Ailee x JR

Plenty of Idols on the Stage

…And JR won by 3 votes!

Ailee x JR

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Don’t lie.” Said JR as he stepped closer

Ailee stared at him, a tear falling down her cheek

“Is this what a happy expression is?”

She hesitated before answering him “…This is what my expression looks like when I’m happy.”

He grabbed her by the shoulders roughly “Stop with your white hot lies! You awful girl.”

Ailee stayed silent

“You foolish girl.” His voice pained.

More tears streamed down her face.

“And cut!” Yelled the director

JR and Ailee stepped away from each other

“That was good.” Said the PD as they got off the set “Sora-ssi and Jiyeon-ssi you’re next.”

It’s been a couple of months since productions began for Dream High 2 and the pair had just finished a scene of reenactment from the ending in the original Dream High. The 13th episode was being done, now just 3 more episodes to go until the finale.

“Noona,” JR said as he grabbed a nearby tissue and offered it to her “You were really good.”

Ailee chuckled as she took the tissue and wiped her tears “It was nothing. You weren’t too bad yourself.”

JR shrugged “Thanks but I couldn’t’ get any tears to come out, no matter how hard I pinched myself.”

“What? Really?” she laughed “You don’t have to do that. Just try to imagine what the character felt during that time and express it… if not, think of something sad.”

“Something sad?” he questioned

Ailee nodded “Yeah. Depending on the mood of the scene, think of something sad when you need to cry in a scene or think of something happy when the scene requires a happy atmosphere.” She looked at him “…Though we might not want to feel and remember what once made us sad… it, it helps us feel the emotion that we have to portray.”

“Wow,” JR couldn’t help but leave his mouth gapping “You really are amazing…”

Ailee laughed “Hey! Stop it,” she ruffled his hair “You’re really good at giving compliments you know?”

He smiled as they parted ways for the week. Staring at her back as she continued walking unaware of his gaze. He wondered how long it had been since he started becoming aware of her? Watching her from afar?

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Ailee-noona!” JR called out

Ailee turned to see who had called her

“Ah, Junior-ssi!” she said as he approached “How are you?”

“I’m great! Never been better in fact.”

She shook her head as they walked towards the stage “I can’t believe how you still have so much energy left after all this filming.”

“I managed to take a nap in the car before coming to the set.” He replied.

“I should have done that,” She yawned “Maybe I’ll try to find a nice storage closet to take nap in.”

JR laughed as they joined the cast.

They were about to peform their duet called Summer Nights. And it was something that JR had been looking forward to that week. It was a song about romance.

He remembered how surprised he was when he learned that his character was going to have his own love triangle despite of being a side character. It was even more of surprise when he learned that Ailee was going to take part in it. The age between them was 5 years apart though he really didn’t care; they got along great after all. Besides, it was just acting right?

 “Okay, let’s start with the boy’s duet fist!” called out the PD

And so they waited.

----------------------

It took a couple of hours of waiting before the PD finally called out their names

He turned to her, offering a hand “Ready noona?”

Ailee smiled before taking it “Ready.”

Helping her up, they headed towards the center of the stage while the others cleared out

“Just as we practiced,” she reminded.

JR nodded. His English wasn’t the best but he was determined to do as little mistakes as possible. They got into positions.

---------------------

He put his arm between hers as he continued to sing;        

Saved her life, she nearly drowned

 

She moved away and he playfully tipped;

He showed off splashing around

 

They sang together;

Summer sun, something's begun

 

She put a finger to his forehead as she pushed him back;

But, uh oh, those summer nights

 

Well-a, well-a, well-a, uh!

 

He looked around;

Tell me more, tell me more

“Everyone. Listen to my heart!” He spoke in Korean

 

She smiled;

Tell me more, tell me more

“I really like you…”

JR’s heart suddenly skipped a beat

He ignored it.

She leaned on him and played his part and moved away;

It turned colder; that's where it ends

 

He turned to look back at her;

So I told her we'd still be friends

 

Then we made our true love vow

 

They faced each other’s backs;

Wonder what she's doin' now

 

JR went to get the rose from Ji-Soo’s mouth and went back to Ailee;

Summer dreams ripped at the seams

 

They finished the last part together. He kneeling offering the rose;

But, oh, those summer nights

 

The staff and cast, along with extras clapped to their performance once it was finished. The pair glanced at each other before waving to the camera.

