Sixteenth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Sixteenth Storm

 

G.na

~flashback~

“What are doing in the dispose area?” I look at him with suspicion.

 

I was around fourteenth year of vamp age. That day me and Eli, who is around his twenty year, went to watch the vampire tournament. The place where Vampires kill each other to become a King or Queen. There are audiences, like us.

 

That is the day I met Jinwoon.

 

Every year vampire tournament is held in mid-air. A spaces between heaven and earth. That year is around the 101th King and Queen’s win. There is a open field that is too large to even see the end. Then there are walls and stairs around it. Most people who go there to watch are vampires that are in training for the next King and Queen. Some go there as a type of entertainment. We went for entertainment.

 

There are all types of vampires on the field. Eli told me that as more of them dies out the area will shrink on its own. We both sat by the stair that is looking down on the vampires on the field. Eli and I were like brother and sister. He saved me from a fire building. Before that I was a lost kid around the street and nothing sad about it cause I like how I live.

 

The boy replies with fear and gave me harsh look, “Go away!” He groaned.  He is sitting around dead vampires fill with blood. He claw the corpus over and seems to be finding someone. I estimated his age around eighteen or nineteen. His face is cover with blood and horror. Then suddenly he started to cry and tears wash down the blood.

 

“Who is this?” Eli walk to me.

 

“Some guy.”I said coldly. “He is a Violet Blood.”  

 

Eli squat down and reach out his hand to the boy. The boy flinched and back away. “You want to come with us?” Eli said with a smile. The boy look him and exchange looks with me.

 

We turn to a staring contest for a while. I keep my face still and emotionless. Then he nodded slowly. “What is your name?” Eli asked, just like the day he saved me.

 

“Jinwoon. Violet Blood, element of healing earth.” The boy said and turn me again. He gave me light smile. Then the rose that represents him turn into a different color. “and you are rose.” He looks at me with the watery eyes.

 

“G.na, call me G.na.” I pout.

 

~end flashback~

 

When we got back to the vampire house, I found the blue rose. The petals had fell off from the flower. I pick them up one by one and lay them near the rose.

 

“Why is that one blue?” Eli touch my shoulder to comfort me.

 

“This is Jinwoon’s rose. The day I met him it turn blue. It means he is my protector.” I felt the hot tears running down my face. Like a brother would Eli gave me a hug and pat on my back. “I will bring him back. I will and you two can end the suffering of being a vamp.” He sound a little angry.

 

“No more loneliness, no more heart breaking. Live as a human with him.” He said and shuffle my hair. “I will become the king and ask the Goddess to fulfill that wish.”  He is talking about the opinion after winning the vampire tournament. You get to become King and Queen or you can request for one wish. No one had asked for a wish in vampire history. Eli and Dara will be the first to do that.

 

“Thank you.” I heard myself repeats.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Heechul

“Emotion is killing you!” The man scream furiously.  They pin me on the ground like I am a meat pack. Those people are all vampires. I don’t remember any of their names, but they are all strong and tough vampires. The man who is sitting behind a blind sheet is my master. He had been controlling a millions of human kids and put vampire blood in them.

 

We are lab vamp.

 

Our purpose is to kill all the blood butterfly.

 

I was train to be a killing machine with no emotion. Until, I meet Sohee.

 

“A weak human like you want to protect a vampire. Your blood with the vampire can’t even mix well. That is why your body is in pain trying to fight your other half. What make you think you can protect her?” He spit on the floor. I never seen his face before, but I know his voice.

 

I am a human, a experiment. They put in vampire blood in me since I was a baby. I am not a Hunter. I am just a fake vamp.

 

Lately, the vampire blood inside of me is killing the human me. My master use violet, spider, and hunter vampires’ blood to create a human us.

 

The reason is we are easier to kill. Us, the lab vamp, will rely on them to stay alive.

 

I am one of his toy.

 

“Please, save Sohee.” I beg on me kneel still feeling the pain in my bones.

 

“Save her?” His voice raise, “You need to know your position. You are a human trained to become a vampire. I gave you more than your god can. Now you are asking me for more?”

 

“I killed one of their helper.” I lower my head. My master is the strongest vampire I have seen he can crush me without moving a finger. The worst is he can destroy Sohee’s body and she can never come back to life. I look to my right saw Sohee’s corpse lying on the floor.

 

“You save this girl who is my enemy. I gave her one life and thats it.” He groan like an animal. “Chop her body apart.”

 

“No. Wait!” I quickly scamper over to Sohee throw my body over, so they can’t pull her away.

 

“I will take them down. I will! Give me a month, slice my throat if I can’t.” I scream to master’s shadow.

 

“I need your to take down those two blood butterflies in a month. If you don’t, both of you will be chop into pieces and turn into ashes.” His red eyes grow behind the blinds. I am shaking from the horror. I have seem my master kill before. He doesn't just kill, he torture. All his hated enemy were keep alive as they are dying.

 

I nodded. Then a male vampire came behind me and wrote something on Sohee’s arm. Air flow around her and then Sohee’s eyelid opens. It is magical. Just like Jinwoon, that vampire can bring vampire back to life. I believe is much stronger that Jinwoon’s power. People call him the immortal god of the Violet blood.

 

“Hyung.”I looked him. He is the only person I call Hyung. The reason is he trained me from when I was a baby to now. However, he never shows me a smile. Never.

 

I lift Sohee up and slow walk out the dark place. She is looking at me with a solemn face. On the way out she didn’t say a word. I jump on top the roof trying to get to our hiding spot as fast as possible so she can rest.

 

“I am sorry.” I grip on her arm as I jump between the lower roof to the higher one.

 

“It’s not your fault. The last life just ran out.” She touch the weird looking  symbol on her arm.

 

That is thing that keeps her alive. Everytime the symbol changes the shape she is getting closer to death. She knows that too and she know I feel guilty.

 

“Did he yell at you again?” She asked smoothing my face. I stop jumping as I reach an old broken house. I enter from the top of the roof.

 

“No.” I lied, “He just said I need to finish my mission.” I lay her on the bed and quickly find a blanket for her. She sits up, “Heechul, I love you.”

 

I turn around looking at her eyes. I didn’t respond. I shouldn’t too. The reason is I should not show feelings for her. I love her too, but I can’t say it. I don’t want her to use her life to save me. My purpose had change since the first day I meet her, which is the day she is killed by my master’s other pets. My purpose is no longer to kill Blood butterflies. I want to save her and let her live forever.

 

“I will keep you alive.” I try to sound as cold as possible.

 

She stood up from the bed and hug me from behind. “Don’t.” She shakes her head. “I just want to be with you. Don’t trying to sacrifice yourself for me.” She sniffed.

 

“But you will die.” I hesitated to touch her hand.

 

She cries loudly, “I am already dead!”

 

Eli

 

The sky is gloomy and rain had been falling without a break. The rain only stopped for a few minutes after Jinwoon passed away and it picked up again. Kevin still didn’t wake up yet. I sat at the sofa drinking a cup of hot coffee, which reminds me of Jinwoon. He loves coffee. G.na is in her room sleeping. I know her heart had die with Jinwoon. Since the day they met I can tell she liked him instantly.

 

Dara walk down the stairs and exchange looks with me. Her brows furrowed and had a frown on her face. She sat down across from me. “Are you better now?” She asked me softly. I look at her neck, which you can still see my vampire bite.

 

“Don’t do that next time.” I sighed. She raised her eyebrow and twisted her lips, “Why?”

 

“Didn’t your awaken get angry?” I quested.

 

“No.”

 

“They usually do when you give blood to another vampire.” I sip from my coffee. She nodded and we turn back to our silent mood again. It have been a tiring months. We basically all disappear from the world for a long time. No school, no communication and unless fight. I am sure Dara is exhausted.

 

“Do you miss your foster parents?” I put my cup down.

 

“I do, but I don’t want to get them into danger.” She exhale loudly. Then she try to change the gloomy mood. “Anyway.” She sound excited and happy, “My awaken have a name.” She say trying to get the things off my head.

 

“Really?” I smiled, “What is it name?”

 

“His.” She stick up her finger as if she is lecturing, “I name him Luhan. He looks like the idol, who is human.” She laughed, “I did not expect that at all.”

 

I laughed at her, “You know I was with you the whole time right?” She pause with hanging open, “Oh, yea. So that means you already knew.” Her energy dies down and pout.

 

“Wait...” She smiled again, “I start talking to him.”

 

“I know that.” I laughed.

 

“No. I started to talking to him when I saw kevin on the floor. He is trying to tell me kill them all. So I tell him to calm down.” She explains.

 

“And your awaken did?” I exclaim.

 

“Yea. What is wrong with that?” She look confused.

 

“Not even the current queen can control their awaken with one sentence.”

 

We stare at each other for awhile. She knows that there is something more about herself that we didn’t find out yet.

 

 

 

 

Updated: June 7, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading :)

New update :D :D

Hope you like it.

Upvote or comment to make my day "xD

Have a nice day

 

(Hint hint : a story behind Sohee and Heechul)