Chapter 7: Cold ice

Rhythms of my heart ...

Preview 

We were at the parking lot already, he didn't answer and stoped walking. I turned waiting for his answer.
He was standing and looking at the ground, he then looked up at me right when I was about to turn back, but the look in his eyes, I saw complete sorrow in his eyes. Whats wrong with him ? He then took my arm and said:
 
-"I'm sorry Sa-ra, I know I'm causing you pain, I shoudln't, but you gotta understand ..."
 
Vroom, lights and honking ... thats how Jad decided to make his intrance.
 
He was driving a black motorcycle. He stoped exactly 3 meters away from me and Ji.
 
-"Right on time, hein?" Jad shouted from him helmet
 
I gave him a quick smile and turned to Ji waiting for him to finish what he was saying. The look in his eyes changed. His face expression hardened and he lessened the grab on my arm. 
 
-"and I was the one appologizing !" he said with misbelief in his voice while quickly turning back and going inside the building.

****************************

The swift shift in his expression startled me, I wanted to say something back but couldn't ; I just stood there watching jiyong's back going to the building when Jad started vrooming with his beasty-toy showing that I'm being late. Don't get me wrong, I do like turbo cars and motorcycles vromming sounds but at this particulare time the sound of the engined seemed like the voice incarnation of Ji's angry eyes. 

I turned back with a huge smile to face my best friend who had nothing to do with any of this and therefore didn't have to deal with my mood swings and anger phases ... after all it was his party tonight, I didn't want to bother him.
 
I took the helmet he was handing me, put it on and rode the beasty engine.The ride was fast, watching the flashing light passing by was a very good therapy, I was feeling way better when we finally got to his coffeeshop.
 
-  "Ready to party ?" asked Jad while taking off his hamlet. 
- "I should be the one asking :D it's your annual anniversary party, you're not nervous are you ?"
- "More like too excited and happy"
- "'Happy' is good, hold on to that." I said with a smile while taking his arm to go inside.
 
We got in, I watched Jad high-five, shake hands, say Hi's to a bunch of unknown people for a few minutes before I finally saw a familiar face ... it was Mae-I !! What is she doing here ?
 
- "Wait Sa-Ra, I'll introduce you to my partner" Jad was draging me towards Mae-I and her boyfriend.
- "Sa-Raa !! What are you doing here ? " she said while hugging me, "and who is this handsome guy ?" she added in a lower voice
- "Sa-Ra, this is Kyun-I, my partner" Said Jad
- "Haha we meet again, oppa !" I said while shaking his hand
- "oh, so you know each other" asked Jad in a surprised tone
- "Yeah, we met through my beautiful girlfriend here" Kyun-I said while bringin Mae-I closer to him "Mae-I, this is my partner Jad"
- "Oh, so your name is Jad, nice to meet you" said Mae-I
- "Ohh so you are the famous Oh Mae-I ! I heard a lot about you from Sa-Ra" said Jad while handshaking 
- " hhh you did ? really ? " Mae-I was already blushing, Kyun-I who must be used to it was just smiling.
 
Jad offered to bring some drinks while we were sitting in the same spot Jad and I had breakfast the other day. 
 
We kept babbling and joking about everything and nothing, we heard some funny stories from jad and Kyun-I about how they met, how their partnership started and stuff. I was having an nice time. The music was great, the "decor" was splendid, not to talk about the food. I was forgeting about my "minor" problems once again ... 
 
After a while, Jad and Kyun-I went to welcome their guests. Mae-I and I stayed there drinking and talking; more like I was sitting there being investigated about Jad and how it is that he is "just" a best friend and not a boyfriend ... She went on an on about this for a while before Kyun-I oppa came and rescued me.
 
- "Baby, is it okay if you keep company to my old friends ? They'll be here in a second, Jad and I have some things to take care of"
- "Oh, ok. Do I know them ?" said Mae-I
- "yeah yeah, we met at the club the other day, remember ?
- "hmm not sure, maybe I'll recognize them if I see them.Don't worry, I'll go to the front door"
- "That would be great ! Thanks, you're the best girlfriend !" he said while practicly flying to the other side of the coffeshop
 
- "Let's go get some "old friends"" said Oh Mae " I hope one of them is good looking !"
- " what ? you have a boyfriend remember ! " I said
- "No you silly girl, not for me, for YOU ! "
- "Whaat !! "
- "Shhh, nice sweet Sa-Ra ON or else ..."
- "Or else what ?"
 
- "Oh ! AnnyongHasae-yo ? I'm Oh Mae-I, Kyun-I's girlfriend. He asked me to come get you"
- "Oh yeah I remember you from last time, how are you doing ?"
 
We were at the intrance, right beside were Jad left his engine, Mae-I was talking to the guys from the other day, the Kwon Twins ! Yeong-Gon was the one having a "chat" with mae-i. The other twin and some other guy were both checking out the engine.
 
