Jenny

Demonic

Lorraine turned to Heather, who gave a silent nod and dugged into her bag to take out a pencil and a notebook.

"Shut the lights." Lorraine said.

Jiyong complied to the old woman's wish. Bom didn't like the idea of being in the dark, but Lorraine clearly knew what she was doing.

"Everyone sit around the table and grab the hands of the person next to you." The old woman took the place at the head of the dining table. Heather sat next to her grandma on the right, and Bom was situated on the left of the old woman. She grasped Lorraine's bony hands in her own, and felt the old woman gave a reassuring squeeze. The others sat around the table, their hands joining with the person next to them. Heather took a look around, and timidly put her head down and stare into the notebook. Bom had the feeling that it was not the first time that the girl did this with her grandma.

"Now, for the next span of time, you all will see some pretty strange stuffs going on around you. But no matter what, don't let go of each other's hands, and don't do anything that will disturb the communication. Only Heather can talk. Got it?" Everyone nodded their heads.

Lorraine tipped her head back, her white hair flowing down like a waterfall. Heather looked at her grandma with a worried glance, and Bom sat in anticipation of what was about to happen.

The old woman remained in that position for a few minutes, while the others were dead silent holding their breaths. The house was completely immersed in darkness, and Bom thought it was creepy to say the least that they were communicating with a soul in the Underworld.

Suddenly, the lights flashed.

The light bulbs started to gave of buzzing sounds as the lights flickered on and off. One second the house was dark, the next it was bright, and then dark again. The pattern of the lights turning on and off was like that of a camera snapping pictures repeatedly. It was like little fireworks to her ears.

Her eyes widened, and she looked at the others to find that they were also uneasy with the situation. She turned to Lorraine, who was still tipping her head back. Remembering what the woman said, she sat there and calmed herself and was determined to sit still.

A low, sudden rumble occurred, and it shook the table. Like an earthquake, it continued for a few more seconds, and she could hear a glass breaking in the kitchen. When it ended, everyone held a shocked and scared look in their eyes. The flashing of the lights stopped, much to her relief.

Heather was looking at her grandma intently, and it caused Bom to follow her gaze in that direction.

To her suprise, Lorraine was not in her previous position anymore; instead the old woman was sitting up straight in her chair normally with her eyes close and her brows knit, seeming to be in great concentration.

Suddenly, the old woman started to shake.

Lorraine's whole body started to convulse as it shook violently as if she was an alarm clock. Bom's eyes widened, and she grasped Lorraine's shaking hands tighter. Heather looked at her grandma, with a gaze that was hard to describe.

For a few seconds, the old woman just shook; her whole body bounced and convulsed so strongly to the point that the table started to shake. The others looked on uneasily in the dark, and they fidgeted a little in their seats.

As sudden as it came, the shaking stopped. Lorraine's body was no longer in violent motion, and the old woman just sat there with her eyes closed.

Heather put the notebook on the table, and held her pencil over the blank pages ready to write.

Bom wasn't sure what exactly the girl was writing for, but she held it in and looked at Lorraine expecting something to happen.

Bom was astonished when she heard Heather speaking with a confident and assertive tone.

"Jenny? Jenny is that you?" Heather spoke, and everyone held their breaths and listened.

For a few seconds, Heather's question lingered in the air.

Then, Lorraine suddenly opened and started to mumble incoherent words and phrases. The old woman sat there, as her head swayed back and forth and seemed to be spouting out strange words. It was like a chant, and Lorraine kept mumbling them as if talking to herself.

Bom silently waited.

She saw Heather's eyes widened, and watched as the girl hurriedly scribble something in the notebook. Heather whispered, as to let everyone know, as she wrote in the notebook.

"Who are you?" Heather wrote in the notebook, and Bom looked at Lorraine with shock. Now she understood what was happening as she stared at Lorraine who was still mumbling incomprehensible words.

"Jenny, I'm Heather. Me and some more people are here to help you. Now in order for we to get you out, we need to know exactly where you are. Jenny, where are you?" Heather's voice rang loud and clear in the darkness, and the girl directed her gaze back to her grandma.

All Bom could made out from Lorraine was a chain of nonsense. But Heather seemed to be in deep focus as she stared at the old woman, seeming to be deciphering something.

The girl scribbled quickly in her notebook as she mumbled the phrase to herself and to the others around the table, who were looking on with frowns and shock.

"It's...dark in here. And very cold." Bom stared at what Heather wrote, and waited for the girl to speak.

"Can you see your surroundings? Where did you come in?"

