Third Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

 

Third Storm

 

Dara

 

A thin line of light flashed in the dark cloud, then in a few second of delay the sky roar furiously. The moist smell of rain flowing in the air. I took a step back into the school door, where I can be safe from the rain. Then the first drop of rain hit the floor, leaving a round brown dot on the dry cement. The second one follows, the third, fourth, slowly they take over the ground. The rain had created a visible line in front of me separated me from the outside.


It has been two days since I have accepted myself as a vampire. I went around the town tried to search for that guy named, Eli. I have been living so many years thinking I was just another normal girl. Then suddenly I am a vampire who became desired for my friend’s blood. I touch the blue tattoo on my wrist. I don’t really know who I am.


“Dara!” I flinched from the call and quickly throw my hand to the back to hide my tattoo. My eyes identify the person in front of me, Kevin. He is holding a light mint colored umbrella standing in the rain. The bottom of his black skinny jeans and his gray shoe were dam by water.

“Hey.” I reply with a smile. He smile back and touch his hair shyly. I can still see the scar on his neck. I couldn’t help to start to think about his red blood.  My eye shut as I command and close myself into the darkness.
Regain your thought. Dara!


“Dara. Are you alright?” Kevin’s voice interrupted me. “Yeah..” I blinked a few times and nodded my head.


“Do you need an umbrella?” He asked gently. I shake my head from side to side, “No. I can just wait.” A few girls walked by us with an umbrella. They stare at our direction and giggles with their little chat.


He went silent for a second and then added, “I can walk you home.” He finished his offer with a bright smile. I guess I do look lonely.  His beautiful brown eyes are shiny waiting for my response. My foot lift up and step over the line and into the rain.


Kevin till his umbrella towards me. The umbrella is  like the embraces of a mother hugging me from the back and the side. We take our step and walk out the school entrance.


We stick close as we travel through the street. I can smell Kevin’s blood every time I turn to my right. He neck is on my eye level and I can heard his heartbeat when I am next to him. I really hope I don’t loose control.


“Dara.” His lips moved calling my name. “So you are the Night Cat? The girl with the mask?” He swallow after the question. I turn my head down facing the floor. Unable to avoid the pool of water that wet my shoes and socks. I answered without looking at him, “Yes. I started to sing when I moved here. That is my secret, so don’t tell anyone.” He winked and smiled showing his white teeth, “I am best at keeping secrets.”


Dara... Dara....


Then there is a male voice playing my head. Someone is calling for me. I stop my footsteps and start to look around. This is raining cats and dogs, I can’t even see the street in front of me..


“What is it?” Kevin followed my move. There is a confuse look on his face. The voice kept repeating itself. My six sense tells me that is Eli and I am never wrong. A part of me felt excited and a part of me felt scared.

“Wait. Please,go home first. I have to go somewhere.” I pat on to Kevin’s arm with a fake smile. He can’t come near vampires. If I like his blood who knows that the others think.  “Thank you for your umbrella.” I run out and disappear in the heavy rain before he can catch me.


I followed the voice in my head and found myself outside a normal house. There are fence around it so I stopped my tracking. A two stories house there is nothing mysterious about it. I peek my head though the fence. The front yard is fill with roses in all color. The gardening tools are neatly stack up in the corner away from the rain. I probably went insane think that I can hear his voice. My school uniform is all soaked and ruined. Water is dripping down my face and hair. I brushed my hair out of my way and start to walk back.  


“Hey!” The voice again, but this time is clear.


I quickly turned my head back to the house for the call. I finally found him, Eli. “So you heard me.” He smiled showing his sharp fangs. This time he is wearing a black hoodie and skinny jeans, making him look mysterious. He is standing by the open door to the house, while I am standing in the rain.  


“Come in. I know what you are here for.” He opened the fences for me. Then step by step I enter the house. Eli close the door behind me.


An unexpected environment everything is clean and normal. On my left a big flat screen TV and a white sofa. There are a few roses by the window like the ones I saw in the front yard. A girl walked up to them with a small bucket of water. She is wearing a long silky black dress without sleeves. Her white skin make her look like a goddess. She turn her head to me when I walked in.


