Guilty

My Sister's Love

 

Ga Eul couldn't stop crying, even though everybody was staring at her, she just couldn't stop… her whole body asked her for relief after this loss, and every time she closed her eyes, she saw them, the worse betrayal she ever imagined, and that she never thought possible. A few people approached to help her, but she wasn't able to speak to them, in the end her crying decreased and people stopped looking at her, she became part of the landscape of the city, a girl with a broken heart.

 

She didn't know how much time had passed, only that it was evening by the color of the sky, the poor girl dragged her feet and she looked ahead with difficulty. One would believe that eyes dry up after a while, but her eyes seemed to never dry. All she thought about was, why? Why had they done that to her… she walked as best she could, she went inside the house and dropped herself onto one of the sofas. She stayed with her view to the ground crying in silence, she stayed there sheltered from the cold but not the pain. The light from outside dimmed leaving the female figure in darkness, she was so quiet that she blended perfectly into a piece of furniture. The door opened, and Ga Eul heard the keys being dropped into the table, the steps were slow and were approaching her. A hand slipped through the wall to the switch, and when the light filled the room... Ji Hoo took a step back frightened by Ga Eul, who remained in the same position she came in with damp cheeks full of tears. The shock of the encounter was short lived, when slowly she looked at him, her eyes were as red as her lips and empty, never before had he seen her this way. He went running to her side holding her hands, they were cold and they were trembling, and in reality her whole body was shaking all over but because of the distance he hadn't noticed it.

 

"Ga Eul," He said touching her cheeks, he cleaned her with his hand trying to guess what was wrong with her. "What happened?" His mind imagined lots of horrible things for which she could be like this, but none of them were right.

 

She dropped herself forward and Ji Hoo in an act of reflex received her with a hug, the silent cry of the girl filled the room, a painful cry, troubled and worthy of being calmed. He couldn't do anything else but embrace her, rub her back and try to warm her with his body, she was completely frozen, the skin that was close to touch was cold. Ji Hoo's heart was going crazy, what could be wrong with his love to put her in this way? But as much as he asked himself he didn't have an answer, only more crying…All there was to do was wait with her in his arms, he just waited until her crying calmed and the night became darker. By the time Ga Eul finished crying Ji Hoo's shirt was wet, but it didn't matter to him what really urged him was to know what had happened to put her in that state.

 

"Ga Eul" he spoke to her again, her eyes rose to meet his. "What happened?" he asked softly while his thumb drew circles on her cheek, poor thing… even now he desired to kiss her.

 

"They…" her eyes slightly closed containing the new tears and her voice quavered trying to pronounce another word."They lied…" she closed her eyes tightly, her breathing quickened when she remembered her sister. "They kissed…" she opened her eyes looking seriously at Ji Hoo. "Jan Di... and Jun Pyo…" saying that, she broke down again crying. "My sister and my boyfriend…" she said crying and agitated. "How could they? They betrayed us!" Now she was screaming at Ji Hoo who was also a victim, his girlfriend had deceived him with another.

 

The blood in his body froze, how was it that Jun Pyo and Jan Di were together? Jun Pyo was supposedly in love with Ga Eul... without saying a word to the poor girl he hugged her harder than ever, he knew how painful it was to see the person you love kissing another, but he had never experienced a betrayal like this one, Jan Di had deeply wounded her sister…was it worth it?

 

After calming her down he took her to his room, he helped her lie down to get a little sleep, it was night and the girl was still crying, even sleeping... her tears rolled down her cheeks. He stayed looking at her from the door frame, he longed to sleep beside her, hugging her and whispering to her ear that she didn't have to keep suffering because of him…that there was someone else that cared for her and it pained him to see her cry. He swallowed hard and rubbed his face, why did she do it? Why would Jan Di kiss Jun Pyo?

