Treason

My Sister's Love

 

Ji Hoo was finally able to go to his usual place, the same place where he poured out his feelings for Ga Eul, where his violin helped him express what his heart cried out but his mouth did not dare to say and for that exact same reason he had lost her…it didn't matter how he saw things, although JunPyo was his friend, he couldn't stop thinking about her as a woman and he couldn't see her as a sister. He felt so depressed and the worst thing was not having his friend Jan Di in those moments, she was the other woman who made him smile, she knew how to give him strength. He took his head between his hands tightly closing his eyes, memories didn't cease to attack him, the most important... the most beloved, day he had met her...

 

~ Flashback ~

"No," Ji Hoo covered his ears and cried while hiding under the table, he was scared. He didn't want to go out… his parents... they…it couldn't be…it wasn't true. "No…" he repeated aloud to himself so it would became a reality.

 

His parents couldn't be dead... it wasn't true, no…it couldn't be true, everything was a dream, a nightmare, and when he opened his eyes none of this would be happening, nothing…he just had to wait with his eyes tightly closed.

 

"Ji Hoo-shi," the sweet voice of Ga Eul resounded in the room, she was sure he was there. "Ji Hoo,"she called again ducking under the table and watching him, he was crying... she couldn't bear to see him like this. "Ji...Hoo…" she tried smiling while she approached him.

 

"It's not true…" he told her. She sat beside him while he denied it. "No…." he said to himself with more tears, and with drowned and desperate spasms.

 

"I'll…take care of you…" she said while his head and he surrendered at her hands. She took his head and settled it on her legs, while still it and smiling. "Rest…" she repeated.

~ Flashback ends ~

 

Even with his head low he felt his eyes moisten with the memory, when his parents died he just wanted to disappear and she was with him all the time that he needed her, more than anybody…he wanted to have her by his side. The sound of steps got louder, wishing it was her he slightly lifted his head, but as always he was disappointed… before him was Jan Di, looking at him with reddened eyes… how long had it been? Two or three days... no, it was nearly a week. His eyes crossed with hers, while his gaze went from sweet to discontent. She swallowed hard knowing that he was still angry, so many things had changed since she had planned all that... but now everything was worse, she didn't know what she was doing, she didn't know if it was right or wrong, if she truly was in love with this person in front of her or it was just an obsession.

 

He turned his face, he didn't want to continue seeing her, in fact if she didn't leave right now... he would. He leaned back on the bench waiting for her to leave, and it only took that to understand that he was casting her away. She dropped her lips because she really needed to be honest with him, she needed to ask for his forgiveness and for advice, nothing more than a word of encouragement from her friend. She placed her hands on her backpack and sighed looking at the road in front of her, one step and two, everyday she would come to see him and now she left without crossing a single word... but just before she took two steps her eyes released some silent tears. Ji Hoo immediately turned his face, he knew he was hurting her with his actions and it hurt him… it really hurt him.

 

There was nothing to do, she was walking alone again… While he blew a sigh as he tried looking at her, he raised his gaze to see her disappear but stopped in the process, he couldn't see her leave dragging her feet, it was typical of her, despite being a very strong woman she had so many childish attitudes that sometimes he forgot how easily she got hurt. He stayed sitting a couple of more seconds while he thought that he should put an end to this whole situation, but just when he was going to take his violin, he saw Jan Di's enormous heart. Astonished, he admired the baby blue umbrella with red flowers that she would always use, the same gift he had given her a few years ago and that jokingly they had written their names on, maybe…he raised his eyes seeing the small figure of his friend disappeared, it was obnoxious to have to hate her for so long, he shouldn't do it anymore... next time he would be the one to look for her.

 

A couple of days later Ji Hoo had decided to give his life a turn, perhaps he had lost the person he loved but he didn't have to lose everything, he would recover his friendship with Jan Di. That night he was having fun with his friends, while they enjoyed a fashion show.

 

"Do you think she would want to go out with me?" joked Yi Jeong while he tried making his friend smile, they had been concerned about him since they had learned Jun Pyo was dating Ga Eul.

 

"Ah…I don't think so," answered Woo Bin while putting a reflective face, "She's dating me," He said jokingly.

 

"Is there a girl in this place that hasn't dated you guys?" He asked his two friends.

