A Little Help From My Friends

Sacrifice: Work or Love?

Playlink

 

The first to process her words was as an enflamed N. Shaking the table when he got up, his nostrils flared out- and it wasn’t one of his playful angry faces, he was serious. Seeing their hyung genuinely fuming- the others tried to calm him down, there was only a handful of things that could get this reaction from N; disrespecting someone he cherished, and regarded as close, was one of them.

 

Does he want to die!” Plummeting his fist onto the table, the wine glasses fumbled as everyone tried to catch them in time.

 

Hyung ca-”

 

“Throwing a tantrum won’t help the issue-” Leo’s voice of reason caught the attention of everyone at the table. Turning his head over towards Eva, who looked back at him with an appreciative smile, “-or Eva.” 

 

His dongsaengs agreed with their hyung, and N nodded his head, giving out a large exhale of air, he sat back down. “Mian Eva.

 

Eva tucked her hair behind her ear shaking her head otherwise, “No, I’m sorry for keeping it a secret.”

 

Remorsefully, she talked with her hands trying to show them her sincerest apologies. Her eyebrows turned upward meeting together, “I should have told you guys-”

 

Eva, you didn’t have to tell us anything if you didn’t feel comfortable.” HongBin appealingly look around the table, nodding his head at his band members, “It’s your personal business, we can’t ask or expect you to tell us anything more than what you want to.” His forehead slightly creasing as his arched eyebrows furrowed together.

 

The others hummed in agreement, and Leo was taken aback at the maturity HongBin carried. Looking at him with proud eyes, Lina noticed as well.

 

Eva’s chest let out a heavy sigh; “It’s not that I don’t feel comfortable with you guys but just-” Her voice became smaller towards the end of her sentence. Roaming her eyes quickly around everyone at the table, her eyes fell back onto her plate.

 

Eyy- its okay Eva. We understand.” Ravi, who sitting to the right of Eva, reassuringly patted her shoulder.

 

Yeah noona, we just want you to be okay- and stuff.”  Hyuk’s face titled downward trying to catch Eva’s eyes in time before she ducked her head down.

 

Everyone around the table sympathetically looked at Eva who had her hands covering her face. The tears threatened to come out, and she held it in as much as she could. Her brown hair falling in front of her face, her shoulders scrunched up.

 

Leo, looking at a fragile Eva, lightly nudged her foot underneath the table and patted her back.

 

Her voice was tremulous as she talked against her small hands, “You guys are the worst-” Eva shook her head throwing her shoulders back into place as she pushed her seat out. 

 

Everyone became silent, confused, they looked at Eva,“-For making me cry while I’m eating dinner!” Jumping out of her seat, she playfully yelled as she took her hands off of her face.  Her eyes were tinted light pink- with a humorous smile forming her lips.

 

Huu~” N got up with his arms spread out for an embrace, and everyone else got up to follow suite. Being that Leo was the closest to her, she had embraced him first, while everyone else piled in a large group hug. Leo was cautious in his sustaining his chic facial reaction- and given the current circumstances, none of s thought anything of it. As she held him tightly, her head against his chest, mixed small tears of sadness and thankfulness delicately left her eyes.

 

You guys~” she cooed out.

 

There, there, we’re here for you Eva. Right guys?” N cheerfully voiced out, and nodded his head against the back of Eva’s head. With everyone’s eyes closed, the rest of the members voiced their agreement with their leader.

 

Right!”

 

Yeah Eva-noona!”

 

De! Of cour-”

 

The click from a phone cut off Hyuk, and opening their eyes back up, they lifted their heads back up to find Lina flashing a large gummy smile at the group. The bright pink lipstick that had faded to a lighter shade after dinner, formed into a small pout. “I’m sorry but you guys just looked too cute. I just had to.

 

Eva clicked her tongue and shook her head, laughing- “Tch- unnie.” Lina shrugged her shoulders up, with a small giggle leaving her. Everyone broke out of the hug, and laughed at Lina’s actions- “Oh Lina, send that to me.” N wiggled his eyebrows, he loved pictures, and documenting special moments like these were rare gems to have in his gallery of pictures.