 

Jan Di ran from one side to another, she was on the streets asking if anybody had seen her little sister. All day she hadn't gone home, at the beginning their parents weren't worried, thinking that she was with her boyfriend, but Jan Di knew that it wasn't true. Since the night fell she went out desperately looking for her, she went down town, to the stores and now she was on her way to a park near their neighborhood, but even though she looked everywhere there was no sign of her, and her phone was off. She took her head with both hands, her heart told her something wasn't right, that she was going through a bad time and she needed to find her… she needed to do it. She sat on a bench looking at the sky, praying that nothing bad had happened to her little sister, she had to be alright. Suddenly her phone began ringing, she desperately took it out and answered it without looking, it had to be her…her little sister.

 

"Ga Eul!" she almost cried out with despair.

 

"No…it's Ji Hoo." his always calm voice said to her.

 

He could hear Jan Di's sobs, she was on the verge of crying.

 

"She's asleep," he said before hearing her cry, he knew her concern was genuine but he didn't have the intention of doing Ga Eul more damage.

 

"She's with you!" She stood looking towards her friend's house, but before she could run his voice paralyzed her.

 

"No... She doesn't want to see you," he said half truthfully, and half lying, she had never said those words, but he felt them, it was easy to notice she was hurt by her sister's betrayal and it was better to give her space so her feelings would cool down. "It's better if she spends the night with me... I'll take care of her."

 

"No," she said desperately. "It's not true, she would never say that…I know something bad happened... Ji Hoo…" she begged him to let her see her, it was necessary.

 

"She saw you," He said dryly, it hurt to think that it was true, but Ga Eul had no reason to lie about it, he really didn't know what to think about his friend. "She said you and Jun Pyo were kissing."

 

Her phone fell from her hand, she was completely stunned with this revelation... How was it possible?

 

Ji Hoo spoke to her, but no one answered…the call was cut leaving a boy more concerned than before, not only was he worried about Ga Eul, but also about JanDi, two people who had always been with him were now debating between a betrayal.

 

While Jan Di was agitatedly running by the streets, she had forgotten about everything even her phone. She only cared about one thing and that was her sister. She needed to hug her, tell her that it was not true, lie to her… that it had been a mistake, she didn't want to hurt her…she needed to ask forgiveness for hurting her and to see her eyes, to know that despite how stupid she had been she still loved her, they remained the best sisters. When she was facing the door she rang the doorbell several times, but still not satisfied she began to hit the door, what was taking them so long?

 

Ji Hoo opened the door and Jan Di crept inside the house, before he could stop her, although it wasn't necessary, she completely stopped when the delicate figure of Ga Eul came out from Ji Hoo's room…she looked terrible, her eyes were red and swollen, her hand still trembled but she had enough courage to look at her sister in the eyes. Jan Di didn't know how to start, she wanted to see her so badly that she didn't think of how, but just to do it, now that she looked at her her heart was breaking, it hurt more than to see last time... it was horrible to think that she had caused this to her. She advance a few steps towards her but Ga Eul remained motionless in the door, still looking at her in disbelieve… how could her sister do that to her? How?

 

"Ga Eul," Jan Di attempted to extend her hand to touch her, but she immediately moved back.

 

"Why?" that sweet voice asked her, her sister looked at her as if she were ill when in reality she only had a broken heart, "Why Jun Pyo? How could you?"

 

"Ga Eul, I…" she mumbled as her eyes shyly shed tears, it was difficult to try to explain what happened... it was difficult to say that she was in love with her boyfriend, "I didn't want to… I…"

 

"Jan Di," Ga Eul's voice was heard firm from the door, while she grabbed the fabric of her clothes with her hands, they were red as she closed them strongly. "You're my sister and still you did this to me…" her soft eyes were filled with rage against her only sister, the one who always care for her… now that same person looked horrible, as a witch from fairytales. "I never thought you could... do me harm," Ga Eul approached her and her lips trembled. "In this very moment I hate you…I'm truly sorry, I can't help it," she told her looking away so as to not feel remorse for her words. "I don't want to see you... Please, just leave me alone."