“That is G.na. She is a vamp too.” Eli introduces her to me. She holds the bottom of her bucket and bow to me with a smile. I did the same.


“Yo.” A voice from the right call out to me. A guy is sitting in a bar table. I assume that is the kitchen with a clean stove and refrigerator. “What is your name again?” He is the other guy I saw on the ally that day. He had a bright smile on his face, his eye curved into half moon make him look like an animated smiley face. There is a bottle of water in his hand.


“Dara.” I reply giving him a suspicious look.

“I am Jinwoon.” He get up from his chair. “So are you really a blood butterfly?” He look at Eli.


“I am sure she is.” Eli walked up the stairs leaving me behind with the two vamps. I seat myself down by the bar table. The water drip down from my uniform. I heard the water hit the wooden floor drop by drop.


“I am a Violet Blood.” Jinwoon walked up to me and hand me a bottle of water and a cup of coffee. “I think I have enough of water.” I reject his offer. He laughed and snap open the cap, then place it on the counter. “What is a Violet Blood?”



“There are four types of vampires.” Jinwoon started his explanation. “Violet blood can only drink vampire blood and we can heal human. Butterflies can mark and have their own individual unique power. However, hunters are their weakness.” I went blank with just that first sentence.



“Jinwoon, I think you lost her.” G.na walk to us with a white dress in her hand. “You will get it as time goes by.” She had a really soft voice that can warm the room.


“Fine.”Jinwoon take a sip from his cup of coffee, “This house is a place for me, G.na, Eli and his marks. You can come in when you have any questions about yourself.”  Marks? G.na hand me the white dress and bring me to the bathroom. I slip out of my wet uniform and put on G.na’s white dress. I grab the new white towel that is hanging on the sink and use it to dry my hair.


Vampires. I never thought there would be such creatures in the world. I knew nothing about myself.


I open the bathroom door and Eli is waiting by the door. “G.na will dry those uniform before you leave. Here is your key to the house.” He drop a silver key in my hand.
“Wait.” I grab on his shirt before he walk away. “What do I need to do?”


He ponder of a second and continues, “Have you drink blood before?”
I shake my head without a thought, “Not a single drop.”

“Then that would be hard for you to start to using your power.” He sighed and start to explain in my dept, “Vampires usually have started to discover their power at young age. Their eyes and fangs changes when using basic power. For blood butterfly, if you don’t have human blood in young age it will be hard to unlock to your power. Another way to get the power started....”


His words brought me back to the scene three days ago, when I helped Kevin. “But my fangs can grew and my eye turn red.” I questions myself. He paused in surprised and look at me.

“You said you never drank blood before.” His eyes is pin on me.

“I never. That day my friend is bleeding and I smell his blood. Then I just feel this heat inside of me...” Eli grab on my shoulder. I stop my talking.


His eyes grew wide and grab me my shoulder,“He could be your blood connection. His blood will make you strong. He is useful.”I can hear the excitement from him grew with each sentence. My eye brow furrow in and I push his hand away furiously.
“You are telling me to drink his blood even if he is not willing to?” I felt my stomach twisted.

“Most human liked when vampires take their blood. Especially with blood connections.” I lean against the wall. I dislike his attitude by separating human and vampire so definitely.

“Don’t describe my friend like an object. I am going to go. Thanks for the information.” I grab all my stuff and head toward the door.


“Dara?” I bow goodbye to Jinwoon and G.na and storm the house without an umbrella.


Kevin

I stood there with my umbrella waiting for her. After a while, the door opened. Dara is in a white dress with her bag and wet uniform in her hand. Her eyes grew when she saw me.

“Kevin! What are you doing here?” She open the fence and pull me away as fast as she can. I turn my head and there is a guy, who is wearing a black shirt, standing in the rain. We speed on as his shadow fade in a distance.


Dara stop in front of her house. The rain had stopped too. I close the umbrella and greet her goodbye, but before I can leave she pull on my shirt.