That was a wrap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that when it started?’ he thought as he waited for JB to finish his scenes ‘No it was before that…’

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. Your guys got the moves but keep practicing. I’ll be back to check on you guys.” Said their choreographer and left to assist their castmates

The pair high-fived each other as they did a victory dance.

At the time they were practicing for their upcoming tango dance.

Ailee laughed as she watched Yoo So Young and Jung Yeon Joo practice, there’s being comical of course. Her’s and JR’s dance was the only dance that would be done correctly while everyone else’s would be done as if they were amateurs for the drama.

“Shall we start from the beginning?” JR asked

Ailee nodded and he went to press play on their device

Their choreographer came back sooner than they thought “Here,” he said as he handed a key to JR

“What’s this for?” she asked

“Well since you guys got the choreography finished, I thought you two can practice in the room next door.”

“Really?!” questioned JR

The choreographer nodded “Go ahead and practice. Be careful.”

Ailee and JR acted like little children who had just entered a candy shop as they ran to the other practice room

They opened the door

“It’s nice to have all this room,” Ailee said as they looked around “Now let’s get started.”

JR played the music. They got together.

He swung Ailee and she slid down and swiped a leg under his two. She tipped back as he easily supported her weight, leaning back when she came up to lift her leg up. They stepped back and she spun into his arms, her hand on the base of neck. He shivered but she didn’t notice. JR lifted her once more as he rotated them and her, with her head tipped back. They were getting sweaty by the number of times they had been practicing this dance. Both landed on their feet. Her hand still on his neck.

He wondered if she can hear his heart beating?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, he remembered that day very well. But could you blame him? He was turning 20 this year after all! You would have to be a block of ice not to feel anything. He was a growing boy afterall...

Puberty had taken its toll.

Though he wasn’t really interested in her physically, she made him laugh and when he made her laugh just seeing her beautiful smile was enough to make his day.

But still, he shook his head while getting in the car with JB ‘That’s not it either. Maybe it was…’      

---------------------------------------------------------------------

JR laughed as he and his partner; JB came out of wardrobe

“This is so cool! Can you believe were actually gonna be in drama?” He said as he checked out Kirin’s school uniform

“Yeah it’s pretty cool isn’t it?” replied JB as he looked around “Whose shooting by the way?”

JR turned to look but was blocked by a tall figure

“Are you guys having fun?”

“Jinwoon-hyung!” exclaimed both boys

He ruffled their hair and laughed “Calm down, there’s no need to shout.”

“Sorry.” They replied sheepishly

Jinwoon turned to the direction of the girls “Have you guys said to your sunbaes yet?”

JB nodded

“How about to Ailee-ssi?”

“Who?”

“Ailee-ssi,” the 2AM member replied and pointed in her direction “She hasn’t debut yet but she appeared on TV before you guys so that makes her your sunbae.”

JR turned to look at her; she was currently posing alongside with the other two idols in black & white costumes. Where had he seen her before?

“She does look familiar…” trailed off JB

“Ah!” said JR “I remember now! She came out in Singers and Trainee, didn’t she?”

“Hmm, that’s right.”

“Yup,” responded Jinwoon “Go greet after she’s done with the shoot.”

JB nodded as JR continued to stare at the future rookie singer. She was pretty.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Frustrated, he pulled his hair

“Woah,” said JB “What’s wrong Ji Young?”

JR signed. Oh well, it didn’t matter when it started all that mattered was that he liked her.

He turned to the older one “It’s nothing. I’m just tired.”

“Well gets some rest then. You have practice tomorrow and then filming on Thursday.” Said their manager

“You heard him,” said JB “Get some rest you need it.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

As filming for the drama went on, JR came to a conclusion on which female character, his character was going to end up with and that was Lee Seul. Though he got along with Yeon Joo who played her and they were the same age, she was not Ailee. He had grown even closer to her within these past months. Time was running out.

“JR-ssi?”

“Huh?” he snapped out of his thought “Yes?”

“We finished,” said Yeon Joo “It’s over.”

JR looked around. They were done? They finished filming the last episode?

Yeon Joo hugged him, catching him off “It was nice working with you. Let’s stay in touch okay?”

He saw Ailee hugging Hyorin out of the corner of his eye “Ah, uh yeah, it was nice meeting you too Yeon Joo-ssi,”

She smiled

He moved to Kim Ji Soo

---------------

“I’m going to miss you Hyorin-ah!” cried Ailee as she hugged the younger singer

Hyorin laughed “I’ll miss you too unnie.”

“Remember to text me,”

“I gave you my number right? Feel free to call me whenever you want to talk.”

