MISTER WHOSOEVER YOU ARE

CHANCE OF LOVE

 

Just as soon as my class ended, I immediately stood up and leave the room. On my way out the campus, my feet were perpetually walking but I was bothered by the car parked just in front of me. “Looks familiar.” I murmured. Seemingly, I saw that car somewhere but I can’t remember when and where. ‘Well, cars do look the same. Maybe that’s the reason for my notion.

            Still bewildered, I reached the campus gate and …

            “Ouch!” I bumped into something that made me lose my balance. My heart and mind almost flew away cause of fright and nervous. I was about to fall.

            “Hey Miss…” he held my hand and wrapped me with his other hand thereafter. Just like a fairy tale scene, everything seems to be perfect and romantic. I envisioned that scene with floating bubbles while my eyes were busy focusing on his alluring eyes. And his lips… his lips that were just five inches away from mine. Everything was at freeze. My heart almost got out my chest.

            “Miss?...” he disrupted my phantasm and released my body. He stared at me for too long and took few steps away from me. ‘Had I met him? He looks familiar. His eyes, his lips and …’

            “You?!” he interjected. I turned my head 90 degrees, my brows met each other’s end and a memory flashed back on me that made me realized a thing. ‘He is that guy- the guy who ruined my night!’ I returned my apprehension on his appearance. A huge breath exited from me. All the anger I had felt because of him were regained.

            “Jang Min!” a gay voice exclaimed my name. but it wasn’t effective enough to take off my sight on this stupid being.

            “What kind of bad air brought you here?!” putting my two hands at my waist, asking him with an irritated voice.

            “Wait, you know him?” Hye Jin, who called me a while ago was puzzled after hearing my words.

            “Yes! He’s the guy that I was telling you earlier; the guy who bathed me with squalid water last night.” I exemplified looking at him with anger.

            “But he is Sung Hyun’s friend. The one I’m also telling you.” What she ascertained made my feelings go like a roller coaster ride. Unexplainable. I was in intense astonishment.

            “This is Mr. Lee Kiseop, Sung Hyun’s long time friend. He is the one Sung Hyun was referring to yesterday, remember? By the way, this is Oh Jang Min, my friend. She was about to come with us last night to meet you but she failed to do so.” Hye Jin introduced us to each other. However, it doesn’t change a thing. I’m still irked by him. What’s funny is that, of all people, he unluckily turned out to be Sung Hyun’s long time friend.

            “Oh well… nice meeting you again.” That mister spoke as if nothing happened last night and offered me a handshake. I gave him a dual-meaning smile and he smiled back at me.

            My hand almost reached his hand but it was not for his offered handshake. I honestly didn’t intend to also give him a handshake. So, what I did is to forcibly hit his hand with mine.

                "Look... mister Lee or .. whosoever you are. I don't care if you happened to be Sung Hyun's friend. What happened last night is a proof of who you really are and I don't like you and your attitude. So, don't fake me with your bogous kindness, ok?!" I turned my back on him, slapping his face with my long hair.

            I left. I walked away hastily but with grace telling him that I'm not nobody. I walked just like a model. The path I'm taking served as my ramp. My walk looked like a funambulation- so straight, y and eye-catching.

            'I'm Oh Jang Min. He can't please me with a simple handshake. If he's really after my forgiveness, then he better do something more than a simple handshake. After that imputation, he must know who I really am.' with continuous motion, I swayed my hips with seductiveness and maintained a posture with attractiveness. I know he's still looking after me. My senses told me so. But all of a sudden, I fell.

            I almost faced down the ground. “Oh my !” I ignored the pain. I cared more on if he saw that. Hoping that my senses were wrong. I instantly stood up trying to regain the gracefulness I had prior to that shameful downfall. I was able to stood up but not for long. Again, I tried to position myself verticcaly, but before I could set my body properly, gravity pulled me down. Good thing, someone caught me.

            “Be careful!” he laid me and palpate my right leg to my foot. “You broke your ankle.” He at an instant, inspected his pockets and pulled out a handkerchief. Spontaneously, he covered my ankle with his white hanky. I was not able to articulate any word. I felt embarrassed – so embarrassed that I can’t even afford to look at him. “What should I do? It really hurts!’ my intention was to prove to him that he shouldn’t have done what he did last night but it turned to be that I was a careless, pitiful moron that ever existed in this world.

            He tittered.

            “What’s funny, huh?” I pushed him away.

            “You look so bothered. Don’t be too shy. Here …” he offered me his back. “Can you ..”

            “No! I won’t and I don’t like to!” I exclaimed. I refused to ride on his. That was foolishness! Riding on my enemy’s back is deterioration to my dignity. “I can handle things on my own!” But I think, my rejection was useless. He held my hand and made me swathe his back with my body.

            “What are you saying? You can handle things on your own?” he chuckled and swayed his head left to right meaningfully. He carried me straight to his car. For that moment, my emotions were like a combination of various fruits put together in a blender.

            “Jang Min… are you ok?” Hye Jin opened the frontal door of that mister’s car.

            “She’s not ok. Let me bring her home.” He comfortably positioned me inside his car and immediately ran to the other frontal door.

            “Hye Jin, come with us.” I said. “What if this mister whosoever he is has some bad intentions for me? You must come with us!” I interjected suspecting that man- that man whom saved me from falling twice.

            Hye Jin entered the car.

            “First, I’m a gentleman. Second, I’m Lee Kiseop, not mister whosoever, ok Miss Oh Jang Min? he started the engine and maneuver the steering wheel.

            How I loved to hit him! But catching me twice is, I think, enough for forgiveness. Besides, he’s not totally rude. He’s driving me home. ‘Could it be that he is my knight in shining armor?’ I was staring on his handsome face.

            “What am I thinking?” I murmured. I’m losing my mind. “Huh? You’re saying something?” he curiously asked.

            “Nothing! Mind the road!”

 

 

 

Kiseop’s POV:

 

            I volunteered to drive home this lady named Oh Jang Min. I only have one reason to do this. Knowing that what I had told her last night was really unpleasant to hear, I offered my service to hopefully make peace with her. It’s a small world after all, to know that she is friend with Sung Hyun and Hye Jin.

            “Oh yah, I remember… Hye Jin can you inform Sung Hyun about what happened. He might be still waiting for me there.” She, in an instant, called her boyfriend.

            I was there at their campus, waiting for Sung Hyun. We were about to organize things for our planned high school reunion. After I went to America to study college, I wasn’t able to hear news about some of my high school friends. That was a four-year stay in a foreign land that made me miss a lot here in my native surroundings. I decided to fly back here in Korea just after I graduated and after that painful experience I had in America. Actually, my main reason for coming back here is to focus more on myself. I need space. I need time. I need peace of mind and most especially I need to forget.