 
 
-"Ya ! Yeong-deuk ah, do you know who's motorcycle is this ? I need to know this guy, this shiz is dope!" 
- "Here you can ask Sa-Ra, she's a fan, and that's her boyfriend's engine" said Mae-I while pushing me foreward next to the guy that came with the twins, the same guy that was with them at the club the other day, the same guy whom I just left at YG building with anger burning in his eyes... Back then, we shared the love of turbo cars and motorcycles together, we spent most of our dates riding speedy cars, or talking about our favorite engines while sipping coffee. Those were the good old times, and look at us now ... I already sense a fight coming !
 
The guy still absorbed with the engine, turned to me and then blocked, I turned my back at him avoiding his penetrating eyes and went to Mae-I.
 
- "Mae-I, let's get the guests inside"
- "Oh no no, I'll take care of it, just keep company to the fan out there" 
 
Oh no, Mae-I you didn't ! 
 
And she just left me there while "locking" arms with both twins and going inside the shop.
 
So, we're back to where we were, Ji is obviously angry, I have nothing to say, we're all alone outside, the party is pumping inside, I'm gonna have to listen to his dagger-like words thrown at me and then all the happy feeling I had a few moments ago will vanish just like that ! 
But you know what, I'm not going to talk unless he does, ooor ...
 
-"Oh so you're a fan right ? Wait here a second I'm gonna call the owner" I'm playing by his rules, meaning, "ignore" each other, and at the same time, I'm gonna try get Jad here to save me. Hope it's gonna work.
 
I was standing still waiting for a reation or an answer, the guy was just standing there with a numb expression on his face, it's like he was hit by a frying pan on the face. 
 
-"I'll be right back" I said while leaving.
 
I went inside and looked for Jad, he was apparently done with whatever he had to do, he was now hanging out with two gangnam-style girls. As much as I want to see him with someone, now is not the time for that, I need my "knight" !
 
-"Hey, Jad" I said in a whisper "I hope I'm not interupting anything here, but I need you, I mean a guest needs you with something"
-"Okay, is it that urgent ?" he said in a louder voice
 I didn't have time to answer before he jumped finishing his talk
-"Well it seems like it is !" and then he turned to the startled girls "I had a nice chat with you girls, but duty's calling"
 
And then he dragged me away.
 
- "Oh god ! thank you for coming ! I didn't know how to get rid of their grip"
- " what ! hahaha" I said suprised " I thought you were enjoying it !"
- "What ! no no no"
- " Good, now I don't have to feel guilty, let's go; he is outside"
- "OK"
 
We went outside, Ji was still there. He was leaning on the Yamaha, smoking his Marlboro light while dazzing off and putting back his phone on his jacket's pocket.
 
- "Hey there, why don't you joing us inside" said Jad in his delightful tone
- "Oh I'm okay here, I'm waiting for a friend"
- "Oh okay, whenever you're ready then haha"
- " So you're the owner of this beast, the coffeeshop and you're this lady's boyfriend ... I must say, you're a lucky man ..." said Ji with a hidden bitter tone
- "Yeah, well if you look at it that way ..." replied Jad in his most diplomatic way "I heard you liked my baby"
- "..." JiYong seemed confused for a while before he answered "Oh yeah man, that's some heavy wheels you got there"
- "Thanks man"
 
I don't know why I'm doing this, but I'm just feeling the need to do it, after all, he is convinced that Jad and I are together ...
 
- "Jad " I said while holding his arm and leaning on him "he seems like he wants to be alone, let's go inside, he'll join after"
- "yeah man, shake it off a bit, it's a party !"
- "Life is a party ..." 
- "haha, anyway, it was nice meeting you"
- "Yeah, it was nice to finally meet you"
- "Yeah?"
- "Nice to finally meet the guy ... that has such taste"
- "hahah thank you !  You need to come here more aften !"
- "Sure" said ji with a smile
 
We left Ji out there and went inside to join Mae-I and Kyun-I before Jad said : 
 
- "I think we should be together"
- "Hein ??"
- "Well everyoe things we're a couple, even the guy outside thought so ..."
 
I was looking at him with blank eyes, like what in hell was he saying ! 
 
- "hahahah" he bursted in laughter "Chill ! I was just kidding,  you should have seen the look on your face hahahaha"
- "Well glad I made you laugh your head off !"
- "hahahaha"
 
It's been a while since we got back inside and Ji still didn't come in, did he leave already ? Yeah probably ...
 
I was thinking whether or not to go check on him, if he is still there, when I received a call from Seo-Hi. I went outside to answer the phone, I talked to her for a few minutes, we scheduled a lunch date the next day ; she had some issues she wanted to talk about. I hung up and started looking for Ji, I was already outside, better check if he is still there or not.
 
I went to where we left him before. He was there. Yes it was him. He was making out with some girl...
 
********************
 
Hope you guys like this chapter better :)
 
I know it's kinda short, so I'm going to post the next chapter real soon !! 
 
I'd really appreciate your comments =) 
 
 
Here is the chapter's song :