Solidfy

Sacrifice: Work or Love?
pic cr: Tumblr
*Bold & Italized = Eva*
 

 
 
Taekwoon awoke from his long night, his eyes with slight bags underneath them. Waking up before any of his other members, he sluggishly walked into the bathroom. After taking a shower, he walked over to the white sink wiping away at the fogged mirror, his hands grabbed onto the ends of the sink while he looked into his own reflection.
 
Sigh
 
Images of what he had seen hours ago raced through his brain. Staring long into his own dark orbs, he tried to search for an answer but came up empty. He had no answer, and he wouldn’t be able to come up with one before seeing Eva later on that day.
 
Eva.
 
Her name rang in his mind, making his sullen face slowly soften into a tender smile. Even though it was the worst way of finding his feelings for her, he was happy that he finally knew. That his heart had finally won over his mind, taking control over his feelings, finally coming to the surface.
 
‘knock knock!’ “bbali~” It was the maknae’s voice on the other side of the white bathroom door. Getting torn away from his tender thoughts of his newly found feelings, he sped up brushing his teeth to let his group member in.
Opening the door, the maknae with his hands in between his legs, ran past him and closed the door. Taekwoon huffed a small laugh, and walked into his shared bedroom. Not surprised he saw Ravi still in deep sleep; “Wonshik- get up”, and he lightly shook Ravi’s shoulders in a lame attempt to wake him up. Surprisingly, he had woken up from his shakes, and quickly got up after looking at the clock in their room.
 
Soon after, all the members were up and about getting ready to make their way to the company building. Of course, the most anxious one was Leo, but his group member’s would of never known from his serene facial expression.
 
~
 
Looking around to see if Eva was around the front of the building, Leo saw that they hadn’t coincided with their arrivals this time. Getting closer to the elevator, Leo felt the knots starting to form in his stomach. Once the elevator stopped at the fifth floor, the feeling worsened, his hands balled into fists as he nervously pumped them before entering the practice room.
 
“Annyong!” Eva peppy as ever greeted them in the hallway with rolling rack full of clothing. Her waved hair bounced away as she walked into another room.
 
She seems to be fine? Or was it just a cover up?
 
The members happily responded to her morning greeting and walked into the practice room. Leo slowed his pace inside the room and began contemplating how he would go about asking her about the date last night without sounding too nosy. Without any other thought, Eva came in bursting in the room with a giant smile on her face, “Hey guys, here’s the outfits for today’s interview, hurry and get dressed I’ll see you soon~” She sang her sentence and out she went of the room.
 
The boys changed into the given clothes and made their way downstairs to the designated van. Their manager was already in the front seat waiting for the boys to enter. With the sounds of 6 clicks of their safety belts, their manager drove off to their interview location.
 
~
 
“Ah Taekwoon, you’re in my seat today!” She told him. He smiled at her. Through his sheer black shirt, his heart began racing as she approached his face. “Keep your eyes open for me.” She told him.
 
A small gulp went down his throat- “Just look straight ahead.” Straight ahead was looking directly at her face, and it was the first time he really took in everything that was Eva’s face. The light bronzer on her cheekbones only made them seem that much more prominent and the red lipstick that was spread across her lips made it even more tempting for him. He took in her concentrated face that had made her left brow arch up, trying to get the perfect amount of under eyeshadow on his crescent shaped eyes.
 
Suddenly, the unknown courage came out- “How was your surprise date last night?” He said casually looking straight at her eyes. She met his, and her eyes formed two half moons, she backed away from his face,
 
“It was great. He had actually made a romantic dinner at his place, you know candle lights and rose petals…the works.” Her body scrunched up thinking about of the wonderful night she had with her seemingly lovely boyfriend.
 
If she only knew.
 
But then her smile slowly faded, and her lips were pouted- “But then he got a call from his firm really late at night. I think something came in about their case, so he had to go. He told me to stay the night so I did, luckily I have a closet at his place too.”
 
“Ahh. Yeah I’m sure he’s been busy. He must have gotten in late.” Lying through his teeth, he balled one of his fists to keep his anger at shore.
 
 
She took a bit a of lip stain onto her lip brush and continued, “Yeah, I tried to stay up to wait for him, but I ended up just falling asleep. By the time I woke up, he was already up and heading to work.”
 
His heart twisted tightly, here he knew the truth about her boyfriend, and he had to act like he didn’t know anything. Leo’s mind was trying to scramble to find any way to tell her, and in a way that she would really believe him. He knew that she regarded him as a close friend and vice versa, but he was that close to tell her something this personal and heartbreaking?
 
She does really love him, and I would be the one who would be shattering her world.
 
He couldn’t do it, or atleast couldn’t find the courage in himself to do it.
 
Am I being a man right now?
 
Yeah- he answered his own thoughts, A weak man.
 
He closed his eyes, and by the time, he opened them back up, Eva told him that he was done with his makeup. He got up from his seat, his lips parted- almost about to say something-
 
“Me next!” N happily jumped into the seat that was in front of Eva. 
 
Solemnly, he turned away from her, walking into the room automatically popping in his earbuds. He sat down on the first chair he could find. Finally sitting down he tilted his head back to the top of the chair. After letting out a heavy sigh, his eyes closed again.
 
Eottoke?
 
 A couple of minutes soon afterwards, someone nudged his shoulder, his eyes fluttered open. It was HongBin smiling down at him, “Hey it’s time for the interview”
 
~
 
Running to the next thing to their schedule, Leo laid his head against the van window. If he couldn’t find the courage to tell her today, or even tomorrow, he would instead try to get to know her more- making this close friendship they had a solid one.
 
Sooner or later, he had to build up the courage to tell her. But it was too fresh in his mind, and he felt so weak to say anything to her.
 
“Jaaa~ okay guys let’s go”
 
Out they went of the van, and Eva was already in the front of the 1st look offices with Nara. Walking into the building, Eva started up a conversation with N, and Nara walked in the back with Leo. He remembered about the time that she talked to him about Eva’s first day the day they officially met. Being that, Leo was Leo, Nara knew that she could trust his opinion on her, and that he wouldn’t be bias to say anything- he was straightforward.
 
Unknowingly to her, he could be a little bias about Eva especially after yesterday.
 
“So how do you think Eva is doing?” She asked him. Putting his emotions aside, he told her the truth about Eva’s work. He talked about her work ethic, and about what she contributed to the company. Nara, nodded her head taking into consideration everything that Leo was telling her. She was probably going to ask the rest of the members, but she wanted to make sure to ask Leo first.
 
They walked into 1st look studios; it would be another photo shoot for them. Eva helped the other coordis in their outfit choices for the shoot. The shoot would be followed up with an interview of the VIXX members. The members gathered in the dressing room, and being that they were short with time. Eva came with yet another rolling rack of clothes, she hand picked out for them. She quickly handed each of them a hanger with a full outfit pieced together. “Here you guys, go change quickly.” She dashed out of the room, getting to the team of hairstylists with the styles that they would be doing on the idols.
 
Leo looked at the mirror, and was very pleased with his outfit- then again he usually was. But, he never was one to voice his gratitude to Eva. Today was going to be different. He walked outside first, and Eva turned around her dark brown hair spinning perfectly and landing just as perfect on her shoulders.
 
 
He slowly approached her, and she was quick to do fix collars, and cuffs. As he saw her so concentrated on her work, he said, “Eva,” She looked up at him with both eyebrows raised while her hands still kept working, “Thank you, I really like what you picked out. It’s my style.” Her brows lowered themselves to their natural place on her face and her stained red lips formed into a huge smile.
 
“Aw shucks, thanks Taekwoon!” He admired her beautiful smiling face, and a familiar smile graced his own features. For the brief moment, they were both in each other’s gaze, only until Ken came out going on about how much he loved shirt he was wearing. Taking Eva’s attention away from Leo, she ran over to Ken and gave him a high five.
 
Well thanks for stealing my thunder…
 
~
 
During the interview process, they were asked the same typical questions that were usually asked. Breezing through the interview like nothing, they quickly wrapped up the 1st look interview, bowed and thanked the staff members, and made their way out to the next schedule.
 
Heading out of the building, Leo noticed Eva was already outside of the van putting the rolling racks, makeup cases, and all the her other team’s things into the van. He ran over and decided to give her a hand.
 
“Thanks, but you really don’t have to. I got it!” Eva cheerfully told him.
 
“But I want to help you” He hoped that it didn’t come out wrong while he looked for a change in her facial expression.
 
Looking at her face, he noticed that HongBin and Hyuk also joined in to help.
 
Another pair stealing my thunder…
 
“Wow- thanks guys!” She patted HongBin on the shoulder, and then to Hyuk
 
But I was the first one to help you…
 
A familiar and unfamiliar song sounded off in what ended up being Eva’s back pocket. It was her ringtone, a song that Leo remembered her talking of, a Spanish song with ‘cute lyrics’ if he remembered her saying correctly.
 
Eva turned around, “Ah Jihoo!”  She walked away from the van, and talked to her unfaithful boyfriend. When she came back to the trio, she stuffed her phone back into her pocket,
 
“What did JiHoo hyung say?” Hyuk innocently asked,
 
Eva took a short intake of breath and clapped her hands together; “He wanted to see if I could go a camping trip with him this weekend. But we have that really long variety filming on Friday out of Seoul till Sunday right? And I don’t know what time we would be coming back so I told him that I wouldn’t be able to make it out to his place this weekend.” She titled her head to the left, “I could have sworn that I had told him already.”  She closed the back of the van doors, “Guess he forgot?” Eva shrugged it off, and thanked the trio again.
 
Just thinking of JiHoo instantly put Leo into a sour mood, but then seeing Eva’s cheerful face made his anger go away, only to come back knowing what he was doing to her.
 
Just breathe Taekwoon. Remember; time to solidify this friendship with Eva. A dull sigh left his lips.
 
Off to the next one!” She yelled playfully. Leo nodded, and signaled s to get into the van, while Eva went inside another.
 
~           
 
Finally returning to the company building, exhausted, Eva looked down at her watch. It was already past 1am, and she would have to return in less than 6 hours back to the company. 
 
Maybe I should take a cab? Eva thought. Even though Seoul was regarded as a safe city, maybe it was best for her to take a cab back home. However, she couldn’t help but admire the fall weather that she loved so much. She did have a light jacket and scarf on. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt walking home. The walk wasn’t too far to her place; maybe about 30 minutes give or take.
 
Leo looked over to Eva; she seemed to be indecisive about something. She kept looking down at her watch and then back up at the sky.
 
He walked over to her, “Did you want to walk home?” He asked her. Just like Eva’s spot on perception, Leo had that same effect on her.
 
She quietly sighed, “Yeah, I kinda want to. But it’s late and then we have to be back in a couple of hours.”
 
Leo looked back at s, he was sure that the guys wouldn’t of mind giving up their rooms for Eva- he sure didn’t mind. Especially because their dorm was closer to the company building than Eva’s place. Maybe she could stay with us for the night? I guess all I would have to do would be to ask our manager…
 
Nara clicked her heels towards the duo, overhearing their conversation, she rested her long slender feminine fingers on Eva’s shoulder, “You can stay with me for the night. It’ll be nice to have some company.” Eva almost choked at her boss’s words. It was her boss after all, even though they had a close professional relationship, Eva didn’t think she would be so courteous.
 
Leo looked up at Nara with his usual facial expression- blank and calm. Her full eyelashes moved from Leo’s face onto Eva’s, “Whatcha say? I’m sure I have some clothes you can change into.”
 
Eva looked back at Leo, a bit shocked, but pleasantly surprised, “Yeah, thank you so much Nara!” It was settled, Eva would be staying the night at Nara’s.
 
Nara put a thumbs up, and for the first time the serene classy woman that usually stood before VIXX, turned into a regular friend giving another a favor. She slung her arm around Eva, and turned her away from Leo and s, “I have some really great wine we could have before going to sleep-haha” Nara’s laugh was surprisingly friendly and cute. Eva turned her head around and lightly nodded to Leo with a grateful smile plastered on her face.
 
