MISSION 4 : New Mission

Undercover Idol , KIM HIMCHAN !

JUNG Yonghwa was playing with his guitar, closing his eyes in trying to indulge with the melody while his fingertips triggered the strings gently as he was waiting for someone to come to the office.

‘Haaahh…..how I missed playing with this guitar….’ He thought. Despite his hectic schedule, he didn’t have much time in spending some spare time with his hobby anymore.

He always had the time to create new songs and lyrics during his college days. Then again, he thought of the first reason why he arrived to this place instead. But, he cannot complain about it anymore since it’s too late for him to choose another path.

Sometimes, he had to work for night shift and sometimes he had to work for the whole day which is really tiring. This is his life now; a life as a cop. He sighed reluctantly by the thoughts and leaned lazily on the wall behind him.

“Morning~”

Yonghwa turned to his right to see Himchan was greeting some of their colleagues in the office before approached him.

“Morning, Himchan-ah~” Yonghwa grinned as he slightly stood up and faced the other.

“Morning, hyung….wassup?” Himchan smiled.

Yonghwa tilted his head aside and looked at the other side by side, checking at the guy’s condition oddly. Himchan chuckled at the weird man and folded his arms on his chest.

“Yah, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I thought something bad might happen to you since you’re being gloomy last night. So, how was it? You and…the chief?” Yonghwa asked and looked at him curiously.

“We’re fine.....really. He was just lecturing about my bad behavior, that’s all. Nothing serious happened. Haha…” Himchan grinned.

“But I can hear his voice loud and clear from outside….are you sure he was just lecturing you like that?” Yonghwa cocked an eyebrow.

Himchan cleared his throat and tried to think of something else as he didn’t want to talk about it anymore. “Wow, what a nice guitar! Was it yours?” he immediately grabbed a hold on the guitar and mesmerized it around.

“Yeah, it was mine. I have it ever since I was in high school. I loved to play guitar whenever I have free time….” Yonghwa saw the guy was picking on the strings playfully and amazed by the sounds.

“Wow….I really didn’t know that you have so much passion in music, hyung….do you make songs as well?” Himchan said ecstatically.

“I wanted too but I just don’t have the time. But surely, I had made some lyrics of a song that I wish I can produce one day….” Yonghwa smiled.

“You must have been eagerly wanted to play this thing for so long, huh? It’s good that you have talents in producing music, hyung….” Himchan felt a bit jealous of the guy.

“Here, use this when you want to play it….” Yonghwa gave him a plectrum.

“Ohh….I almost forgot. Usually people used this whenever they want to play a guitar…” Himchan giggled and used it.

“Mostly, they used this for strumming but if you used your fingers are also fine. If you want to learn some basics of playing guitar, I’ll be happy to teach you out…..”

Himchan looked at him in disbelief. “Really?” Yonghwa nodded as it made him beamed happily at the respond. “Thanks, hyung!”

“Haha….don’t mention it. Who knows that you might have a talent in music in the first place too,” Yonghwa patted the guy’s shoulder encouragingly.

Out of all the friends he made, Himchan was the only one that really easy to get close with. He still remembered the first time he joined the team. Himchan is always the one who would come to approach him and greet him whenever they met each other.

Sometimes during their outing, Himchan are also the one who never left him out in the group. His friendly personality is what makes him feel comfortable whenever he was around. This is why he likes Himchan more than any of his friends in the department.

“What exactly are you two doing here?”

They both turned at the person behind and saw Ji Hwan was looking at them with folded arms on his chest, as if he was monitored them the whole time.

“Chief Ji Hwan!” Yonghwa quickly bowed at him and greeted him a good morning while Himchan was giving him an unpleasant look and turned his gaze away as he didn’t care in bowing towards the elder respectfully like the other did.

“Don’t you look at the time? The meeting has already started and you both are still here talking about guitar, music and stuff….don’t you have any discipline about time?” Ji Hwan started to lecture them as Yonghwa kept looking down while Himchan was rolling his eyes in annoyance.

“There you go again….talking about discipline and blah blah blah….” Himchan mumbled. Yonghwa widened his eyes and quickly clasped the guy’s mouth.

“What did you say, Himchan?” Ji Hwan frowned.

“N-Nothing! He said we’ll be there soon! Haha….don’t worry!” Yonghwa can feel his sweats started to form on his forehead. Ji Hwan was gazing oddly at them before gesturing them to follow him to the meeting room.

“Come to the meeting room immediately and make sure you brought your notes along the way, got it?” Ji Hwan didn’t wait for a reply as he walked away and heading the meeting room in the office.

“Yes, sir!” Yonghwa bowed as he roughly forced Himchan to bow at the same time with his hand still firmly clasped on the guy’s mouth.

“Yah, quit it. I hate it when you do that….” Himchan shoved off the guy’s hand and wiped out his mouth.

“What did you do that for? Do you know how disrespectful you are towards someone as high as him? If you really want to keep your job here, try to stop talking rudely about him. Haish….” Yonghwa sighed.

Himchan pouted sadly when Yonghwa didn’t even cheer him up for his case. He just got scolded yesterday and now everyone was on his chief side instead of him. How sad….

“Come, let’s get in quickly before you get scold again….” Yonghwa grabbed his wrist as Himchan let the guy dragged him along the way.

As they get themselves with a book and a pen, they walked into the room in a rush as they earned some glances from the people inside while they’re taking the empty seats in front that probably might have been served only for them.

As Himchan was lazily sat on his chair, he saw a glimpse of Jongup and Youngjae at the back who was listening attentively to their chief talking in front.

“Few weeks ago, a mystery murder case has been reported to the department. The person named as Han Ji Young – 23 years old and was known to be a dresser who worked under agency namely as TS Entertainment,” Ji Hwan explained briefly about the case as he pointed out some of the points at the slides behind him.

“It has been said that the girl who was found dead at Han River in 23rd March 20xx was murdered with her neck being injected or infused with some drugs. However, the validity of the form was still unknown. The researchers are still struggling in trying to find out what is the type of drugs used and for now, it was still under police investigation…..” Ji Hwan gazed at his colleagues as some of them were diligently writing out notes and paid fully attention to his presentation.

He noticed that Himchan was the only one who didn’t pay attention and was playing with his nails instead, didn’t even bother in writing down some notes. He cleared out his throat and continued with a new slide.

“Now, as you’ll see. This picture is Kim Jaejoong. He was the famous singer, model, song writer, and also an idol of a band group called JYJ. He was one of the suspects for the drugs shipment case few months ago but his was indeed confirmed that he was innocent and clean from any kind of illegal schemes. Same goes to his other group mates; Park Yoochun and Kim Junsu….”

“Woah….they’re so good-looking, hyung….” Jongup murmured as Youngjae quickly hushed him for saying it out loud. Himchan chuckled at the younger as he leaned closer to his chair and tried to sit comfortably instead.

“This is just a brief introduction about the case. But what I want to tell you about is that starting from today; we will be dealing with this case and therefore, a special team should be made in order to catch the real culprits for this main case….” Ji Hwan pressed on his remote control and showed another new slide on the screen.

Few seconds later, a huge and glittering slide shown on the wide screen with animated fonts and sound effects coming in its way; triggering the people’s attention in the room and read the big title carefully.

“Gentlemen, I present to you; Team Ace Project~” Ji Hwan grinned as he pressed the remote button for another new slides.

Few pictures of famous idol groups were displayed on the screen such as BEAST, 2PM, Huh Gak, Super Junior, and more. Some of them started to squeal in excitement whenever the girl group’s pictures were shown later on, especially when it comes to SNSD part.

Himchan sighed in dismay. He felt the meeting was quite pathetic as he didn’t find anything that could benefits him at all. How he wish he could get out from the room right now instead of plugging his ears with these noisy people around him.

“So…what do you think?” Ji Hwan ended the slides as he turned off the projector and gazing them, as they were clapping at him.

“I loved it!” said one of the cops.

“I think it’s cool!”

“I think it’s awesome! You did a very good job, sir!” they clapped enthusiastically. Himchan cocked his eyebrow in wonder. Aren’t these guys praising their chief a little bit too much? It’s so obvious that they actually too exaggerated.

“Please….what’s so good about the power point slide show? Even an elementary school student can do that.....”