 

While they all took their seat, N looked at the picture message that Lina had just sent him. His chin wrinkled as he looked at the picture- “Eva, where are you in this?” He laughed as she turned his phone over showing her the picture. Eva and Leo stretched their necks across the table to see the photo. Her tiny hand, took the white cased IPhone from his hand, and brought it closer, zooming into the picture.

 

Aw man-” Eva lightly pushed Leo’s shoulder in- “Why does your body have to be so big! I can’t even see myself!” His face remained unchanged except for the barely there smirk that he flashed at her. She continued laughing, claiming at she could only see the top of her head thanks for the white headband. 

 

Placing her eyes gently on the pair, Lina gazed as he turned his face away from Eva’s in a short state of embarrassment, and how she just kept laughing at him about the picture. Her shook her head lightly at the two, I wonder when this will happen?

 

Coughing loudly Ravi, everyone turned their attention to him, “I’m sorry- Eva, but I just have to get this off my chest…but what a complete idiotic fool JiHoo is.”

 

Leo, with his intense stare looked directly at him- Wonshik, what are you doing?

 

**Playlink

Ravi understanding his hyung, threw his hands back up- “What! But I’m not going to let my friend think she’s the one to blame- it’s his own fault! He’s disgraceful!”

 

I totally agree with Ravi!” Lina stated taking a little piece of leftover shrimp on her plate. 

 

Taking in his furrowed eyebrows, Leo understood Ravi’s frustration. His dongsaeng did have a  younger sister, and the protective oppa in him came out with the news about JiHoo. Leo looked over to Eva, her head slightly nodded at his comment.

 

He continued, “It’s times like these, where I wish I wasn’t an idol so I could show him a piece of mind.” Hongbin and Hyuk mumbled small a ‘definitely’, and Lina hearing the two bobbed her head in agreement.

 

“YEAH! Kick his !” Ken yelled out throwing a clumsy punch in the air. N knocked his fist lightly against Ken’s head signaling him to shut it.

 

Eva looked around the table, taking another swig from the wine glass- “Thank you everyone.” The smile of appreciation stretched out her lips, and she couldn’t tell whether it was the alcohol getting to her or just her emotions were strong- that her she could feel a knot creeping back into .

 

That’s *hiccup* whats us chingudeul are here for.” Lina laughed at her lightweight buddy as she finished up on her own drink. Leo titled his face towards her giving her those Leo nod’s of his.

 

Sipping the last of her glass, she swallowed down the threat in throat and flashed Leo a small eyesmile.

 

. . . . .

 

After Eva finished up washing the dishes with extra hands of Hyuk and Leo, they sat around for a bit more finishing up the second bottle of wine between the 6 of them. Eva only let Hyuk have wine during dinner because it complimented the dish well but when they were just drinking to drink, he was placed in the kids (side of the) table. Sitting with him was the lightweight Ken, though the 4D member didn’t mind, he was having fun all by himself.

 

To which, the adults of the table laughed at his entertaining buzzed state. The earlier supportive messages from the members had elevated Eva from her depressed feelings, and felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

 

N looked down at his phone frowning at the time that was flashing brightly on the screen. “We should get going- that photo shoot is bright and early tomorrow.” N sighed, hitting his back like he was aching- “Hyukkie- give your hyung a massage when we get back to the dorm- ne?”

 

Hyung? All I see is a Njumma.” Hyuk turned around ignoring N and heading for the door. Eva burst out into a loud chortle, how snarky Hyuk could be towards his hyung was always so mind bogglingly hilarious. But she figured that their bond as a hyung and dongsaengs must be that of the highest level to be able to joke around in such a manner. Looking at N playfully strangle the maknae, she smiled knowing now they had accepted her whole-heartedly to their weird group.

 

Gathering themselves by the door, Lina joined them and offered her them a ride back to their dorm. Eva agreed, and thought it would be a good idea for them just to go with her friend. N taking the executive decision thanked Lina for her courtesy.

 

How they would have regularly given their goodbyes was by bowing, but after the things said tonight-, a hug seemed more appropriate.

 

As she embraced each of them- when it was her turn to give Leo a hug- she held on a bit longer whispering yet again another, “Thanks sassypants.” He only smiled inside, not wanting to let s see his true emotions. They all stepped out in the hallway and walked towards the elevator.

 

The green light flashed and a bell dinged as the doors opened up for the seven of them. Stepping inside, once the closed had fully closed- was it then that they all let out their thoughts.

 

I can’t believe JiHoo- what a prick!” Ravi threw his hands up.

 

HongBin nodded his head- “I feel really bad for Eva- she didn’t deserve that.” He looked at her best friend who was standing next to him- her lips pursed together while she nodded in agreement.

 

Leo was leaning against the wall, took in everyone’s comments. Hearing how s were riled up about the issue was starting to get raging feels of anger back again. The only reason he had ever put it aside for was Eva’s sake.

 

Unconsciously, his small voice slipped out- “I want to do something for her.” He hadn’t even noticed until N shook his arms- “Leo- that’s a great idea.” His crescent eyes fluttered at his friend’s words- what was he talking about.

 

Leaning away from Leo, N looked around the elevator. There was a certain glint in the silver haired leader’s eye- that everyone except Lina knew the meaning behind.

 

She stared at everyone’s faces and then back at N- “Wait- I don’t get it!”

 

~

(8 Days Later)

 

Eva contently rolled the rack full of their outfits for the Mnet recording today. Grabbing one of the outfits with her hand- she wondered why they would need actual suits for today. While she walked closer to the large wooden doors, her heels sounded off in the vast hallway giving the boys a small heads up that she was close. There was a faintly familiar melody playing through the doors, but was switched to On & On before she could figure out the song. Eva knocked on the cream wood, and then entered with her back to the door pushing through to roll in the stacked rolling rack.

 

Turning her back to face them- all five boys were brightly smiling at her and Leo just gave her his signature side smirk with his hands planted inside his track sweats. Her eyebrow arched at the strange site in the heated practice room-“What’s with the awkward stances?” She chuckled.

 

Anni- anni nothing.” The boys jumped and shuffled their way back into the song’s current dance formation. Going right back into the swing of things they continued dancing to the end of the song, Eva crossed her arms and titled her head.

 

They’re so weird- she laughed quietly to herself.

 

As the last verse rang through the speakers, Eva rolled the clothes rack and grabbed all six black suits, placing them over her arms. The guys looked at her anxiously, while she handed them each their respective outfit.

 

Playlink

 

I got the memo last night, to pick out some suits for you guys. What’s the occasion?” Everyone looked at their leader for the next words to tell Eva. Her eyebrows pinched together for a second at their weird acting, and unconsciously her lip twitched into a smile.
 

N beamed at her, “Ah- just a small special song we’re doing..” N chuckled, trying to elevate Eva’s suspicions.

 

She clasped her hands together in anticipation, “Which song is it?

 

N’s eyes grew for a split second, taking a water bottle nearby, he used it to gather his thoughts- “Just an old Shinhwa song.”  He waved it off nonchalantly passing along waterbottles to s. Still looking at Eva, the others reassuringly nodded their heads to N's statement.

 

-Ah...” She scratched the top of her head, and turned back around- “Well get dressed, and I’ll see you guys for makeup.

 

Once the wooden door closed as Eva walked out, the boys collapsed on the floor, wiping off the imaginary sweat beads on their foreheads. Ken, who was sitting next to N, pushed in his shoulder- “Yah! Special Song?”

 

Clicking his tongue, their leader threw his arms up in defense- “What- were you going to talk? I didn’t think so.” Ken cut his antics and crossed his arms- childishly pouting, although he knew that N was right. 

 

N got stood back up, “Plus, I couldn’t lie about that. She is doing our makeup after all.” Walking towards the mixer to switch the song back on, the others shrugged their shoulders in agreement.
 

"Alright let's go through it one more time." Everyone stood up, going back into formation awaiting their leader's next directions.

 

. . . . .

