MISSION 8 : Meet , Daehyun

Undercover Idol , KIM HIMCHAN !

 

Youngjae eyed the man nervously. For his entire life, never he had in mind of having a man holding him this tight with their faces only few inches apart. He found this rather ually uncomfortable for having close contact with anyone, especially someone who shared the same gender as him.

Daehyun gazed him oddly, tilting his head aside and trying his best to look him in the eyes while Youngjae looked away in trying to avoid any eye contact with him. Suddenly, Daehyun pulled his chin and faced him directly.

Youngjae felt his heartbeat getting increase the moment he felt Daehyun’s thumb slightly touching his lips. He gasped silently when Daehyun leaned closer but he quickly closed his eyes, pursing his lips. He held his fists tightly, enduring whatever circumstances that will ever happen right now.

But, nothing happened. It felt like a few seconds passed until he heard a sudden ‘snap’ sound in front him. He opened his eyes and noticed Daehyun was only a meter away from him; catching his picture with a phone.

“What the….” Youngjae’s face immediately turned into a frown.

“Aww….look at that, you looked so awfully cute with that face, Youngjae-ah! Haha! Yahh…..this picture looks good for my screen saver, don’t you think?” Daehyun grinned widely and showed him the picture he just took. Youngjae blushed when he saw his expression in the screen; he looked like someone who was waiting for a kiss from someone with his body straightened up. Ohh God….

Youngjae tried to grab the phone but Daehyun pushed him away as he kept struggling in getting the phone. “Yah! Delete that right away! I’m not kidding!” he exclaimed.

“Don’t worry, I won’t spread this through the internet anyway. But really, you looked cute and funny with that kind of expression. Why would you do that for? Haha,” Daehyun chuckled.

Youngjae stared at him with mouth dropped. Is the guy trying to play with him? He barely knows him for a few minutes and now the guy treated him like a close annoying friend?

“Well, I gotta go now. I need to catch a train before I missed it. Catch you later….Youngjae-ah,” he winked and smiled, leaving the speechless man in the toilet alone. Youngjae stood there like a concrete pole, remained motionlessly and unmoving.

“Hyung, are you there? Ahh, there you are!” Jongup popped up his head behind the door and noticed his senior was standing beside the sink with his back facing him. He walked beside him and patted his shoulder.

“The juries have announced that the audition will be over soon and they said the result will be post at the company’s website main page next week. So I guess we can go home now, right?”

Youngjae ignored him and walked away. Jongup blinked at the weird act from the elder and quickly chased him from behind.

“H-Hyung? Is something a matter?”

“What a jerk….Who does he think he is? Just because he’s handsome, doesn’t mean he can do anything he wanted. Stupid Jung Daehyun! I will remember you and I will make sure you PAY for what you have done to me….” He stopped and punched the wall beside him with his left fist hardly that it formed a small crater around his hand. Jongup shocked by the strength and looked at him in horror.

Youngjae didn’t pay any less attention to the surrounding and left the backstage. He didn’t realize the people there were also surprised by his action. Jongup didn’t wait and just followed him from behind; he thought it is better to save the questions for later and let the guy cool down first.

Something must have gone wrong to him in the toilet, he thought.

 


 

The next day, it was Himchan’s turn to go for the audition. As usual, he didn’t feel very much energetic to go there since he didn’t make full preparation for it. He tried to sing 5 songs for non-stop in a karaoke shop yesterday but he can’t stand it because of the emotional lyrics in the song. In the end, he quit and left the place few minutes after he started.

He sighed deeply and massaged his nose bridge slowly in get rid of the mere headache. Why did he accept the mission in the first place again?

While he was lining up for the audition and sat comfortably on a chair outside of the room, suddenly his phone rang in his pocket. “Hello?”

“Himchan-ah, have you done with the audition yet?” He heard Chief Ji Hwan from the other line.

“No, chief. I’m still waiting here outside. It will be my turn soon. Why?”

“Ohh, good. I wish you a good luck and as usual, I hope you get chosen for the audition…” Ji Hwan grinned.

