The Normal Routine

30 Deeds in 100 Days

My name is Sean Benedict Park (Well, just call me "Ben"), 22 years old, and I'm currently working as an IT staff in a technology company. To be specific, I'm one of an all-around computer specialist.. like you know, web developing, database management, programming and anything that as something to do with it.  Yeah, but who cares if I say those things? Why? Because I've been stuck here in this place in which I called, "the office". Really, because all you do in your entire life is work.. work.. work.. work; I have no time for social life, I have no time for quality time, nothing.. just work and that's it. Ever since I was in high school, I do prioritize my studies and nothing else because I do believe it'll help me in the future.. and guess what, IT DID!

 

I just do not understand why some people don't seem to take things in life too seriously.. such as my good friend slash co-worker, Key.

 

Key: Hey bro, you've been working for three hours. Why not you hang out with us after work?

Ben: Sorry man, I can't. Got more projects to finish.

Key: Aww.. come on, man. We've never seen you party like a real crazy dude, even the guys from the Human Resources wanted to..

Ben: LISTEN KEY, if I want to finish the project on time, then I have to work seriously.

Key: *sheepishly* Oh OK. (*in his mind* Geez, what a work-a-holic.)

 

...as well as my best friend, Kylie.

 

Kylie: Annyeong, oppa! Wanna go bowling?

Ben: Sorry, Kylie. I got a website to develop due on Friday.

Kylie: Oppa, is this really what your life is about.. WORK?

Ben: Look, if I go bowling with you, then I would have wasted several minutes of my important time.

Kylie: *sarcastic* Well OK, it's nice to meet a friend like you, oppa. Seriously, you never did something that has nothing to do with work, I mean, you're always in your workspace instead out here with me or with your best bro, Key.

Ben: I'm really sorry, chingu. I better get going.

Kylie: You'll never experience happiness if you keep on that attitude, Ben. *sigh* Oh well, better invite my BFFs.

 

Not only these guys disagree with me, but also some people I encounter along the way. Little girl selling flowers, these promo guys, the preacher I saw on TV, you name it; even my own family is interrupting my "important time" 

 

Ben:Sorry eomma, I can't come to the family reunion.

Mom: Oh my, why not dear?

Ben:Well, it's because I have...

Mom: Let me guess, Ben. You have work to do, right? This is a once and a lifetime opportunity to bond as a family and yet you're not coming.

Ben: Eomma, you don't understand how important my work is. I'm doing this because I wanted to help you guys.

Mom: But Ben, are you going to push yourself to your work in exchange for a quality time with us?

Ben:: .....

 

Like what I said, I have no time for anything. My only job is to get things done before the deadline, that's it.

 

But everything is about to change, and it all started in one night... when I was driving my way back home.

[RINGTONE: X-Ecutioner Style]

Ben:Hello, this is Ben.

???: Congratulations, Mr. Park! Today is your lucky day! You are our winner of our GRANDEST PRIZE!

Ben: LISTEN YOU BIG PIECE OF TRASH, I'm not playing jokes around here! Now, if you keep on saying something stupid, go scam someone else! OK? BYE! *phone click* Idiot.. He can't mess with a smart guy like me!

 

and all of a sudden... I just saw an incoming truck.

 

Ben: That's right, I'm the boss around here... *truck blowing horn* WOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! 

 

I tried to step on a brake and shift my turn but I ended up being crashed by a truck. Several minutes later, I just woke up. And then I realized, I was NOT in the car anymore.. I was now in a dimension filled with white smoke and some choirs singing from a distance.

 

--TO BE CONTINUED--

 

**********************************************************

That's it for my first chapter. Next episode, Ben will now meet Isiah. What does this guy have something to do with him?

 

If you guys like the story, vote for it. If you wanna say something or correct the grammar, place comments below. And finally, to be updated on this story, hit the Subscribe. THANK YOU ALL GUYS FOR READING THIS CHAPTER! HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME!