Sin

My Sister's Love

 

It's been two days since Ji Hoo has last spoken to me, I can't find him…I can't even come two steps away from him, he will not allow it…when he sees me he flees and it hurts, it hurts me a lot when he treats me like this…it's not my fault that Ga Eul is in love with Jun Pyo…why do I have to suffer because of her? I just wanted for him…to love me.

 

JanDi looked at the bed beside hers and her sister was smiling, even asleep she was happy…she hated her, little Miss Goddie two shoes. She took her hands to her eyes roughly drying her tears and she closed her diary. Tomorrow she would try to find him, talk to him.

 

She went down the stairs heavily, she wore the uniform properly with a face two meters long, she was very concerned with the indifference of her love, of her friend. She was thinking about that when the sweet voice of her younger sister took her back to reality.

 

"Unnie!" Ga Eul smiled radiantly, wearing her uniform with two pigtails curled on the tips, she looked very cute…she wasn't even wearing any makeup and even so she looked so radiant. "I made you breakfast, come on let's eat."

 

"I'm not hungry," she told her dryly, ing her hands into her pockets and going along. Who does she think she is? I can't act innocent all the time. She took her backpack and left home without saying goodbye.

 

Her chest ached and it felt like she was going to crying any moment now, but if she was able to see Ji Hoo... If she was able to talk to him and obtain his forgiveness, that would be enough for her. And like a deja vu the sound of a violin rang in her head, Jan Di looked up and ran into the clearing where he used to practice, if she found him there it was going to be impossible for him to flee from her, he would have to listen to her even if he didn't wish to.

 

But when she got there he wasn't there, the music didn't come from any single particular part, her mind was playing a trick on her. Jan Di placed her hands inside her jacket and imagined how handsome he would look playing his violin, with that serene expression on his face,  Ji Hoo, was the Prince of her fairytale. She closed her eyes for a moment and with resignation she turned to walk back to her classes. She didn't look up from the ground, she was so depressed and absent-minded that she didn't realize when Jun Pyo stood in front of her.

 

"Does it pain you that much?" he asked with anger, "do you like him that much."

 

Jan Di raised her gaze, he was the last person she wished to see, because him and her sister, Ji Hoo was angry at her. The expression of sadness on her face hardened showing strongest features. "I don't have to answer you," Jan Di was going to continue her path, she had no desire to talk to him.

 

"You are not leaving" he said with clenched teeth and grabbing her arm. He gave her a furious look, he was upset. Even after all he did for her, she was still behaving as if they were enemies, what had to be done so that she could see what was in front of her? "You can't treat me like this!" he yelled at her, "After all I do for you. How can you be so ungrateful?"

 

"Do for me?" Jan Di looked at him confused and then approached him. "I didn't ask you to do anything! I have nothing to thank you for!" she answered him with the same aggressiveness. "So leave me alone!"

 

"LISTEN!" he yelled at her even louder, scaring her. "YOU ASKED ME TO HELP YOU AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME!" Jan Di looked very scared, but that didn't suppress her anger. "I'm sacrificing my love for you…I'm dating your sister, for you... for your happiness" he shook his head, "don't tell me that you haven't asked for anything... because you have."

 

"It's not true" Jan Di said gently crying. It wasn't true, she could never do something like this to her sister... but then she recalled the conversation in the bathroom. She closed her eyes with blame on her chest, it was true... She said that to him, asked him... and her sister was enthralled with this OGRE. Jan Di turned her face to him. "And what are you going to do?" the answer scared her, if he was doing this stuff for her... that meant that… but it couldn't be... it wasn't true.

 

Jun Pyo looked at her hurt, how could a good girl become a Harpy? His face showed his disappointment, this was not the woman he loved... liar, spiteful, this was not his Jan Di. He seize his hands and walked by, it wasn't worth talking to her, if she behaved this way. Jan Di felt agitated, it wasn't enough losing Ji Hoo now she was risking her relationship with her sister... her heart, she closed her eyes and her world crumbled, everything fell to pieces, even her body... she couldn't endure any longer and the crying she had contained in her chest exploded, she couldn't handle it anymore… couldn't believe she could have done all this.

 

She dropped on her knees to the ground, she needed to ask Ji Hoo for forgiveness, he was suffering because of her selfishness and she had no idea what was going to happen with her sister... what would Jun Pyo do with her? Her tears burned her cheeks, it was so cold that the heat of her weeping was hurting her, but it wasn't enough. She lifted her face to the sky and she stood up, she had started this, so she should continue… she should finish what she started, if nobody found out she was responsible for all of this, all would be well.

 

When school ended she went to the restaurant to help her parents, but she couldn't stop thinking about Jun Pyo, was he speaking seriously? Of course not, he was just speaking out of pride, that's what he was referring to. The door bell rang as somebody crossed the door and her sister was already approaching her, in the morning she had prepared breakfast and she didn't even greet her… but there she was with a tender smile as she saw her.

 

"Unnie!" Ga Eul cried out shaking a napkin.

 

"Hello" she replied with half a smile. While she made her way to change her clothes to start working.

 

After cleaning the tables, the two sisters sat down to fold napkins, Jan Di looked at Ga Eul's sweet features, she still had those childish eyes, that sweet spark…that was why Ji Hoo liked her so much, they didn't have the same spark. Jan Di was still looking at her with sadness.

 

"Unnie" her worried sister said, "Is something wrong?"

 

"What?" Jan Di didn't realize the long looks her little sister gave her. "Hahaha…it's nothing…" she pretended to smile. "I was just wondering," she stayed in silence.

 

"What is it?" her little sister prompted.

 

"If you really like Jun Pyo that much…" Jan Di lowered her eyes, what was she doing?

 

"YES!" answered Ga Eul with a smile, "He is the most handsome, tall, intelligent and gentleman boy in school, he's even better than I thought," she smiled delightedly thinking about her platonic love, " during dinner he behaved like such a gentleman" Ga Eul looked nowhere in particular, recalling that happy moment.

 

"Yes" said Jan Di knowing that Jun Pyo was only pretending in front of her little sister... but she was happy, what did it matter if it was a lie? Perhaps the two could ended up in love... but then she remembered the expression he had; 'I did it all for you' and those words rang loud and clear in her head.

 

The chef of the restaurant came to get into the conversation of two, he had a certain perception of things and could sometimes provide insight, but this time he noticed something strange in Jan Di's eyes.

 

"What do you think?" Ga Eul pointed with her finger, she wanted to know if she had a chance with Jun Pyo, "Do think I might become Jun Pyo's girlfriend?"

 

Jan Di looked at the chef with curiosity, perhaps he might help her too, he looked at her and felt his accusing gaze, so she lowered her eyes a little, then she directed her gaze to Ga Eul, he cherished both as if they were his own sisters.

 

"They tell me…" he raise his hand, "There is no possibility…" he proclaimed.

 

"YAH!…" Ga Eul yelled a little annoyed, "You better stop playing and go back to cooking…" she turned her lips slightly disappointed.

 

Jan Di smiled at her sister as the chef left them alone again... would it be true? Her sister actually had no chance with him. Suddenly her phone began to ring and her face became really serious. Her little sister's hands began to tremble when she answered and to the surprise of both of them, the person's on the other line was... Jun Pyo.

 

Despite all the doubts that came into Jan Di's head, she couldn't tell her sister that Jun Pyo wasn't really interested in her, that it was actually a kind of favor he was making to her. But pleas are always very effective and there they were the two of them, waiting for her sister's prince charming.

 

"Ga Eul" the two girls turned to see him, "Oh... You brought your sister," he laughed as he approached them and he looked first at Jan Di. "Don't worry, I'm a good guy," he said to her almost giving phrases between the lines.

 

"Hmm…" Jan Di made a gesture and said goodbye to her little sister, "See you at home," she told her swallowing saliva and imagining that he would behave properly with her.

 

"Unnie," Ga Eul said nervously, this was the first time that she was on a date with a guy and by herself. "Yes," she said moving her body from one side to another.

 

Jun Pyo looked at her and didn't know what to do with her, whether to take her to buy an ice-cream or perhaps to an amusement park, she was like a little girl. He lift his gaze and gave it a better thought, if he really wanted to leave a good impression on her, it would be better to do one of those things couples do. He told her to follow him and Ga Eul moved awkwardly beside him.

 

He decided that it was best to go for a walk at a shopping center but the girl stood at the entrance of the store, looking at some stuffed animal machines… was she that innocent? Jun Pyo sighed, he hated innocent girls and above all those who seemed to live in a pink world.

 

"Would you like…to try it?" He asked Ga Eul and she looked at him with frightened doe eyes, "Okay" he wasn't going to wait for her to give him an answer, or it would become night by then.

 

He placed a coin inside and the game began to walk, it was horribly stupid… and the stuffed animals never came out, another coin… and another... and nothing came out… was it rigged?

 

"YAH! COME ON!"

 

He yelled at the stuffed animals and Ga Eul took a few steps backwards, although that frustration took its effects, perhaps even the machine was scared with his cries. But like a champion he got a yellow stuffed animal, and give it to her.