 

They were so distracted by their jokes that they didn't hear the uproar that was formed at the entrance and which wasn't a small thing, Jun Pyo was accompanied by a cute girl with black hair. Ga Eul felt in heaven, taken by the arm of the love of her life, to an elegant event as his girlfriend, no... this was better than a dream, although she was nervous she tried to smile and enjoy the moment. That was until she saw Ji Hoo... her body felt a small electric shock, her sister had being crying for many days already in silence, what should she do? The two were friends, but she shouldn't be angry at him because of her sister…she didn't know what to do, she didn't know... really. Jun Pyo walked directly to his group of friends, with her by his side.

 

"Guys," he called them smiling, "Good evening."

 

A silence was made among all of them, Yi Jeong looked at Woo Bin and then these two looked at Ji Hoo, they had been so concerned about their friend and now his bestfriend stood before them taken by the arm by the person that Ji Hoo loved... what should be done in these cases?

 

Ga Eul had an uncomfortable expression, she still didn't know how to approach him, they were face to face and worst yet... He didn't seem happy to see her at all, she let loose a sigh before continuing to think of anything. Ji Hoo was dying to see them together, he saw them walking as a newly married couple... This was a joke? Precisely the day he was going to regain his life... they appeared.

 

"Haha…" Woo Bin was the first to speak, rather... a nervous laugh. He received Jun Pyo's greetings with a smile to erase the discomfort. "How you been friend?" was the only thing that occurred to him to keep those two from killing each other with their stares.

 

"Hello," said Yi Jeong barely smiling, it was incredible how his friend got out of one mess to get into another.

 

"Hello," Ji Hoo told him dryly facing Ga Eul, she looked so cute with that face with barely any makeup... that dress color illuminated her gaze.

 

"Guys," Jun Pyo cleared his throat. "Let me introduce you my girlfriend Ga Eul," He said slightly smiling.

 

"It's a pleasure," said Woo Bin happily, "Welcome to the group," he told her happily trying to seem friendly, she wasn't responsible for the mess she had unknowingly created.

 

"Welcome," Yi Jeong said with a formal greeting.

 

Ji Hoo on the other hand wouldn't stop looking at Ga Eul, he looked at her for so long that he forget to greet her and everyone including Ga Eul realized this. Jun Pyo lowered his gaze, he wasn't in love with her, he wasn't interested in her at all and his friend, spilled love through his eyes, even a fool would realize that.

 

"Well... we have to go…" he told his friends, without giving rise to his companion to greet or say goodbye to them, he didn't want her to cause more damage than she had already done today.

 

Ga Eul dropped a sigh looking back, why did Ji Hoo behave with her like that? They... weren't angry and he hadn't even greeted her. She lowered her eyes feeling empty, that night should had been a great memory, but she only left with bitterness in . Ji Hoo eyes followed her until they lost her, his friends kept silent while they saw their friend's renewed energies evaporate, and it wasn't for less... None of them wished to have such bad luck in love.

 

That night two people moved restless in bed, Ga Eul kept thinking about Ji Hoo's cold stares and he couldn't stop seeing her every time he closed his eyes, those beautiful lips... her black and long eyelashes, she was beautiful... his hand rubbed his chest with pain, his heart was breaking, he was going mad just thinking about those lips that would soon belong to his friend. Ga Eul instead wondered what had she done to him, and if they would ever be those kids who comforted each other under the table.

 

I don't know what's going on with me, I'm feeling guilty for letting my little sister be with Jun Pyo, he doesn't love her, the person who should be with him is me… but have I lost my chance? I should devote myself to loving Ji Hoo as I always had thought... but I can't! I still think about that tall idiot that kills me with his stares... he's an idiot, idiot…an idiot who doesn't know anything... Why did you get into my chest?… it's not fair, I have what I want and I'm still suffering, my heart remains broken.

 

Jan Di saw the lights of the car outside her home and ran to bed, she lied down and closed her eyes so that her sister didn't realize she had been waiting for her.

 

As promised, that morning he devoted himself to look for Jan Di in the entire school, although there were a few places where she used to hide. He climbed to the third floor and on the stairs there she was, lying on the ground with her books and notebooks open. He smiled and walked towards her with his hands in his pockets.

 

"You still carry those bad habits?" He said smiling.

 

Jan Di raised her view smiling nervously, she hurriedly grabbed her things, she didn't want him to feel uncomfortable because of her, also he seemed to be in a good mood, he had even joked with her, but she didn't want to get her hopes up, it would be better if she just left.