 

Eva walked into the makeup room, and dropped the last case of beauty supplies with a small grunt. Putting her hair up into her signature work bun, she started opening up the makeup cases. The other girls followed her example and began opening the other makeup cases, and taking out the contacts for this performance of On & On. 

 

Natural look for the special stage; no heavy dark eye shadows; nudes and beiges are good and eyeliner is fine too.” Eva instructed her team, and diligently took out the right colors. Before the boys walked in, Eva threw a question onto the floor- “So what’s the song for their stage today?” She asked in passing, as she twisted open a long bright pink bottle to fix her mascara. Usually she would go view their sound check- it was her favorite part after all, but their morning work meeting had run late, making her miss their practice.

 

The other girl’s eyes darted to one another, mentally picking out who would be the first to speak. “Ah-ah, it’s Shinhwa’s Wild Eyes.” One of her team members spoke up, with the others bobbing their heads.

 

Eva spun back around- “Wow- I haven’t heard that song in aaages.” She placed back the mascara in her personal makeup bag, and took the black brush belt to put around her waist. Ending her sentence, the six men in suits briskly walked in.

 

Everyone greeted each other, as the guys took their seats, Eva and her team went to work. Lightly dabbing the foundation on Ken, Eva talked about how cool it was that they were doing a Shinhwa song for their special stage. The gagman of the group smoothly responded to her, adding that they were excited as well.

 

Finishing up on the first three members with makeup, they switched and completed everyone’s look. Right on cue, an employee came in calling ‘VIXX on in 5’. The six members got up, making their way to the door. Eva yelled out a quick ‘hwaiting!’ and Leo looked over his shoulder with a lingering smile, before he walked out the door.

 

. . . . .

 

Eva and rest of her team, sat down to watch the live stream of their recording in one of the waiting rooms. As she excitedly sat down, for whatever reason, a swarm of butterflies trashed through her body as she saw the intro clip for the special stage of VIXX and 2 other idol groups.

 

The screen dimmed out to VIXX in their suits with a song that definitely wasn’t Wild Eyes, accompanied by loud cheering of Starlights. A grin of confusion and happy bewilderment flashed through Eva.

 

**Playlink

Why would they lie about that? She chuckled, and as beginning of Fine China played. Eva bobbed her head to the beat, looking at the guys dancing smoothly to the song, really bringing out that real r&b sultriness with their bodies.

 

Her eyes dazzled at how guys could completely transmit their energy through the TV onto their viewers as she was starting to dance along with the song. Though, she had known that the members had their own weakness and strength- but one member in particular amazed her- Leo. It was interesting to see how he seemed to excel in the idol ‘criteria’. Not only was he a main vocal, but also one of VIXX’s most versatile dancers- and this song definitely an example of that diverse talent.

 

Sassypants in his element. A wide grin stretching out at the chic guy that transformed into the captivating entertainer.

 

As the bridge entered, Eva remembered that this song was the melody she had heard earlier in the morning. Eva put 2 and 2 together for their weird acting that whole week. Though it didn’t explain why they had lied about the song choice.

 

He’s so replaceable’

 

Her eyebrows scrunched down- they wouldn’t be talking about…

And that’s when she noticed every time the word you or you’re came into the lyrics- the choreography would be pointing to the screen or doing a gesture to the camera’s like they were talking through the song.

 

You’re irreplaceable, just like fine china.

 

The stinging blush came across her peach cheeks, turning them into a deep red. Still in disbelief that they were actually talking about her situation, she tried to cover her innocent embarrassment and surprise with her hands. A squeal or two leaving her lips- her team members looked at her with confused faces.

 

They had been told by N earlier that morning that if Eva asked about what song they were doing for the stage, to tell her that it was Wild Eyes. They hadn’t asked him the reason for it and now seeing their manager’s reaction, they were slightly curious.

 

Looking at Eva completely immersed in their performance, was hanging open like proud mother watching their kids first dance recital. When they broke full into the choreography, Eva joined in the excitement as the audience screamed at their y hip thursting dance moves.

 

Oh, N you did an amazing job with the dance.” In the last verse, came a waterfall effect as each member point out to the audience, and then popped their hands to Leo who was at the end of the formation doing a mixture of a c-walk with body popping. As the song faded out- they all turned around and walked away- spinning back around to point into the camera at the end beat. Eva along with her other girls livingly clapped their hands at the dynamic performance they just witnessed.

 

Within a few minutes, the boys had walked into the waiting room where they saw Eva’s ear to ear grin with tinted cheeks. She wasn’t going to say anything about the actual message of their song choice, not wanting to wrong- and make a complete fool of herself thinking that it was a message for her.

 

Wow- you guys were absolutely spectacular!” Eva bounced clapping her hands, but stopped when she was faced with 5 indifferent faces and a 1 regular cool appearance Leo. Dancing his eyes over Eva, her bun had been perfectly messy with a couple strands falling on to the side of her face. His eyes smiled at her charming expression of perplexity.

 

…what- that's bad?” Eva’s face crinkled up in confusion.

 

You didn’t get the message?” Hyuk questioned as he blotted off the glimmer of sweat on his forehead.

 

On her matte red lips, stretched out a large toothy smile. Hesitantly she asked them, “W-was it for m-me?”

 

Her cheeks flamed up again, and N crooked his neck to a side- “We were asked last week to choose a song for a special stage- and well we wanted to give you some support- and we thought that through a performance would be the best to convey it.” Not being able to contain her appreciation, Eva jumped at the group with open arms into a massive bear hug. "We wanted it to be a surprise, so we told the girls to give you a tiny white lie." 

 

In a higher octave, her voice beamed, “Tchhhh~ That’s so sweet guys, thank you!”

 

Breaking out of the big embrace, N patted Leo’s back- “We came up with the idea thanks to Leo’s initial thoughts.

 

The tall flamed hair of his, shifted downwards as he titled his head ever so slightly downward in embarrassment that only Eva was able to decipher. He wasn’t expecting N to tell Eva that little detail. After all, Leo was trying to play cautious with his feelings being revealed to Eva- or s.

 

Eva gave him a playful punch to the shoulder, “Aw- Sassypants.

 

The boys chuckled at her nickname for the cool chic Leo. Garnering a quick stare down from Leo, his fellow members shut it, and went back to putting their attention on Eva.

 

“There’s no need,” His eyes were trained on the floor, hands intertwined behind his back, as his small child-like voice assured Eva.

 

**Playlink

Her shoulders slumped down, “You guys really…didn’t have to do that for me.

 

I don’t know whether it’s affecting you or not but-” HongBin paused before continuing, “We wanted to be the ones tell you hwaiting this time, and let you know that everything will be fine.”

 

‘HongBin, you have really amazing me with your insight these days’ Leo kept in his thoughts, looking on at his wiser-than-his-years dongsaeng.

 

Eva wasn’t one to be to cry very easily, but for the past two weeks, her otherwise strong front lines had been infiltrated. As her face turned into a sincere smile- clear liquid lightly blurred her dark chocolate eyes.

 

However, she sniffed up her nose, and delicately wiped the falling tear off of her waterline. “Can’t ruin my makeup- ya know.” She playfully joked letting out a half-hearted laugh. The members came close giving her supportive pats on her shoulder.

 

What’s going guys?

 

Turning around to face the recognizable sultry voice, Eva paused. Her eyes darted over towards her slick haired boss curiously tilting her head.

 

Do I just tell her?

 

Leo worriedly looked at Eva, what would be her move this time- he wondered.

 

It had already been an awkward situation when she had to tell the other members of VIXX about the situation and given the current circumstances of where they were, who they were by- everything…

 

Ah- anni, it’s nothing.” Today, and right now was not going to be a good time to tell her.

 

She laughed it off, dismissing the earlier tears as nothing. In a second flat, she had returned to her regular upbeat self as she went to talk with Nara.

 

Eva turned back around telling the guys that she would see them in a bit to redo their makeup. Giving them all a little smile- when her eyes landed on Leo her lips stretched out a bit more, before twisting her neck back to Nara.

 

And inside he could feel himself melting a bit.

