;XI.

To Daddy, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world itself seems to fasten before his eyes. People and buildings lose their shape, turning into an prism of endless colors, mixing together. He hits the accelerator, his fingers grasping the leather material of the wheel, just as his quest as a madman intensifies.

“Jongin, slow down.” Her voice is nothing but a faraway echo in his mind, something heavenly and untouchable.

There’s a buzzing noise in his head, just as the images from the parking lot haunt him over and over again. Taehee was this close to be hurt. If he were a second late…

“Jongin, please!” She shrieks hysterically, and suddenly, he blinks back to reality, and instinctively pulls to a free space at the right.

Jongin’s breathing is heavy and deep, and he needs another couple of seconds to come back to his senses. He notices his forehead is sweaty, his inner demons making him feel on the edge.  How can he be such a loser, and almost being unable to protect her?

“Taehee, I–” but he can no longer continue, as his ashy brown eyes land on her thin form.

She’s bent over, hugging her arms close to her shivering body, hazel locks falling ahead, and looking scared and desperate. Her sobbing fills the car and Jongin feels as if his heart were torn out and ripped in front of his very eyes.

“I’m sorry, my dear.” He cries out, and, the following moment, Jongin wraps his strong arms around Taehee’s crying self, rocking them gently. “I’m so sorry.” And he means it.

He didn’t put on his seatbelt in his angered rush, but now, he unbuckles Taehee’s, so he can maneuver her easier, to turn her around, and have a look at the mess he’s caused. She must’ve been frightened over his sudden rampage, over his need of speed. That’s his way of canalizing sudden emotions and also pressure, though he’s lost himself for a moment. For that moment, he also forgot about Taehee and Him. And this restless action cost him her calm self.

“Hush, baby. Don’t cry.” Or he’ll start crying too.

His heart beating faster, feeling aggravating over the tears she sheds. He’s never felt like this before, and Jongin knows, he will not ever. Not in the future, and maybe not even in this lifetime. To feel another’s heartbreaking pain and fear. To be touched by this, like a dagger pushed through his bleeding heart. He’s the cause of her misfortune. And he loathes himself for that.

“I’m sorry for driving so fast. I won’t ever commit the same mistake again.” He swears, and places a chaste kiss on top of her strawberry-scented hair.

Taehee only manages to nod, and her tears partially subdue. She’s been so scared, when Jongin started to drive so fast, all of a sudden, pushing his own limits over the edge… She wasn’t only scared for her own safety, and thus Him’s as well. She was terrified for Jongin too. She trusts him, she knows that under normal circumstances he wouldn’t allow them to get in any accident, but now, when he was unstable mentally, she couldn’t be so sure. He was offended by the scene, she knows. It’s eating at his pride, for not being able to protect her.

“I’m alright.” She assures him and offers him a small smile.

“Thank goodness!” Jongin breathes out in relief, and draws his face nearer to Taehee’s.

For a moment, surprise washes over her face, as he plans to kiss her, but instead, she feels blissful, for him to do so. She closes her eyes, imagining herself in a silly scene from a romantic drama. Jongin, taking note of her actions, smiles as well, and, as his fingers tuck in her rich locks, then traveling lower on her shoulders, he caresses her through that flower printer summer dress, and closes the distance between them. Offering her, and also to him, their most wanted kiss.

Electricity runs through their veins, and Jongin feels the need to pull her closer and closer, before she slips out of his reach, before she vanishes like sand. He has to feel her, to have her closer and closer, until he’s getting enough.

But Taehee cannot get enough of Jongin either, in return. He’s got that something, like a switch, but one which is always ‘on’. Kim Jongin is always there, around her, inside of her.

Shudders race down her spine, as if a warning of a kind. The kiss is sweet, perfect, melting away that bad feeling. Nothing will happen to them. Nothing is allowed to happen to them!

Breaking the heartwarming kiss, Jongin flashes her his silly smile, as he tucks a strand of hazel behind her ear.

“You’re beautiful.” He tells her with outmost honesty, and pecks the tip of her nose.

Taehee chuckles awkwardly, as she turns around and does her seatbelt. Jongin follows suit, and he drives off, this time, at a safer speed.

Taehee has never felt this joyful, in her entire life. She knows her walls are slowly coming down, but she doesn’t mind it. Not as long as it’s Jongin penetrating them, and being her knight in shining armor. Well, not exactly, since she isn’t a damsel in distress. Not that Jongin is a knight anyway… But something along those lines.

They are walking around in a park, holding hands like teens, enjoying the sun and the warmth it offers. There’s a small fountain, throwing out water, and near which they stop, sitting on a bench. Taehee offers the man his lunchbox, the one she prepared during the whole noon and afternoon. Surprisingly, he likes it.

“Are you feeling better?” Jongin then asks her, while he offers her the bottle of iced tea.

Taking a few sips, Taehee nods. “I am.” She then says, with a bright smile on her face. She is fine. Mostly because of the effect Jongin has on her. She never thought she’d open up to him so naturally. But slowly, and surely, Kim Jongin has made place in her heart. And he shows no sign of wanting to leave.

“This is delicious.” He compliments her for the nth time and Taehee chuckles proudly.

Indeed, he’s a natural charmer.

Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter