You're my only one

Love is the cure to everything

After her schedule, Borim quickly rushed home, in hopes of having a good dinner as what Jihyun had promised.

When she rang the doorbell, never did she expect that she would see Donghae, in an apron as well.

“Donghae oppa?” She looked at him curiously from head to toe. He was wearing a pink apron and holding a ladle, it looked like he had been cooking halfway when Borim came back.

“You’re back!” He gave a huge smile as he stood at the door.

“What’s happening? I thought Jihyun’s cooking dinner?” She asked curiously as she continued staring at him. A cooking Donghae definitely was a rare sight.

“Go and take a bath first, dinner will be ready soon. I’ll explain to you later!” He said as he skipped back to the kitchen and continued making his soup.

Borim decided to just heed his advice and she desperately needed a bath after filming for a variety show the entire day.

--

When Borim came down from her bath, she saw Ryeowook in the kitchen as well. “Annyeong Borim-ah!” Ryeowook said cheerfully as he saw her come out into the living room.

“Ryeowook oppa?” The doubts and question marks in her head had increased even more. It wasn’t because she was about to have dinner with Ryeowook and Donghae, it was because the whole living room was decorated with balloons and the table had been set up with a candle in the middle. This definitely isn’t an ordinary dinner.

“I’m going now, have a good night! Bye!” Ryeowook waved as he scurried out of the door, leaving Borim and Donghae at the dining table. Borim’s stomach couldn’t help but growl as soon as she took in the fragrance of the food on the table. It was a spread, and it definitely is good news for her as she hadn’t eaten much the whole day.

“I’m sure you’re wondering why there’s only two of us for dinner today when Jihyun called you home for dinner.” Donghae started. Borim nodded and continue listening.

“Erm… w-would you like to go to the SM party with me?” Donghae asked nervously

--

It was almost 1am when the door clicked open and all heads turned to the door as Donghae walked in. Everyone had come back from their schedules and had gathered at the Super Junior dorms, except for Donghae and Borim.

“How did it go?! Why aren’t you here with Borim?” Eunhyuk asked as Donghae settled on the seat beside him. Donghae wore a sad expression and didn’t say a word while the rest of us held our breaths and looked at him.

“She said she have to think about it…” Donghae trailed off

“Don’t be too dejected, Donghae oppa, Borim’s usually like this.” I comforted him while the rest of the room fell silent.

“SHE AGREED!” Donghae let out a big smile and I sighed in relief.

“Yah, Lee Donghae, so you were tricking us?!” Heechul screamed and let out a grunt.

“Those acting lessons didn’t go to waste.” Donghae chuckled while Eunhyuk and I hit him on his arms.

“Where’s Borim anyway?” I asked
“She’s on the phone with one of the producers regarding her latest schedule, she asked me to come over first.” Donghae explained

As if on cue, Borim walked in and the entire room erupted in cheers again. Borim seemed to know what we were cheering about and turned red instantly.

Hyomin, Soomi and I rushed over to Borim and we squealed together, and we danced around her, which made the entire room laugh again.

--

The next few days passed quickly and soon it was time to prepare for the SM party. Everybody got up early though there were no schedules and the whole of Super Junior and 4EVER gathered in the dining room for breakfast.

“Excited for later on?” Eunhyuk greet me with a morning kiss as I entered the door.
“Very!” I chuckled and we headed to the dining table hand in hand.

“Hyung, I wished I had a girlfriend!” Donghae grimaced as he looked at us feeding each other.
“Well, perhaps you can ask Borim if she wants to be your girlfriend.” Heechul shrugged and continue eating while the entire room broke out into teases and both Donghae and Borim turned red.

After breakfast, Eunhyuk and I decided to spend time in my dorm instead because the boys were noisily playing computer games with occasional shouts here and there.

When we arrived at the dorm, Borim and Donghae were watching a drama on the sofa while Soomi and Ryeowook were exchanging cooking skills. At least it was so much quieter here compared to the Super Junior dorms.

We headed to the room and just when I was about to open the door, I closed it again.

“What’s wrong?” Eunhyuk asked curiously as he saw me being hesitant to open the door.
“It’s just that… we’ve always been spending time in your dorm and this is the first time you’re seeing my room, so don’t freak out.” I warned

“Is your room messy? Don’t worry about that, the members have it worst.” Eunhyuk chuckled. I was totally not worried about the cleanliness part, what I was worried about were the Super Junior and the individual Eunhyuk posters I hung up onto my wall, and all the merchandises that were laying around on my table.

“On second thoughts, maybe we should go to the living room.” I tried to push him out of the way but he wouldn’t budge.
“Donghae and Borim’s out in the living room and also, I wanna see your room!” He pouted and swung my arm, giving out his cutest aegyo.

“Fine.” I gave in and opened the door.

I ran to the bed and buried my face in the pillow immediately, not wanting to see his reaction about it.

I heard a chuckle and then I felt a pair of arms snaking its way around my waist.

“So that’s what you are afraid to let me see.” He let out a hearty laugh and I removed the pillow from my face, head still down.

“I knew you were a fan, but I didn’t expect you to be such a HUGE fan. “ He boasted and held me closer.

“I’m so embarrassed. I have never thought that you would step into my room one day and after we got together I never really had the time to take it down so…” I trailed off

“Don’t take it down! Why are you ashamed of it? I’m so proud that my face is all over my girlfriend’s wall.” He let out a gummy smile which made me smile too.

We lay down on my bed and cuddled, having small talks occasionally, or not talking at all, enjoying each other’s presence. It felt so good to be in his embrace after so long again. We barely had time to meet and the busy schedules had taken the toll on us. We had both been so stressed up at work lately and this no schedules day definitely perked me up a little.

“I’m gonna be MC-ing on one of the music programs from next week onwards.” He suddenly said as he twirled my hair on his finger.

“That’s great! Which music program will you be on?” I anticipated.

“Inkigayo.”

“With…?” I dreaded the reply.

“IU and Lee Hyunwoo.” He replied simply while I jerked up and turned to look at him.

“What’s wrong?” He asked worriedly
“N-nothing…” I said and lay back down again.

“Are you worried about IU?” He asked. How did he know?

I nodded.

He sighed loudly and began “Jihyun-ah, I have something to tell you…”

I held my breath and looked at him. I could hear the clock ticking by and I could tell he was getting ready as he sat up and held my arms.

“She was my ex-girlfriend.” He said and waited for my reaction.

What?

My mouth gaped open and I waited for him to continue on. “Only the members knew about this. Other people didn’t know we were together. We were very low profile.” He said carefully

That explains why she was so mean to me.

“Talk to me, I want to know what you are thinking.” He seemed worried that I hadn’t been responding to what he said.

“Do you still love her?” The words spilled out before I could form them in my mind.

1 second, 2 seconds, 30 seconds. He was hesitant.

“I was crushed when she left me. It took me a long time to get over her. She really knew how to push and pull. It was like, she came to me when she wanted to, and left whenever she felt like it. I was just sick and tired of getting treated like this so I finally called it off.”

“And then?” I encouraged, wanting to know more.

“I got together with another girl then, and she suddenly wedged in and caused a huge misunderstanding between both of us that I had to give up on that girl. In the end, after the misunderstanding, we got back together again. I didn’t know about it till one day, Tiffany and Hyoyeon came to me and told me they overheard IU talking to someone else about what happened between me and the girl.”

“What did you do?”

“I broke up with her. That was the last straw. At first, I completely ignored her, but over time, I realized in this industry, you can’t really avoid someone forever, so, I decided to continue being friends with her. The members disliked that fact of course, but we all agreed that having a friend is better than having an enemy.” He explained

“The SNSD unnies didn’t know about you two being together?” I asked

“Nope, Teuk hyung said it was better that lesser people know about it. I told them I only liked IU’s songs and I was only a fan.”

