WHOSE IN?

CHANCE OF LOVE

 

“Turn left.” I instructed him. Seeing that there were 2 cars parked in front of my house, I thought of who could possibly park his car there. The silver one is mine but who owns that red one? It was just this morning when the towing service I called, told me that they had already delivered my car in my house.

                Again, I remembered. After forcibly pushing him, he left without any word. He left me in that dark place. He didn’t even ask me to get inside his car knowing that my car’s engine failed me. Hence, I have to walk up to the main road that cost me so much sweat and energy.

                “Hey, Mr. Lee, park it there.” I pointed to a space available for parking. I opened the frontal door and he was there to assist me. Still in that condition, I accepted his munificence.

                Hye Jin opened the gate. “Why are the lights on?” she looked at me. She was bothered of who could possibly get into my house other than me. The three of us got inside the house. Hye Jin was ahead us while he was still assisting me.

                “What happened to you?” I heard someone asked.

                “Mother?! What are you doing here? I thought you’re on your business trip.” I interjected. I haven’t seen her for 2 weeks since she flew to China for our business. We have this small business, but as time passed by and due to her good management skills, she was able to augment our business. She was currently busy for a merge with other company.

                “Yes, I am but I immediately went back here to talk with you.” What is it that made her flew back here? I can decipher excitement in her face and voice. She was so delighted upon saying those words. Her excitement influenced me as well. I felt excited too.

                “What is it mom?” she saw Mr. Lee who was at that time, assisting me to sit on the sofa. Her brows met each other’s end.

                “Who is he?” she asked. “I am Lee Kiseop, Madame.” He introduced himself. “He’s our friend Mrs. Oh.” Hye Jin introduces further.

                “Oh, good. I thought he is your boyfriend.” She behold on me with her pacified semblance. “Have a seat.” She offered Hye Jin and Mr. Lee a seat. The two took their seats. She stood up and went to the kitchen.

While staring at my broken ankle… “Don’t worry, that won’t take long. That’s just a mild injury. Just be more careful next time.” He stated.

Should I be thankful to this guy? Should I say ‘Thank You’ to him? He seems so knowledgeable about injuries. Is he lined in a medicine field?

“As I was saying, I came here to talk to you.” From the kitchen, she carried a tray with four cups of tea and placed it on the center table. While distributing the cups of tea … “ This coming Saturday, you will be meeting the son of Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” She sat thereafter. “I have set everything for your date.” She continued.

A little amount of tea burst out from my mouth. “Date?” my eyes were wide opened. Date? Is she joking? She’s joking … I hope so …

“Yes! DATE!” she confirmed.

“But…” I expressed my refusal.

“No ‘buts! I’m not asking you to do this. I’m telling you to do this.” She really is a fond of imposing things, rules etc. Since I and Sung Jae broke up, I never had any dates with other man. NEVER….. Not until Saturday, I think. I looked at Hye Jin and she just look at me saying ‘Just follow your mom.’ Then, I remembered my broken ankle.

“But mom… I don’t think I can make it. My ankle was broken.” I was hoping that things will alter. I’m not ready for a date. I criss-crossed my fingers wishing for a change of her mind.

“I told you, don’t worry about that. Before Saturday comes, you will be ok. “Mr. Lee butted in which worsened my situation. I stared at him as if I’m going to kill him. I just wished he left earlier. That Lee Kiseop… he is so insensitive. I took a glance of my wrist watch. “It’s late, I think you must go now.” expressing my will of pushing him outside my house. He held his cup of tea, took his last sip thereafter.

“Mrs. Oh, thank you for this tea.” He placed the cup back on the center table. “… I must go now.” He stood up and bowed his head. “I must also go now.” Hye Jin bowed her head. The two left me with this kind of situation. Something that I can probably shun doing only if that Lee Kiseop didn’t hinder my excuse.

“So, I think we’re set now.” She finished her tea and stood up. She  stretched her arms. “ I will sleep now. I am tired for this whole day.” She took steps climbing the stairs. She’s happy. I can sense that. How I wish I also felt the same. But in actually felt the opposite. A huge breath exited from me.