“Kevin! We are friends, right?”
“Yes.” I answer without hesitation.
“Promise, me don’t go near that house.” The word worry is printed clearly on her forehead.
“Ok. I won’t.” She smile in relief from my answer.

I took the road home as she wave goodbye.


“Oppa!” A little voice called for me, when I open the old wooden door.
“Oh. Eunha. How is your day?” I picked up my little sister, who is five years old.
“I am great. Oppa, mother is still sick.” She said innocently. My mother have been sick since two years ago, when my father vanished from our life. I let Eunha down and walked to my mother’s room.

A small room that can only fit in a bed. The bed sheet is in a light blue color and have little flower print on it. Mother is laying on top of it without a blanket and as always she is in her pajamas. I pick up a thick blanket from the side and carefully cover her shoulder.

“Kevin.” Her weak voice called my name. I dislike my mother. I dislike her for being like she is lifeless. I dislike her for letting me do all the job. I hate her for being so weak. I hate her that she can’t get over the death of my father. However, I love her for being my mother. She sits up from the bed slowly and asked for a cup of water. I stay silent for second.

“Mom. Do you remember the story that Dad those us?” I look in her lifeless shade eyes, that sets the fire inside me.
“The vampire story?” She smiled with her pale lips.

“They can heal human from sickness.” I nodded.
She inhales, “Kevin. I thought we talk about this. You are not going to search for them.” Her eyebrows furrow and she closed her eyelids.

“But you can be like this forever...”
“Enough!” She increase her volume and start coughing violently. I got up and pour her a glass of water from the kitchen. She gulped the warm water down like she is dying from thirst. She touch the black butterfly tattoo on her neck and sighed. Both of my parent had that tattoo for as long as I can remember. She didn’t allow me to ask about it nor did she talk about it. Vampires must have something to do with my family, maybe that is why my mother never mentioned.


Butterfly, that remind me of someone.


Dara

I drag myself to school this morning. My whole body feels weak. I can’t even stand straight for more than five minutes. “That stupid rain.” I told myself. I must have been sick. I walk slowly by the hallway to reach my classroom. As they say, smart kid never miss school. Eli, is all your fault. I complaint in my head.


“Dara.” Bom’s voice ring in my ears. She run to me with joy. “Dara!” I can never keep up with her energy.

“I think I sick.” I said my word in a whisper tone.
She bend to my level, “You mean a cold?” I nodded remember the rain and cold. “Did your throat hurt or anything?”
“No. I just feel like I am out of energy.” I answer as she support me to stand straight. My vision became blurry. I saw both side of world take over by darkness. They slowly swallow my bright light.


“Dara!” A male voice calling. I smell a sweet scent in the air like the smell of roses. The smell that fills you with energy. When I lift up my eyes, I saw Kevin. I felt my eyes burn in red flares. Then Bom’s voice distracted me.

“You should talk her to the nurse’s office.” Bom suggested. Unexpectedly, Kevin lifted me up. The smell grew stronger as I got closer to him. I slowly regain my energy. Then I realize is the his blood, but why did I become so weak. Why are all these things happening?

 

“Wait.” I stop him from walking.”I am think I fine.” He let me down from his arm. “Thank you.” I smiled at him.

“Are you sure you are alright?” Bom asked with her worry expression. I nodded. Kevin didn’t say a word his eyes are pin on me. He look like he had drowned into his own thoughts.


Bom run in the classroom and start talking to her friends. I fixed my uniform and step in. “Dara!” Kevin suddenly called me from behind. I slowly turn to him and take a step closer. His eyes trail down to my left wrist. I shove my hand in my pocket to hide my tattoo. He look back at my eyes.
Then he start a subject that make my heart pound nervously.

“Do you know about Vampires?” His grab on my left wrist that is inside my pocket. I feel the tattoo burn and there is a sudden pain expand on my frangs.


Damn it.

 

Updated: March 22, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading :)
Hope you enjoyed ^ ^