MISSION 5 : Sad Memories

Undercover Idol , KIM HIMCHAN !

 

KANG Ji Hwan was in his room, looking at an old frame picture that he had kept for years in the office. It was a picture of him when he was 24 years old….with an 11 years old Himchan on his lap.

He stared at the picture blankly as his mind wandered back to the memories he had 13 years ago during his first meeting with Himchan at an orphanage when he was trying to investigate on a murder case.

He still remembered Himchan’s personality that time. Unlike he is now who was very loud, friendly, and cheerful; Himchan was very quiet and the only kid who really scares in talking with adults or strangers around him.

 

[F.l.a.s.h.b.a.c.k.s – START]

Ji Hwan walked in the hallway, following one of the guardians of the orphanage in hoping to interrogate with the main witnesses of the robbery case he was dealing with.

As he was in front of the room, he saw a fragile figure who was hugging himself into a curve ball sitting at the corner of the room, avoiding from other people’s sight from a glass window beside the door.

From what he knew, before the robber search for items he wants in the victim’s house, he had killed the entire family brutally in hoping not to let anyone of the witnesses lived. Luckily, he didn’t the kid’s presence in the house at all so the kid was perfectly safe.

“This is the kid that you were looking for. He’s been like this ever since he was sent to this place, crying endlessly and tried to avoid from talking with anyone. We had tried our best to calm him down, but it never works….” The woman said sadly.

From the look of her face, he can guess that she was very pitied of the boy who had lost both of his parents and sister, killed in front of his eyes helplessly.

Somehow, he felt guilty for coming to the place just to ask about the event that has haunted the kid traumatically. He started to think whether he should move on with it or dismiss the idea immediately.

“Is it okay if I try to talk with him instead?”

“Sure, it’s okay. But I can’t guarantee that he will be open up with someone new, especially a policeman like you….” She said hesitantly.

“Don’t worry….I’ll take care of it from here….” He bowed.

As he entered the room, his eyes locked on the figure who was whimpering silently with his body shaking in fear. His heart wrecked at the sight of the weeping child as he tried to get closer with him.

The kid looked up and jolted as he didn’t noticed Ji Hwan’s presence in the room and started to back away, with his back abruptly hitting the wall behind.

“Shhh…..it’s okay, I won’t hurt you. Please don’t get scared of me….” Ji Hwan said soothingly and tried to lean closer. But the more he did, the more the kid tried to back away.

He sighed lightly when the boy began to tremble in fear, covering his head with his arms and tried to avoid from the elder to see him. This kid was indeed still in trauma.

He gently sat beside him and reached him for a hug. The kid was trying to push away, but he tried to hold him tighter and held him beneath his chest, patting the boy’s head softly, whispering calm words.

Soon, the boy stopped struggling and started to cry on his chest again. “There, there….it’s alright, kid. I’m here….Don’t you worry about it…..”

“He killed my family….he killed my parents….my sister…..he killed everyone….” the kid held his clothes tighter in releasing his agony.

He listened to the kid’s word quietly and let him spurts out all the words he wanted to say.

“I was wishing for my family’s happiness….the moment I blew that candles….but suddenly that night….that night…..” he stammered as he started to weep again. Ji Hwan held him closer and hushed him gently.

“It’s alright….you don’t need to continue if you don’t want to….”

Now he knew the event was happened on the day of the kid’s birthday. He solemnly pitied him for having a terrible nightmare at such a young age.

To his surprise, the boy was opening his thin arms and hugged him back in return. The younger started to open up with him a bit.

“What is your name, kid?” he soothing the small body’s back in trying to calm him down.

“Himchan…..Kim Himchan…..” he said under his chest.

“Himchan? Hmm….what a cute name you had. Your parents surely know how to give a good name to a handsome kid like you, Himchan-ah….” He smiled.

Himchan pulled out the hug lightly as he stopped crying and looked at up to the elder with a puzzle face. Now, Ji Hwan can see the real face of the small boy which makes his heart skipped a bit by the cute dark-haired beneath him. He had never seen a kid with a very fair skin and cutely doe eyes that almost looked like a girl. Heck, the kid does look like a girl.

He cleared his throat and grinned at him. “Now, doesn’t it feel better? Instead of crying like that, you should tell your problems to someone instead of keeping it to yourself. It’s the only way to make yourself feel better whenever you had a problem about something….”

Himchan wiped out the tears that covered his eyes and stared at the man blinkingly. “Who….exactly are you, mister?”

Ji Hwan smiled handsomely and ruffled the kid’s hair softly. “My name is Ji Hwan, Kang Ji Hwan. I’m a policeman, Himchan….”

Himchan’s eyes widened when he heard the words but he didn’t back away like just now. “P-Policeman? As in….a cops?”

“Yes, that’s right. I’m a policeman….who was on duty to arrest bad people and stand for justice for the sake of the country’s peace….” He said proudly as if he was the hero of the world, just to cheer up the kid.

“Stand for….justice?” Himchan looked at him innocently.

“Yup. And I’m here to save your day….Himchan-ah….” He pinched the kid’s cheeks playfully as he made him giggled by the touch and started playing with him on the bed.

[F.l.a.s.h.b.a.c.k.s – ENDS]

 

Ji Hwan smirked at the past event. He even promised him that he will catch the culprit but instead, the kid himself had declared that he will become parts of the team and arrest the killer by his own will.

He admired the younger’s spirit as he started to take care of him until he grown up enough to live alone. He sighed at how fast the time flew as the kid grown up into someone he had in mind – but not as perfect as what he wanted.

*BANG*

He glanced at the loud sound of a door being slammed by an angry man – Kim Himchan. He cocked his eyebrow by the sudden mood in the man as he waited for him to face him in front. The guy didn’t even care to knock the door first before entered.

“What is it, Himchan?”

“You know the reason why I come here….CHIEF,” Himchan crossed his arms on his chest, glaring at the elder.

Ji Hwan snickered and placed the photo on the table. He clasped his hands together and leaned casually on his chair before eyed the man calmly.

“Well….what about it?”

“DAMN IT, HYUNG! IF YOU COULD AT LEAST UNDERSTAND MY PROBLEM, YOU WOULDN’T BE GIVEN ME THE TASK FOR ANY REASON. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, HUH?!!” Himchan smacked the table furiously.

Ji Hwan glanced at the opening door to see some of the cops outside the room were looking at them curiously. Youngjae who suddenly appeared before the door quickly grabbed the door knob and make a quick bow to him before he closed it, leaving the two alone in the room.

He sighed heavily and stood up from his chair, went next to him. Himchan was grunted, facing the other way around in tried to avoid from any eye contact with the man.

“Are you still mad about what I’ve said the other day?”

Himchan didn’t respond as he kept quiet and kept his eyes locked on the wall beside him. Ji Hwan knew the guy was behaving oddly in front him for a reason, it’s either because he was in a mood swing or maybe he was sulking about something – so much for a guy who was facing his rebellious age.

“Look….You’re not a kid anymore, Himchan-ah. As a real cop, you should know what the best ways are for you to react whenever you were encounter with dangerous situations like the other day. I’m just worried that you could’ve got killed, you know that….”

Himchan looked down sadly as he still refused to face the other. He felt a bit ashamed of himself. He’s been acting in that way just to grab the elder’s attention and lost to his own angriness.

“I’ve been working under this field longer than you did, Himchan. As your senior, I know what are the best for you and the others so whatever decisions that I made is only for your own sake. I hope you know that, Himchan-ah….” Ji Hwan put his arm on the man’s shoulder.

Himchan pouted as he was about to cry, touched by the man’s word. Ji Hwan has been his idol ever since he was a kid and the man had taken care of him ever since he lost his parents and started to follow the chief’s track instead, aimed to become one of the best cops in the country. He felt guilty for hurting the elder’s feeling unintentionally.

“I’m sorry….I didn’t mean to scold you rudely like that. I just don’t like the idea of what you had suggested in the meeting today and….what you had said about my past life….”

Ji Hwan smiled and patted the man’s back. “I’m sorry, too….I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings like that. I just want the best for you, that’s all….you are my best agent, after all….”

Himchan bit his lips as he tried held his tears from falling down, touched by the words.

“Yah…are you crying? I thought you’re manly enough to hold back your tears, man….”