Mentally slapping himself for almost creating a fool of him, Goodness Jung Taekwoon- how could you of even thought about Eva staying over the dorm? Of course it wouldn’t have been a good idea! A girl in midst’s of 7 men! He turned back around facing s, his head titled to one side and he shook off what almost happened.
 
“You okay hyung?” HongBin patted Leo’s shoulder.
 
Slowly turning his neck around to look back at the two figures getting into a white Mercedes, his lips formed into a content smile, “Ne-I’m fine”.
 
~
 
 
Pouring Nara’s favorite Castello dei Rampolla wine into the clear glass, she swiftly picked it up without a single drop leaving the rim and handed it over to Eva. Her naturally curved eyelashes moved themselves onto Eva’s face, “So how are the boys treating you?”
 
Taking a sip of the wine, “Oh- this is diiiivine!” and pointing back at the clear glass, she took another sip from it. “They’re great. I don’t think I’ve ever met a bunch like them. Maybe they all just naturally complement each other so well. Or it’s they are so different that it works.” Eva ran her fingers through her long locks putting it up in a sloppy bun, “Either way- they’re awesome.”
 
Eva and Nara looked at each other, and in an instant, they both started laughing at her description of the boys. Nara placed her glass on the nightstand and sprawled her body all over her mattress. Turning back around to face Eva who was lounging in the plush white seat at the foot of the bed spinning around what was left in the glass; she crawled herself towards Eva.
 
Yeah, I can see the guys have taken a real liking to you.” She plopped her chin into her hands that were holding it up, “Especially Leo…he seems to open up to you much more than most of the other employees”
 
Eva looked down at the now empty glass in her small hands, a smile tugged on her lips. “Taekwoon-Leo…he’s a close friend. I think our friendship is interesting because it’s so natural…you know?”
 
Nara frowned at her words, “Yes and no.” She picked herself up from the bed, and reached over to grab her glass along with the rest of the wine bottle. Taking a sip of the red wine, and wiping some of the excess with her manicured fingernail, she raised her eyebrow at Eva, “Thank god you have a boyfriend or I would have been a bit scared of this ‘friendship’”
 
Eva threw her head back and chortled, “Oh my god, Nara!”
 
Nara lifted her hands in protest- “What!” She then reached over for bottle, “Another round?”
 
Eva looked at bottle, then at the empty glass- “Gah, probably shouldn’t-we have to wake up in a couple hours.” Nara swatted her hand in front of Eva, “No, I think we need this.”
 
Eva shrugged her shoulders and a small laugh sounded off in the immense room- “Whatever you say boss!”
 
They clinked their now full glasses together and took a sip from it- “But Eva, maybe you should try to get Leo to open up more- or I don’t know make your Leo show his face more around their scheduled activities.” She rose her glass to Eva,  “You know, since you guys have this natural friendship,” She cutely teased Eva.
 
Hm, that would be nice to see..my..? Leo more often…
 
Eva scratched the top of her head, “I’ll see what I can do”. Taking in the last gulps of the wine, she stretched out her arms- “Alright, I think it’s about time to make some Z’s”
 
As she rested her bed on the ostrich pillow, Eva turned her body away from Nara facing the outside window. Putting her hands underneath her cheek, her body went into the fetal position- her legs close to her chest- she lightly huffed air from her nostrils.
 
I’m glad that I have a friend like you- Jung Taekwoon. Was the last thing that she though as a smile graced her features and she drifted off to sleep.
 
 
 
How will Taekwoon find the way to tell Eva?
Or better, how will he find a way to turn their friendship...into something more? 
Maybe let happen naturally?
 
 

[A/N] Wow everyone- thank you so much for supporting the story, for those of you since chapter 1: Thank you so very much. For those who just joined recently: Welcome! & Thank you so much! 

@aidapark: How do you think he'll do it!?!

@Totoro-Pie: I think we should all give Taekwoonie a hug TT^TT