“Why did you tell me then?”

“I figured you have the right to know about this.  You are my girlfriend, and I want to be completely honest about everything with you. Trust is the most important thing in this relationship.” He said as he entwined his fingers with me.

“So do you still love her?”

“No. She’s been out of my life since a long time ago. You are my only one.” He said as he gazed into my eyes.

That was enough to confirm everything. IU didn’t matter anymore, she was the past. It didn’t matter even if she still has feelings for him, nor does it matter that she picks on me all the time because of him, because all that matters is here and now, and that’s the most important thing.

“Thank you for being so honest with me.” I said and let out a genuine smile and a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

“So will you tell me about your past?” He smirked and propped himself up on his hands.

“I’ve never had a boyfriend before, if that’s what you want to know.” I replied nonchalantly and he widened his eyes.
“Why do you look so surprised?”

“You look like a heartbreaker who has broken many innocent man’s hearts!” He teased

“Hey!” I hit his arms while he let out a chuckle

“So I’m your first love?” He asked with a wide grin on his face.

“And you’ll be my last.” I said as I pulled him closer to me, our faces inches apart.

“You’ll be too.” He smiled and we leaned in for a kiss.

--

“How does this look?” I asked the girls as I stepped out from the bathroom. The boys had already gone back to their dorms to prepare and we had agreed to meet at the doorstep at 6pm. It was already 5pm and all of us quickly started preparing.

 

 

“Awesome!” All the girls screamed as I walked out with my outfit and accessories.

“Hyukjae oppa is gonna be crazy over you!” Hyomin fangirled as she rolled on the bed.

After waiting for them to finish changing, we helped each other with our makeups, with the exception of me lazing around, waiting for them to help them with mine because I didn’t know how to put on.

“Jihyun-ah, you really have to learn how to put on make up!” Borim whined as she finished up the last touch of mascara on Soomi’s eyes.

“I have zero interest in make up!” I complained
“I can’t believe you’re an idol and you don’t know how to put make up.” Soomi rolled her eyes as she plopped down beside me.

“I just don’t understand why we can’t go natural!”

“Alright, just come over here!” Borim said and I ran over quickly, happy that I escaped their naggings.

--

“I’m so anxious to see the girls!” Donghae said excitedly as he straightened his tie in the mirror.
“Borim, to be exact.” Siwon smirked, which led Donghae into another blushing state again.

“You know, I think I really like her.” Donghae admitted.

“We know.” A bunch of voices suddenly said and Donghae turned behind, shocked to see the rest of s eavesdropping.

“When did you guys get here?!” Donghae asked. “Since you said you were anxious to see the girls.” Heechul shrugged and shoved his way through to take a look of himself in the mirror.

“Go for it hyung, we are behind you!” Ryeowook patted his shoulder comfortingly.

--

The bell rang on the dot at 6pm on the door of the 4EVER dorm and the sound of click-clack upon the floor could be heard.

The door swung open and there stood 4 beautiful ladies that the boys had been waiting all day. Each of them let out a big smile on their faces when they met and separated into their dates.

Eunhyuk and Jihyun, Borim and Donghae, Hyomin and Kyuhyun, while Soomi was with Ryeowook.

The four couples would go into their respective cars while the rest of the boys were off to pick up their dates and all of them would meet up at the party.

Shindong is going to bring Nari, Yesung is going to bring Yuri, Siwon with Yoona, Sungmin with Sunny, Heechul with Jessica, Kangin with Taeyeon and Leeteuk with Seohyun.

“You look beautiful.” Eunhyuk said he got into the car and shut the door. Jihyun gave a shy smile and looked at their outfits. They coordinated their outfits to black and white so they looked even better together.

“You look good in your suit too Mr. Hyukjae.” She let out a light chuckle which made him smile. Oh, the things this girl could do to him.