 

Before Jan Di answered her or even begged for forgiveness, Ga Eul went inside the room closing the door, she didn't want to see her sister, she adored her… she loved her but right now she couldn't see her in the eyes, she needed to be away from her. Jan Di fell on her knees to the floor, trying to hug herself, she was cold, she had frozen with her harsh words…she hated her, her sister hated her, she had thought so many horrible things about her, had even wished her the same pain, but she never did it seriously... never wished on it with all her heart. Ji Hoo was moved by his friend, until now he only knew half of the truth, he needed to hear her side of the story. He approached her to lift her up, although Jan Di didn't expected it she surrendered in his arms, she needed to feel that she wasn't a horrible person... and Ji Hoo made her feel that way, he calmed her a bit and then called a taxi to send her home, he couldn't leave neither alone, but he knew of a person that could help him divide the task.

 

"Jun Pyo," Ji Hoo held the phone on his ear, he heard him exclaim something annoying. "Ga Eul and Jan Di," he lowered his gaze a second perhaps this was going to be the death of his love, but he needed to know it.

 

"Did something happen to them?" His voice full of concern, his friend had stayed with the names of both girls and the waiting made him mad. "Speak!" He demanded.

 

"Ga Eul saw you… when you kissed…" to say it was annoying, he had asked him for sincerity... and not only had he betrayed the girl but also their friendship. "She's in a bad state… she's in my house, I think you should talk to…"

 

"Jan Di, where is she?" to Ji Hoo's surprise all Jun Pyo cared about was her, if everything came out she was going to get hurt, he needed to protect her.

 

"Is she the only thing you care about?" Ji Hoo asked him, now he was angry... his girlfriend was suffering and he only asked about Jan Di.

 

"Yes! Where is she!" he yelled, perhaps he didn't understand him but he never loved Ga Eul…he felt sorry for her but that's how things were.

 

"At her house," it was the last thing he said before cutting the call. Ji Hoo threw his phone away, he couldn't stand how stupid he had been, leaving her in his hands, he was furious with Jan Di, she helped that jerk be with her sister and now…she was with him.

 

With nothing else to do he went to the room, gave it a soft knock and entered, the girl who was always smiling was destroyed…it was breaking his soul, he approached her with caution, he didn't want to bother her with his presence, but as soon as he came close she lifted her face smiling at him, she was beautiful... How could he let her go? With a single gesture of his hand, he invited her to take his hand and he squeezed it when he took it, her delicate body moved towards him asking him what he always wished to give her… protection, a little bit of her. She wasn't crying anymore but she still couldn't understand why her sister had done such a thing, she raised her eyes to him, was Ji Hoo not hurt? He had also been betrayed by those two, he should be as hurt as her.

 

"Ji Hoo," she said softly, "doesn't it also hurt you?" she asked him directly,she was in no condition to be subtle.

 

He smiled sadly, it hurt him... clearly yes, but not by what she thought, it hurt him to see her suffer, to see how her world was falling apart, but it didn't hurt him to know that Jan Di was with another. "No," he answered honestly, putting his hand on her cheek while he kept his smile. "It doesn't hurt."

 

"Why? They also betrayed you…" she said without understanding him, nothing made sense.

 

"I…" then paused to think of that day in the restaurant. "Never love Jan Di," it was true that he liked her, but not in that way, he was never going to love her that way, not when your heart has been taken for so many years.

 

"But," she moved away from him a bit while she held his gaze. "She... was your girlfriend…" she corrected him, if she was his girlfriend…it was because he loved her.

 

"I only said that because I was hurt," he smiled a little, he wasn't completely sad with all that happened, it was ugly to feel relieved, but that's how he felt…relieved to have her in his arms, knowing that she could be his and no one else's.

 

"Hurt?" She asked even more confused, "I don't understand... anything…" she told him.

 

"How long have we know each other?" he told her as he looked out to the horizon, without seeing anything. It had been many years since they knew each other, and a few more loving her, but she seemed so unaware of his feelings. "I think since I was 9 years old…" and it wasn't until he was 12 years old when he realized he was in love with her, "Since then my feelings have been growing more and more."