 

"Hmm…" she exclaimed nervously as she couldn't finish ordering her things.

 

He watched from above, she seemed busy studying for exams, he had never seen her studying by herself… in general they did it together because she couldn't learning by herself. He barely smiled, "That answer is wrong…"

 

She tried closing her book to stand, she didn't know what to do... were they fine now? Just a few days ago he didn't even want her close by. She left the her books and notebooks aside to stand. She remained with her head down and moved her lips without saying a word, "I'm sorry…" she said finally with her view to the floor, "I hurt you a lot without thinking... I'm sorry…" she try to get a glimpse of him, but to her surprise, her friend wasn't angry.

 

"It doesn't matter," he said resigned, yesterday he didn't go to the party but he saw how Ga Eul looked with Jun Pyo, it was matter of time before they became an item, as long as they loved each other there wouldn't be a problem... he could endure the pain of seeing her with another. "I realized that it wasn't your fault…" his friend looked at him surprised, "Actually there was nothing you could do to avoid it, Ga Eul has always been in love with Jun Pyo…" he let out a sigh as he thought about how well they looked together.

 

"It's not true," she said almost jumping over him. It wasn't true that Jun Pyo loved her sister, he was in love with her... nobody else than her. But she couldn't tell that to her friend, not now that they were resolving their differences, "That…"

 

He looked at her with blame, he didn't need for her to cheer him up… he had seen them.

 

"That…" she repeated while searching for the proper words, "Ga Eul is still very young, she doesn't know what true love is…She doesn't know what she really wants, she was just so charmed by him that now that they are together she believes everything is perfect…" it seemed she was speaking more about herself, "But it's not…" she was the one to blame, she should have never asked Jun Pyo to be her boyfriend. She looked down with pain, she was certain she was better for him than her little sister, "Jun Pyo... and Ga Eul... that couple... doesn't match," she looked sideways to her friend, "They are very different…"

 

"Ajajaja…" His friend, Jan Di was the best of his life, he didn't have Ga Eul anymore, it was better for him to get used to seeing her far away, it was healthier for both. "They really are…" he said breathing in air, "But…"

 

"But?"

 

Ji Hoo stayed quiet thinking that she could change the hearts of people, not only was she charming but she also had that gift, that kindly urge that motivated you, perhaps with her Jun Pyo would be kinder. He turned to look at his friend but his body stood frozen as he looked down the hall, a fear that crept from his feet to the base of his neck.

 

Jan Di was astonished to see her friend's face full of fear, without understanding what caused it her eyes went in the direction he was looking, but she couldn't see a thing… steps and more steps, only a few meters was her little sister in the hall following Jun Pyo's tall figure, her lips shook as she saw how her little sister was holding his hand.

 

"Jun Pyo," she said smiling, she wasn't looking at anybody other than he, "Can…you kiss me?" All this time they had been together they had only held hands and she really wanted to have a deep memory of him, a kiss was what she wanted the most.

 

He gave out a sigh looking at her, this girl only brought problems, he didn't want to kiss this girl... but this was all part of the acting. She seemed to truly love him, that's why he felt so much remorse about doing this sort of thing.

 

Without thinking about it he took her face between his hands and as if it was a common thing to do he kissed those pink lips, she closed her eyes enjoying the gesture, he…only kissed her so she would leave him alone.

 

Ji Hoo looked away from the hallway view, to see her holding his hand was one thing... but seeing her kiss his friend was something very different, he didn't run away because his feet were glued to the ground, he couldn't move more than to breath and to feel how his heart had stopped.

 

Jan Di didn't wish to see that kiss either, she didn't want to see Jun Pyo kissing her little sister. Without thinking about more, she took Ji Hoo's hand and dragged him downstairs, the poor guy moved like a robot after her feet, he couldn't even articulate words after seeing her receive her first kiss by his friend. Almost running she took him out of school, it was horrible the feeling that grew on her chest, she used to fell jealous of her sister but now... now she wanted to kill her for kissing Jun Pyo. She let go of Ji Hoo's hand and ran to support her back against one of the pillars, she was completely lost in this unreal world she had created. Ji Hoo was forgotten at the entrance, while he calmed himself he couldn't help but to be surprised by his friend. It was the first time he saw her break down to see them together... could it be that?

