0028

Drop Dead Goddess


TWENTY EIGHTH

________________________________

 

"I knew it! It was Daesung all along. Jaejoong won't do anything like that." Dara halved the tuna sandwich before she consumed it, one little bite at a time. While she was busy eating, Seunghyun reached for her, pressed her hand and lovingly spoke. "Honey, please always be cautious. If I'd lose you, I'll go crazy."



Her eyes searched for him, her thumb caressing his cold hand. She nodded while still chewing food. "You're the only one keeping my sanity." His deep voice was now mellow, aching, as if she's his only reason to still outlive these tragedies. As if she's the one he needed to survive. "Please hold my hand 'til the end," he added. 



Erstwhile the atmosphere was sad and serious, she managed to still sound cheerful. "I won't go anywhere. Don't worry, sweetheart." Dara reassured before they continued the breakfast. 



"So, where's Daesung?" She broke the silence. The bachelor froze, his face turned bitter and alarmed at the same time. "My men are already looking for that ."



"Hey," a voice from a college student was heard, heading to the long table of the dining area. His eyes were glued with the goddess, longing for her beauty as his fantasy was cut by the older man. "What is it that you want now Jiyong?"



"Am I not allowed to know anything that's happening in our house?" He questioned, pissed. "Oh let me correct," he paused and cocked his head "...your house."



Seunghyun's gaze went back to his meal as he sipped his already cold black coffee. While he used knife to cut his cordon bleau, he mumbled but made sure the lad will hear him. "You better not know things that might take your life in the future." 



"Wow! We should celebrate then." Jiyong mocked, he grinned as if he was baffled and mystified. "The first time you sound concern for me."



"Study so that just in case anything happens to me, the company can still operate." His orbs landed on his younger brother, face was serious enough that made the servers of the food few meters away from them to have an intensified heart beat rates.



"The well known Choi companies or the illegal ones?" The red head knew how to annoy every nerves of Seunghyun as he laughed hysterically and when he realized that the aura wasn't getting any lighter, he held a straight face as well as he murmured. "Kidding."



He shook his head and suddenly stood up from his dine. "I'll get something. Stay here for a while." He left the two awkwardly staring at each other. 



When he was gone, Jiyong sat in front of the lady. He picked some grapes from the fruit tray and munched on it while his eyes never left hers. "You look prettier each day."



"What?" She raised her brow, irritated with the cockiness of this nincompoop. Before she could even roll her eyes, Jiyong smirked. "I said you look pretty today, Dara."



DARA.



When she heard it, her lungs couldn't accept any air as she felt being strangled. Her grip on the knife tightened as she was convinced that she slit his throat before it gets any worse. "What else do you know?!" She was paranoid. 



"Jiyong, here..." Seunghyun ceased the tension as he threw a sheet of paper in front of his brother.  "My last will and testaments. Just in case." 



His eyes scanned the piece as he saw extremely huge accounts on it. The whole property of the Choi's that will be transferred to his name. "I don't need your money!" He stood up and started walking away but his feet terminated his movement when he heard him say, 



"For OUR father. Don't waste all of these that he worked for. Please take this with you." 



*



It was already passed midnight as she lied on her back. Finally, an alone time for herself in her small apartment downtown that her boss rented for a month now. Rings were soon heard but she opted to ignore Seunghyun's fifth call that she chose to miss. 



She rolled on her stomach as she pulled the blanket to cover herself with the sound of the television filling the silent night. Her grasp were full with the report she abducted from Seunghyun's room. 



NATIONAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

NAME: Kang Daesung
GENDER: Confidential
AGE: Confidential
BIRTHDAY: Confidential
BIRTH PLACE: Confidential 
OCUPATION: Confidential 
AFFILIATION: Confidential



And the rest of the information up to the bottom of the paper were all confidential. She turned to the second page as it read,



Top secret agent. Criminal records unavailable. No further details should be shown.



That was the only sentence written on the whole page but at the right most of it was a signature of the President of the Republic of Korea which approved that his identity shall not be viewed. 



"Boss confirmed," Changmin carefully handed the brown envelope to his master due all respect. Proud of himself for figuring out the real color, though smelling a trouble that will come along the way. "Looks can really be deceiving." His low voice crept the hell out of his apprentice as the glass shattered on his grasp, blood stained. 



"Daesung has a lot of explaining to do." His baritone voice became deeper with the red liquid still dripping down the carpeted floor. However, the apprentice's smile became ear to ear when he heard his boss' command. "Gather all my men and murder him."



