After the Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

After the Storm

 

Kevin

 

I looked up from my reflection and questioned the Eli in front of me.

 

“What do you mean? Aren’t you still a...” I leave the unstable words slip out my lips.

 

“I am a human, but I still have memory of my vampire life.” He smiled and moved away from the table. He went back to his little presentation.

 

“We all got a second chance, when we are in the vampire tournament.” The expert continued his explanation. “Dara had two deal with the goddess. One of them is let the living ones to have a second chance as a human. Most everyone in the tournament had lost their vampire memories. ” The guy paused didn’t continue.

 

“What about the second one?” I kept my hopes high that she is still alive.

 

“We don’t know.” Eli looked at the ground. “We had all left the place before she did. My last memory of her is she got stabbed.”

 

The man’s eye furrowed making me unable to control my emotion. “It’s not a deep wound.” He quickly ensured me.

 

I nodded.

 

Eli continued, “I had been trying to gather all of us together. Jinwoon and G.na are now working under our company. Kiseop is some how your best friend. Luhan is one of our star...”

 

“Did you find her?” I interrupted.

 

“No.” He lowered his head.

 

I felt ridiculous asking such question. Either of us knows if Dara is alive and asking him this is like blaming him for not finding her.

 

“I have been trying to find her for the past two years.” Eli added.

 

“I thought I had only been sleeping for one day.” I quickly felt in confusion.

 

“You had been frozen in another place. The moment you wake up fake memories were created in the human’s head.” Eli explained. “Maybe is possible that she didn’t wake up yet.”

 

“Maybe I can sense her. She is my vampire after all.” I suggested.

 

“I think your power is limited.” Eli continues. “You don’t have an awaken. I am not even sure if you have power with in you.”

 

I shuffled my hair frustration. I don’t want to live a meaningless life without her. I stare at the blue butterfly on my wrist.

 

Where are you?

 


 

 

I walked around the concert place around three at night. This place is never quiet. After all artist perform here mostly at night.

 

It has been a month since I woke up. Never once I had gave up trying to find her. I watch every concert at night, just to wait for the name CAT to be called.

 

After that I always go into the store, where I used to work to get a snack. Just like every boring day, I entered the shop. A young boy wearing a blue apron greeted me with bow. I smiled and entered the drink section.

 

A person wearing a black hoodie is standing on the fourth machine looking at the price of the drink. I continued my choice and picked up a beer from the fridge.

 

The person approached me and took a can of beer from the same fridge. I turned around and our eyes met. My face froze in the second. All my thoughts had been shutted down.

 

The girl smiled, “Want a drink?”

 

Dara extended her hand to me. A smile split widely on my face. I slipped my arms around her and held her close.

 

“I thought you will never appear.” I didn’t want to pull away.

 

“I am sorry. I had been waiting for you to come back.” My lover said. “Are you feeling ok? Is there anything bothering you, my vampy?” She asked in a sweet tone.

 

“No. I am still Kevin.”

 

We paid for our drink and exited the store. We sat outside and consumed our drink.

 

“What happen to the vampire tournament? Are you the Queen now?” I asked without taking a breath of air.

“I am a human.” Dara smiled.  I quickly realize the butterfly tattoo is no longer on her wrist. She leaned her head on my shoulder. Then she held up my wrist.

 

“I gave you my vampire life. It will last you 80 years. You still have the normal vampire power. It’s just not as strong.” Dara explained. “I could had been dead, but the goddess decide to let me free. I hugged my fingers between hers and tighten the grip.

 

“As long as you are here is enough.” I answered.

 

“I am glad that you are back. That the moment you closed your eye is will be the end. Because I knew that I couldn’t kill another vampire again.” Dara continued.

 

I turned my head  to her level and planted a kiss on her lips. She responded back to my movements. The sweetness and softness lingers on my lips as we pull away from each other. A smile shines from her face.

 

Even if we are different creatures now, nothing can separate us anymore.

 

Dara

 

“Mom! I am going to work now.” Dara screamed from her room as she stuffed the last bite of her sandwich into . In a hurry, she slipped her right shoe on and then the left.

 

“Tell Kevin that I said don’t you dare to go to work by jump through the roof!” Elizabeth, my lovely mother, shouted from the living room. Since the day, I came back from the tournament they had been treating me like a child.  But what parent doesn’t.

 

“Ok. OK.” I laughed.

 

I climbed up the window. The wind blow against my jet black hair. A butterfly was standing on the roof waiting for me. He rotated upside down and lean in for a kiss.

 

I trace his well define jawline and gently gave him a morning kiss.  A smile brighter than the sun had lighted up his face.

 

Kevin spread the coat wings at his back and hugged me up in the princess style.

 

“My queen. Where shall we go?” Kevin joked.

 

I giggled, “Anywhere.”  

 

He smiled and flew up into the air.

 

The blue butterfly reached the sky.

 

My heart had been heal by the rain. Revenge did not bring me far in this journey.  Love and friendship supported my back, so I was able to stand up and cherish. The vampire power had cause for my mother and father’s death. It had cause greed and corruption. It left lonely soul and unfill dream. It created a different world. Most importantly, It saved my lover.


 

Even though the vampire world had ended, there is still one mystery being in the world. That is myself.



My will to live, to fight is the strongest power.

 

 

 

 

-End-

 

Updated: January 30, 2014

LovebeingaELF

Thank you so much for reading

I love all the supports from the beginning to the end.

I had worked so much for this story. :) All these a worth it.

I will see you on the next story.

 

Thank you for tagging along with this advanture.