 

Even though Leo generally didn’t express himself verbally or talk much for that matter, he was the type of person to be very straight with these types of feelings. He didn’t know whether because it was Eva, or that he hadn’t felt this type of strong connection towards someone that he couldn’t confront her. Not only that, but the timing had been all sorts of screwed up, and he wanted Eva to get over JiHoo.

 

Looking at her disappearing figure walking through the hallway, he pondered for a moment.

 

When will I ever tell her my feelings?

 

Will I ever? 

 

 

 

고백하다 : To confess (one's love)

 

 


 

Author’s Note:

 

Finally- after like a week I updated. Please don't lose interest in the story, my lovely readers TT^TT 

 

So sorry for taking such a long time, but at one point I had finished halfway- but then realized that it would be better to add that in the next chapter, so I had to rewrite it again. But with that said- I atleast have some pages for the next chapter.  

I know this chapter didn't have much Leo x Eva interactions, but the rest of VIXX still play a role in this story. I also wanted to show that they too care about Eva.

(And this chappie was a tiny tiny bit slow- sowwy) 

Question(s) of the day: Do you think Eva should tell Nara about JiHoo? How do you think VIXX sees Eva in their friendship? When do you think Leo will confess to Eva? Or will he even? 

To those of you who commented last chappie- thank you for telling me that it wasn't y TT_TT. 

@lilitenshi: aw- thanks <3 & Thank you for your insight on the chapter, I definitely keep them in mind! 

Lol yes @ N & Ken. Maybe I should write a spin off one-shot on that scene? hahahaha. 

- ohwait I don't want you to die. nvm >w< hehe~ 

@themixedtape: Thank you, thank you thank you. Heh~~ I happy that you're noticing Leo's personality with her. Yeah, when I thought about that gesture I totally squeeled in front of my computer lol. Well because, I know this is a story of Leo x OC (Eva), but I think it's important or nice to add in the other members- ya know? 

Yeah I do like other bands, but kinda like a casual fan. I haven't been into a group this much since TVXQ. Honest. Yeah I like, big bang, infinite, phantom, 2ne1, nine muses, snsd- just to name a few. But that actual fandom's I consider myself part of are from: TVXQ (as a whole group, duo, and trio), VIXX, and SPICA. I guess that's the reason VIXX really just blew me away, because I haven't fangirled like this in a looooooooooooong time. 

@lairsuan: My lovely dongsaeng, how much we've talked since this comment huh? kekeke. But I gotta say, you know for this particular chapter I hadn't received that many comments, but it's long insightful comments like these that really get me. Your words were so touching- thank you <3 

& About your initial thoughts about reading the story, got me thinking- maybe I should re-do my foreword? Maybe to get more people out of the doubt about reading this story? 

-Thanks for commenting on the overall story and my writing style. I tend to keep in mind my reader's feelings (?) towards how I write, so I can try to show them the best ^^. 

You were certainly right about the guys verbally abusing JiHoo- XP. Now we all shall wait patiently till he receives what he deserves! 

@mydivakey: tttttttttttthaaaaaaaankkkkk youu~~~~ I'm glad that you did! Kekeke- I'll try to write cute little inserts of the guys in the coming chapters <3 <3 

 aw did it?!?! Kekekeke, I hope this one did too! Eva’s smile is juuuuust back- like she said, she’s on a constant rollercoaster. How’d you like the cooking scene?!

@xElise: idk OTL. I thought it was bad lolol. thanks for commenting hun <3

@aidapark: !woohoo~~ arigatouu~

Hun- if you ever ned anything, someone to talk to, or to listen to you or anything! You just message me alright? I don't know what exactly your family problems are, but I've definitely had my fair share of them. I'm here for you! Don't be afraid to reach out for some support <3 Yeah, she definitely needs time, but I think she's doing well- wouldn't you say so? Especially with the support of her friends <333

&& and two yummy ice creams for  @infinitelymine &  @lairsuan for voting up my story! Thank you so much guys <3 <3 

Uh.. well this is awkward, seems like Leo got to them already. Sorry!

kekeke~