"Yes Boss," he bowed down. Before anything else, he spilled what's he has been thinking lately. "By the way, Boss I've seen Sandy's record as what I mentioned that I'll do intensive research on her when she killed Ill Woo's men. Well... There's a glitch. The database showed some links for Kim Sandy. Several women with confidentiality of portfolio. Her name is linked to almost 20 different names. I think, there's something with her. In my own opinion, maybe she's using different identity that's why she has so many accounts. That's just my two cents. Though there's no another page pertaining that she's a top secret agent as well."



"Changmin, I like how you think over things. But, Sandy's the least person that's capable of assassinating mafia lords. She has soft heart and even had nightmares after the incident. Her conscience is killing her. So, that just means her hobby isn't like killing spree." He breathed together with the tobacco he was hitting on, blood still oozing down to his arms. 



"But she operated the helicopter like a pro," he insisted. 



"She had training in military. Wait, why are you so into Sandy? Are you..." He didn't finished his sentence as his glare threatened the one he's arguing with. Changmin waved his hands while shaking his head. "No sir, not what you think. I was just curious when I'll Woo's troops burned our warehouse."



His lungs heaved air before giving up hearing whatever this man was trying to explain, "Enough with this conversation, I still have to finish my dad's last transaction and call the maid to clean this mess on my carpet."




Dara pressed the end of the video file she encrypted on the spy device she planted on Seunghyun's office. That was the last video of Changmin still warm and breathing. If only he didn't interfere, his life should have been spared. 



She tossed Daeaung's data and put away her still opened laptop to the bed side table with several passports and IDs messily scattered. Those identity cards were pertaining to different names that Dara uses, different addresses, birthdate and all. The bed was soon became a nest full of fluffy prakling pillows of monochromatic shade of gray before she closed her eyes. "Idiot Seunghyun. You're ing the killer you've been looking for."



*



"But why can't I kill him?" She stood up, slapping the wooden desk with her palms, creating a loud thud. "Isn't he included in Choi's family? Though I know he's illegitimate child."



"But he's not involved in any underground businesses. He has skate and tattoo shop. That's all. And it is legal with all the papers. Though he's into drag race sometimes." The blonde guy continued t his already full grown nails. 



"But he called me Dara!" She hysterically shouted and snatched the nail cutter that he was using to gain his attention. He was calmed and composed, didn't even got mad with her attitude. He leisurely laid his sight on her and cooly asked, "Have you opened the files that I give you in the flash drive yet?"



"Are you even listening? I don't need your ing flash drive! I need answers why he called me Dara!"



"Just tell me if you checked it already." He got back his possession and continued t his nails as if there were no s given that day. 



"I have no time for your nonsense." She threw a tantrum before grunting on his side that resulted to an insulting smirk on Daesung's face, knowing that Dara was already on her ' you' temper. 



He then yawned when he finished grooming himself, arms stretched far away with his back almost forming an arch. "Then have yourself look on it. After that, come back to me when you're done." He left her mad while picking on his nose. 



*



Week had passed after the wake of Seunghyun's father, same day that he held press conference to announce that he'll be the one running for the position that was left. He will be a candidate for senator maybe after this election. He said he'll just need a term to rest because he still has to grieve and give time to his family before battling into politics, which she found a bit funny. For the fact that Jiyong was the only family he was talking about and the two siblings weren't even good. 



Dara played with her pen as her mind was still focused on that college dude who refused that amount of assets just because he has a huge damn pride . 



The meeting was boring as hell as her eyelids were forcing itself to close on its own accord. There were eight other spies who were feeling the same as her, filling the round table as Tablo continued showing graphs and plans. Some staffs and those who are in charge of technicalities were also present. After giving updates and instructions to the eight noobs and the whole alpha team, he grinned big and put his hands together. "Then for my two favorites!"



Awkward. No one followed his clapping as it slowly faded as if ghost in September night. He cleared his throat and regained his self respect. "After your Choi's case, I'll be departing you both to Japan."



Dara rolled her eyes when she learned that the next one will be on Japan. That she might wake up one day, lying on the bed, clueless with some memory gap and she'll be shocked that she had no idea she's in ing Japan. And worst, she won't remember this meeting after all so she's not aware as well of the presence of Daesung there doing the same mission. It really pissed her knowing there's no point sitting in in this meeting if they'll eventually delete this particular memory. Stupid. 



All thanks to Nam Taehyun for these. As what she's read, he's the first spy assassin who used his previous missions' information and turned in to Asia's top mafia group for his own good. And starting then, this job for forcing them to forget things or experiences that makes them who they are. Stupid Nam. 



Well, maybe this meeting was particularly for the people behind their actions, so that they can plot better to finish a mission flawlessly. But still, stupid enough for her to keep on listing to this ole human. 




"Daesung color your hair dark brown tonight and leave the Choi to Dara. You're needed in Osaka next week after we delete your Choi's memory." He handed a box that supposedly conceiving the color he wanted for his hair together with a folder consisting of a hundred paged readings as the blonde just peacefully received it. "Anyway, here's your new project. The Hirasawa case. They've been smuggling luxury cars from Europe to Japan and export it here in Korea-"



"Boss, can I leave after Dara finished the Choi's?" He cut Tablo. 



Dara couldn't take it anymore as she smashed the pen she's holding to the wooden table, the pen crashing to pieces in great force. "Are you gonna meddle with me? Want to take the credit again huh?"



"Daesung, I know what you're planning." The old man shook his head as Dara felt like she found someone on her side as she plastered a smiled. "Minzy," he mumbled. Dara's excitement became a frown on her face for what he mentioned. 



He took off his thick glasses and cleared it with the hem of his long sleeves. Failing to compose himself, his wrath finally erupted while pointing finger on Daesung. "You're trying to make Dara fall for that bastard again! Stop this love thing because just so you forgot, you signed the contract in the first place and we all have an agreement that no spy is allowed to love!"



"This is bull! I resign!" Daesung threw his hands up, turned his back and shut the door loud, making all of the eyes stuck on their ranging boss. "Daesung! Don't walk away! You know you can't leave this job!" He shouted even if he's already gone. 



"Hey old man," Dara butted in. 



"What the heck were you saying ealier? Me? I fell for who?" Her brows rose as it searched for answers. She waited long enough for his sentiment but he opted to take his silence. On the other end, she couldn't hold her reaction well as she bursted giggling. "Are you kidding? Love doesn't have space in my head! Hahahaha!"



He ran his cold palm through his face as he rested his hands on his waist. Tablo looked up the ceiling and waited for Dara's laugh to subside before making his final statement. "Dara, I'll talk to both of you again before his departure. I'll just take an off. You Bom, take care of this. And tell the president I'll be back in a week."



*



She lied on the bed of roses, literally. Petals of different hues were scattered on the floor, luscious scent lingered. He buried his length deeper than it already was, slowly ing with their bodies moving in sync, their kiss intensified. 



"I love you Dara-ah," the young man purred. The next thing she saw was the abrupt change in her surroundings as she choked to death,  water trespassed which was already desperate in need of air. 



It was his heavenly lips again that she tasted-




"!" She yelped as she hugged her bent knees sobbing like a kid. The dream was like two different versions of her with the same man her heart was yearning to touch. She knew that her head will be ed up once a person that was already deleted on her memory eventually showed up in her present state of mind. 



When reality tried to bring back something that was lost, something that your head forgot but your heart remembered... the taste, the smell, the feeling... How on earth could you even not believe in love?



A hand rubbed her back as he whispered with his morning voice. "Bad dream?"



Dara was reminded by the reality that it was almost a month after the death of the Senator and she was still stuck with Seunghyun in this room, in this same old bed. She wiped her tears and dragged herself out of bed as he shouted audibly. "Where are you going?"



Her mind was an abstract disaster, feet kept on walking towards the door. She didn't know what she was up to. She just felt the need to breathe. Out of his suffocating system.



"I just need to-" she cut herself and realized that she didn't owe him an explanation. "I'll be back."



"You cant leave!" His strong hand got her, he eventually trapped her body in his tight arms. She wiggled and fussed furiously and stated, "I can if I want to!"



He grasped her waist and with his strength, he managed to throw her back to the vast mattress. "Yah!" She protested when Seunghyun hovered over her, maniacally kissing her neck to before succumbing into it. Without warning, he slipped his already hard shaft through her still dry cavern. 



Pain. It was torment of ache, she wasn't ready for any act that he was forcing her to. She felt scarred when he pounded fast and hard with her inner muscles turning red and eventually bled. 



"Seunghyun! Stop it!" She had her vociferous remonstrance, almost losing her temper when he didn't listen. "It ing hurts!" She hissed.  



"No one leaves me!" He was in serious paranoia. His s were soon becoming weak, slowing the deed. He cupped her face, eyes stayed open to see her soul, begging. "You're mine. Mine only. Please."



*



A/n: just wanna share, I also reread this story from the start because I forgot what the hell I wrote two years ago. Hahahaha. btw, Finale on the making. ^.^

As always, comments are appreciated and up votes are well loved. :*

Banner Credits to foreverdaragon :*