 

"Sunbae!" Ga Eul was smiling radiantly and she shook the little bear, "Thank you!"

 

It was so annoying but he had to admit that she was a very pretty girl, despite all that soft look. They walked for a while until she asked him to go eat something. He was trying to look like a 'boyfriend' but it was something hard to do when he was in love with her sister, he wished to have her here, not this…little girl. They went into a restaurant that Ga Eul chose, she seemed so happy that her cheeks wouldn't stop blushing.

 

"Oppa," she said when he wasn't paying attention, "Do you like intestines?" she asked while she bit her lips, before taking a bite with her chopsticks.

 

"What?" Jun Pyo looked at her plate…was she joking? Who liked those things…they were disgusting. He made a gesture of displeasure as he feel the scent, "I have never eaten that…"

 

"AH…" Ga Eul diverted her gaze from one side to another."They're a little hard but delicious…" Ga Eul felt his rejection…she had committed a blunder.

 

Jun Pyo looked at her and noticed her discomfort, why was he doing this? When Jan Di didn't like him, when Ji Hoo didn't like her and he didn't like Ga Eul… How had this mess began? He thought about it for a bit, he was doing it for her. 

 

"I want to…" he couldn't believe what he was about to say,"try it."

 

"Really?" a flame kindled in her heart, it was obvious that he really didn't want to, then…was he doing it for her? That was a sign! He might like her a little if he was willing to do that.

 

She saw him taking his chopsticks and try the food… she was in awe, he actually did it, her cheeks blushed and her mind gave free rein to her imagination. After that both of them dropped the formalities, he saw that she wasn't so 'sweet' and Ga Eul was falling deeper in love with every passing minute. When they finished eating she took him to a place she loved, when she was little she would go with her father and sister, she always dreamt of taking her boyfriend on a date, it was a tremendous excuse to hold hands and do stupid things together.

 

"Jun Pyo sunbae" said Ga Eul on the ice rink, "You're probably really good" she praise him, she thought there wasn't anything he couldn't do.

 

"Excellent" he told her displaying his skills, he spun around her. It had been a while since he had done such fun things, it was incredible that it was precisely Jan Di's little sister who gave him this happiness. "Let's go," he told her taking her hand and dragging her after him. "Faster," he told her slightly turning his neck to see her.

 

"Hahaha, no," she told him while she took a hold of Jun Pyo's hands, it was fun although she was a bit apprehensive, knowing he was guiding her quieted down all their doubts.

 

Anyone who saw them would say they were a very lovely couple, they would play and take each others hands as they the ice rink. Minutes after they got tired and headed to the edge, he saw her innocent expression and it annoyed him, maybe it was better to be honest with her from now on, they could be friends and get along.

 

"Did you like it?" He ask with some discomfort. 

 

"Yes," she answered immediately and turned towards him, "I liked going out with you, Jun Pyo…a lot" She smiled looking down. "I would have never imagined something as nice as this…" She blushed as she said those words.

 

"Really?" for him it hadn't been anything extraordinary. Only a shopping outing and fooling around, who would figure such a thing?

 

"Of course," she said looking at him in the eye. It was her dream date, with the Prince charming she had always desired, "My first date…" she said embarrassed.

 

"Hahaha…" he didn't know why he laughed, but that girl amused him, she was very innocent and sometimes very silly, but it suit her well with that sweet face of hers. So this was his first date…"I'm glad…"

 

Like a complete gentleman Jun Pyo took Ga Eul home and from the window Jan Di looked at the couple, of course... her sister had fun while she suffered in silence, it wasn't fair. She closed the curtain and went into bed, she didn't want to listen to all her sister said about Jun Pyo, of how wonderful he had been with her and all those unbearable things, she closed her eyes pretending to sleep. Ga Eul ran up the stairs and entered the room slamming the door, but her sister was already in bed and the lights were off…she wanted to tell her everything. She approached her bed and looked at her, she still looked sad... what was happening? Ga Eul was concerned and she couldn't gain her sister's trust, she smiled and settle the bedspread over her so she wouldn't get cold.

 

"Goodnight unnie…" she said before changing and going to sleep.

 

Jan Di opened her eyes looking at the wall, Ga Eul wasn't bad... but she made her suffer a lot. She moved around in bed but she still couldn't sleep.

 

Jun Pyo was returning home when his cellphone rang, he took it out and looked at it, a text message… curiously he opened it and read what it said... let's say his night was ruined. Again he took his car keys and went out to find that person, he couldn't help facing him. It took him some 20 minutes to travel the city and 10 minutes to go in, he wasn't only a friend, he was his best friend. When he opened the door, he was sitting watching a movie…he shut the door and his friend looked at him, he had a gloomy expression.

 

"You called," he said casually.

 

"Yes," he answered him by rubbing his hands. He knew where he had been and with whom.

 

"What's wrong?" Jun Pyo asked taking a seat beside him. Something inside his body told him this wouldn't be pleasant.

 

"You know what's wrong,"Ji Hoo said looking at him. It had been an evening of torture, he imagined Ga Eul smiling by his side and enjoying a nice date... with his best friend.

 

"Stop joking," he said indifferently, that didn't concern him… What he did, was for she... even for him.

 

"I'm not joking," he said to him seriously, "You know."

 

"Ji Hoo," he said shortly, "It's best you forget about that," it was the best advice he could give his friend, that girl didn't even know his friend existed and he was suffering for her…What kind of love was that?

 

"I can't," he lowered his gaze, "You know I love her…"

 

"But she's not interested in you," it was almost cruel to tell him this, but some people needed to hear the cold truth of things.

 

"And you are?" he said looking at him with pain.

 

"Yes," Jun Pyo got up, he didn't know what he was doing, he was going too far. Initially this was to open those two's eyes but things weren't going as planed. 

 

"JUNPYO!" Ji Hoo yelled, "If you make her suffer…"

 

"What?" He said clutching his hands, he was making Jan Di cry, he was making her suffer and he never threatened him. What did that little girl do to make his friend lose his head? "What are you going to do?" He asked him, but there was no answer.

 

Ji Hoo lowered his eyes, he didn't know what to say, it was true he didn't to see Ga Eul suffer, but if she loved him he had nothing else to do, nothing. He heard the door close and he sighed, it was painful, why did it have to be precisely his friend? He looked at the screen and stayed there until the lights went out.

 

Jan Di got out of bed once Ga Eul stopped moving, she was still sleeping with a smile…how ironic. She took her jacket and coat, she needed to breathe, to feel free. She left the house in silence to see the sky, it was dark and if it wasn't for the street lights all would be dark as her heart. Suddenly a light dazzled her, it took her eyes a while for them to adjust and when she was able to see, something, a silhouette approached her and blocked much of the strong light. Jan Di was surprised to see him there, she thought that by that time he would already be sleeping as her little sister.

 

"Jun Pyo…" she whispered.

 

"Come, we need to talk," he grabbed like a bag and dragged her.

 

Jan Di didn't complain or say anything, if she made a raucous her parent would wake up and also her sister, how would she explain to them that Jun Pyo had come looking for her? No… it was better to go with him and see that was wrong with the fool.

 

He dragged her a few blocks down, it was better to move away just in case, he knew she cared about her family, though in recent days she wasn't acting in the best manner. When he let her go it became silent, how to begin? Both of them asked themselves…they just looked towards the ground.

 

"Jan Di…" he whispered turning to her, "I…"

 

"Wait…" She said uncomfortable, something was happening... Since the last time they had spoke she felt different when he was near her.

 

"I need," He said frustrated.

 

"No," she said shortly, "I don't want to know…" she wasn't sure, but she knew that if she listened to him she would regret everything she had done.

 

"You have to know!" he screamed at her desperately. She was doing everything wrong, everything…she was making him suffer, JiHoo, and even her sister was going to get hurt.

 

"I don't WANT to!" she said desperately, "I don't…"

 

Then Jun Pyo brought her body to him embracing it, he wished to have her like this for so long, how he wished she had been the girl from his date, to take her hand and take her out to eat, do all those fun things. Jan Di felt her heart racing when he hugged her… was it crazy? But Ji Hoo's memory came into her head... when she was sad Ji Hoo would always encourage her, she missed having him close... his caresses, no... she didn't want Jun Pyo doing that, she didn't want to feel fragile with him... and much less to feel that her sorrows would disappear in his company.

 

"Let me go," she asked him.

 

"I love you," he told her closing his eyes and squeezing her even more, "I love only you." 

 

"I don't," she told him coldly, but it wasn't true... now…she didn't know how she felt.

 

Jun Pyo let go her and ran away from the park, he didn't want to show her his face full of tears, much less to the person who was breaking his heart.

 

When Jan Di got back home her sister was still sleeping, surely she was dreaming about Jun Pyo... she hit her head and denied it, she couldn't do that… she couldn't throw away everything she had done to get Ji Hoo and now…to fall in love with someone else and precisely that… stupid guy.