Chapter 3

Sometimes [a three-chapter story]

 

Flashback pt 2.


SEOHYUN.

"I see that you're quite close to Luhan, noona." Sehun chuckled.

"Well. He's nice. He actually treats me like a princess."

"I thought you said he's arrogant?"

"That was just my first impression of him."

"And you actually told him that he's arrogant."

Luhan's a good guy. In fact, I like him. Well, at first he was really arrogant and his vibes annoy me a lot. But, first impressions last. 

"Do you like him?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you like..... like him?"

"What if I say yes? Are you gonna allow me?"

"Of course. But I'm afraid that you two might get hurt in the end. But you two are cute."

"But I'll be choosing studies first plus I still don't want to experience heartbreaks or whatever you call that. And he doesn't like me, anyway."

"What if he does?"

"Whatever, Sehun-ah!"

"Noona, promise me you'll never date anyone for now. Unless he's someone I prefer........ Or unless it's Luhan."

LUHAN.

"Lulu? Is this you?"

"Yeah. Yoona noona, can we talk?"

"Yeah. What do you want? Can you please make a reservation for two?

"Where? Seoul Hotel?"

"Yup."

"I see. B-but just for two? Are you not gonna invite your friends?"

"I don't have friends." I joked.

"Oh-- maybe you're gonna confess?"

"Yeah, I really like this girl. And I kind of think she likes me too."

"Okay Lulu, I'm going to help you surprise her. But please, don't drag me when you're about to confess to her, okay?"

"I'm not like your Donghae."

My sister chuckled "I know. but oh well, his confession still works on me."

 

Confession.


"Seohyun, Let's have dinner at Seoul Hotel tonight! I already told Sehun about this."

"Oppa. Sure. See you tonight, then."

I was nervous because it's my first time to confess to someone. I really like Seohyun. She's different. She's pure. She's innocent. She's smart. I need her because I love her. Sehun knows about it ever since. Though, there are times that I'm scared to tell him that I want to confess, but still, he told me that he's rooting for me. 

It was already 7PM and I fetched Seohyun. She was wearing a cute dress and a headband, it really looks good on her. We both went directly inside the hotel, we rode on the elevator and I made sure to cover her eyes before we get to the rooftop.

"Why are you covering my eyes?"

"I have something for you."

"It's not my birthday yet."

"I know."

"How'd you know?"

"Duh. You're Sehun's TWIN sister." I stressed out.

The elevator stopped and we're already at the rooftop. I knew it, my sister, Yoona, will never disappoint me. The lights were good, the music played soothly and the glass were perfect because of the simple yet elegant designs that were posted on it. I took my hands off and let Seohyun see the things in front of her.

"Wow. This is.......... amazing."

"Do you like it?"

"Of course."

"Let's eat!"

"Sure, I'm hungry." She chuckled.

I pulled off the chair and waited for her to take a seat and I went to my seat and offered her a champagne. The waiter delivered our food on the table and I can see that she was amused. 

"This is really amazing, oppa. Thank you."

"No problem."

We both ate, talked a lot, laughed a lot. And I've learnt a lot from her, about her life and Sehun's life and how they became orphans. I also found out that Sehun works for the two of them and she also told me that she was bullied back in their old school. She also mentioned that she loves to study a lot - she did a lot of things for the sake of studying - which is pretty much obvious about her. I also told her about my life and She even told me that she wanted to meet my sister. We danced together, we played instruments together, she played the piano & I played the violin. And I'm hoping that she likes me too.

"Seohyun."

She looked at me as I held her hand.

"What is it, oppa?"

"I really like you."

The moment I confessed my feelings for her, She took a step backward and looked down. I never expected that. 

"But, oppa. Are you sure about that?"

"I am. Ever since I saw you, I swear, I couldn't take my eyes off of you."

"But you have a lot of girls out there and you'd still pick me?"

"Of course. I love you and I'm sure of that."

"But...... I've seen you dated a lot of girls lately."

"But I don't have any feelings for them."

"Oppa. I don't know if I like you."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry."

"I knew it."

"I'm really sorry. I'm busy with school stuff. But......"

She ran and left me hanging.

