going to die," Jonghyun groaned as he held his head in his hands. "Yeah, why not just die?"

              "Yah," he scoffed, staring at me with his blood-shot eyes. Pfft seriously, why do you even go club when you have school the next day?

              "Omo," he took the cup from me but his puppy eyes were focused on my neck until it's going to pop out from his stupid skull. "Is that a love bite that I see?!" He asked loudly, slamming the cup on the table before standing up and leaned in to me.

              "Yah! Go away!" I pushed him away and turned around to pretend that I'm busy with dishes when apparently the basin is empty. , usually the basin is full of dirty plates and cups, why is it ing empty now?!

              "Uh-huh," and when I turned around, I found him leaning against the fringe with his arms crossed against his toned chest and a huge grin plastered across his face. "Kyungna, tell me, you brought a guy home when I’m out didn't you?"

              "I didn't," I scoffed. "It's not a love bite you . You and your ert mind, if you don't want that drink then I'll drink it," I reached out for the cup but was slapped away by Jonghyun's hand.

              "Me and my ert mind? Uh-huh, you know it, you can lie to everyone but not me. I'm your twin, I'm literally you," he said innocently before gulping down the drink. "Seriously Kim Jonghyun, just shut up. Did you knock up any girl last night?"

              "I said I don't knock up girls!"

              "Yeah right. I bet you don't even know, you were so drunk like some ."

              "I wasn't drunk like some ? I came back home last night hello?"

              Pfft, whatever. I'm leaving.

               "Yah! Yah! Wait for me!"

 

 

"Hey Kyungna!" I smiled as soon as I caught Hyerim's hand waving at me. I looked at the clock hanging at the back of the class and it shows 08:02, I'm in luck today because teacher was late.

              "Crap, I'm almost late," I sighed and pulled out my chair to sit in. Oh my, the bus journey was full of argument about Jonghyun knocking up girls and me with my bull love bite. In addition he kept on blabbering about how nerdy I look with my glasses. all this; do you even know why I'm not wearing contacts today? I didn't sleep for the whole night and I'm so bloody tired that I don't think my eyes can withstand wearing contacts today. After alighting I even asked Jonghyun to go first because I definitely don't want him to see me pasting some plaster on the damn love bite using the bus stop penal as mirror.

              Hyerim was about to reply when suddenly the homeroom teacher came in with an excited expression. "Class! Good news," she clapped once to get everyone's attention and when the class quiet down, she smiled.

              "There's a new transfer student today,"

              Almost immediately, the class became noisy again. What? Transfer student? Out of a sudden? And no one actually knows it?

              Hyerim turned to glance at me, giving me a do-you-know-about-it look and I shook my head in reply.

"Let's welcome him!" She cheered as she started clapping crazily. What...? It's just a transfer student...

              Well, that's what I thought. Until I saw who's coming in from the entrance and he literally took my breath away when he came into an eye contact with me. All the girls in the class started to squeak and some even dug out their small mirrors to check if their heads are in the right position. Oops, did I say head? Whatever, they're too exaggerating.

              "So let's—hey! Where are you going?" The teacher yelled when the new student actually make his way towards me. Oh my God, please don't...

              "Hey, my lady," he stopped before me and stared into my eyes with his blue eyes as he tilted his head a little. "Why are you wearing glasses today?" He asked before taking them off, "you look too cute, what if other guys got seduced by you?" He whispered but it's damn loud that the whole class can ing hear it.

              What the is this creature doing right now?!

              "What are you doing?" I mumbled through my gritted teeth only for him to hear. He smirked and leaned in to kiss the tip of my nose before whispering in my ear, "showing everyone that you're mine."

              He straightens up and walked away from me as he headed towards the teaching platform. "Anneyong-haseyo, I'm Lee Taemin, nice to meet all of you."

              Crap, I bet I looked hilarious right now because I'm burning red from both anger and embarrassment. .

              "Hey, you didn't say you had a boyfriend. And he's hot as hell," Hyerim leaned in and whispered as her eyes lit up with curious. "That's not my boyfriend," I hissed and put back my glasses. "Oh yeah? Stay back after this lesson because I'm going to interrogate you!"

              Ugh, what kind of bull is today? Why is he even here in the first place? He's not even a human to begin with. No wait, according to Hyerim's interests, she definitely cannot know about him -the puppetmaster-.

 

 

"Yah Kim Kyungna! I heard about it!!" Jonghyun came running after me during lunch break. Oh freak, it's only been two hours and it seemed like the entire campus know about it. How great, stupid rumors really do spread fast huh. Tch.

              "Who's that guy? Is he the one that left the love bite on you?"

              "No Jonghyun, shut up!" Seriously I just want to eat my lunch peacefully. Just now after that lesson, Hyerim really kept on bombarding questions about the guy. I can't actually said that 'well, he caught me while I was on the home way and somehow he landed in my room and we started making out,' obviously I can't said that because it's going to be a real disaster.

              "Then what's going on?!" He yelled along the corridor as I made my way to the canteen, "nothing! I said nothing!" I retorted and increase my pace so that the distance between us gets further.

              "Kyungna!" He caught my wrist and turned me around, "come on Kyungna, you know I don't gossip. I'm just worried about you."

              I sighed and started to give in. Yeah, he's my brother and I'm all he had and he's all I had. He's just worried about some stupid random guy claiming that I'm his.

              "Alright. Look," I paused for a while. How am I supposed to put it into words? I...I met a puppetmaster...no wait. I don't even know what's going on so how am I supposed to explain to him what had happened?

              "Hmm?" He prompted me to continue and I just shrugged off his grip, "I don't know. Wait till I figure out how to say, I'll tell you."

              "Tell what?"

              Both Jonghyun and I snapped our heads back as the blond hair guy walk towards us. He had both his hand in his pockets and an evil smirk plastered across his face. "Tell what?" He asked again as he slung his arm over my shoulder, pulling our bodies closer than ever.

              I watched as Jonghyun stared at his every move with his eyes almost popping out. "Who are you?" He narrowed his eyes on him.

              "Didn't your noona tell you? I'm her boyfriend," Taemin smirked. "Yah," I elbowed him but it doesn't seem like it has any effect on his body.

              "Are you ing serious now Kim Kyungna?" Jonghyun diverted his narrowed eyes to me. I wanted to shake my head but somehow something within my body stopped me from reacting to his question.

              I felt weird, why is this happening?

              "I'll ask you again when we're home," Jonghyun pointed an accused finger at me before walking away. Ugh crap.

              "What's that for!" I turned around and yelled at him but he pushed me against the wall as he placed two arms on either side of me. "It's no use, you won't get out of my hands," he smirked again.

              "What is it that you want actually?" I asked quietly. I don't know what he want, I don't even know him yet I enjoyed all of the skinship he gave. What the hell is wrong with me? Something about me is weird.

              "I want you, isn't it obvious?"

              "No, I don't even know you. All I know is that you're Lee Taemin. You're not a human and I don't even understand how you can pass off as a human and get into this crap school. I don't get why there are so many girls out there but yet you choose to play with me. I don't know why you kept on teasing me with all the kisses and whispering. Why? Why are you doing this to me?" I thought I was going to break down in front of him but he pulled me into a comforting hug right after I finish my sentence. I closed my eyes and bit my bottom lip to stop sobs from escaping from my throat.

              "I won't hurt you. I just..."

              And suddenly, I felt coldness enveloping me. I opened my eyes once again and no one was in sight. No blond hair guy, no puppetmaster, no Lee Taemin.

 

 

For the rest of the day, he was nowhere in sight. "Mathematic class was cancelled right? Are you waiting for Jonghyun then?" Hyerim asked as she packed her bag.

              "Yup," and something hits me, now is elective class time which means that Hyerim will be having her supernatural lesson.

              "Hyerim! Can you..." Should I ask her? What if she suspects anything? Of course she would suspect, I would usually care less about supernatural stuff yet now I'm asking her about it. "What?" She asked before throwing on her bag pack.

              "Nothing," I shook my head and sat down on the seat again. I don't actually feel like going home right now.

              "Alright, I'm off then," she smiled and pushed her chair in before leaving. The sound of chairs scraping filled the classroom as everyone started to leave one by one. I sighed and laid my head on the table after taking off my glasses. I'm so tired...oh I better text Jonghyun to let him know that I'm here if not he's going to explode when he know I wasn't home.

 

 

"Yah Kyungna,"

              I felt a shake on my shoulder and as my eyes fluttered open, Jonghyun's face came into picture. "Why are you here? Didn't your boyfriend bring you home?"

              "He's gone..." I grunted and rubbed my eyes. Crap, I really slept. "What? Did he like dump you right after he took advantage of you last night?! Oh no, no one does that to my sister."

              "No no no JONGHYUN!" I yelled after him as he rushed out of the class furiously. Seriously why is he so worked up for?! "He didn't do anything to me! Yah! Yah!!"

              "Kyungna, look, I don't know where he from, I don't even how you two started. But hey, you're my only sister all right; no one bullies you other than me."

              No one bullies me other than him. What a dear brother...

              "Look Jonghyun, when we get home, we seriously need to sit down and have a good talk."

              Jonghyun looked at me with a frown and I nodded.

 

 

"Kyungna, are you hearing yourself?"

              Ugh , I should have known it. This bastard won't believe a of what I'd said. Fine whatever, to hell with that.

              "You're telling me that...on that day, you met him. He said you're his, he appeared in your room when I'm out clubbing, he kissed you...and he's not a human?"

              Jonghyun sighed and stared at me with sympathy visible in his pair of eyes. "Crap Jonghyun, don't give me that kind of look. I'm not crazy! It's true!"

              "I understand that you're having a lot of projects and there's sem exam next month. Look, I'm same age as you; I'm experiencing the same thing as you. Don't make me worry yeah?"

              "So you don't believe me?"

              "How?! Kyungna, you're now telling me that there's a creature harassing you! How am I supposed to believe that?!"

              "But you're my brother! You're supposed to believe me!!" I cried, I think I'm getting too emotional right now because I'm going to cry soon. Why the hell am I getting so emotional anyway? I'm not PMSing and I'm not the type who gets emotional easily and the only person who's capable of that now is Jonghyun but he's perfectly fine now.

              "Kyungna..." He sighed and looked down on the ground with his hands clasped together. "Okay, here's what, you should have a warm bath and dry your hair first before sleeping. Tonight I'll sleep with you okay?"

              My face scrunched up in disgust. Is this guy hearing himself? Sleep with me? Do I need that? Am I really that mentally unbalanced that I need him to sleep with me? What? To make sure I won't kill people in my sleep? Tch.

              "I don't need you to sleep with me. Seriously Kim Jonghyun, I'm so disappointed in you." I sighed and went into my room without turning back. That's it man, you don't believe me? Fine, I'm not going to talk to you.

 

 

"Kyungna...Kyungna open up." Jonghyun kept on knocking on my door for the thousand times. I'm in here since the last conversation we had which was three hours ago and I skipped dinner and I didn't even bath. But no, I'm not going to go out and see that face of his.

              "Kyungna! Open up the ing door!" This time, he pounded really hard that I could practically see the whole door shaking. This bastard, if he breaks the door, he's going to pay.

              I sighed and curled myself up on the bed with my head on the soft pillow. Image of Taemin came into my mind as soon as I closed my tired eyes. His V-shaped face, his blue eyes that never fails to attract me...attract me? Ugh, stop it stop it. Kim Kyungna, stop thinking of things that don't exist.

 

I thought I was going to break down in front of him but he pulled me into a comforting hug right after I finish my sentence. I closed my eyes and bit my bottom lip to stop sobs from escaping from my throat.

              "I won't hurt you. I just..."

 

The way he pulled me into a warmth embrace...it's so warm that it almost felt like...like home.

              I sighed again as soon as I felt a tear drop rolling down my face and onto the pillow. I missed home. I missed my parents. Where are they...? Why are they gone just like that? There has to be reason why they're gone right? It's not like someone can just vanish like that...wait...Lee Taemin vanished too...

              Abruptly, I felt a painful tug at my heart and it's so painful that I also can't breathe. I gasped and panted for air to ease the pain. Why is it so painful? It's like...like the pain of missing someone