 

Jan Di looked at the sky wondering what she felt in her chest, pain or envy? Perhaps she was the problem, when Ga Eul seemed interested in Ji Hoo her heart twisted jealously longing to have Ji Hoo, now that he was alone and her sister was with another person… She wanted that other person, how cruel and selfish she was.

 

"You know…" she began to tell her friend. "I think I've never been a good older sister…" she smiled bitterly, "Whenever I think about Ga Eul I remember our childhood, when she needed me," her eyes moistened only thinking about the days of elementary school, "Now... whenever I think about her I just feel hurt... wounded… I'm a bad person…" she confessed to him. "I don't want to see my sister happy…" she lowered her eyes trying to contain herself.

 

Ji Hoo looked at her surprised at those words, he had always thought that these two girls were an example of a proper family and to hear the opposite seemed like a bad joke. However anyone who heard her could fell the sincerity in her words.

 

She turned her face towards him, she noticed the face of anguish her friend had, surely he was surprised with her confession, but she couldn't deny it any longer, she was a bad person and she had hurt the people who she loved the most. She looked ahead waiting for her friend to judge her, it didn't matter what people said, she just wanted to know if these two would forgive her once they knew the whole truth.

 

"You are not bad," Ji Hoo said finally, "Just a little selfish," he knew that feeling but had never surrendered to it, that's why he didn't have the love of his life with him. "Let's go eat," he said abruptly changing the subject.

 

He took her to eat a plate of noodles, that would cheer her up… both of them, they needed to erase the scene of the lovers they had witnessed at school. They were waiting for their order when the doorbell rang, they didn't bother to see who entered, they only laughed at the giant dish that a girl was trying to eat.

 

"Unnie," Ga Eul's sweet voice made them both turn. She smiled blushing, she still hadn't recovered from Jun Pyo's kiss and she had an enormous need to tell her sister all the details, but when she saw who was with her, her eyes opened even more, "Ji Hoo sunbae…"

 

"Ga...Eul…" said Jan Di holding the spoon from her bowl, Ji Hoo completely spun on his chair to see her, but she wasn't alone, her hand was bound to his friend's arm.

 

"Good!" she said loudly as she approached their table, "You're not angry anymore hahaha…we have to celebrate it…" she said innocently as she sat next to Ji Hoo and opposite to her sister. "Oppa!" Ga Eul called him to sit but Ji Hoo got up and sat next to Jan Di, he didn't want to have Ga Eul so closely and it was noticed by his pained expression. "Ah... sit next to me…" Ga Eul asked her boyfriend who also had an expression of discomfort.

 

Jun Pyo wasn't concerned to see Ji Hoo jealous, he was boiling inside…he knew that Ji Hoo was the person that Jan Di liked, he knew that once he took care of his love interest he would be free for her but to see them... see them on a date was something different, he never agreed with her to something like this. The best thing to do would have been to drag the brat somewhere else, but he was such a masochist, that he was satisfied with just being close to Jan Di. Then they were all seated, the two pairs on each side and facing each other.

 

"Why don't we go somewhere else?" Said JunPyo without bothering to conceal his annoyance, he didn't care what the happy couple thought. He dedicate a hostile look to Jan Di, one she interpreted very well because she lowered her gaze immediately.

 

Ga Eul said nothing, she was still facing her sister and her friend, but she didn't know what was strange about this situation, why did she feel there was something that didn't work well with the entire scene? Never before had she seen Ji Hoo show so much discomfort because of her and now he was fine with her sister however she didn't know due to what.

 

Without saying a word Jun Pyo turned his view to Jan Di who was trying to avoid the boy's penetrating eyes, they were shouting for an explanation, they were begging her to make something up and to go away from his sight, he couldn't imagine why the two of them were eating together. The silence continued at the table of the two couples, there was an aura of mistrust and questions.

 

"Unnie…are you dating Ji Hoo?" she asked without knowing what to think, or better said without wanting to ask what was really going on, if they were angry with her for some reason.

 

"That's true," said Ji Hoo proudly, he felt his heart breaking to say that lie but he preferred that than to continue humiliating his soul.

 

Jun Pyo looked at them shocked, when had this happened? Since when were they dating?... no. Jan Di also looked at her friend with surprise, to think that was what she wanted when she started this twisted game, and now to hear it from his lips... Why wasn't she going crazy of happiness? Because it only mattered to her what Jun Pyo thought. She looked at him right away asking him with her eye not to believe Ji Hoo.

