Ailee x Sunggyu

Plenty of Idols on the Stage

And the winner is... Sunggyu! Enjoy.

 

Ailee x Sunggyu

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ailee glared at him

“What?! I’m telling you I don’t like Hyuna-ssi that way. I was just saying that for the show.” Sunggyu brought the soloist closer to him “You’re the only girl I have feelings for, not her.” He finished

Ailee pouted “Well can you blame me for asking? A bunch of articles kept popping up after the episode aired!” she said “I hate feeling-”

Sunggyu put his head next to hers “Feeling what? Jealous?”

“I wasn’t jealous!…I—I was curious if my boyfriend was having feelings another woman…”

The Infinite’s leader just laughed in response as he hugged her tighter

The couple finally got to spend some quality time after not seeing each other for weeks and were now currently in Infinite’s apartment.

“Remind me why we couldn’t go to your apartment again?” he asked as Ailee went over to the kitchen

“My stylist lives next door…” she trailed off as she came back with drinks “Well long story short; I love her but she can’t keep a secret.”

“Ah.”

Ailee signed “I hate that we have to hide all this.”

Sunggyu nodded “Yeah…”

Keeping their feelings for each other was just one of the prices of being an idol, it stunk but it was reality. No one knew that they were dating, not their staff, companies, CEO’s, not even the INFINITE members knew. So before Ailee came over, Sunggyu made sure everybody would be out and as far away from the dorms as possible.

"Don't worry when the time is right, I'll shout it out to the world that you're my girlfriend,"

Ailee stared up at him "...When?"

He held her hand "Soon."

She stayed silent until she spoke up again “Well going back to ideal types…”

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow “Yeah?”

“Does Dongwoo really think I’m beautiful?” She smiled

He narrowed his eyes “Why?”

“Well he’s the only idol to actually call me beautiful!”

“I call you beautiful all the time!” He pointed at himself

“Yeah but that was after we started dating. Besides, he did it on an actual show! I did always think he had a nice smile.”

Now it was Sunggyu’s turn to pout “Well I-”

Ailee laughed “Don’t worry Sunggyu! You’ll always be my favorite hamster!” She pinched his cheeks

Sunggyu eyes soften when his girlfriend happily laid back and snuggled into him. The memory of their encounters came to mind as they watched TV;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hello Sunggyu-sunbae.”

The Infinite’s leader turned around; it was Ailee. He nodded in response and bowed back 90’ degrees before turning back to Ryeowook

It was his first time on Immortal Song 2 and he was nervous. Being surrounded by his sunbaes and other talented singers was pressuring but he was determined to do his best. It was a major step towards his separate activities from the group after all.

“Ah, Ailee-ssi! How are you?” asked Ryeowook

Ailee smiled as she came closer to them

“I’m doing good oppa. How are you? It’s been a while since SUKIRA radio.” She replied

“Yeah it has. I’m doing well…”

Sunggyu glanced at the soloist as she continued speaking to Ryeowook. They had met a few times prior to this and he was very surprised to hear that they were the same age since he thought she was younger. It was nice to see someone else his age in the industry though they weren’t close, his personality didn’t make it easy.

------

His mouth just hung opened after witnessing Ailee’s performances. She was better than he thought! He had actually gotten goose bumps. Sunggyu closed his mouth after the others started clapping.

She had talent; there was no doubt about it.

----------------------------------------

They had met plenty of times after that day, they usually met in other Immortal Song 2 recordings. Weirdly enough, they became friends though Sunggyu was still awkward but Ailee was surprisingly social despite of being a rookie.

To the point where she called his name with a –ssi though he did it to.

“So you like rock too?” he asked, surprised

She nodded “Yeah, I like all types of genre. From R&B to rock.”

“Really?”

“Why so surprised?”

“Just shocked, doesn’t seem like you would like that kind of music.”

“Music is music. Appearances have nothing to do with passion for it.”

He smiled.

--------------------------------------

They eventually got close enough to have each other’s phone number along with random calls when they could. They were fond of each other.

“I heard you won against PSY’s sunbaenim’s song. Congrats.”

She giggled “Thanks. It’s my first ever win on a music show.”

“Well you deserve it. For a rookie you’re doing a pretty good job, if you’re considered a rookie.”

‘He’s getting better at giving compliments…’ she thought

“So how did you celebrate the big day?”

“The YMC family took me out to eat.” She responded

“…Was Eru-sunbae there?”

“Of course. Why?”

He took a moment to answer “No reason.”

Ailee ignored the pause and hugged her knees closer “So what are you doing now?”

Sunggyu looked around “I’m in the practice room right now?”

“It’s 11 o’ clock and you’re still practicing? That’s rough. Make sure you drink plenty of water.”  

He chuckled “We finished practice 3 hours ago. I’m just here for some peace and quiet.”

“Quiet, huh?”

