Take Five ►

Beyond Fiction {Hiatus}

 

Sumin groaned and shifted in her bed, pulling the blankets up to her chin while squinting her eyes shut as the sun light was too glaring for her eyes at the moment. She fell asleep once again not long later but was woken up when she heard some noises from outside. She growled and pulled the covers down, just to shiver when she felt the cold wind blow past.

"Unnie.." She mumbled with her eyes still closed. Why was the sun so glaring today? Why was she having a bad headache today? Why was horse and dry today? Why was she feeling so cold without.. She opened her eyes wide and slowly moved her eyes down to her body. "UNNIE!" Sumin screamed and she heard a piercing screech before her door swung opened.

"What is it?!" Her manager panted as she entered the room.

"WHY AM I NOT WEARING ANY CLOTHES?!" Sumin screamed.

"Don't you remember a single thing?" Her manager asked and she shook her head. Her manager looked around the room and her eyes followed along. "Try thinking harder. Where were you yesterday?"

Sumin held her head as it hurt badly. "I was.." She sighed. The pain in her head was getting worse by the second. "Fliming.."

"Yes, and what did you drink?"

She titled her head. "Alcohol? Soju?" Her manager nodded and she gasped. "Did I do anything embarrassing?!" She got off the bed and ran to her manager. However though when her feet touched the ground, she fell down when she felt the pain in her left ankle. "Ow.." She whimpered.

"Embarrassing? You're asking me if you did anything embarrassing? You did more than embarrassing!" Her manager exclaimed as she walked towards Sumin and bent down, helping Sumin back up on the bed. "The only ultimate embarrassing thing you did not do was puking on either of the guys' clothes." Her manager sighed.

Sumin gasped once again and grabbed her manager's hands as she remembered what she did the night before. "Oh. My. God! How am I going to face them the next time?! I just.. I just.. I just acted like a kid right in their face! This is SO EMBARRASSING!" Sumin put her face in her hands.

"Now you know.." Her manager mumbled as she got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" Sumin asked.

Her manager looked back. "Getting something to apply to your ankle. You might need to see a doctor but.. there are other matters you need to see to first." Her manager bit her lips as she walked out before returning with the medication and supressor. "Give me your leg." She said and Sumin stretched her leg out.

"How will I face them?! That was why I didn't want to drink that stupid Soju! It's so embarrassing! What will the staff and crew think of me?! I'm going to die from embarrassment!" She pouted. She beamed suddenly and tapped her manager's shoulder. "Unnie! Withdraw me from the drama! That will do! They'll forget about me! Yes, do just that!" She was just kidding but it did make her feel a little better.

"Yah! Don't be silly." Her manager chuckled and got up after she was done with Sumin's ankle. "Your head must be hurting a lot. I made some soup so drink it." Her manager turned to get out from the room when she stopped halfway.

"You will NOT withdraw from the drama, you hear me?" Sumin's laughter stopped at the voice and her face became pale.

She dared not looked up as she kept her head down, staring down at the floor. "Don't you know how to answer?" A man's voice spoke.

"O-omma, A-appa." She greeted, still not looking up. The two very people she least expected to see at the moment turned up. She wasn't hating on them.. she was just.. scared and afraid. "What are you doing here?" She asked in a soft tone.

"Why? Can't we come to see your progress?" Her mother spoke and she shook her head. She was already twenty-one for goodness sake and yet, she still felt like a child being scolded whenever her parents are around. "You even wanted to withdraw from the drama, look what would have happened if me and your father didn't came over. What a disappointment." Her mother spat and Sumin bit her lips. She dared not retaliate.

"Indeed. You are acting with two very popular actors in the drama right now and you'll be famous if you continue with it but you want to withdraw? What are you thinking?! Are you thinking very highly of yourself right now?! Because you're nothing yet, Sumin! Nothing! Why can't you be like other daughters?! They bring pride to their family, unlike you! You're useless to the society, useless to the family! Look at your leg! You sprained it while playing a fool, didn't you?!" Her father scolded. Sumin hung her head lower. They were at it again, calling her a useless daughter of the family. Why wasn't she used to it already when they've done it so many times?

Her manager rolled her eyes before walking over. "Actually," She helped Sumin up from the bed. "I think you two are the useless ones to the society and to the entire family of ours. Let's take a recap, shall we? Hmm.. Sumin holds a stable job ever since she was just.. what? Ten? Eleven? While you two.. oh wait. You two hold no job ever since ten years ago! What a joke! A burden to the entire family. The house you're staying in is also under Sumin's name, the money you're spending were earned with her hard work while you guys just lazed around." She laughed at them and started leading Sumin out from the room that was filled with what she called, 'pest'.

"You-!" Sumin's mother pointed and her manager raised a brow.

"Yes?"

Sumin's father stopped his wife from saying anything. "You do know we're your uncle and aunt right?"

"Of course I do. I'm not dumb. I just don't think you two earn my respect." She shrugged her shoulders and went out, walking to the kitchen. "And if you may do the honors, please get out. This house is under my name and I very well don't welcome the both of you if you're just here to put Sumin down." She said loudly from the kitchen while scooping a bowl of soup for Sumin.

"Argh!" Sumin's mother screamed and left the house along with her husband.

The door slammed closed and Sumin sighed while taking the bowl of soup her manager passed her. "I'm so useless, aren't I? Why can't I just stand up for myself instead of others helping me?" She kept her eyes on the bowl of soup in her hands.

Her manager took a seat in front of her. "You're not, Sumin. Where did the confident Sumin everyone knew went to?"

Sumin chuckled bitterly. "That's just a image we made up for the media, you know that. I'm not all that confident like everyone thought I was."

Her manager frowned. "Image or not, I know you are confident Sumin. It's just.. you were a child when they treated you this way so naturally as you grow, the fear in you is still there. And it will always be there until you try to stand up for yourself, Sumin. Let them know that they can't always control your life. Heck, what you said about withdrawing was a joke and they don't even know it. And they come here, ruining the happy morning atmosphere, what a nice day." Her manager raised her hands up in the air. She swatted her hands and rolled her eyes. "Let's just forget they even came here today. So anyway, Jaejoong-ssi and Kris-ssi had the shock of their life when you called me 'Omma' yesterday!" Her manager laughed.

Naturally, Sumin started chuckling too. "Ah~ It's so embarrassing! How many times did I even say embarrassing already?! God! I just feel like burying myself in a hole when I meet them tomorrow! Argh!" She finished off her soup and her manager took it to the sink.

"What's a better way to forget everything?" Her manager smirked.

"Shopping!" Sumin cheered.

"That's right! Now go get changed!" Her manager cheered along and Sumin ran off.

Her manager watched as she entered her room again and she shook her head. "Yeah, forget that you even have such demanding parents. If you were my daughter, I would die from all the pride and happiness I received."

 


Author's Note:

Ahem, short chapter I know. I just wanted to update fast so I wouldn't keep you guys waiting x.x The next chapter will be long, I promise(: