Coming Back

Knot The Chains Tighter

My head still hurts but it I’m fine now. I tried opening my eyes but the lights are so bright to the extent that I feel like it’s blinding me. I heard voices a few steps away from me and that just made me question myself.

Where am I?

I attempted to move my head sideward but failed. Even my neck hurts. Why is this happening? I remember the café, oh no. What time is it? I still need to work.

“Miss Dara Park?” I heard a male voice called me.

“Yes?” I answered slightly opening my eyes to see. “Where am I?”

“Miss Dara… you’re in the hospital,” he replied. I am in a hospital? Oh yes, I remembered last night. I collapsed on the road.

Wait, who sent me here?

“Are you a doctor?” I saw him nod in response. “Who sent me here?” I asked him. I am very curious, though. I need to thank whoever brought me here.

I used my hand to sit up and looked at the old man.

“I was told not to tell his name,” he bowed his head.

Not to tell his name? “Why?” I was a bit annoyed, I don’t even know.

“I don’t know really know the reason but-”

“Is the stranger a guy or a girl?” I cut him.

“Miss, I was orde-”

“Answer me,” I snapped in a very profound voice.

“Miss, you better rest,” he reached for my arms and tried to push me back to the bed but I refused, instead I fought back and stood.

“Who did send me here, tell me,” I don’t even know why I’m so eager to see whoever sent me here but I just want to.

The doctor looked tensed. He cleared his voice before saying, “He’s a guy. He’s about my height and he’s wearing a black leather jacket. He didn’t tell why he doesn’t like his name to be known but I guess he’s a close person to you since he didn’t leave you all night,”

After hearing the information, I quickly gathered my things on the side table, put my shoes on and walk out of this room. I looked at the left and saw a dead end. The guy’s probably went to the right.

“He didn’t leave me all night. Who this guy can be?” I asked myself.

I ran a few meters before I saw the guy the doctor was talking about. He was about open his car’s door when I shout at him.

“Wait!” I started running to him and when he looked back, I stopped on my track.

Kwon Jiyong.

-

“So, why did you come here?” I tried my best to make my voice sound dull but it just betrayed me. The tones of longing and pain were so obvious.

I don’t really know the exact reason why I followed him in this park near the hospital. The moment I saw him look at me, his eyes just melted my whole self. And then, I just found myself walking towards him.

A tear escaped my left eye. He avoided my stare when he saw that.

I can’t believe after nine months of trying to forget him, I found myself failing right at this moment. When I saw Jiyong again, I strived so hard not to hug him and weep in his arms.

And his look really bothers me. He looks sleepless; he doesn’t really look clean and neat. I can see that he lost weight, too. Sohee weeping, Jiyong looking like this. I don’t know what to think anymore.

“You know, Jiyong, you’re being unfair,” I still did not look at him, I just laughed it off. “After nine months, here you are again,” I felt another set of tears poured down. “Sohee came here two days ago,”

Silence.

“I don’t know how the two of you found me here,” I still heard no reply.

“Jiyong, I think seeing your ex wife is not right especially when you’re in a relationship,” I informed him, my voice came off with bitterness on it.

And when he still didn’t reply, I stood up from the bench we were sitting at. That just pulled the last string.

I looked down at him and his black eyes welcomed me. “Kwon Jiyong, you asked me to follow you here but I am doing all the talking now. You know, Sohee came here, too. She came to me crying and she looked so hurt,” I breathe, “What the hell is happening?”

I saw him gulped before standing up.

Oh God, I missed his scent. I just want to hug him real tight now. And when my eyes landed on his partly open lips, I feel like reaching for it. I wanted to kiss those lips again.

But that wouldn’t be right. I cannot show any sign of desire or affection for him at this moment. I can’t betray my best friend.

I sneer at the thought. I’m struggling so hard not to betray her; I’m not even touching Jiyong even though I wanted to. But look what she has done. She chose to stay with Jiyong even though she knows it would break me. She didn’t even consider my feelings.

But I can’t really blame her, can I? I was the one who went away. I was the one who initiated the divorce even though I didn’t like the idea at all. All this time I was the one giving the way. I’m the one suffering the most here.

But I can't be angry at them. It was my choice to walk away.

“Sandara,” Jiyong saying my name broke my trance. My name just sounds so special every time they come from his lips.

How I wish I could drown myself at his voice.

“Jiyong, why did you come here? What do you want now; didn’t I already give you the divorce you want? You even signed those papers in front of me,” I exclaimed.

He didn’t answer right away but chose to look in my eyes. I know that eyes too much and I know that pain is what his eyes are trying to show. Is he regretting ever leaving me for Sohee?

