Chapter 1: So It Begins

Spy: I Got You Little Runaway ♦Story Start♦

 

tumblr_mhlx7lu3Gf1s01qzro6_250.gif

 

 

CHAPTER ONE: So It Begins      
 

 

It's not just a job, it's a way of life

 


 

E.S.S.E.M. HQ 
(note: this takes place before teaser 4 happens)

He sat at at the far end of the retangular table, typing away at his computer with one hand while lazily eating a turkey sandwhich with the other. The boy's attention shifted from his screen to the door for a split second as one of his 'co-workers' entered the conference room.

"How do you do that?!" the man who entered the room asked, almost in awe as he stared down and watched the other type away on his laptop one-handed. The male at the computer dismissed the voice he had heared and continued his task while munching away on his sandwhich.

"You really need to learn to respect your elders, Cho," the other scoffed.

Seeing that the younger wasn't going to acknowledge his presence, the older proceeded to take a seat near the middle section of the table. The younger, still ignoring the older, smirked at his computer screen. The next few minutes consisted of constant pounding on keyboard keys that, to anyone didn't know video games, would seem quite pointless and cave-man like. As he was hammering the buttons, men began filing into the room. No words were spoken between any of the incoming agents and everyone was relatively quiet, except for the boy on the computer. As the other men were filling into their seats, they all seemed to glance at the youngest who was still oblivious of what was happening around him. When everyone seemed to have taken their seats, six seats still empty however, a silence fell on the room. All eyes remained fixed on that agent. A deep clearing of the throat echoed throughout the silent room. The widening of the boy's eyes was proof that he heard the agent behind him. Too surprised to move, he simply stared straight at his computer, a GAME OVER bar appearing on the screen from lack of attention.

"Kyuhyun," an almost emotional, but obviously peeved voice started. "Why are you in my seat?"

Scrambling up quickly, Kyuhyun grabbed his things and practically jumped out of the chair. 

"S-Sorry Donghae," Kyuhyun choked out, pushing his thick black glasses up the bridge of his nose.

Donghae just stared at the younger before looking at his seat and then the table.

"Kyuhyun..." the senior agent started once again.

Confused, Kyuhyun looked down at where he had been trespassing and saw the remnants of his sandwhich spread around, crumbs all over the chair. He briefly tucked his things under his arm and brushed all of the crumbs onto the floor. Almost immediately, Donghae took his seat, saying nothing else to the younger. Seeing that he would get no further response from his idol, Kyuhyun shuffled to one of the six empty seats.

A new voice called out to the group," Now that everyone is here and in their right seats... we can get started."

All ten of the men remained silent, though the tense atmosphere was causing a few of them to shift uncomfortably in their seats.

The leader continued his little speech," Executive Director Lee told me that there is a top secret mission the company needs us for..."

"Well that doesn't happen very often..." the bulkiest of the ten men said, worry laced in his voice.

The leader inhaled sharply, not sure how exactly to portray what he was trying to say.

"As Cho knows, there was recently a bug in the computer system here. Many files disappeard, most about past agents. Mr. Lee is worried about what this intruder is going to do with this kind of information. Multiple encrypted folders on older political institutions here and in North Korea were taken. Random cases were also taken. I am assigning a couple of you to investigate if any of these places have witnessed any weird occurences or changes lately."

Jungsoo, the leader, pushed various folders across the table to four of the ten men. They all opened their folders, the men without folders leaning across to see what the others had to do. Of all the groans, Sungmin's was the loudest.

"Y-You want me to investigate a... a brothel?! An... All male brothel?!" the blonde shouted, mumbling slightly from embarrassment. "Can't you just send Hyukjae there instead? He's the master of disguise, not me."

Jungsoo shook his head," These cannot be changed. Hyukjae has a more high profile place to infiltrate anyway. He will be coaching all of you on your disguises and stories anyway."

Sungmin continued to protest," But hyung-"

A fit of laughter interrupted the blonde male. "We all know you like it up the ," Kyuhyun laughed as he saw the other turn a bright shade of pink.

"I am not gay!" Sungmin shouted, rising from his seat and pounding clenched fists on the table.

He grumbled under his breathe as the youngest of the group smirked in triumph.

"Well, even if you were, what's wrong with that?"

Everyone looked to the end of the table, shocked at the sudden words that came from the master asassin. He looked around the table before locking his gaze on Hyukjae for a split second. Kyuhyun stared wide eyed and mouth agape.

"Holy ! You ed Hyukjae!" the youngest gasped, pointing at Hyukjae as he spoke.

Hyukjae blushed slightly and cleared his throat before directing his attention from the younger down to his lap. Sungmin chuckled and sat back down in his seat, watching the event unfold.

"You're just jealous it wasn't you Kyuhyun," Sungmin quipped, smirking and leaning back in his chair. The youngest seemed at a loss for words while Donghae was relatively unbothered by the newly discovered information about his life.

Jungsoo saw the new silence as an invitation to get back on topic, "Oh and there's one last thing..."

The whole room looked up at their leader, falling silent immediately when they noticed the seriousness in his voice.

"It's related to Heechul"

 


 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  I'm so sorry this took so long ;3; I love you guys and thank you for reading and staying subscribed and waiting patiently. I hope you like the chapter and the new layout, especially for the forward (it took a while to fill out TT^TT ). <3 lots of love
Remember, comments are loved <3 <3 <3
It's not as long as I wanted it to be but whatever...
P.S. If the font is too small for you to see PLEASE TELL ME so I can change it (or zoom in, your choice).

~your author