Thirteenth Strom

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Thirteenth Strom  

 

Dara


The awaken pause for a while. I watch the wings flap in a continuously pattern. It raise the sword in its hand and fly towards me. I turn quickly and put both of my hands  on the side of the black sword as it slip smoothly between my palm.  With my back, I block my awaken from move forward. I elbow it in the stomach and grab it by the wrist then flip it over. However, it didn’t fall to the ground. The blue thing release the other hand on the sword and stable itself from my attack.


I quickly jump back to increase the space between us.  My close up attack won’t work for long. The awaken started to lit itself with fire causing me unable to get close to it.


“Uses your nails.” Eli recommended.


“My nails?” I stare at the short nails and suddenly thought of the taste of Kevin’s blood. I fell my eyes grew hotter and watch those nails extend with in few second.


The awaken jump forward  with a burning fire in its hand. It throws the fireballs like a grenade. I slide the sword against it  and the fireball spill then fell to the ground. I almost couldn’t believe my eyes because a field of fire lit up around us. It seems like every move the Awaken did had already planned out.


We are standing in the middle of a sea of fire. I raise the sword in my hand furiously drive towards the awaken. The black sword in my hand suddenly vanished and the awaken grab me by the neck. With fast reaction, I strike it with a few hit punches and it let lose my neck. With a return, I quickly lift the Awaken’s arm and throw it out in the sea of fire. Those years for karate become useful now.


Pain hit my brains as I realize the burns on my hand. The heat is rising around me, every oxygen in the air. The awaken stood up and fire traced up its body, the black went back to its hand.


“It’s no use to take the sword from it.” Eli’s advices travel by the ears, “Try to use your surrounding.”


He is right. Since is my imaginary world, I guess that is my only advantage.


The awaken flew up to the sky and shoot down to attack me. I extend my nails and defence myself as the black sword’s edge slide against the nails. I am not strong enough to push the awaken away. Fire started to burn against my pant and shoe.


I can’t get out of this fire trap.  Use my surrounding, but how... Sh*t, why is this thing doing this to me... How dare it to live in the world I create and treat me like I am some weak girl.


How dare you...


“HOW DARE YOU!” I scream on the top of my lungs and the awaken seems to be able to understand me. I slid my nail and it was push away far. The fire still burning against my pant and touch my skin, but I ignored. The awaken roar back at me in an animal like tone. It increase the speed and bin me to the ground, where fires are trying to devour my skin. A hot heat against my throat.


I stare at the bright sky, thought about the flower pond that I first saw before. Image the details and every single petal of flower slowly form. Then heat around me quickly fade away. I smack the awaken by the neck, it flew to my left. I quickly got up on my knee and realize I am surrounded by flowers instead of fire.


“Is my imagination. There are things that you can create to tame this beast.” I smirk looking at the flowers. The awaken growls like a dog.


It touch the ground and sudden a million butterfly rise from the dirt they are cover with blue fire. They took over the place and start to huddle towards me. One of them land on my shoulder, the shirt quickly burn into a hole. I flick it off me, then I can see my skin is already burn off. I jump back  as the butterfly huddle to me. The awaken attack me from the side as I move from spot to spot.


I can create rain, like Kevin’s power did. It seems like the awaken is scared of it.


“Dara, you can’t.” Eli reading my mind, “You can’t. You don’t want to kill your awaken. If it dies, you die too.”


“What!” I block an oncoming attack from the side.


“That is why your Awaken didn’t just kill you. Because it need you to be alive, then it can take over  your body.” He explains.


I need a trap. The sword slash against my skin and I jerk back. Then the butterflies storm my back burning my skin. Quickly, I escape from their counter attack.


The sound of rocks hitting against rocks, the earthly smell , the smooth surface, the heaviness of the weight.


A trillion of rocks drop from the sky and hitting the ground. The rock hit against the some of the butterflies and bury it under with the weight. The awarke swing the sword and cutting the rock as if is soft fruit. When the rock rain stop, only a few butterfly were left in the air. The awaken run towards me holding the sword backward. It swing it around my head. With in time, I bend quickly with a fast reflexes.


I stood back up and without second differences the sword swing back in reverse. In the speed of lighting, I squat and weep my leg across the awaken’s leg. As expected it jump and chop the sword towards me.  The sound of the metal hit against my long nails. I use my palm hit against the awaken. It bend right and swing the sword low. I heard the wind against my ears. Jerk backward and as if I can feel the sharp edge near my throat.


It’s angry now. Too angry to keep me alive.


I took a glimpse across the field and saw the cave that I was in earlier. The awaken slit the sword with power and the fire around it try to burn my nails. Lucky, those nails are stronger than I expected. I back off as the pattern attack keep on coming. Jump, dodge, bend, back. Almost the same with every move. I take the chances and started to work with my imagination.


Creating the trap in my head and thought of each detail as closely as I possibly can. At the same time, I try to protect myself from getting hurt.


After a few times of repeated attacks, the awaken change its move. The sharp tip on the sword cut against my waist. I almost kneel over from the sudden pain. With one of my hand I press it hard against my wound, I feel the fire burning into my muscle. It’s like that whole part had been hypnotized. I started to feel numb.


I scratch the awaken with nails. It back off a few inches and move forward again. I quickly turn and start running to the cave.


I hope this will work. Everything should be set now. It’s time to take it down.


Kevin


“Try to close your eyes and think of a sword. Or whatever comes to your mind.” Jinwoon and I were standing in the front yard of the house. It has been more than 20 days since Eli and Dara went into training. While I collected multiple information about half vampires. The last thing we need is for me to bring out my sword.


However, I can’t find a way to image it. Swords are not my thing. Never even had a single thought about them before.


“I don’t think is possible for him to form a sword in a sunny day.” G.na walked out the house in her white silky dress.


“Oh, come on. Don’t be so discouraging.” Jinwoon lift up the book in his hand. “It saids there are possibility for them to summon their sword without the existence of their elements.” He stick his tongue at her. She roll her eyes at his silliness.


“Kevin. To control vampire power require a lot of imagination. They need to have a good thought on a object in order to use them fluently.” G.na look to the right as the rose whirl up from the ground. Jinwoon turn and bring out a bucket of water for me. We kept trying for the next few hour but it didn’t work.


The sun already went down as the night approach. Jinwoon got bored and went to take his nap. G.na is watering her rose in the front yard with me. I stare at the transparent water moving with the wind, but nothing came to my mind.


“Take a break, Kevin.” G.na sighed, “It’s harder for you because you are basically a human. I am sorry if I discourage you. There is something you and Dara need to know. A mark is every vampire’s weakness.”


I turn to G.na looking at her with a still face. She is very straightforward. “Stab me.” I stood up. She took a step back and gave me you are crazy look.


“I need the rain. I can take a good look at my sword. I need to become stronger. Being weak is no long my option.”



G.na hand me her sword and walk back inside. I stare at the sword and raise it to my arm, the place where I was hurt a few days ago.  My teeth clench together and hand form into a fist. I feel the sharp edge and pain reach my brain. Then the sky reacts with clouds gather. Just like that rain pour down from the sky. I drop G.na’s sword and close my eyes. Both of my hand reach out as if I was collecting rain.


Drop by drop it hit my hand. Transparent, clear, refresh, cold and the smell of nature.


Then I felt a cold metal against my hand.


Maybe this is why my mother never told me about vampires, there is a split second that I wish I was a full vamp.


Dara


I disappear into the darkness as I enter the cave. The blue light creature follow. Just like Eli said it can’t feel my existence because this is my world. However, the awaken is in hundred percent alerted mode. I raise my speed  attack it from the back push it towards my trap. It’s fast sword quickly flip to the back blocking my attack. I jump back into darkness. Then attack from top, it took a step back and swings the sword in a wrong direction.


I took a step closer lift it by the elbow, twist the hand. The awaken let go of the sword. I quickly grabs it and it quickly vanished. I take the chance jump back into darkness. The awaken light the room a little brighter, but luckily unable to see me.


I pick up a rock and throw it to the middle of the cave. The blue thing turn quickly facing the place. Step by step, it walk into my setup. Just like a tiger waiting for its prey. I lower my injured body waiting for it to get closer.


I swing my sharp nails against the rock that supports the cave. The sound of falling rocks and dusk take over the place. The whole cave crumble onto the ground. I escape out the place and saw the glass cage that I created followed.


“Yes.” I said it under my breath.


“What is that glass box?” I heard Eli asking.


“It’s my trap. I remember the thin top and a small crack when I was escaping from the awaken.” I explain, “So I take the advantage and create a big transparent glass box on top. Then I lead the awaken and trap it down. Most importantly, that’s the awaken’s weakness.”  


“Weakness?”Eli sounds surprise.


“Fire, no matter how strong it is. Without oxygen is nothing.” I leap over the bumpy rocks and reach the awaken.


Its on the ground, pushing away the heavy rock. The fire on its body disappear. The thing throws a violent punch at the glass walls. The glass still as before not a single crack. It’s getting weaker and weaker. The awaken started to breath heavily. It press it’s hand on the wall and groar with rage and anger.


I keep my face still.


It drop to the floor try to dig its way out, but is already seal with glass. The blue wings behind it’s back turn black and turn into ashes. It screams again banging on the glass.


“You are powerful.” I interrupted its panic. The awaken lift up its head as if it heard me. It stops moving and stare at me.


Slowly, I pressed my bloody hand against the glass. My eyebrows knit together. “But I am the owner of this world and you are my awaken.”


“You have to know that I am more powerful.”

Updated: May 16, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Update :D

Hope you like it and thanks for those comment : > (Lookhere) xD

Hope you all enjoy the story

I enjoy writing it, just brings me happiness everytime

I think about it :>

Hint hint: new character coming up :>