After nine months. What does he think I am? After leaving me he’ll come back because something probably happened between him and Sohee?

“We’re not getting a divorce, Dara,” he finally broke the temporary silence.

“What do you mean?” I am so confused right now. “I mean, you signed the papers in front of me. I did sign mine, too,” I reminded him.

“I did not submit it to the court,” he began. “And they chose to decline our case,” he finally said. What the hell was he thinking? How about Sohee?

“How about Sohee?” I breathe. Everything’s becoming fuzzy.

“Sandara, can you stop thinking about other people even just now?” he said, his tone higher this time.

“Sohee is not other people here! She’s involved here,” I yelled at him, stepping backward.

“Listen to me, Sandara, I’m sorry okay! I’m sorry to hurt your feeling and-”

“I thought we already discussed about this. It’s been nine months for what’s sake, Jiyong. And now you’re telling me that we’re not getting a divorced? All this time I gave a way for you and Sohee can be together because that’s what you want. I know you did not ask for a divorce but I still gave it to you because you love Sohee! I did not become selfish. I chose to become selfless because I love you and Sohee’s my best friend. I just want you to be happy,” I screamed real loud. I’m crying so hard right now but I don’t care. I was just letting my emotions that have been here in my heart for so long to blow up.

“Sandara, since you left I’ve been restless. I admit, I did have affection for Sohee and when you noticed it, you did not fight for your feelings for me instead you just let us to be together. You, not fighting your feelings for me really hurt me,” he said, looking really wounded.

“So, it was my fault now?”

“I’m not saying that, Dara!” he answered quickly. “I was just disappointed when you did not fight for our relationship. Sandara, sometimes you also need to become selfish. Not every time, you’ll think of other’s sake. Think of yours, too,”

“Why are you saying this just now?” I whispered.

“Sohee and I… we didn’t even last a month since you left,” his eyes are speaking for him. Even though I don’t want to believe it, I know he’s not lying.

“What?” I murmured.

“I tried to search for you and only succeeded after three months. The moment I found out where you are working, I didn’t even hesitate to approach you. But one thing stopped me. That guy you’re always talking to. Every night, Dara, I visit that café. And every night you’re also with him. I thought you already moved on,”

“How long?” I want to know how long he’s doing that.

“Since that night. I never stopped visiting you secretly in that café. It’s been seven months,” he said, eyes full of intensity.

Oh God, Jiyong. I feel like fainting.

“Why are doing this?” I whimpered. “What will happen to Sohee?”

“She knows everything. That’s why she came to you because she said to me she already can’t stand this situation and she wanted to make a move. But I told her I want it to be myself who’ll say everything to you,” he said, coming closer to me.

“Jiyong-” I stopped when he reached for my face with his right hand.

I missed that touch. So gentle, so loving.

Wait.

“You’re still wearing our wedding ring,” I said with low voice, grasping his hand on my face.

He leaned in closer, looking at his ring. “I didn’t remove it,” he looked at my eyes, “I never did,” he soon whispered.

I never thought I can cry like this. I don’t know where these tears are coming from. They’re continuously flowing down my cheeks. I’m sobbing so hard.

I don’t know what to say. I’m not feeling any anger towards him; instead I want to kiss his lips.

And he did kiss me. I feel blissful. After such a long time, I’m savoring those lips again. After a second of shock, I finally kissed him back. He used his both hands to motion my face closer to him. I can feel that he missed me as much as I missed him. And then, he tilted his head to deepen our kiss. I smiled at this.

I can stay like this forever. The butterflies pooling in my stomach... oh, this is prefect.

I broke the kiss first. “I love you, Jiyong,” I whispered, looking at his deep, black eyes. I can't hold my feelings anymore. Because I know, too, that deep inside, those words remained in my heart even when I left him.

“After what happened Sandara, I swear I’m going to love you more than you will ever love me,” he sounded so sincere and I know he is.

“I don’t need words, Jiyong. Prove it,” I smiled to him.

“I can’t afford to lose you again, okay. Let’s start over. You’re still my wife, and I’m still your husband. That wouldn’t change forever. I love you,” and he kissed me again.

Moments like this... you will normally wish to stop the time. But for me, I'm wishing for a different thing. As soon as possible, I already want to get out of here and start living with Jiyong again. I know he did a very wrong thing. So do I. Like what he have said, I should learn to be selfish at times, too. And I will be. Especially when it comes to him.

-

 

Wait for the next chapter. I'm posting it later.

I decided to write a story on what happened after a year or so. It will be short, though.