Chapter 1

The End

 

“Kyungie-ah!” Soojin shouts as she enters the ballroom. Kyungsoo turns around. He pauses. That was the first time, he thinks that he’s seen Soojin like that. Just gorgeous.

 

Soojin has always been beautiful to Kyungsoo, yes. But on this particular night, she’s a different kind of beautiful. The kind that you can’t take your eyes off.

 

Soojin walks towards him, dragging along her royal blue gown. The dress’ trail is almost as long as her waist-length hair.

 

He remembers that day when she picked that gown. He was forced to stay in that gigantic dress shop for hours just listening to his best friend’s ranting a she went through rows and rows of dresses carefully arranged on metal clothes racks.

 

“Should I wear this?”

 

“What about this?”

 

“I can’t choose!”

 

She was about to burst into tears because of her failure to find HER perfect dress for this very special occasion. But upon their arrival to the very last row, Soojin’s face immediately lit up when she spotted blue poking out of the middle of the line of clothing. That her favourite color, Kyungsoo thought.

 

“It’s perfect.” Soojin said to him as she pulled the dress out from the rack. The look on her face already told Kyungsoo that she was definitely going to get it. All the agony and suffering that Kyungsoo experienced on that day instantly disappeared when he saw his best friend smile.

 

You’re more perfect. Kyungsoo wanted to say. But he had to stop himself. Things might change. And Kyungsoo doesn’t want that. He’s happy with whatever they have right now.

 

But Kyungsoo knows that he’ll eventually need to tell her someday.

 

Kyungsoo is just waiting for the right moment. A moment when all conditions are ideal. And tonight seems like that moment.