All The Pieces

Day By Day

“I’m sorry that you had to go through so much for us to be together, but I’m so happy that we got to be together at all, no matter how short the time.”

“Jiyong Hyung? What are you thinking about?”

Jiyong’s head snapped up as he was wrenched into the real world by the sound of Himchan’s voice. For a brief moment, he was stuck in the walls of his mind, but in the next heartbeat, he was back to the real world, to the café that he and Himchan had planned to meet in.

“Nothing, Himchan,” Jiyong replied reassuringly. “I was just daydreaming.”

“You sure you weren’t thinking about anyone special?” Himchan teased.

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “Come on, stop trying to focus the attention on me. We met up to discuss your romance problems, did we not?”

Himchan promptly blanched. “I – They’re not romance problems, Hyung!” he desperately defended. “They’re friend problems.”

“Whatever you say,” Jiyong conceded. “What’s the news between you and Junhong?”

“He’s been the same,” Himchan stated bluntly. “There are times when he looks like he wants to talk to me, but he never does. It’s so infuriating. I care about Junhong-pyon, I really do, but he won’t get anywhere with that attitude.”

Jiyong laughed. “As you won’t get anywhere with that attitude. Don’t lose will, Himchan. If Junhong really cares about you, I guarantee that he will start making an effort.” He glanced at his watch. “, I am beyond fashionably late. Gotta catch you later, Himchan!”

With that, he raced out of the café with his latte in hand, not minding his surroundings. Suddenly – but not unexpectedly – he ran straight into another person, spilling his latte on himself and the person.

“Oh, my gosh, I’m so sorry,” he said quickly, frantically dabbing at his shirt. “Are you okay –”

The question caught in his throat as he looked up into the eyes of the person he’s run into. Onyx eyes stared back, and as Jiyong’s eyes traveled, he found a statuesque nose and perfectly bow-shaped lips to complete the face of a very attractive stranger.

“I’m sorry,” Jiyong repeated shakily, taking out a handkerchief from his backpack and wiping the sleeve of the stranger.

“It feels like I’ve known you for years now.”

Jiyong’s eyes widened as he heard a new voice in his head. He looked up at the stranger, who was smiling patiently at him.

“It’s okay,” said the stranger, and Jiyong was shocked to find that the stranger’s voice matched the voice in his head. “You don’t have to apologize; I was in quite a rush, too, so we’re both to blame.”

“I – Um – okay,” Jiyong stammered intelligently, crumpling the handkerchief in his hands. “Okay.”

The stranger laughed – it was a beautiful sound that made Jiyong feel like he shared a history with this person, that that laughter had brought him joy once before.

“I’m Seunghyun,” said the stranger, offering his hand to Jiyong. “Choi Seunghyun.”

Jiyong shook his hand. “I’m Kwon Jiyong. N-Nice to meet you, Choi Seunghyun-sshi.”

“Please, call me Seunghyun,” said the other man.

Jiyong could not suppress a small gasp. He felt like he’d heard Seunghyun say the same thing to him before, but this was the first time he met the man.

“Jiyong? Something the matter?”

“Er, no,” Jiyong assured him, quickly letting go of his hand. “No, everything is fine. I really am sorry that I spilled my coffee all over you.”

“It’s quite all right,” Seunghyun said.

“Send me the dry cleaning bill,” Jiyong insisted. “I’ll pay for it, I promise.”

“Ah, I’ll need your contact information for that,” said Seunghyun coyly.

Without a second thought, Jiyong handed over his number.

“I need to go,” Jiyong said.

He hurried off, blushing furiously and leaving Seunghyun with his number in hand.

Seunghyun went his own way, unaware of an unwelcome surveyor.

“All the pieces are coming together,” said Yongguk, coming out of the dark corner that he’d hidden behind. “And things will work out this time.”

            _________________________________________________________________________

 Kamsahamnida, we have now reached 50 subbies! Thank you for all
your support and love! KAMSAHAMNIDA!!! <33

-Oguu-nim and Kris