Author's Note

Avenue of Hope

 

Guess what? This is my corner, so I can write whatever I want, even if somebody reads it or not. BOOYA! Enjoy this amazing song while you’re at it~

Anyway, first of all, I need to say from the bottom of my heart

THANK YOU FOR READING! Thank you for all your wonderful comments, thank you if you’ve subscribed, thank you if you’ve been a silent reader, thank you if you were just passing by and said “Hey, I’ll read this”. That single click means to me more than anything else so thank you, thank you and thank you!

Avenue of Hope was unplanned. I originally wanted to write it for my friend with whom I’ve developed most of the story. Heck, what’s in these 10 chapters is not even close to the real deal and the complexity of the original plot (G.O for example had three brothers, Mir was one of them and CL wasn’t part of 2ne1, but another band and w/e, too many details), yet I’ve said to myself “Why not?” I haven’t written in English too much these couple of two or three years, so I kind of lacked that spark I once had. I wished to rediscover the pleasure of writing. And here I am, having fun just like I’ve intended.

I know the first chapters are a mess, not only “wtf is this?” kind of mess, but also grammar wise and so, vocabulary definitely. My English is pretty rusty (srsly, I literally slapped my head against the wall when I discovered some utterly stupid mistakes from a quick read), I’m amazed I made it this far without going nuts. I’ll let it cool for now until I finish another story. I’ll revise each chapter carefully then and make sure everything’s just the way it should be. Don’t worry! I won’t take a thing from the plot, just make it prettier for the grammar Nazis (and myself).

This story made me research a little more than I’ve expected, from the South Korean Marines to how men shave. Well, I asked my dad, but when I started typing, I realized I had no idea how to translate some words into English, so Google it is EL-OH-EL But really – I think I stared at hundreds of pictures of G.O and CL to get in my head just how they would move, react, how their facial expressions might be and so on. And I’m seriously in love with G.O’s eyes, they aren’t brown, or black, they are something between >w< I just can’t say he has brown or black eyes. I think I’ve compared them with anthracite somewhere in the first chapters and if you search for the stone, the first pictures with that brown-black shimmer is pretty much how G.O’s eyes are for me after staring at so many photos (I sound like a stalker, don’t I? SOWWY).

Just that, when you’re writing fanfiction, you already have your character’s appearance. The rest is up to you, so that might be an impediment or helpful, depends on people. Me, personally, I’m okay with it, just that I spend more time on searching that perfect person to fit what the character in a particular story might be. So fanfictions are pretty much like directing a film based on a comic book/graphic novel/novel/something that already gives you an accurate description of your character. You just need to find the perfect guy to fit that role and not anger (too much) your fans xD haha. I think I've made a connection with G.O's character when I've decided to give him that scar over his left cheek.

OH YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY? I FORGOT TO TELL THE ONE THAT MADE ME THE POSTER ABOUT THE SCAR. AND GUESS WHAT? SHE SHADOWED THE LEFT CHEEK. SRSLY. HOW COOL IS THAT? XD HAHA... I was so happy after I saw that.

Ugh, I’m rambling again. Anyway, I don’t know if I’ll write this couple again. I’ll have to see.

Other than that, I’m happy to have met you all and that you’ve taken this ride with silly old me <3

LOTS OF LOVE FOR EVERYBODY! /hugs