“That’s not really helping me at all!” Himchan whined.

“Fine, I was joking. Sorry….anyway, just get in there and do whatever you can. Tae Sung will take care of the rest for you. Just don’t worry too much, okay? Take a breath and let out all the worries….”

“Ohh, you’re a counselor now? Easy for you to say! I have to embarrass myself in front of the juries of not being able to do as what has been told in the resume you had handed to them. Genius….” he still remembered what he had read in the resume.

“Trust me. Everything will be alright, okay? I hang up now….”

“Chief!” Himchan looked at his phone in annoyance, wondering why the old man always hung up before he can reply back. He sighed harshly and slipped it in his pocket, folded his arms on his chest in grunted.

As he was looking around, he noticed most of the participants wore different kinds of outfit. Some wore dresses, some wore fancy clothes, and some wore colorful clothes. The girls, mostly, wore pretty glittering accessories that obviously doesn’t fit with their small figures and small faces. But that does not include with the guys too. He saw a glimpse of some of them showing their jewelry proudly to other competitors while chatting with others and some are just dancing or singing purposely in order to attract other people’s attention.

How ironic most of these guys are also the one that does not passing the audition at all.

Himchan compared their clothes with his. Instead of wearing the same style like them, he just wore casually like he used to go out for a shopping or outing with his friends. He was wearing checker shirt and a bit ripped style black jeans. Among all of the participants in the waiting hall, he thought he was the only one who wore casual attire for the audition.

“What’s the use of wearing fancy uniforms like singers when you’re not that talented enough to be one?” Himchan shook his head at the youngsters there and snuffled lightly while glancing at his watch.

“Hyung!” He turned to the voice and saw Youngjae and Jongup rushing towards him. He widened his eyes in amusement and grinned happily at their presence.

“Youngjae-ah! Jonguppie! I never thought you would come here for me! I’m so touched. I felt so lonely in here…..” Himchan pouted and faked a sob. Youngjae and Jongup chuckled at their senior’s act and glanced at their surroundings.

“It’s a good thing that the traffics aren’t bad today, we managed to come earlier than before. When is your turn, hyung?” Youngjae said.

“Number 20, please come in,” a staff calling out Himchan’s tag number after the previous participant came out from the room. He saw a glimpse of disappointment across the guy’s face, which suddenly caught him in nervousness.

“Omo…It’s your turn, hyung! Quick, get inside!” Jongup cheered as he and Youngjae urged him to the door.

“Yah! Stop it! I’m not ready yet! Just let me in there myself!” Himchan exclaimed.

 


 

Tae Sung looked at the lists number of participants for the audition. There are more than 200 of them and to search for the best and talented one was the hardest part of all. He felt bad for holding the audition just for the sake of the murder case investigation.

People were wasting their money for the audition and not be able to join in the company was such a waste. But he tried to think positively about it and take this as a chance of searching some new trainees for the company instead.

But on the contrary, he was doing it for the sake of the company’s future too. Not more or less than that. What’s so bad about it anyway?

“Tae Sung-nim, our next contender seems interesting. Look, he’s got more than one specialty for traditional instruments. Should we test him?” the jury next to him said excitingly and showed him the resume form.

Tae Sung glanced slightly at the form and blinked for a moment by the name of the participant – Kim Him Chan. Now that he remembered, Ji Hwan had mentioned about getting his agent passed the audition smoothly without performing. It will be a suspicion to the juries too if he did that. But how can he when all participants have to perform in front them just to pass it?

“I think that will be a good idea. My friend here knows about Korean traditional music instruments. Maybe he can ask various questions to him instead….haha!” another jury said proudly, patting the guy next to her who she claimed to a Korean music expertise.

Tae Sung widened his eyes at the suggestions. That can’t be happening and he definitely can’t let that happened. But what other choice he had now?

‘Why did Ji hwan put that in his resume again?’ he palmed his face in dismay.

As the door was opened, Himchan hesitantly went in and greeted the juries. Tae Sung gazed him while the others were awed by his complexion. Unknowingly, the juries were hypnotized by Himchan’s good looking features. Tae Sung noticed it and thought of something else. He had no choice but to do this.

Himchan stood in the middle of the room and tapping the microphone gently, testing the sound. “Hello? My name is Kim Him Chan….I’m….a contestant number….20…..” he stuttered, staring at the juries in front him.

“Woo….he’s cute,” the female jury murmured silently. The other two male just nodded and clasping their hands, watching Himchan kept adjusting the microphone in front him.

In his mind, Himchan cursed loudly as he wished he could just run away from there and skip the audition instead. But no, he can’t. He was already there in front of them. He has to do his best and followed what his chief had advised him to do. He sighed softly before he started. “Today….I will….p-perfor-“

“PASS!” Tae Sung shouted, raised his green sign highly enough for everyone to see. The juries stared at him shockingly and glanced at each other; including Himchan.

“S-Sorry?” Himchan stammered.

“But sir, he hasn’t performed yet…..” the male jury next to Tae Sung whispered to him.

“He….He auditioned to me….earlier before. I forgot to tell you guys about it and tell him that he doesn’t need to come for today’s audition as he….already passed it with flying colors,” Tae Sung cleared his throat uncomfortably for lying to his peers. The juries looked at each other again as Himchan just stood there, not knowing of what the result is.

“You passed the audition, Kim Him Chan. For the results, we will announce it in our website main page. Thank you for coming. You may go now,” Tae Sung smiled politely. He told one of the staff in the room to call the next candidate to enter.

Himchan was too speechless to say a word. Is this what his chief actually meant? He even saw the juries were confused for the man’s action but he didn’t say a word and followed what the man said.

“Err….okay, thank you….sir,” Himchan walked out from the room, scratching his head in wonder.

 


 

Youngjae and Jongup waited outside of the room impatiently. They kept eavesdropped behind the door, wondering of what song Himchan would sang for the audition. But they didn’t hear any.

“Why didn’t I hear any song played inside?” Youngjae frowned.

“Maybe they still asked him some questions about his talent?” Jongup guessed. Few seconds later, the door was pushed from inside as they both backed away and saw confused Himchan in front.

“Hyung! You’re out from the room already? That’s quite early….” Jongup watched him unbelievably, gazed him from up to bottom.

“I….passed…”

Youngjae and Jongup shared glances and stared at him. “But, you barely in that room for 1 minute and we didn’t even hear any songs played inside. Are you saying that they passed you for…..3 seconds?” Youngjae widened his eyes.

“Woah….they must have liked you a lot, hyung….anyway, congrates!” Jongup cheered. Himchan grinned shyly by the compliment. He had never thought it will be that easy.

“So, who’s up for some lunch? I’m starving….” Himchan walked to the main entrance and turned at them.

“Ohh me!” Both Youngjae and Jongup raised their hand excitingly. “Since we’re free for the entire day, maybe we can visit somewhere else place together and have some fun?” Youngjae suggested.

“Yeah! Let’s go to the amusement park, hyung!” Jongup pointed at his right, showing him the way.

“Okay, okay…..we’re going there once we have our lunch. Okay?” Himchan smiled at the excitement in his junior’s face. Without facing his front, he accidentally bumped into someone as he merely bowed and apologized to the person.

But he was totally surprised when the person was actually someone famous in the entertainment world – Kim Jaejoong. 

 


 

Opps.....did Himchan just bumped into Jaejoong ? Cool ! Two Kim's family meet with each other and they both are also the visual of their own groups ! Lol

hye , guys. Sorry for keep you waiting. Things just got busy again as I have to make some preparation for my trip to Japan and my friend's request for tag designs. Urgh , I can't focus. >.<

But hey , I'm having fun with this fic. It's great that I managed to update it again. hehe

Well , hope you guys like it. Please do leave some comments after you read my fics , okay ? It's a new rule so follow it. lol jk :P

But really , I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS. If you finished reading the chapters , don't forget to post one alright ?

Thank you for reading ! Senichi_Yamada is under a mission....and reporting for duty. Yes , sir !