Twenty Second Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Twenty Second Storm


Dara

The house is ice cold. The rain flying against the window. Today is not just raining, is like a storm. Wind is blowing the weak tree, thunder roared in the sky and rain hitting the window like million rocks trying to break in.


G.na is sleeping on the long couch. Eli lay a blanket over her as he walk by. I sat myself down in the bar table where Jinwoon always sits. The house is dead. However, now and then a loud sound and scream would appear.


Kevin had locked himself in the room. He wanted to try and control the new vampire power. When he quiet down the beast, the house is in dead silence.


“Eli how many days left till the vampire tournament?” I got up and get him a cup of blood. He had brought them in the black market. It’s vampire blood.


“About a month.” He take the blood and gulped it down. I make the lemon face still not use to seeing people take blood.


“Do you think we are ready?”


“Not with that face.” He pointed at me. “You have to know. Many vampire is going to die in your hand.”


I looked at my hand. There is a sense of guilt in my heart.


“Once you are in the tournament, it means either you enemy dies or you.” Eli’s eye suddenly became darker. “You either become the queen or you become the dead.”


A loud noise from the room startled me. I jump up from my chair. It’s from Kevin’s room. I walked towards it. Eli stop me by grabbing my wrist.


“This is his own fight. If he can’t win, then he won’t be able to make it through with you in the vampire tournament.” He shakes his head.


“How can I bring him to that place?” I furrowed my brows.


“He is your blood source you have to.” Eli explain, “If you die, he will die with you. That is the density of every blood source.”


I stop by the door and listen for his painful scream. Every time something fall or every scream my heart ache a little more.


I can’t help him, but listening his scream makes me sad. I sat on the floor and lean my head against the door. Once he needs me, I will jump in.


I waited for a few hour. He finally stop all movement. I can only hear the sound of rain hitting against the window.


I open the door softly. Kevin is lying on the ground. Still breathing in a deep sleep. The room is a mess. Things is everywhere and the have been ripped apart. I clean up the things that I can and pull Kevin up the bed.


His shirt is ripped and blood stained the cloth. I clean his injury and cover him with a soft blanket. I sit next to him smoothing his hair and watching him sleep soundly.


I didn’t desire any blood from him. Even if he is not my blood source, I will still love this man to death. Luhan is wrong. I wouldn't like anyone I want.


Because Kevin have my heart.


I don’t care if it kills me to be with him.




Eli

I close the the door quietly. Seeing Dara’s expression, make me realize that she and Kevin have more than I thought. At first it look like is just attraction, it seems like she had completely fallen for him.


I can’t not control someone’s heart, but I will watch over you.  If Kevin ever loses control, I will have to kill him before he hurts you.


I am sorry, Dara. I won’t let someone I like die once more. Not like Sohee.


I left them in the room and walk back to the living room. G.na can sleep through anything. I shake my head.


The doorbell rang. “A spider.” G.na suddenly pop up.


I walked in front of the door slowly and then open it. A girl is leaning against the door. She is all soaked with water and blood. When I help her in, I recognize she is Dara’s friend, CL.


“Where is Dara?” She asked half dying.


I lift her up and put her against the couch. G.na quickly went to get things for her wound.


“Something wrong?”


“I saw...” She pause as she try to catch her breath. “I saw her dad.”


Right then Dara just walked out Kevin’s room. She stood by the stairs looking at us. Her eye brow furrowed and a face of anger.


“I met your dad.” CL lift her head feeling Dara’s existence.


There is a chill when Dara’s eye suddenly grew dark red. The strong power that can make you want to run away just by standing next to it.


“He did this to you?” She look down with her dead eyes.


CL didn’t say anything. Dara came down the stair without a word. She grab the towels and clothes from G.na. Then she pull CL in the washroom. We waited for Dara to take care CL’s wound.


When CL and Dara came back out, CL went to sleep.


Dara didn’t ask her what happen. It seems like she knew about her father. “That means he is still alive.” She keep telling me that sentence with those dead eyes. It feels like the calmness before the storm.



G.na and I left Dara and CL in the room. As we walked out the window blow against the big window and it flap open. G.na run up to it and close it with force. Water got on the wooden floor. I went to get and mop and dry it off.


“We have to stay alert. There are two injured vampires in the house.” I remind G.na as she sits down on the couch.


Suddenly, she grab her hair and lower her head. “What’s wrong?” I asked.


“Someone touched Jinwoon’s grave.” She stood up and teleport out the house.


“Wait G.na!” She started running in the rain and wind. This girl knows she can’t handle the wind. I try to chase after her but she is long gone.


Jinwoon

I feel water dropping against my skin. When I open my eyes, all I can remember is the dark sky. Lighting hits in and cracks the dark cloud for a second. I turn and Heechul is on the ground next to me.


He seems dead. There is no breathing that I can hear.


A man’s voice started talking, “You woke up.”


I quickly get up from the ground and next to it I saw a big grave. I am dead, but why am I here. My hand search for the wound on my body.


Nothing.


“What is this?” I look at him with suspicious. “You brought me back to life?” I am still in shock, even a violent blood like me can’t do it. How can this vampire bring me back to life.


“Heechul just won’t stop messing with the death.” He roll his eyes and cross his eyes.


“Who are you?”


“I don’t have a name. They are called me Hyung.” The man started to walk away. He didn’t kill me. But why...


“How did you do that?” I stood up and took a few step following him.


“Switch life with the dead. Heechul gave you his life.” The man didn’t turn around he just continue walking. He is just like a older version of Heechul, but more cold.


“Why didn’t you kill me?” I scream so fully of suspicion.


“You are different now.” He paused and turn his head to the side. “There is no point to kill you.” I stand there in the rain watching the man leave. Something is telling me he is dangerous, but I can’t tell why.


It feels so unreal that I am alive again.


I walked towards the vampire house after burying Heechul. I don’t know what happen when the days that I am gone. Why would Heechul give me his life?


On the way home, I feel cold and exhausted. I am no longer who I am as before. The rain pour down the sky.  


 

There is a girl standing far in front of me. She stood there in the rain. I can’t see her face because of the heavy rain. Then she start running towards me.


G.na


She run to me and loop her hand around my waist. “Oh my god... I am dreaming right now!” She mutter in tears.


“You are Jinwoon?” She lift my face and eye dance around.


I nodded with a smile and bump her forehead with mines. The corner of her lips curved up and a smile light up her face.


She lean in and kissed me again and again.


We held hand and walked back in the rain. The smile on her face never fainted.


“I don’t care what brought you back, but don’t leave me again.” She squeezed my hand.


“I won’t.” I smiled.


“You seem...” She paused staring at me with her head till to the side. “Different.”


I nodded. She is fast as always.


“I am no longer a vampire.” I answer. She stop walking and face me with her eyebrow raise in shock.



“I am a human now.”

 

Updated: July 13, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading

Hi my lovely readers hope you enjoy this chapter

I can't believe my summer is so busy

;.;

Love you all

and Yay Jinwoon is back :) ?