"The mist is thick, the darkness is even thicker. I can't see anything. I'm scared...." Heather wrote, her hand flew across the pages as if it was possessed.

"A red door...I remember coming in through a red door...and there was a hallway full of candles..."

A feeling of deja vu hit Bom as she examined what Heather looked. It sounded familiar to her, but she just couldn't place it.

Red door...hallway with candles...

A frown emerged on Bom's forehead as she tried to remember something, but it was all blurry and vague. And jumbled up in the confines of her memory. She looked up when Heather spoke again.

"Jenny, are you hurt? Is anyone there?"

"Quiet! He's going to hear....he's going to come..." Lorraine seemed to be lost in another dimension as the mumbling became rapid and fast, as if she was in a run against time to speak.

"Who's going to hear Jenny? Who's hurting you?"

"It's him...it's him...The one with silver hair and red eyes..oh god!"

Bom glanced uneasily at Heather as the girl frowned. At that moment, the lights started to flicker and flashed again, just like they did minutes ago.

But this time, it was more forceful and rapid. The lights flashed on and off, on and off as if someone was flipping the switch incessantly. The house was filtered with golden flashes and shadows, and Bom looked to see the others was glancing around with fear.

Bom felt Lorraine's bony hand shook, and she turned to the old woman to find that she was shakign again. But this time it was even more violent, the chairs shook and the table was unsteady as Lorraine convulsed, continued to speak in a fervent chanting as streams of incomprehensive words continued to spit out.

Heather was scribbling madly in her notebook as she stared at her grandma. Bom saw the fear in the girl's eyes as her pencil flew across the pages in a fast-paced manner. The lights continued to flash, as the room seemed to be shaking and rumbling as if there was an earthquake. She heard the rattling of the wood, and closed her eyes as she held on to Lorraine's hand tightly. The others did the same, and she felt someone next to her squeezing her hand in assurance, and it reduced her fear a little. Bom saw Heather frowned, opened but didn't speak, and the girl pursed her lips as she scribbled in the notebook.

"You old fool." That was what Heather mumbled and wrote down on her notebook.

Bom widened her eyes and looked at Lorraine, who was still shaking and spouting incomprehensible phrases.

"You think you can stop me? You are wrong. She is mine, and she won't be able to escape no matter your futile efforts."

Bom gasped.

Heather looked at her, and the girl gritted her teeth as she wrote down the next sentence.

"Bom, it won't be much longer until you are mine too. You better prepare yourself, cause you are next."

The lights stopped flashing, and the room once again was drenched in darkness. The chairs settled, and the table was steady. Everything was silent, the only sounds were their breathing.

Bom looked at Lorraine. The old woman had stopped chanting and mumbling, and had settled down in her chair. Lorraine slowly opened her eyes, much to the others' relief. The old woman panted, and Heather patted her back to soothe her.

"Is everyone okay?" The hoarse voice of Lorraine spoke, and everyone nodded their heads wearily.

Bom was recollecting herself, and she deliberately diverted her eyes from Heather's notebook to avoid looking at the last few senctences.

"Bom you okay?" Jiyong asked, and she lifted her eyes up to find him next to her.

"I'm...I'm fine. Thanks."

"Bom." Lorraine called, and she looked up.

"You should prepare. It's going to be very dangerous ahead."

Bom sighed, her future didn't look very bright.

But, what she saw and heard today from Lorraine was like a wake-up call, and deep inside her stirred a determination. She was determined to rescue Jenny from the Underworld. She was determined to take on the dangers herself, to prevent any others from future harm. She was determined to tkae a stand against him, to fight with her life as the cost. She was determined, that banishing him away and sealing him was the best solution, even if her heart was beginning to tell her otherwise.

She must overcome her own desires, emotions, and hopes; she must put herself on the line to shield anymore person from harm. She must fight, because too much was at stake. Not just her life, but the risks of others too.

If forgetting her selfish desires and feelings would ensure that he could not hurt any more people, the so be it.

-----------------------------------

 

 

 

SO BOM MUST IGNORE HER HEART IF SHE WANTED TO SAVE JENNY AND BANISH SEUNGHYUN. BUT, THAT WILL NOT BE EASY SINCE OUR TOP IS INTENT ON SEDUCING HER XD

MANY OF YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT THE PARTIAL INSPIRATION BEHIND THE STORY. BEARY GOOD JOB :D I HOPE YOU LIKE WHERE THE STORY IS HEADING; TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

READ, SUBSCRIBE, ENJOY, COMMENT, VOTE, AND ADD ME!

SEE YA!