 

"Feelings," she repeated it without understanding anything, what was he talking about? "Ji Hoo-sunbae…"

 

The words stayed in , never before he thought to do something like this, he always imagined his first kiss with her would be something beautiful, in a wonderful time perhaps on a romantic date, not in his room with a shattered Ga Eul, despite that the kiss was wonderful. Her sweet mouth was cold, but little hard, his lips gave her all the heat that she needed not only on her lips, also in her face and her body…it was delicious to feel her lips soft and full, he allowed himself to carry on his first impulse and didn't cease to kiss her, he couldn't leave her lips, even more when his hand landed behind her neck to imprison her against him, at the beginning she was so stunned that she wasn't moving, but just after a few seconds, to his pleasant surprise she slowly moved her lips leaving him space to advance in that sweet kiss, becoming passionate, he was almost certain that it was the first time he felt so at ease in his life.

 

Something inside Ga Eul clicked, she opened her eyes desperately due to the lack of air and above all because the face she was kissing wasn't that of her boyfriend, it was Ji Hoo her sister's friend, the shy and kind boy. She pushed him and got out of bed, she was somewhat disoriented, she had never before felt that searing heat, it was something she couldn't avoid…it was incredible to feel that with a kiss, Jun Pyo had kissed her, but not this way, for her her boyfriend's kiss had been completely erased from her memory after receiving Ji Hoo's. She looked at him without believing what had happened, he was looking at her as he took short breaths, he didn't understand how she had never become aware of his feelings, it was so obvious to everyone else but her.

 

"W…why? she moved her fingers nervously to her lips, they were still burning, "Ki…kiss."

 

She was so nervous that she was barely able to say it, no... it was too embarrassing to admit that he had kissed her, but even worse was to feel his kiss was better than her boyfriend's. She felt bad, now she had done the same to her sister, she had betrayed her sister with the guy who obviously she liked.

 

Without staying to hear him she left the room, he couldn't follow her, he had tried to show his true feelings and she had rejected him… but not fully, at the beginning of the kiss, they both were lost in the mouth of the other, but just as she noticed who kissed her she left…he looked at the open door and then he felt another door close, she was gone, once again.

 

She didn't have another place where to run to, she didn't have more trustworthy friends, she had lost so much that day, her boyfriend, her friend, her sister... what else did she have to lose? It almost seemed like a cruel joke, something that fate had prepared as a revenge against her, she was so upset, but she had to return home.

 

While Ga Eul headed home, Jun Pyo begged outside of it, he asked Jan Di loudly to come down but she refused, her father went out to confront him, he was doing a scandal in the neighborhood and if he didn't calm down they were going to call the police, but little did he mind it, he continued calling her, he only needed to know that she still loved him, that she still felt like this morning. At the insistence of her mother, she ended up coming out... If she didn't do it the poor guy was going to end up on a cell for public misconduct, but little was it worth it for Jun Pyo to see her.

 

"Leave," she asked him with a plea in her eyes. "For now... just leave…"

 

"Jan Di... I swear to you that…" She threw herself in his arms, she was crazy, but even with all those problems she wanted to stay by his side.

 

"I know," she said sobbing.

 

While they embraced Ga Eul had just arrived, what she saw only made her burst into tears, to see them together again was something that she couldn't withstand... more when they embraced that way, he was never this affectionate with her, knowing that he never wanted her this way killed her. One could only hear the door slam before she went running up the stairs, she wasn't going to her room, the room that she shared with her sister, she went into the guest room, she locked the door and threw herself in the bed, she covered her head and she closed her eyes, she mentally screamed that it was all a nightmare that when she woke up nothing would be true… nothing. She heard the knocks on the door, the voice of her mother, her father... of Jan Di but she didn't open it, she didn't do it… she didn't want to see any of them, she wanted to be alone.