I was hurt. Really hurt. She's busy with school stuff? That's the only thing that came out of - I'm really sorry was an exception. I know she was sorry, but I was expecting to hear more words from her. She's busy with school stuff isn't an excuse. But oh well, I was about to tell her that I can wait, but the momenth when she told me that she doesn't know if she likes me - I told myself to give up. She's my first love, I admit. And I promise not to fall in love with anyone ever again.

 

Sometimes.


PRESENT.

It was an early morning when Sehun woke me up. I got pissed off by the fact that he had to enter my room and tell me that his sister is sick. 

"Luhan! Please. I still have to go to work. Please take care of her for an hour or two? I just need to get this job and get my salary. Please. She's sick, okay? Please, please."

"Okay! Okay! I'll be going to your house later and serve your annoying sister."

"Come on, Luhan. Stop being bitter. I know you still love her. And she likes you. Just please."

"Whatever."

"Thank you! I'm going now. Please go to our house okay? Thank you, Thank you!"

I went to the bathroom and changed and decided to go to Sehun's house which is just 10 minutes away from our home. I took the keys that were hidden under the pot and opened the door.

"SURPRISE!"

"What? What is this?"

"Happy Birthday, Luhan!"

I almost forgot, It's my birthday. And Yeah,  same day as my birthday, It has been two years since the day Seohyun dumped me. That's pretty much an explanation why I don't want to remember my birthday. 

"Uh- Thanks Sehun-ah. Thank you, Donghae hyung and Noona."

"I thought Seohyun's sick?"

Sehun pointed at the door and I looked at him, puzzled. "Go inside. You both need to talk. It has been two years since that day, remember? And don't worry, I'm still rooting for you." 

Yoona noona pushed me and smiled "Go Lulu. You can do it. Fighting! I know you still have feelings for her."

I sighed and opened the door. I saw her sitting on the bed, there was a cake, champagne, there's music playing & I slowly closed the door. She smiled.

"Oppa."

"And now you're calling me oppa? Just because it's my birthday, isn't it?"

"I'm sorry. I know you're still mad."

"I'm not."

"But you've changed a lot."

"They said."

"Oppa. I know that you don't like me anymore but I just want you to hear me sing."

"Go on."

She put on a tape and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"You tell me you're in love with me. Like you can't take your pretty eyes away from me. It's not that I don't want to stay, but every time you come too close I move away. I wanna believe in everything that you say, cause it sounds so good, but if you really want me, move slow, there are things about me you just have to know. SOMETIMES I run. SOMETIMES I hide. SOMETIMES I'm scared of you. But all I really want is to hold you tight, teat you right, be with you day & night. Baby, all I need is time."

I looked at her as her tears flow down her cheeks. I don't know what to do, I don't like to see her cry, it's because when she cries, I get to remember the day when Choi Minho tried to do something to her. 

"What was that song all about?" I asked.

"I was about to sing this song for you when we had our dinner at Seoul Hotel, two years ago, because I want to finish what I told you - Remember when I told you that I'm busy with school stuff, I was really nervous that's why I left, I forgot to tell you that I'd be back. But when I went back at the hotel, the waiter said that you went home. I called you a lot of times that night, but your phone was off. When tomorrow came, I looked for you and Sehun helped me too but you were no where to be found. You were absent for days. And when you came back to school, you acted differently, I wanted to talk to you but it seems that you don't want to talk to me anymore. I saw you dating with other girls and just days ago, I saw you made out with Suzy Bae. Oppa, I really like you. I was just afraid that I might get hurt, I'm so stupid. I-i don't know what to say anymore. I just love you, oppa."

I pulled her close and brushed her back. I hugged her tight as she buried her face on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I was a jerk. I never thought that it would take us two years before we could talk like this. I was a jerk, I should've waited for you. I'm sorry I was so shallow."

She placed her arms around my neck. 

"Oppa, do you still love me?"

"I do. I never stopped loving you, Seohyun-ah."

I kissed her lips as she kissed me back passionately.

"I'm happy that you're finally mine now, Seohyun-ah."

"I love you oppa. You're the only one for me."

"I love you too Seohyun-ah."

****

A/N: Hihi~

Also the song that Seohyun sang here in the story is Britney Spear's SOMETIMES. Not mine, okay? :3