 

"Ah," Ga Eul moved restlessly and uncomfortably in her chair. "I'm happy for you two," she didn't look happy at all, but to say and do things was different. "Congratulations," she told them barely smiling.

 

Jun Pyo got up from the table and took his girlfriend from the place, everyone looked at them confused at the scene, even Ji Hoo what was with his disappointment? Jan Di knew well how Jun Pyo felt, but nothing was true… only he didn't know it.

 

What will I do? I can't confess everything to Ji Hoo, he's going to hate me for all the bad things that I've done and above all for hurting my own sister... but I can't keep denying it, the person that I like is not Ji Hoo it's Jun Pyo and I cry only to remember the way I disappointed him… in everything he has done just so that I can be happy and now... I can't be because he isn't with me, but with my sister. What will I do?... What can I do? I'm no good, I keep ruining things that I love the most.

 

Jan Di dried her tears and turned off the light of her bed, her sister had gone to slept hours ago, instead she only cried, she was hopeless, nothing she did belonged to her, she could only pay the consequences now.

 

The next day she came out early from her house, she needed to fix things so that everything could go back to normal and the first thing to get that done was to talk to Jun Pyo. They had arranged a meeting down town but it had cost her a while for him to accept seeing her, he was upset and for good reason. A few days ago he had honestly confessed his feelings and now she was Ji Hoo's alleged girlfriend, she had already gotten what she wanted from him and there was no need to discuss anything any further.

 

Jan Di was waiting for him, he was 20 minutes late and who knows... maybe he wouldn't even come to see her, she was almost sure it was a form of revenge for all the bad things she had made him go through.

 

"What do want to tell me?" she heard from behind, Jun Pyo appeared arrogant before her, and as always Jan Di looked horrible, but he still loved her.

 

"I…" she doubted a little on being sincere from the beginning. "I want to talk…" she changed her mind at the last moment, better to go slow with him.

 

"I don't have much time for this," He said upset taking long strides to move away from her and all her twisted games.

 

"I'm not Ji Hoo girlfriend," she cried following him, and it was then when he abruptly stopped, he turned to see her in disbelieve. "I'm not his girlfriend…" she repeated while she looked at him with pain. "I can't be the girlfriend of someone I don't love…" she half confessed.

 

"What are you playing at?" He asked her angered, she had planned everything out, keeping her sister away from Ji Hoo in order to have him vulnerable and comfort him.

 

"I'm not playing... never again…" she told him sporting her true face. "I thought I loved Ji Hoo, that I needed to have him with me, that I couldn't bear it if Ga Eul was his girlfriend... but…" she lowered her eyes trying to find the courage that was slipping from her body.

 

"But…" Jun Pyo prompted her.

 

"It hurts me more to see you... with her…" She said biting her lips. I never thought that I could fall in love with someone as arrogant, stupid and irritating as you... How did it happened? She asked herself smiling sadly and holding her head with her hands, she still couldn't understand how she had fallen for him. 

 

By the same street Ga Eul walked distracted looking at the stores, it would be a month since she had become Jun Pyo's girlfriend and she was looking for a gift for him, something nice to remember all the dates they've had up until now, but when she was about to cross the street, her sister…it was Jan Di, but... Jun Pyo? What are they doing together? Why was her sister crying? Ga Eul was left looking at the scene in slow motion, her boyfriend pulled her sister, embracing her as he had never done with her.

 

"Oppa…"

 

Was heard from her lips and her eyes moistened, that was not happening, her boyfriend was kissing her older sister…he kissed her as if he had wanted her his whole life, that was when her eyes stopped seeing them to run away in the opposite direction, her heart was exploding, she had to put her hand on her chest to hold it in, she was sure that if she moved her hand away it would come out and never return.

 

"Silly…" said Jun Pyo smiling, "I love you... why are you so foolish…" He said hugging her never to release again, if she wanted... everything was fine.

 

While they embraced Ga Eul walked slowly and in silence, there was nothing in her world, it all went through a black hole the very moment she was betrayed by her loved ones. She dropped herself on some steps… she couldn't bare it any longer, she closed her eyes and her boyfriend's kiss with her sister came to mind, then a painful cry crept from the back of ... why had they done this to her? Her sister... her boyfriend, they were together, they were kissing…they had betrayed her, they had hurt her so deeply that her heart had stopped beating, her hands were cold, the only thing warm were the tears that kept covering her cheeks in a race to reach the ground.