“Of course!”

They hugged one more time

“Bye Ailee-unnie!”

“Bye!” yelled Ailee with a wave ‘Such a sweet girl,’ she turned around and ran into…

JR

“Junior-ssi,” she said “Can you believe it’s already over?”

“Yeah, hard to believe huh?” he replied glancing around

Ailee nodded “It’s been fun though. I’ll never forget it.”

JR looked at her “Me neither.”

He was nervous.

“JR,” she held out her hand “I had a great time working with you! Hope we see still see each other around.”

He slowly shook it

“Goodbye.”

And with that she turned to leave

“Ah! Ailee-noona” he let out before he can stop himself

She turned around “Hmm?”

“…I wanted to say I…I…”

She waited for him to continue

He signed “Never mind. It’s nothing.”

“Are you sure?”

There’s no point…’ he took a deep breath “Yeah, I’m sure.”

Ailee only managed to take a couple of steps before he called her out again, she turned around

“Yes-”

 JR tackled her into a hug

“Ah! ...JR-ssi?”

“Just wanted hug you at least once. This is a more proper goodbye.” He pulled away.

Ailee laughed “You big softie,” she ruffled his hair “You sound like you’re going to forget about me or something…”

JR gave a set smile “Bye noona.”

And with that he left without turning back, leaving a confused Ailee behind.

He knew his feeling for her weren’t going to be returned. That they weren’t going to be mutual feelings. They would remain friends of course but nothing more.

JR continued walking.

And so this was how this love ends.

It was unrequired love after all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the depressing ending and I know I said I was going to post this chapter on time but I wasn’t satisfied with it, kept rearranging and ended up missing my deadline again. Sorry. Did I troll anyone in the beginning by the way? ...No? Okay. I was actually surprised that JR won, I thought you guys would vote for Gikwang instead, though JR is the youngest out of the idols on the previous poll. He and Ailee have a rough 5 year age difference between them.

After finishing typing this chapter, I noticed that I didn’t know if JR name was pronounced as Junior or just said like the initials so I went to find a youtube video of them introducing themselves. Turns out it it’s pronounced like Junior/Jr. lol I didn’t know that.

We also have the same birthday~

Underlined italics were lyrics since they were in the flashback.

P.S: Sorry for those who didn’t like the ending or felt he should have confessed, I tried to take a more realistic approach for this chapter.

 Upvote 

NOTE: Keep in mind that each chapter will be like the previous chapter never happened.

The real-life events that took place in this chapter were:

3/8/12- Filming for 12th episode

3/15/12- Filming for 13th episode

12/15/11- First shooting for Dream High 2

 

NOTE: All of the male idols that I have listed in the foreword will have their own chapter but the voting decide which idol goes first.

The next shipping will be:

Ailee x Someone older

NOTE: Voting starts when I post the chapter and ends/closes the following Monday.

The next idol will be older than Ailee which means they were born 1988 or before:

 

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED.

 

Don’t forget to vote. Remember voting ends each following Monday.

The male idol will be revealed this upcoming Friday when the new chapter is posted!

EXTRA ANNOUNCEMENT:

I would like to thank all those who commented on this story but I would especially like to thank; 

soccermom123, FFBora and gingah4evah for being the three users that have been leaving the most comments out of all the subscribers. Comments mean a lot to me so thank you :) but since I feel that a simple thank you isn’t enough; You three can pick which male idol goes next of your choosing (from the list below) after the next chapter. I’ll still go in order (younger -> older -> same age) but you guys can choose the next idols depeding on their age. Sorry this is the best I can do ^^'

The male idols that are still left are:

Jay Park/ Roh Ji Hoon/ (Big Bang) Daesung, Taeyang & Seungri/ (BEAST) Gikwang/ (JJ Project) JR/ (B.A.P): Daehyun, Himchan, Jongup & Zelo/ (Super Junior) Eunhyuk, (SHINee) Onew & Taemin/ (INFINITE) Sunggyu & Dongwoo/ (MBLAQ) G.O, Seugnho & Thunder/ Wheesung/ (2 AM) Jinwoon/ (2 PM) Taecyeon & Jun. K/ Kim Jong Kook/ (TVXQ) Yuhno and (FT Island) Jonghoon.

Mention the idol when posting a comment. Thanks for all you’ve done so far :D

Usual voting will commence afterwards.

Comments are welcomed and I appreciate the subscriptions! Thanks.

Look forward to the next chapter~