Ji Hwan smiled bitterly as the cops were exchanging glances by Himchan’s rude statement. Yonghwa was looking at him with mouth dropped, too speechless to protest the guy’s action.

Then, Younjae raised a hand for a question as Ji Hwan gestured him to continue.

“So, what does this Special Team Ace do for this mission, sir?” Youngjae blinked.

Ji Hwan smirked handsomely by the question as they watched him slowly walked in front them. His smile was described a thousand of meanings which is what made them curious of why he suddenly react in that way.

“As you can see in the previous pictures, it was a group of young idols right? For the mission, this undercover team will work as part of idol group formed under TS Entertainment. I already discussed with the founder and he agreed to help us out with this matter. The team will work and lived their daily life as an idol artist….”

The room started to become noisy again as they started to get excited by the idea. Himchan found the idea wasn’t a bad idea after all. An undercover cop disguising as an idol artist – that’s quite rare to find, wasn’t it?

He chuckled silently at the thought but he didn’t have any interest in it. He might be the professional undercover cop among his colleagues, but when it comes to disguising he preferred it to be something that doesn’t involve with entertainment anymore like the last time.

He still can’t forget the memories of him becoming a in a brothel by giving some fan service towards the wanted suspect. He shivered in horror at the thought and shook his head. How he wished those days weren’t real after all.

“I want to become part of the team, sir!”

“Me too!”

“Please, sir! Pick me!”

They were arguing as they all wanted to become part of the team. Ji Hwan just kept silence as he watched them and sighed. “Order, people. Order! Listen!” he clapped his hands in trying stop the noise.

“Listen, I already made a list of the name that would become part of this team. Not all of you are lucky enough to get one since they only looking for good-looking and ulzzang people so please don’t get your hopes up yet, gentlemen….”

They started to quiet down and sat back as they waited for their chief to call out the name. Even though some of them realized that they’re not that handsome enough but of course, they were anticipating for their names to be called – except for Himchan who was yawning tiredly on his chair.

“This team consists of only 3 people. The first member is….Yoo Youngjae…” Ji Hwan saw a glimpse of shocking expression went across the guy’s face.

“The second member is….Moon Jongup….” Jongup’s mouth dropped when he heard his name was called out and turned to Youngjae speechlessly.

Himchan waited impatiently for the last name to be call. He wished this meeting could wrap up as soon as possible so he can enjoy his Americano again like he usually does first thing in the morning.

“And last but not least, the leader who will lead this team is……” Himchan stood up and bowed lightly before reached for the door handle.

“…Kim Himchan.”

Himchan stopped his pace and he froze when he heard his name came out from the elder’s mouth. Did he just call his name?

“WHAT?” Himchan slightly turned at his chief in disbelief.

“Yes, Kim Himchan; you’ll be leading this team from onwards and as a leader, you will be reporting some updates regarding the group activities and schedule that you’ll be receiving during your time under the agency later on so please be prepare yourself and make sure that your team members are ready for this mission. Understood?”

“B-But, I don’t want-“

“If any one of you disagrees with my decision in appointing this position to Kim Himchan, raise your hand….” Ji Hwan said as Himchan turned at the others.

None of them raise their hands and some of them are just nodding in respond. Himchan frowned at his chief and wanted to protest again.

“Good. Congratulation to those who were chosen and the meeting is now over. Dismiss….” Ji Hwan ignored the uneasy look from the younger and left the meeting room. Himchan wanted to say a word but he was rather taken aback by the sudden decision.

He had to disguise as an idol now? Damn….

 


 

Does it turn out well ? Argh , sorry if it doesn't ! TT____TT

Anyeong haseyo ! How are you guys ? Sorry for bothering you with this message again.

well , yeah....as you can see there , Chief Ji Hwan has finally made Himchan as the leader for the project....how exciting this can be , right ? Being part of an idol and solve the mystery murder case along the way.....I would accept the offer even if it's tiring as hell....haha

So anyway , if I had more free time I'll update the other fics asap so hopefully you can wait again.....huhu >.<

Enjoy your day and see you later ! 

Senichi_Yamada is reporting for duty. Yes , sir !