“Haish! I’m not crying, damn it! It’s just…..the sweating in the eyes….” Himchan wiped out the liquid roughly and breathed deeply. Ji Hwan chuckled by the actions as he ruffled the man’s hair playfully, only to earn another glare from him for ruining his hairstyle.

“Come, let’s go to that place before it gets full by the end of the day….” Ji Hwan patted Himchan’s back and walked to his desk to search for his keys.

“What? Go where?” Himchan puzzled.

“To a barbeque restaurant. Don’t you want to eat your favorite meat? I haven’t treated you for a dinner yet…..unless you were still in diet, though….”

Himchan beamed happily when the guy mentioned about his favorite food. “I’ll get my coats on….”

Ji Hwan glanced at the guy who was dashing out from the room excitingly and laughed at his favorite dongsaeng’s action. He saw a glimpsed of confuse looks in the other cops face when they saw Himchan like that. Glad that he managed to cheer up the guy back.

 


 

BANG Yong Guk was looking at his note book as his hand keep writing all the music notes that came to his mind. While doing some references with famous songs in the internet and his favorite singer’s albums, he wrote his own lyrics down attentively without looking at the time.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

He looked up to see his dongsaeng, CHOI Junhong, who was holding a tray of 2 cups of hot milk and a small plate of biscuits. He smiled at the kid’s presence and waiting for him to sat right next to him in the recording room.

“You’ve been working too hard, hyung….don’t you wanna have some rest for awhile, hyung?”

Yongguk cackled at the younger’s caring words. “Nahh….I’ve been resting for quite awhile now. I should have work very hard from now on since Tae Sung-nim has already fulfilled our wish, Junhong-ah….”

For nearly 6 years of being trainees under the company, finally the founder of TS Entertainment has discussed with him that he will be part of the new upcoming boy band this year.

But since Yongguk and Junhong is the only member in the group, the company needs to search for more new members to collaborating with them so the team will equally balance.

He’s just grateful enough that he doesn’t have to work part-time jobs anymore and had to focus more in making songs and good lyrics for their group upcoming albums.

And now, all he had to do is to wait for new members to recruit and record new songs together in the room he was eagerly wanted to spend with his whole free time.

“Hyung….I’m hungry….”

Yongguk looked at the cute guy who was pouting childishly at him for whining about being hungry.

“Haha….look how cute you are, Junhong-ah….even when you’re sad, you still manage to pull off that cuteness in your face….aigoo,” he playfully pinched the guy’s face as he made the younger moaned in pain.

“Should we eat something, hyung? I mean, we can bring Manager Kang with us to anywhere to eat if you want too….it wouldn’t be a problem, right?”

“Okay, okay….let’s go for a dinner then. You can choose the place for us….”

Junhong smiled cutely. “Really?” he saw the elder was nodded as he didn’t wait too long and rushed out from the room. “I’ll go get Manager Kang for us!”

Yongguk sighed in relief and looked at his note book, realizing that he has been writing more than 10 pages for the entire day. He closed the book and decided to rest a bit by drinking the milk.

“Hyung….” He heard Junhong was coming into the room again. “Kang-hyung said we should go to the barbeque restaurant tonight. There’s a special discount for more than 2 people’s meal today….”

Yongguk had it thought for a moment. It’s been awhile since he had a meat these few months. The sweet meat that always melts on your tongue whenever you chewed it, the moist flavors just move into your mouth as you can’t describe its real taste to other people….ohh, how he wish to feel that once more.

“Sure, why not? That’ll be great! Let’s go to the barbeque restaurant!”

 


 

 

Hello ! How are you guys doing ? Hopefully you guys are fine >.<

One chapter in just one night. Can you believe that ? haha

I just don't know how I did it at Yongguk's part but hopefully you guys liked the chapter. Thank you so much for reading and subcscribing ! ^^

Barbeque Restaurant ? hmmm.....you guys do know that those two had mentioned that if they never met each other in life , they probably meet somewhere like in barbeque shop / restaurant....haha (I totally laughed at that interviews)

Btw , should I ship Himchan with Ji Hwan instead ? lol

If my schedule didn't pack , I will update the new chapter soon as well as the other fics for those who subscribe my other stories.

First and foremost , good luck with your studies , exams, and work and see you again next time !

Senichi_Yamada is reporting for duty. Yes , sir !