;XIV.

To Daddy, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That one morning, the wind blows strongly, almost foreseeing the things to come. Taehee knows that something’s up with Jongin. She can feel it to perfection. That, and his latest actions give him away.

It’s been a couple of weeks since Sehun and Haeun’s wedding, and ever since, Jongin has been acing weird. He says he needs a bit of space, so Taehee went back to the guests’ room. He’s staying at work almost until midnight, and sometimes he’s not even coming home. Something’s bothering him and his complexion ahs turned for the worse. Kim Jongin is now restless, something heavy pressing him down by the shoulders.

And Taehee, well, she’s not one to give it up. Things always go however she wants them to, one way or another.

“Good morning,” he utters just a bit surprised, seeing her up so early in the morning.

Taehee, who was just preparing breakfast, turns around and welcomes him with a tiny smile.

“Good morning to you as well. Have a seat.” She then says and pours him some coffee.

Jongin gulps and arranges his collar. He takes the mug from her and gives it a tentative sip. He’s still standing, unsure what to take of her actions. When Taehee surprises him, something is bound to happen. Instead, he drinks the coffee in one-go, and, bidding her goodbye, he heads to the door. Only, he notices that it’s locked and no sight of the key. He can’t even open it by the lock itself.

“Uhm… Taehee? Why is the door locked?” Jongin asks with uncertainty. “And where’s the key?” He then adds, while walking back to the kitchen.

The called one smiles at him innocently, and places a plate with eggs, bacon and mozzarella cheese on the table. Afterwards, she refills his mug with coffee, though adding more milk this time.

“Have a seat and eat. I’ll open the door later.” Taehee says and smiles sweetly.

Not having another choice, Jongin places his briefcase by the couch, then puts his jacket on the armrest of another chair and takes a seat by the table. The breakfast is delicious, though he worries that maybe she’s trying to poison him or put him under a love spell. He’d cross the first one, and, as for the second option… Jongin needs no spell to make him fall in love with Taehee, for he’s ultimately and undeniably loving her. And she, she feels the same.

“Why do I have a feeling that you want to talk about something important?” The ashy eyed man asks, drinking from the coffee. He can’t even feel its taste, due to the milk. Still, he’s grateful for that, to her.

Shrugging, Taehee occupies her usual seta, the one facing his. She has a glass of orange juice before her. “Maybe because I do want to talk about something important?” She a brow upwards, a gesture he’s never grow tired of seeing.

“Go ahead.” He motions, and lightly pushes the plate from him. He’s barely touched the food.

“Eat.” Her voice is menacing, and Jongin finds himself pulling back the dish, and starting to eat again.

Taehee allows herself a moment, before beginning to say what she has on her mind. She knows this is a touchy subject, but she can’t fake anymore that everything’s fine.

“What happened at the wedding, that you’re become so gloomy?”

Jongin nearly chokes on the question, seeing how it’s on spot. Seriously, this woman is too straightforward! But really, it’s a quality he likes, most of the time…

“Why do you ask?” He tries to buy some time for himself, until he settles on telling her everything or nothing at all.

“Don’t beat around the bush. Something happened and it’s causing you hurt. Tell me, so I can help.” Her eyes are sincere.

She’s truly worried because of him. He’s glad to see that. But, at the same time, the last thing he wants is to cause his beloved further distress. Park Taehee is an amazing, respectful and strong woman. She seems like a glass figurine at first, the Devil everyone calls but, once her walls are down and she opens up like a flower, she’s the sweetest, loveliest woman who’s still a maneater. It took him a while to climb over the walls, but once she opened up to him, he’s known that it has to be her.

Which is why, he gets up from his seat, despite the glares and walks over to her. Jongin kneels on the floor and turns her around, to hold her hands.

“I’m the luckiest man to have you. Maybe the heavens gave me you, when they took away my two friends.” Jongin tells her painfully and Taehee frowns.

Their hands rest on her thighs and she gently caresses his.

“What happened?”

He takes a moment, then lets out all of these horrendous thoughts. Taehee is his guardian angel and she’ll keep him warm from the dark.

“Haeun, she asked for a goodbye kiss.” The man says and looks at her. She’s frozen.

And just when he’s about to explain the situation better, she surprises him once again. Taehee chuckles sweetly.

“She’s always been such a drama queen. And?”

He still feels like stepping on a minefield, but goes on.

“I was reluctant, for obvious reasons. Would she really give up on us? Would she let go of the past?” He tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. “She did.” And he feels relieved.

She places her hand above his. “But that’s not what’s bothering you. Not entirely,” and leans into his touch.

“No, not entirely. The truth is, Sehun has something to do with it too.” And Taehee remembers a crying Sehun rush away from the rooftop. Whatever has happened there, it was something huge. “We were best friends since school days. We went through hardships, through the many stages of friendships, love, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter