6

Paper

I do not own this song or the lyrics ~ Just to make things clear ^^

- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I met up with ~~~~~. She smiled a little and said a quiet ‘hi’. Don’t be awkward no Yonghwa, I warned myself in my mind. I held up my hand in the air.

“Hello there!” Too loud, and too… stupid! That was the first thing I said to her!? I wanted to beat myself at that moment. I tried to laugh it away and she just kept smiling at me. Too polite to do anything else. “Care to join me for a walk?” I asked to make her forget the little incident. She nodded shyly and went to my side. We walked deeper into the park, not saying a word. For a moment I wished Jae Mi was there to easy the atmosphere. I wished I had the ability to lighten the mood myself. I tried to come up with something intelligent to say but feared that anything that came out of my mouth would be at the same level as my greeting.

“It’s hot outside today,” ~~~~~ suddenly said and looked up at there clear blue sky. I nodded.

“Yeah…” I hesitated. “Do you want something to drink?” She looked at me with a smile and nodded. We walked a bit more and sat down at small café in the park. ~~~~~ ordered an ice tea, just like last time and I took a strawberry milkshake. She looked around her curiously while drinking her tea. Her legs were dangling back and forth underneath her. So cute. I smiled and hid my smile behind the big glass filled with the pink drink.

“Why are you carrying your guitar around?” she asked. I almost choked on my milkshake. It couldn’t be time already. I wasn’t ready.

“Just in case,” I said.

“In case of what?”

“If there would come a talent scout and ask me if I had any talents I could show him my guitar skills.” What the… now I was bragging!? I wanted to slam my head in the table. That was wrong with me? Lucky for me ~~~~~ just giggled.

“I’m sure you would impress that talent scout very much. Can I hear something?”

“I’m not sure… I get kind of nervous playing in front of others…” Playing in front of you!

“It’s just me,” she said and smiled sweetly. Yeah, that’s the problem! “Just play something you play a lot, then you can close your eyes and pretend I’m not here.” I don’t want to close my eyes, I want to look at you. I opened my guitar case and took out my guitar. I glanced at her. Should I?

“I wrote a new song…” I didn’t even have time to ask her.

“Can I hear it?” she asked eagerly and leaned forward with her eyes glistening in the sunlight. I sat up straight and put my guitar comfortably in my lap. I glanced at her smiling face again.

“Don’t judge me.”

“I won’t.” She smiled even wider. I took a deep breath and started playing:

 

 

When I look at you my face gets red
when I see you my heart goes thump thump
I talk with shyness like a kid
when I look at you I just smile out of nowhere
like a fool I keep doing that
I think love came to me

You’re the president of my heart
You’re my chests’ star embroider
I’m Genie for you girl
You make me stop breathing
whatever you want
because I love you
There’s no reason for my love you know

You’re a darling
you’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
the shining thing deep inside my heart
my own love light

I love you darling
give me light next to me whenever
every night I look at you
and you’re beautiful even when I look at you
you’re my love light

When I see you I feel like I’m up on the clouds
it may be immature but I keep doing this
I think love came to me

You’re a darling
you’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
the shining thing deep inside my heart
my very own love light

I love you darling
give me light next to me whenever
every night I look at you
and you’re beautiful even when I look at you
you’re my love light

You’re lovely
you’re more blinding than the sunlight up in that sky
you shine the dark places inside my heart
my own love light

I love you lovely
even if I close my eyes I see you
looking at you like this
you’re still blinding even when I see you
you’re my love light

 

 

I finished the song. I didn’t dare to look at her. I kept my look locked on my guitar.

“That was… you have an amazing voice. The melody was so beautiful,” she praised me. I looked up at her. Was she for real? “The song was really good. I’m very impressed. I hope there is a talent scout lurking around the corner, I bet you would get famous right away with your talent. Did you really write that?”

“I… thank you,” was all I could manage to get out of me. She looked down.
”Was that the song you were writing at the café?” she asked shyly.

“Yes.” I said it fast to make sure it came out. She has to know… I looked down as well. “Jae Mi was right. You’re the source of inspiration.”

“Is… is this song about…” she sounded unsure. I looked up at her. I dared myself to say it.

“It’s about you.”

 

I didn’t dare to look up at her. I can’t believe I really said it. This was my confession. I wasn’t sure what to do now and just kept looking at me guitar with a bad feeling inside. How would she react? Suddenly I heard a giggle from the other side of the table. I felt my heart sink like a stone in my chest. She was laughing at me. I sighed and cursed myself for my stupidity on the inside.

“Look at me.” Her voice was determined, but when I dared to peek at her I caught her smiling. Not a pitying smile, nor an evil smile that told me she was going to crush my heart to a million peaces. Her smile was heart warming and her cheeks were slightly pink when she looked at me. “Thank you, I love the song.” My brain took forever to process the words she had spoken to me. She’s not making fun of me, but is she accepting the confession? I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it again since I couldn’t come up with anything to say. She giggled again. “I can’t believe that you’re shyer than I am.”

“I’m just, really nervous,” I said and spun my milkshake glass on the table. She smiled sweetly at me and put her hand on mine and stopped me from pushing the glass off the table.

“Don’t be. Give me a chance,” she said. I looked at her hand upon mine. Give her a chance? A chance to what? I moved my gaze to meet hers and searched for an answer in her eyes. She stood up as I watched her and walked around to my side of the table. She bent down and whispered in my ear.

“Don’t you know, when a boy sings from his heart to a girl he can be sure she’s all his?” She pulled away a bit and tilted her head to the side. She leaned in and pecked my lips. I stared at her with big eyes when she pulled away. Her eyes twinkled and she blushed. She took her bag from beside her chair and gave me an uncertain look. “I need to go. Give me a call when you have recovered.” I watched her walk away from me and a silly smile spread across my face. Trust me. I will call.

 

 

 

 

 

“~~~~~!” I called and reached my arms out to hug her. She jumped into my arms.

“Yonghwa!” She hugged me tight. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“I missed you too.” I smiled into her hair. It had been a while since we last met. Since ~~~~~ forced me to create a website for my songs I had been very busy working my way up in the community of fame. She looked up at me and pouted her lips. I kissed her and she smiled.

“When do I get to hear your new song?” she asked and her eyes twinkled in excitement. Now it was my turn to pout.

“You only care about my songs, don’t you want to do something else?” I pretended to get sad. She laughed at me.

“I got something for you.” She let go of me and started digging in her bag. “Here.” I took the package and opened it eagerly.

“Papers?” I asked incredulously. She laughed again.

“I’m so funny sometimes. Here you have a pen too,” she said and handed me a pink pen with fluffy feathers on the lid. “Now you have everything you need. Paper, pen and inspiration.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's finished, and it's so damn cheesy I want to die!  But... I don't care ^^ I hop you liked it, please leave a comment :)<3

 I'll take this opportunity and link this to you. It's two girls who are singing a cover of CN Blue's 'Love Light'. They are awesome, listen to them!    Love Light (a CN Blue cover)