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing wrong with quiet, it’s just… every time we talk on the phone I always notice its quiet like you don’t want the members to know who you’re too. Like you were embarrassed be caught with me.”

“Well I-I-”    

Ailee sat up “What?! So you are embarrassed of me!”

“Ailee-ssi! It’s not like-”

“I can’t believe you! I thought you were my friend!”

“Listen to me! It’s-”

“Ugh! And I thought you—you dumb grandpa hamster! Don’t bother calling me ever again!”

She hanged up.

And he couldn’t sleep that night.

-------------------------------------------------------

It had been 3 weeks since they last spoke to each other. With Ailee ignoring Sunggyu calls, their schedule prevented them from running into each other. He had missed her. A lot.

 It wasn’t until after KBS Music Bank that Sunggyu had the chance to explain himself properly.

He quietly entered her dressing room after the broadcast was over

She turned around, surprised to see him “What do you want?”

“I wanted to explain myself,”

“You have nothing to explain.” She headed towards the door “Now if you excuse I have to-”

“Ailee.”

His tone let her know that she couldn’t just walk away and she didn’t “You have 2 minutes.”

He signed “Look, the reason why I’m never with the others isn’t because I was embarrassed of you-”

She raised an eyebrow “Then why?”

“Well it’s true that I didn’t want them to know I was talking to you…”

“I knew it.” She muttered

“But it wasn’t because I was trying to hide it! It’s because… if they knew they would keep teasing me and it’s annoying.” He confessed.

“Tease you? Why would they tease you?”

“They say… that I like you and stuff,” he muttered while looking at the ground

“That’s silly. Of course you don’t. Were friends right?”

Sunggyu stayed silent

“…Sunggyu-ssi?”

“No.” He answered.

Ailee stepped back. She was hurt by his response.

“We can’t be friends…” He stepped closer to her

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunggyu watched as his girlfriend laughed at a commercial, her expression joyfull and her smile radiant.

--------------------------------------

“We can’t be friends because I want to be more than friends.”

Her eyes widen

“I like you”

--------------------------------------

Ailee noticed him staring and turned to look at him

“What’s wrong?”

---------------------------------------

“I—like you too.”

--------------------------------------

Sunggyu shook his head with a smile “Nothing, just happy that I finally get to spend some time with you. I missed you.”

Ailee felt her cheeks turn pink “I missed you too.”

He wrapped an arm around as they continued to watch TV. A few moments later he began to sing;

 

The shy heart that I hide, I will give it to you

Your smile, moves my cold personality

My dark closed heart, I will give it to you

Your strong love has given a meaning to me

 

Now Ailee was singing;

 

At first the unfamiliar special scent that only you had intrigued me

As time passes I change and keep changing

 

They looked into each other eyes as they sang the last part together, changing the lyrics;

 

Oh~ You shined light on my world, you are the one, you are the one

 

They were together and in love.

That was all that mattered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yes! Finally here’s the third chapter! I had so much trouble with this chapter. Sorry for taking an extra week to finally published it… I forgot to write it and decided to do it next week instead. I’ll try to update on time for future chapters. Yeah, so it seems that Sunggyu won the poll by a landslide and though I ship him with Ailee, I never really thought on how their relationship would be. So after doing research I found out that Sunggyu is awkward but romantic type when it comes to the girl he likes and then BAM this chapter happened (at 2:30 am).

For those who don’t know I read that Sunggyu would want to sing Clazziquai’s “She is” with his girlfriend if he had one, so that’s the song that they sing at the end.

P.S: I think I’m going to stick with these series of one-shots until the end. There somewhat challenging since I can’t have the same stories with each shipping but there fun when thinking about the different ways I can write them. I really do appreciate comments though. This story is the most work out of all my stories since I have to research the boys personality, their group and their schedules along with Ailee’s. I’m not demanding comments, heck no, I’m not that kind of author. I simply like comments because they tell me what appeals to the readers and which direction the story is going in… plus they make me feel giddy inside.

NOTE: Keep in mind that each chapter will be like the previous chapter never happened.

The real-life events that took place in this chapter were:

10/20/12- Broadcast of High Society with Infinite

06/04- Sunggyu and Ailee recording Immortal Song 2

11/23- Ailee’s win on Music Bank

12/21- INFINITE and Ailee perform on KBS Music Bank

The next shipping will be:

 

Ailee x Someone younger

You guys get to vote again on which the next male idol will be~

NOTE: Voting starts when I post the chapter and ends/closed the following Monday.      

The next idol will be younger than Ailee which means they were born 1990 & up:

 

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED. IDOL WILL BE REVEALED ON FRIDAY!!!

 

Don't forget to vote. Remember voting ends each following Monday.

The male idol will be revealed next Friday or Saturday when the new chapter is posted!

I appreciate the comments & subscriptions! Thanks.

Look forward to the next chapter~